Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3136611 - 01/23/13 08:59 PM The emasculation of the U.S. military...
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

...and the nation it defends, continues at a dizzying pace.

"Women in all branches of the military soon will have unprecedented opportunities to serve on the front lines of the nation's wars.

Leon Panetta, in one of his last acts as President Obama's defense secretary, is preparing to announce the policy change, which would open hundreds of thousands of front-line positions and potentially elite commando jobs after more than a decade at war, the Pentagon confirmed Wednesday....

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/23/panetta-opens-combat-roles-to-women/#ixzz2IrHyYwBs

#3136613 - 01/23/13 09:00 PM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: Bambi Buster]
cecil30-30
16 Point

Loc: Morgan Co

I hope they are ready to sign up for the selective service upon turning 18 also.

Ban Liberals!!! Save America!!!!

#3136617 - 01/23/13 09:03 PM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: cecil30-30]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

How could an army of gays and women possibly emasculate the US military ?

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3136644 - 01/23/13 09:25 PM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: de novo]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

I just don't understand the logic behind this at all. I have not served in the Armed Forces so I will withhold my comments except for this one. If you can't kick my [censored] in hand to hand combat I sure the hell do not want you fighting next to me or watching my back.

#3136688 - 01/23/13 10:04 PM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
I just don't understand the logic behind this at all. I have not served in the Armed Forces so I will withhold my comments except for this one. If you can't kick my [censored] in hand to hand combat I sure the hell do not want you fighting next to me or watching my back.

I've never met you, but I've no doubt there are some who could. However, that is not the only issue or the even major issue here.

#3136691 - 01/23/13 10:05 PM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: de novo]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Originally Posted By: de novo
How could an army of gays and women possibly emasculate the US military ?

Don't forget transgender. That's already in the works, too.

#3136712 - 01/23/13 10:28 PM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: Bambi Buster]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

I can hear my WWII veteran Grandpa spinning in his grave. Here's hoping my Dad doesn't even HEAR this news story.

The last bastion of masculine hope is the American military.

This is bad for a myriad of reasons.

#3136722 - 01/23/13 10:43 PM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: AndyW]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Loc: Jackson Co. TN

I'll respect the women that are whilling to take a bullet and defend our freedoms, just as I do the men, but I don't think it's a good idea.
I hope these women realize that if they are ever captured, that they will probably be the first ones to be attacked, either raped and/or killed.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody"

#3136743 - 01/23/13 11:47 PM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: Outdoor life]
Koyodiak
8 Point

Loc: Kodak, TN

Originally Posted By: Outdoor life
I'll respect the women that are whilling to take a bullet and defend our freedoms, just as I do the men, but I don't think it's a good idea.
I hope these women realize that if they are ever captured, that they will probably be the first ones to be attacked, either raped and/or killed.

Imagine the outrage of the American people when it DOES happen, and it will; look at who we're fighting right now, and will be for a long time.

#3136745 - 01/23/13 11:50 PM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: Koyodiak]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Koyodiak
 Originally Posted By: Outdoor life

Imagine the outrage of the American people when it DOES happen, and it will; look at who we're fighting right now, and will be for a long time.

The American people lost their sense of outrage within only a few months after 9/11. I do not see it returning ever again; or if it does, too late to matter.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Litemup80, five by five, Doe1961, OfficerBuck, rapalabuck
13311 Registered Users
Who's Online
11 registered (feldmutze, keystonecop, bbuck14, tn droptine, Poleaxe, Prowler) and 53 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13311 Members
42 Forums
94112 Topics
1099525 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.117 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.