Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#3133031 - 01/21/13 12:37 PM Re: Wal-Mart ammo [Re: RUGER]
gasman
8 Point

Loc: South of the Hatchie

I guess if gas pumps ever got "scarce" I could hide one under my jacket and pay for it at the end of the day..

Hunt Hard. Pray Harder.

#3133062 - 01/21/13 01:08 PM Re: Wal-Mart ammo [Re: gasman]
JRE
4 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

Don't worry. In 6 months when all the panic has subsided the market will be flooded with guns and ammo that people bought but couldn't really afford, and by that time prices will be back down. Bubba will realize he's tired of looking at 100,000 rounds of 22lr in his bathroom tub and decide he needs to pay his bills.
#3133064 - 01/21/13 01:10 PM Re: Wal-Mart ammo [Re: JRE]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

I don't think I could ever get tired of looking at 100,000 rnds of any type ammo.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3133069 - 01/21/13 01:14 PM Re: Wal-Mart ammo [Re: Coach]
laserman
4 Point

Loc: signal mt tennessee

I just bought 10 boxes of American eagle 223 at Walmart for $8.00/ box 10 minutes ago. Don't love Walmart but they seem to have 223 and 9mm when the gun stores don't so that's where I will buy them.

#3133072 - 01/21/13 01:16 PM Re: Wal-Mart ammo [Re: JRE]
gasman
8 Point

Loc: South of the Hatchie

Originally Posted By: JRE
Don't worry. In 6 months when all the panic has subsided the market will be flooded with guns and ammo that people bought but couldn't really afford, and by that time prices will be back down. Bubba will realize he's tired of looking at 100,000 rounds of 22lr in his bathroom tub and decide he needs to pay his bills.
when that time comes.... Tell Bubba to call me. I'll make him a helluva deal \:D

Hunt Hard. Pray Harder.

#3133089 - 01/21/13 01:37 PM Re: Wal-Mart ammo [Re: JRE]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Six months, I wouldn't bet on it. Sales have increased dramatically sine the kenyan took office 4 years ago, and have been increasing ever since.

#3133175 - 01/21/13 02:43 PM Re: Wal-Mart ammo [Re: JRE]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Federal Cartridge Corp has said they are 2 years behind on their orders. And that's if nothing happens.

#3133177 - 01/21/13 02:46 PM Re: Wal-Mart ammo [Re: Wildcat]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

Federal Cartridge Corp has said they are 2 years behind on their orders. And that's if nothing happens.

If that's truly the case there will be a lot of OT and some tooling expansions going on. Doesnt take long to pay for equipment if the demand is truly there.

#3133179 - 01/21/13 02:48 PM Re: Wal-Mart ammo [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
A friend of mine was complaining to me that he just bought a 32 pistol, but couldn't find ammo for it......

he blamed everyone but who is truly to blame.....

The people are buying it so fast the manufacturers can't make it fast enough and with the NRA signing up more than 300,000 new members....well, there's lots of demand for the ammo.

Lots of people making serious money off this whole deal...gun and ammo manufaturers, gun and ammo sellers and of course, the NRA.

I wonder how many congressmen are getting paid to keep this scare going...?

I guess it'll all work out though, since everyone should have enough ammo to last a dozen years or more, so all the restocked ammo and guns may have to sit on the shelves for a while...

Again, some people are making some serious money right now....

I wonder how many congressmen are getting paid to keep this scare going...?

Congressmen??? You mean President Obama.

Obama is the one behind this. Remember last week when he had those 4 kids behind him and he signed his 23 executive actions or have you forgotten that already??? They include pushing Congress to ban the AR's and all high cap mags from all guns.

Yep, your buddy Obama is doing this so he must be the one getting paid.

#3133185 - 01/21/13 02:54 PM Re: Wal-Mart ammo [Re: Kimber45]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat

If that's truly the case there will be a lot of OT and some tooling expansions going on. Doesnt take long to pay for equipment if the demand is truly there.

They are working 8 hour shifts 24/7.

That's just one company, the others are all dong the same.

The problem is they do NOT dare add any more tooling expansions until they know for sure what is going to happen. You own company would not do it either unless they knew is new laws, rules and/or regulations would be coming. No they will not spend any money on new tools and machines just to have to turn them all off if some kind of limits come out like an online ammo sales ban.

Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
26 registered (Yotehntr, grizzlylongcut, JThuntsalot, huntinfirefighter, bigasports, ratsnakeboogy, 4 invisible) and 80 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85216 Topics
1029857 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.228 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.