Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#3130904 - 01/19/13 04:27 PM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: -DRM-]
eightpointer
14 Point

Loc: Birchwood, TN

If trying to lose fat and you don't eat..your body's metabolism will slow down. It will actually burn muscle and store fat to save for energy. Now obviously if you don't eat to a point where nothing goes in your body for days on end you will lose, but that's quite unhealthy.
#3130922 - 01/19/13 04:46 PM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: eightpointer]
fourwheeler431
14 Point

Loc: Powell

I try to get some kind of protein in me every couple of hours during the day,it may be a cliff bar or a 20-30 gram protein bar,whichever I have at the time. My kids love the blueberry cliff bars so that is normally what I have.

#3131146 - 01/19/13 07:35 PM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: -DRM-]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

content Online
 Originally Posted By: -DRM-
 Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
Your body's metabolism generally goes into "starvation" mode if you haven't eaten in a while. Small, more frequent meals is more appropriate than sporadic large meals.

I challenge you to prove this is scientifically correct.

Do you think our ancestors stopped in their middle of their caveman day and forced themselves to eat a Cliff bar?

I can't point to anything specifically to state my case right now, but numerous articles I've seen from various dieticians and nutritionists seem to substantiate this. And it does go back to our ancestors time.....they tended to eat frequently as they came by food. If it went a while without eating, metabolism would prevent the body from burning stored fat in the event that the next meal was farther away.

#3131252 - 01/19/13 08:56 PM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: TAFKAP]
Bowdacious
16 Point

Loc: over here

I don't know about every couple of hours. I only eat more than once on weekends. This will be a huge change for me but I will try it. If the weight starts coming back, I will have to revert back to what I do now. :)I refuse to gain all that back. I fought too hard to get rid of it and still have about 15 pounds to lose.

Beware the skillet

#3131407 - 01/19/13 11:39 PM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: Bowdacious]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

content Online
Didnt read everyone of them but those were some good recomindationts. I sit and listen and take in knowledge about deer hunting on here but this subject has been my life for a long time. For a long time I competed bodybuilding (excuse me if I dont post speedo pics) until right up to my last show I had a injury. Since if have become a father and devote all my time to my family. I still weekly make our diets and workouts for bodybuilders within the southeast and local individuals looking to get fit.

To began with I wont even began to type what all you deprive your body of by not eating. A big concern is the lack of nutrition which will inable the body to fight off normal infection or recover from the ones your body picks up. So many different roles could play a factor for your body to not tell you that its "feeding time". That is not a normal.

So I would suggest first going to your local physician and having a full round blood level check and make sure theres no abnormalities. Then to try to kick it into normal gear get yourself a clensing cycle to flush any unwanted matter from inside out. Most are unknowingly but 30% of american male race live their whole lives with tapeworms given by food. And an average male's intestinal wall contains up to 8-10 lbs of trapped unprocessed digestion inside it. The clensing flushes everything out. Drinks lots of water in this process to help rinse it out. If flavor of water becomes unbearable add crystal light.

Once you cleansed your system you need to purchase MEAL REPLACMENT shakes. Not protien. Theres VERY few protien powders that contain all the sufficient suppliments your body needs. Go to bodybuilding.com and go into store then products and find meal replacements. Prices here are 40% cheaper than any GNC and standard shipping will arrive in less than 24hrs. When it comes to suppliments u kinda think of it as taxidermy work. You get what you pay for. Several companys thats makes good products are BSN, Muscle Tech, EAS. Theres equations for gaining muscle for daily protien intake with is 1.5-1.75 of grams X bodyweight and to maintain is 1gram X bodyweight and to stabilize healthy functions its .70 X bodyweight a day. Yes some of the previous guys are right protien is important, but so are many others as long as santas christmas list. Thats why meal replament shakes are better. When I competed I ate 11 meals a day. I wouldnt expect u to do that or am I asking. You do slow down your metabolic rate with multiple food deprivations.

