Tndeer Logo

Page all of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#3134669 - 01/22/13 03:28 PM Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read)
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

I have had it up to my eyeballs with some of the garbage some liberals throw out there. I have some fb friends that are ignorant to anything not liberal and lashed out. I may have to delete some lifelong friends after the comments I am sure to get.
Here is my rant-

"I have been thinking. A lot. Why is it that there are some people that support a woman's right to choose, support gay marriage and freedom of speech are so ready and willing to let the government take away or severely restrict my 2nd amendment rights? I don't get it. Is one right more important than another? As I am asked to support these things or be labeled a hatemonger, Nazi or racist, I am sickened that what I believe in is deemed evil and wrong. Why are some of my rights dispensable? If anyone expects their cause to be supported, they need to look at how supportive they are of ALL the rights given in the Constitution of The United States of America. It's not a pick and choose game unless you are willing to give up others.
Not all do but it is wearying to see folks fight with everything they have for what they want and call me a bad person for wanting my rights to stay intact. I will also add that abortion rights are not in the Constitution but my right to bear arms is. Is terminating a pregnancy and ending a life more important than me being able to protect myself or target shoot and hunt?
Scream for tolerance ONLY if you are tolerant. Otherwise, I will not respect your views any more than you respect mine."

It took all I had to be as nice about it as I was. Did I say anything I shouldn't have? My thinking is that swaying opinion has to be done in as calm a fashion as possible but I really want to slap the crap out of some folks. \:\)

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3134681 - 01/22/13 03:37 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Bowdacious]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Bout time some conservative women in the hunting community spoke up. I've unfriended quite a few on FB as of late and not regretting it one bit. Their "disbelief" in my "beliefs" was their undoing! It's common knowledge that conservatives are prone to not lashing out but that has ended. Good job Bow

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3134686 - 01/22/13 03:40 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Coach]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Excellent thread.

Libs always claim to be the open-minded ones, of course until you don't buy what they are selling.

#3134689 - 01/22/13 03:41 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Coach
16 Point

They are only open minded about what they want

#3134696 - 01/22/13 03:46 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Coach]
ferg
Cancer Free
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

happy Online
 Originally Posted By: Coach
Bout time some conservative women in the hunting community spoke up. I've unfriended quite a few on FB as of late and not regretting it one bit. Their "disbelief" in my "beliefs" was their undoing! It's common knowledge that conservatives are prone to not lashing out but that has ended. Good job Bow

What Coach said -

ferg....

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

#3134698 - 01/22/13 03:46 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Thanks.
I have simply had enough. I was called out for not being supportive of a friends desire to be able to marry his bf. I wasn't unsupportive, I just didn't respond to his little poll. Then he turns around and asks me why it would be so bad to register my guns and give some of them up. I told him we would discuss it when he stopped trying to get a law passed giving him a right to something he wanted that was clearly forbidden in God's Word. He didn't care for that too much.
I plan on giving as good as I get from now on.
Don't even get me started on the right to choose crap. \:\)

Beware the skillet ---O

#3134705 - 01/22/13 03:49 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Coach]
iowavf
10 Point

Loc: southwest iowa

I think most have been led to believe the 2nd amendment is more for hunting instead of what it stands for. You hear the libs on TV say you don't need a magazine that holds 30 rounds to hunt deer with. Most people who know nothing about guns think they are just for hunting so all you need are a couple bullets and they get this false information from the libs and anti media. They base their information from what the CNN's and dems tell them. You have a president hiding behind several small children getting the "AW" symphony from the uneducated that by banning these dangerous weapons, the killings will stop! And yes they believe him.
#3134712 - 01/22/13 03:53 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Bowdacious]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

shocked Online
Your friend would fit in perfectly in Western Europe. Unfortunately, it will be like that here in the US soon enough. We are well on our way under Democrat rule.

#3134716 - 01/22/13 03:56 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: iowavf]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

I'm not on FB. The wife posted a generic paragraph about the 2A the other day and an ex intern from her work (happens to be black) posted a 'prayer' to God to forgive an acquaintance of hers for their narrow-mindedness and probable racist views about owning guns.

Never mentioned my wife by name.

THIS is the 'tolerance' we hear about from the left all the time.

#3134730 - 01/22/13 04:11 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Vermin93
Your friend would fit in perfectly in Western Europe. Unfortunately, it will be like that here in the US soon enough. We are well on our way under Democrat rule.

