Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 9 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3136240 - 01/23/13 03:51 PM Re: Question? Guns at work. [Re: Unicam]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Unicam
Actually until last year I believe the law in TN was that a no weapons sign had to have a very specific verbage on it to be legal and could not be a "No Guns" or the circle with the line through the gun. Believe it changed last year though and now all signs are considered legal in TN.. No matter, if asked to leave for any reason, you must or face a trespass charge....

Otherway around...."Gunbuster" sign used to not be legally binding. Law has since been modified to essentially give legal weight to any signage that even remotely conveys the no-guns intent.

#3136243 - 01/23/13 03:52 PM Re: Question? Guns at work. [Re: TAFKAP]
Buzzard
8 Point

Loc: Rocky Top

(TCA 39-17-1359) Tennessee Prohibition Of Carry Notice. This is the law that allows your employer to prohibit you from carrying on property.

This is also the basis for the "Parking Lot Bill" that is being considered at the current time. It would prohibit your employer from keeping a HCP holder from keeping his or her handgun locked in their car while on property.

Another reason to contact your Representative and ask them to support it.

"Life is Hard, It's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

#3136259 - 01/23/13 04:06 PM Re: Question? Guns at work. [Re: TAFKAP]
Sako
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

content Online
 Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
 Originally Posted By: Unicam
Actually until last year I believe the law in TN was that a no weapons sign had to have a very specific verbage on it to be legal and could not be a "No Guns" or the circle with the line through the gun. Believe it changed last year though and now all signs are considered legal in TN.. No matter, if asked to leave for any reason, you must or face a trespass charge....

Otherway around...."Gunbuster" sign used to not be legally binding. Law has since been modified to essentially give legal weight to any signage that even remotely conveys the no-guns intent.

wehn was this passed... and can you point to the legislation? It was my understanding the sign had to be very specific about it.... (exact verbiage from the state).... when did this change?

#3136260 - 01/23/13 04:08 PM Re: Question? Guns at work. [Re: Buzzard]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Buzzard
(TCA 39-17-1359) Tennessee Prohibition Of Carry Notice. This is the law that allows your employer to prohibit you from carrying on property.

This is also the basis for the "Parking Lot Bill" that is being considered at the current time. It would prohibit your employer from keeping a HCP holder from keeping his or her handgun locked in their car while on property.

Another reason to contact your Representative and ask them to support it.

Sorry....Fred Smith told the Reps to jump, and on the way up, they asked "HOW HIGH???"

It doesn't stand much of a chance again, so long as the super buisiness elites of the state have their way. Don't forget, Hizzoner Haslam is one of them. Even if it does pass, it won't escape committee, where I recall, Mr. "Put the Boot To 'Em" Ron Ramsey killed it last year.

#3136271 - 01/23/13 04:14 PM Re: Question? Guns at work. [Re: Buzzard]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

My employer does not allow firearms on their property, and I honor their rules. It's not worth risking my job. They have been known to patrol the parking lot with dogs, trained to sniff out guns, and contraband. An employee was fired several years ago for having a firearm in his vehicle. He got caught by telling someone on the web, via his company pc that he had one in his car.

#3136282 - 01/23/13 04:25 PM Re: Question? Guns at work. [Re: dr]
TAFKAP
14 Point

How can a dog sniff out a gun in a car???

#3136328 - 01/23/13 05:01 PM Re: Question? Guns at work. [Re: Vermin93]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: Vermin93
They passed legislation for this down here in Texas in 2011. Some of you may be interested in what is and isn't legally allowed:

Texas Guns at Work Law

It would be good to see Tennessee join this list of States...

"Texas joins a number of other states that have enacted these so-called “parking lot” laws in the past several years, including Alaska, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Utah. "

This is how it is in Florida; my vehicle is my personal property, considered my "Castle" and therefore I can store weapons in my vehicle, as it should be.

#3136502 - 01/23/13 07:16 PM Re: Question? Guns at work. [Re: Redfred16]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

So i am wondering if that applies to your car. The way i understood it in the carry class and I may have misunderstood, was your car was your private property and since ou would leave the work premisses you could not be forced to not be able to protect yourself when you left. therefore No guns on premisses for employees meant in the building, so just leave it in your car.

It makes no sense that you would have to forfiet your right to carry to and from work, because your employer said no guns. If I am wrong in my above post I would say just leave it in your car and don't say anything to anyone.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3136509 - 01/23/13 07:22 PM Re: Question? Guns at work. [Re: TAFKAP]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
How can a dog sniff out a gun in a car???

Dogs can be trained to alert to drugs, gunpowder in ammo, and explosives. Most guns are loaded!!!
A guy got searched, because a dog alerted to his truck. The dog was able to detect an empty prescription med bottle in the glove box, and the windows were closed.

#3136561 - 01/23/13 08:09 PM Re: Question? Guns at work. [Re: dr]
gasman
8 Point

Loc: South of the Hatchie

Glad my employer encourages us to carry. He says just dont let the customer see it.

Hunt Hard. Pray Harder.

Page 3 of 9 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
UTRok16, ljhhunt3, perchjerkin, camohunter3, mtd
13273 Registered Users
Who's Online
112 registered (dmonty, imograss, ROVERBOY, Master Chief, sll, Hunter244, 13 invisible) and 147 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13273 Members
42 Forums
93102 Topics
1088072 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.115 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.