So lets first get bloodwork while we order meal replacments and clensing system. That sounded like a doc sorry. I can take my info as you please but I had read, studied, and lived this for 15yrs but only practiced for myself 13 of those. It may sound like I brag about this but I know my stuff when it comes to diets and fitness. I have never once accepted a dime from any of my clients I ever had only because I like watching or hearing of their appreciated success.
Please anytime you got a question feel free and shoot me a pm. If nothing else please get around to that blood work. Again this isnt normal. And please let me know what the levels say. Im really wanting to know. Im leaving you like this lile I leave everyone else short. If u want to know what protiens when? carbohydrate intakes should slowley gradual up intil bed time. Good luck and please get back to me if u want to move ahead. Its up to me to encourage but it has to be you who's motivated enough to not give up. I leave u this. That isnt safe. Nice talkin to you.

Anybody else that would like any help im here. P.m me if you have anymore informations. Bottom line no bullshit u need a blood test checked pretty soon. I hope I really good help.
If anyone every need to talk fitness shop me up.

#3131425 - 01/20/13 12:15 AM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: Kimber45]
RutMan
16 Point

Loc: Atoka ,TN - USA

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
 Originally Posted By: RutMan
 Originally Posted By: Bowdacious
Thanks Coach. I do take calcium and d3 and another supplement. I will go see what GNC has. Maybe a protein shake will be tolerable on the days I don't want food. Too bad it's not every day. Lol Some days I feel like I'm gonna starve. Chocolate cures that. \:D

RutMan- I take an xmam each day around 9 or so.

I'd try Super Mix, you'll get all the real nutrients and vitamins needed daily that your body can/will absorb.

I think the supermix would be great but unless i read it wrong it would not meet your needs as a protein replacement. Supermix has 1 gram of protein - we are suppose to get between 10 and 35% of our daily calories from protein so going without eating and only adding supermix would not solve the issue at hand.

Read up on you protein intake Bow'd... Getting too little protein can be dangerous and can happen before you know it when your appetite is not present. Protein is really easy to get, whether from food or from shakes and its critical to your well being.

You should not go without eating. SuperMix has everything your body needs daily.

I believe in love....even when I don't feel it

I believe in GOD....even when HE is silent

#3131427 - 01/20/13 12:27 AM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: RutMan]
RutMan
16 Point

Loc: Atoka ,TN - USA

You can also get the cleansing tea and meal replacement shakes through the same company.

I believe in love....even when I don't feel it

I believe in GOD....even when HE is silent

#3131431 - 01/20/13 12:51 AM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: Bowdacious]
BIGB
6 Point

Loc: TN.

no it won't hurt you. People fast all the time.
#3131465 - 01/20/13 06:55 AM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: Bowdacious]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

We sell a few kinds at Cvs (can you say discount?). Does it matter what brand of whey protein? Anything in particular I need to look for or avoid?

The best meal replacement I've used is Prolab (comes in chocolate! and other flavors)...the best protein I have used is Beverly International followed closely by GNC. You can buy both online. For my supplements I used Beverly, GNC and bodybuilding.com.

Eventus stultorum magister

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3131788 - 01/20/13 12:43 PM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: Coach]
Bowdacious
16 Point

Loc: over here

Originally Posted By: Coach
We sell a few kinds at Cvs (can you say discount?). Does it matter what brand of whey protein? Anything in particular I need to look for or avoid?

The best meal replacement I've used is Prolab (comes in chocolate! and other flavors)...the best protein I have used is Beverly International followed closely by GNC. You can buy both online. For my supplements I used Beverly, GNC and bodybuilding.com.

Thanks Coach.

I appreciate all of the info. I have come to the conclusion that
a)I am not doing my muscles a favor if I don't force some type of nourishment
b)it will be a battle but I have battled to lose 40 pounds and won, I can beat this issue
c) I have an awesome 'family' here with a wealth of information and support.

Beware the skillet

Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Afleming17, 260rem, Hunter244, Woodsmaster, Tennessee Skeeter
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
119 registered (Master Chief, oldmanelrod, MattR, cbhunter, Cooter, Bullfrog, 16 invisible) and 174 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
85103 Topics
1028386 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.221 seconds in which 0.013 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.