Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#3131252 - 01/19/13 08:56 PM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: TAFKAP]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

I don't know about every couple of hours. I only eat more than once on weekends. This will be a huge change for me but I will try it. If the weight starts coming back, I will have to revert back to what I do now. :)I refuse to gain all that back. I fought too hard to get rid of it and still have about 15 pounds to lose.

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3131407 - 01/19/13 11:39 PM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: Bowdacious]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

content Online
Didnt read everyone of them but those were some good recomindationts. I sit and listen and take in knowledge about deer hunting on here but this subject has been my life for a long time. For a long time I competed bodybuilding (excuse me if I dont post speedo pics) until right up to my last show I had a injury. Since if have become a father and devote all my time to my family. I still weekly make our diets and workouts for bodybuilders within the southeast and local individuals looking to get fit.

To began with I wont even began to type what all you deprive your body of by not eating. A big concern is the lack of nutrition which will inable the body to fight off normal infection or recover from the ones your body picks up. So many different roles could play a factor for your body to not tell you that its "feeding time". That is not a normal.

So I would suggest first going to your local physician and having a full round blood level check and make sure theres no abnormalities. Then to try to kick it into normal gear get yourself a clensing cycle to flush any unwanted matter from inside out. Most are unknowingly but 30% of american male race live their whole lives with tapeworms given by food. And an average male's intestinal wall contains up to 8-10 lbs of trapped unprocessed digestion inside it. The clensing flushes everything out. Drinks lots of water in this process to help rinse it out. If flavor of water becomes unbearable add crystal light.

Once you cleansed your system you need to purchase MEAL REPLACMENT shakes. Not protien. Theres VERY few protien powders that contain all the sufficient suppliments your body needs. Go to bodybuilding.com and go into store then products and find meal replacements. Prices here are 40% cheaper than any GNC and standard shipping will arrive in less than 24hrs. When it comes to suppliments u kinda think of it as taxidermy work. You get what you pay for. Several companys thats makes good products are BSN, Muscle Tech, EAS. Theres equations for gaining muscle for daily protien intake with is 1.5-1.75 of grams X bodyweight and to maintain is 1gram X bodyweight and to stabilize healthy functions its .70 X bodyweight a day. Yes some of the previous guys are right protien is important, but so are many others as long as santas christmas list. Thats why meal replament shakes are better. When I competed I ate 11 meals a day. I wouldnt expect u to do that or am I asking. You do slow down your metabolic rate with multiple food deprivations.

So lets first get bloodwork while we order meal replacments and clensing system. That sounded like a doc sorry. I can take my info as you please but I had read, studied, and lived this for 15yrs but only practiced for myself 13 of those. It may sound like I brag about this but I know my stuff when it comes to diets and fitness. I have never once accepted a dime from any of my clients I ever had only because I like watching or hearing of their appreciated success.
Please anytime you got a question feel free and shoot me a pm. If nothing else please get around to that blood work. Again this isnt normal. And please let me know what the levels say. Im really wanting to know. Im leaving you like this lile I leave everyone else short. If u want to know what protiens when? carbohydrate intakes should slowley gradual up intil bed time. Good luck and please get back to me if u want to move ahead. Its up to me to encourage but it has to be you who's motivated enough to not give up. I leave u this. That isnt safe. Nice talkin to you.

Anybody else that would like any help im here. P.m me if you have anymore informations. Bottom line no bullshit u need a blood test checked pretty soon. I hope I really good help.
If anyone every need to talk fitness shop me up.

#3131431 - 01/20/13 12:51 AM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: Bowdacious]
BIGB
6 Point

Loc: TN.

no it won't hurt you. People fast all the time.
#3131465 - 01/20/13 06:55 AM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: Bowdacious]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Originally Posted By: Bowdacious
We sell a few kinds at Cvs (can you say discount?). Does it matter what brand of whey protein? Anything in particular I need to look for or avoid?

The best meal replacement I've used is Prolab (comes in chocolate! and other flavors)...the best protein I have used is Beverly International followed closely by GNC. You can buy both online. For my supplements I used Beverly, GNC and bodybuilding.com.

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3131788 - 01/20/13 12:43 PM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: Coach]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

Originally Posted By: Coach
 Originally Posted By: Bowdacious
We sell a few kinds at Cvs (can you say discount?). Does it matter what brand of whey protein? Anything in particular I need to look for or avoid?

The best meal replacement I've used is Prolab (comes in chocolate! and other flavors)...the best protein I have used is Beverly International followed closely by GNC. You can buy both online. For my supplements I used Beverly, GNC and bodybuilding.com.

Thanks Coach.

I appreciate all of the info. I have come to the conclusion that
a)I am not doing my muscles a favor if I don't force some type of nourishment
b)it will be a battle but I have battled to lose 40 pounds and won, I can beat this issue
c) I have an awesome 'family' here with a wealth of information and support.

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3131893 - 01/20/13 03:04 PM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: Bowdacious]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

About 3 years ago, I weighed 236lbs, my personal "highest" weight. I starting doing a lot of working out, and managed to get down to about 215 over an extended period of time.

Back at Thanksgiving of 2011, my weight had crept back up to 220, so I tried the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. Over the next 24 days I dropped 12lbs, but more importantly - I challenged some of the things I had thought about myself and assumed... and set my mind to do better.

So from January to about May of 2012, I worked out 5-7days per week, and quite literally got into the best shape of my life, as well as dropping my weight down to about 205lbs (I'm 6'2" tall, BTW). But despite a well rounded weekly routine of both weight lifting and aerobics, I was unable to push through and start dropping the rest of the belly fat I was struggling with.

I was eating better foods, but I just was not getting the results.

Around may, I was turned on to the http://www.leangains.com website, and realized there really was no sound evidence supprting the "eat smaller meals more often" when compared to a PLANNED fasting/feeding approach. Every study was done when comparing it to people who just *skipped* meals, which is NOT the same.

So I engaged in a fasting/feeding program where I only ate between 11:30am and 6:30pm each day.

Oh, and did I mention I work out from 4:30am-5:30am each morning? I am talking multi-mile treadmill runs, with no food, just addressing amino acid supplements.

I didn't die.

I broke through my weight loss barriers, and was able to drop my weight to 192lbs, all while my bench, squat, and running numbers continued to go up. I told myself I would stop losing weight the second I started seeing it affect my strength (and for me - that is somewhere around 185-190lbs based on what I was seeing).

For me, I found that eating breakfast was really something I only forced myself to do because I was "supposed to". For me, I found that whether I ate breakfast or not - I was still just as hungry come lunch time. That means eating breakfast just meant eating MORE FOOD, with no positive results in weight or strength.

My point is - don't assume the true-isms you have been told your entire life are correct. Get to know your body, do your own research, and apply it accordingly. Good luck \:\)

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Litemup80, five by five, Doe1961, OfficerBuck, rapalabuck
13311 Registered Users
Who's Online
16 registered (wcsd462, Ken45, rabbit hunter, tn droptine, BamaProud, junebugwapiti, 1 invisible) and 57 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13311 Members
42 Forums
94112 Topics
1099528 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.109 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.