He would that. Claims to be Buddhist, too. Oh my!
 Originally Posted By: Buckykm1
What ferg said Coach said.

Whew! I hope ole stik makes it through the night. LOL

He will. He's at work and safe from my rant tonight. \:\)
 Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
I'm not on FB. The wife posted a generic paragraph about the 2A the other day and an ex intern from her work (happens to be black) posted a 'prayer' to God to forgive an acquaintance of hers for their narrow-mindedness and probable racist views about owning guns.

Never mentioned my wife by name.

THIS is the 'tolerance' we hear about from the left all the time.

See! That's what ticks me off. What does owning a gun have to do with color? Sad part is, that intern, I'm sure, doesn't know the correct definition of racism, either. Why aren't lobotomies performed on crazy people like they used to be? It couldn't make them any dumber.

Beware the skillet ---O

#3134733 - 01/22/13 04:11 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Git back in the kitchen! \:D

You posted a very good response, Bowd. Keep us posted on those that try to argue their point after reading that.

#3134753 - 01/22/13 04:21 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: moondawg]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Originally Posted By: moondawg

You posted a very good response, Bowd. Keep us posted on those that try to argue their point after reading that.

No kitchen for this girl. Just because I CAN cook is no reason TO cook. \:\)
I'll let you know if anything good pops up.

Beware the skillet ---O

#3134756 - 01/22/13 04:23 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: moondawg]
Paul Burns
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Westport--- Carroll County Tn

My hat is off to you Bowdacious. I knew I liked you the first time we met. Now I know why.
You have put it out there in a way that talks for me also, maybe you should start writing as a vocation, I am serious.
See you'all at the vous.

#3134765 - 01/22/13 04:29 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: ]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

You are not wrong in what you typed BowD. I WILL NOT type all of what I think on the web for fear of suits arriving at my home.

Dont tread on me

#3134769 - 01/22/13 04:31 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Bowdacious]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

This just in from a buddy of mine. She has a good head on her shoulders.

" I really am not tolerant of some things. I don't plan to be. I don't have to be. What I do have to be is respectful and honor the person and his or her pursuit of their own happiness. It's amazing to ME that it's often the screams of the unhappy that impose on me while I mind my own business. It's not about gun control. That's a rouse. It's not about freedom of speech. That's a get-out-of-jail card to spew any filth caused by your own inner pain. It's not about tolerance. It's about forcing others to make you feel better about yourself. If you really felt that great my opinion wouldn't matter. My daddy used to say you can cut the head off all the weeds you want to but if you don't kill the root it's just gonna spread. Our roots have gotten corrupt and it's spread to lots of different areas and we are fertilizing the blossoms and trying not to hurt anyone's feelings by calling a weed a weed. Weeds choke out anything and everything trying to prosper. It's just what weeds do. Voltaire's Candide once said that happiness comes from tending our own gardens."

Beware the skillet ---O

#3134847 - 01/22/13 05:32 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Bowdacious]
Coach
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Bowdacious
This just in from a buddy of mine. She has a good head on her shoulders.

" I really am not tolerant of some things. I don't plan to be. I don't have to be. What I do have to be is respectful and honor the person and his or her pursuit of their own happiness. It's amazing to ME that it's often the screams of the unhappy that impose on me while I mind my own business. It's not about gun control. That's a rouse. It's not about freedom of speech. That's a get-out-of-jail card to spew any filth caused by your own inner pain. It's not about tolerance. It's about forcing others to make you feel better about yourself. If you really felt that great my opinion wouldn't matter. My daddy used to say you can cut the head off all the weeds you want to but if you don't kill the root it's just gonna spread. Our roots have gotten corrupt and it's spread to lots of different areas and we are fertilizing the blossoms and trying not to hurt anyone's feelings by calling a weed a weed. Weeds choke out anything and everything trying to prosper. It's just what weeds do. Voltaire's Candide once said that happiness comes from tending our own gardens."

She married? \:D

#3134861 - 01/22/13 05:40 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Coach]
Rackseeker
12 Point

Loc: Franklin County

I have lost a few friends over the last 4 years. I can't really say how I really feel about the whole thing. I have family members I have choose not to talk to because of their views.

