Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3130205 - 01/18/13 09:14 PM Re: Wal Mart, why realy care. [Re: FOX FIRE]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

Loc: Andersonville, TN

You guys think to small scale.

If the Emperor can get Wally World to stop selling, other stores will follow.

Next step: outlaw Internet sales.

Then they just have to REGULATE the small shops to point they can't sell anymore.

I don't particularly like WalMart, but if they stop selling guns and ammo I see that as a VERY bad thing.

#3130217 - 01/18/13 09:23 PM Re: Wal Mart, why realy care. [Re: FOX FIRE]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Right now they say Wal-Mart is not doing this on their own and it's just supply.

That being aside back to your question.

Two reasons why we should care.

Number one. If Obama or any other president trys to force Wal-Mart and any other business to do something they do not want to do and Wal-Mart gives in then what are the other business going to do in their turn. Never think they will stop with Wal-Mart. ALWAYS knock the top dog down and the rest will be easy as pie.

Number two. Like it or not but Wal_mart HAS kept the prices low all across the country. Wal-Mart does not always have the lowest prices on everything but it's prices are very hard to beat on 90% of what it sells. This forces other stores to keep their prices low. Think of this, this is just a simple example using made up round numbers to make a point. Say Wal-Mart sells their CCI Mini-mags for $5 a box of 50, down the XYZ store sells the same box for $15. How long do you think they can keep that up?? They can't, they either come down to close to Wal-Marts price or go out of business.

Now I was NOT talking about today and the mad rush to buy guns and ammo but over the last 25 years.

#3130464 - 01/19/13 07:55 AM Re: Wal Mart, why realy care. [Re: ratsnakeboogy]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: ratsnakeboogy
You guys think to small scale.

If the Emperor can get Wally World to stop selling, other stores will follow.

Next step: outlaw Internet sales.

Then they just have to REGULATE the small shops to point they can't sell anymore.

I don't particularly like WalMart, but if they stop selling guns and ammo I see that as a VERY bad thing.

Exactly, If a powerhouse like Walmart can be pressured to stop selling, the smaller stores can eventually be regulated, taxed, threatened, out of business.

#3130501 - 01/19/13 08:45 AM Re: Wal Mart, why realy care. [Re: FOX FIRE]
Kirk Moderator
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

Walmart is the one of the few companies that has the resources to fight the Government and win. A decision by Walmart to stop selling firearms and ammunition is a huge blow to the other companies that sell firearms and ammo.

How big is Walmart? (From their website)

Quote:
Today, Walmart operates more than 10,000 retail units under 69 banners in 27 countries. In the US it has 3,981 stores under the Walmart name and 690 under the Sam's Club name.

With fiscal year 2012 sales of approximately $444 billion, Walmart employs 2.2 million associates worldwide.

Quote:
From Freedom Arms Financial Report

Our sales to Wal-Mart are generally not governed by a written long-term contract between the parties. In the event that Wal-Mart were to significantly reduce or terminate its purchases of firearms, ammunition and/or other products from us, our financial condition or results of operations and cash flows could be adversely affected.

My point to this post: Walmart is more than just a discount bargain chain when you look at the big picture.It is a major player in the US firearms industry. Walmart accounts for nearly 20% of the Firearm and ammunition sales in the United States.

#3130885 - 01/19/13 04:07 PM Re: Wal Mart, why realy care. [Re: Kirk]
FOX FIRE
8 Point

Loc: Mt. Eagle

Great post guys, plenty of food for thought.

#3131276 - 01/19/13 09:17 PM Re: Wal Mart, why realy care. [Re: FOX FIRE]
shopson
10 Point

Loc: Greeneville

While I don't do a lot of shooting, I think every box of factory load ammo from shotgun to pistol, at my house has come from wal mart. I have no problem buying from them...when I can get it.
#3131717 - 01/20/13 11:12 AM Re: Wal Mart, why realy care. [Re: shopson]
TNhunter
TnDeer Old Timer
10 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN, Rutherford

Because a box of 500 rounds 22lr at Walmart still costs just shy of $20 if they have any and our illustrious local gun shops are raping and pillaging at $60 for 500 rounds. That's why LGS don't get my business. If they are competitive on a product I want I'll buy it otherwise they are my showroom and I spend my hard earned $$ where I get my best value.

"If there is unrest, the government will seize all the registered guns."

"You need guns and ammo first then everything else."

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Fish N Hunt, bowednlazy, ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger
13295 Registered Users
Who's Online
101 registered (Kingston, ProRock, Brisco Darlin, TheRealSpurhunter, slagtown_dfa, GFY, 15 invisible) and 152 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13295 Members
42 Forums
85628 Topics
1034702 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.223 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.