#3134894 - 01/22/13 05:54 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Bowdacious]
Beekeeper
Good ol' Boys "Team Buckcreek"
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co. Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: moondawg

No kitchen for this girl. Just because I CAN cook is no reason TO cook. \:\)
I'll let you know if anything good pops up.
It would be a good time to go to Carl's and have a Banana Split!!! \:D

My tolerance for idiots ran out a long time ago. As for those that want a right to choose, they will have to face their maker and atone for their actions.

#3134903 - 01/22/13 05:59 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Beekeeper]
HenryCohunter
4 Point

Loc: Cottage Grove TN/Horn Lake MS

I have un-friended about a dozen people since all this garbage started and see a few more on the way down the same path.. I will not stand idlely by while our second amendment is trampled upon by the ignorant and foolish.

#3134905 - 01/22/13 05:59 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Beekeeper]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Great post Bow, from you and your buddy. Good to hear people speaking the REAL TRUTH.

Μολων λαβε

#3134929 - 01/22/13 06:17 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Beekeeper]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

You did good!!

I myself had the same problems on Facebook you posted about but not only friends but family too, holidays have never been the same since, It got so bad I had to leave facebook and now I miss out on seeing pictures of the kids growing up.

Liberals are the same everywhere ever when they are hunters too. Just go look on here and any other hunting forum, they ALL say the same things. They are fine with the govt banning "certain" guns and mags, as long as it is not THEIR guns and mags. They always talk about THEIR gun right and not OUR gun rights. Liberals only see things FOR THEMSELVES and never others.

Oh of course if you don't agree with them then YOU are angry, a hater, a racists and any other name they can come up with. You have to understand thet's ALL THEY HAVE, they hide behind those words because they know full well that they will lose every single time no mater the subject.

They only see the Bill of Rights as THEIR rights and not OUR rights.

#3134930 - 01/22/13 06:17 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

Awesome wish more of the conserv Ladies would open up like that.

Get some Bowdacious givem hell dont let up.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3134952 - 01/22/13 06:30 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Stalkhunter]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Glad I've never got started doing that facebook thing. Heck, I really don't have time for this TNdeer thing!
#3134980 - 01/22/13 06:43 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Wes Parrish]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

You go Bow'd!! Give em Hell!

#3134997 - 01/22/13 06:53 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Bowdacious]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Good for you BD.
Sounds pretty adolescent to me.

Unfortunately, we are being greatly divided by this President.....and they've made it personal.

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

#3135020 - 01/22/13 07:07 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: preds1]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Thanks for the support. I have decided that I can point out hypocrisy in those who choose to accuse me of it. \:\)
I have been patient and civil for too long. I will try to remain civil but my patience for those that threaten an uprising if abortion is regulated in any way but want MY guns, YOUR guns, OUR guns and OUR rights restricted in any way. That includes making ammo difficult to get and not allowing me to own whatever type firearm I choose.
Whew. I'm more aggravated than I realized. Good thing I haven't quit smoking yet. God love em when I have to go ten hours + without one in March. \:D

Coach- nope. She is single.
Beekeeper- not stopping for one has been very difficult but I am not at a weight that allows me to have one just yet. I lost the holiday weight but I have to stay below 143 for 2 weeks before I will treat myself. \:\)

Beware the skillet ---O

#3135140 - 01/22/13 07:47 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Bowdacious]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Darn, here I am eating a banada split waiting for the ballgame to start. It has 3 kinds of ice cream, chocolate, caramel and butterscoth strup with whip cream and toped with walnuts and pecans and 3 cherrys.

#3135158 - 01/22/13 07:55 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

Good for you!

You wont know,if you dont go!

#3135203 - 01/22/13 08:19 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Bowdacious]
Snake
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co.Tennessee U.S.

Excellant BD ! Wonder how many innocent babies are killed every year(abortions) ? Wonder why China or any other super power don't want to invade America (citizens armed) ? We have ignorant politicians in office and I stand quoted ! Guns do not kill people , people kill people .

#3135207 - 01/22/13 08:21 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Snake]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
Darn, here I am eating a banada split waiting for the ballgame to start. It has 3 kinds of ice cream, chocolate, caramel and butterscoth strup with whip cream and toped with walnuts and pecans and 3 cherrys.

Shhhhh! The thought will make me gain weight.
 Originally Posted By: Snake
Excellant BD ! Wonder how many innocent babies are killed every year(abortions) ? Wonder why China or any other super power don't want to invade America (citizens armed) ? We have ignorant politicians in office and I stand quoted ! Guns do not kill people , people kill people .

Exactly!

Beware the skillet ---O

#3135415 - 01/22/13 11:01 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Bowdacious]
BigSatt
10 Point

Loc: Northern Middle Tn.

You go girl!

Proud to share the same forum with you!

#3135465 - 01/23/13 03:15 AM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: BigSatt]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

Good post young lady. \:\) I do't worry about offending folks either. Guess I am just too old to care.

One day all of these people that supported killing unborn babies and gay marriages will have to stand before God.

#3135468 - 01/23/13 03:34 AM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Coach]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

Originally Posted By: Coach
They are only open minded about what they want

Yes and they all drink the Cool-Aid when it comes to guns. The liberals are Foolish people if they think their socialist little social club they think they want will be what they want without the Bill of Rights.

#3135477 - 01/23/13 04:15 AM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Locksley]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

I am to the point that I have chosen to be vocal and fight fire with fire. I will use logic and try to stay as calm as possible. I can say that there are a few of my liberal leaning friends and coworkers that have finally started to think a little. That's all I want. I want them to think about what they are supporting and not just listen to the msm or the liberal machine. Listen, learn and understand that the Constitution isn't a suggestion. Each piece is important and should be respected.

Beware the skillet ---O

#3135483 - 01/23/13 05:04 AM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Bowdacious]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Awesome rant Bow! You showed remarkable restraint, considering the level of liberalism that abounds today! Good for you for standing up for OUR rights! ;\) Also reminds me of watching NRA Cam and Co last night when a soldier stood at an apparent democrat meeting on gun violence and spoke something like this:
"Tell me how your first amendment right to stand and speak your peace, that I have went to war for, is any more important than my right to keep and bear arms in the 2nd A?" It was a good show and he totally reamed those libtards.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3135562 - 01/23/13 06:52 AM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: MUP]
woodyard
4 Point

Loc: Dresden,TN

Good job Bow, you said you would use logic. That is the one thing I don't think a liberal can get.
#3135566 - 01/23/13 07:01 AM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Bowdacious]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

See! That's what ticks me off. What does owning a gun have to do with color? Sad part is, that intern, I'm sure, doesn't know the correct definition of racism, either. Why aren't lobotomies performed on crazy people like they used to be? It couldn't make them any dumber.

Actually many gun laws were passed with the blacks in mind. There are some great articles out there about this. You should let her read some of them and tell her to keep her narrow minded prayers to herself. Here is a really good one...

http://www.davekopel.org/2A/Mags/dark-secret-of-jim-crow.html

John 15:13

#3135579 - 01/23/13 07:17 AM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

Loc: Dyersburg,Tn.

I have been pondering the thought of deleting some of my friends as well, but then I think although I don't like what they are saying I do like to know what is going on in their sick little one sided minds.
#3135587 - 01/23/13 07:23 AM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Slaughter-06]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself." -- Harvey Fierstein

#3135713 - 01/23/13 08:47 AM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: BlackBelt]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

I feel fortunate to not be involved in the least in FB, twitter, or any other social sites, except this one of course. ;\)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3135743 - 01/23/13 09:04 AM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
chall
6 Point

Loc: brentwood,tn

Had a "liberal" friend post a message on facebook about a football player who shared his belief that a marriage was between a man and a woman. She went off talking about him spewing vile messages, hate, etc. and called him a homophobe or something like that. I called her on it and asked what made him all those things, just his opinion? She promptly deleted her post. They don't like being called out.
#3135887 - 01/23/13 11:03 AM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: chall]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

I could stoop to nastiness. I can be quite wicked if pushed too far. I won't do it, though. They want us to act as idiotic as they do.
The one that started all my thinking actually took up for me on his page. A friend of his went off on me in a way that had nothing to do with what I said. Simply because I am a conservative female. I was shocked that my liberal acquaintance chewed him a new one for being disrespectful in such a vile manner. Wow. Maybe calm and thoughtful is working. If I can just save one......:)

Beware the skillet ---O

#3136246 - 01/23/13 03:53 PM Re: Probably shouldn't type what I think(long read) [Re: Bowdacious]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

Good post, Bowdacious!

I'm through being quiet about it myself. I've disturbed some of my facebook friends, but I don't care anymore. Screw 'em.

Page all of 5 12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
99 registered (BuckDropper, tarsalgland, volsgo1, LA man, feldmutze, tn308fan, 14 invisible) and 150 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91813 Topics
1073012 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.133 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.