Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 10 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#3131200 - 01/19/13 08:13 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Nimrod777]
Nyper
16 Point

Loc: Lebanon

content Online
Not something I've seen.. but heard...

About 9-10 years ago.. I guess I was 22 or 23... I had been bow hunting a farm down in Mississippi. One evening, a friend of mine wanted to go with me, but he didn't bow hunt. I hadn't been seeing anything anyway, so I didn't mind the company. We both had climbing stands. He actually climbed a tree about 15 yards from me to just "watch".

We didn't see anything... and when it got dark we started to climb down. We actually sat there past legal shooting light.. it was pitch dark when we were coming down. I got turned around in my climber and got about 4 feet down the tree. I heard something rustling in the leaves and thought it was him. I look over, and he's in his climber still too. We are both facing the same direction.. the sound is behind us and we can't see.

All the sudden we heard the most God-awful screaming sound I have ever heard. I honestly thought there was a little girl there screaming. It was LOUD. It seemed like something was 10 ft from us... It lasted about 1-2 seconds and stopped. Scared the absolutely crap out of the both of us. Then it happened again.. some more rustling in the leaves.. then we never heard a single other thing.

If I had to guess, I would say it was a drunk bobcat. It freaked us both out pretty bad.

#3131209 - 01/19/13 08:23 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Nyper]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Originally Posted By: Nyper
Not something I've seen.. but heard...

About 9-10 years ago.. I guess I was 22 or 23... I had been bow hunting a farm down in Mississippi. One evening, a friend of mine wanted to go with me, but he didn't bow hunt. I hadn't been seeing anything anyway, so I didn't mind the company. We both had climbing stands. He actually climbed a tree about 15 yards from me to just "watch".

We didn't see anything... and when it got dark we started to climb down. We actually sat there past legal shooting light.. it was pitch dark when we were coming down. I got turned around in my climber and got about 4 feet down the tree. I heard something rustling in the leaves and thought it was him. I look over, and he's in his climber still too. We are both facing the same direction.. the sound is behind us and we can't see.

All the sudden we heard the most God-awful screaming sound I have ever heard. I honestly thought there was a little girl there screaming. It was LOUD. It seemed like something was 10 ft from us... It lasted about 1-2 seconds and stopped. Scared the absolutely crap out of the both of us. Then it happened again.. some more rustling in the leaves.. then we never heard a single other thing.

If I had to guess, I would say it was a drunk bobcat. It freaked us both out pretty bad.

rutting fox

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3131237 - 01/19/13 08:38 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: stik]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

Panama City about 15 years ago. I was fishing a public pier on the Grand Lagoon. A Pelican had flown over and was trying to beg fish. I guess the locals had been feeding it. This big Pelican was sitting on a post about 12 feet away from us. We would catch a small fish and toss it on the dock and it would fly over and get it.

I had a bite and reeled it in and it was a Blue Crab. You don't really hook Crabs they just grab on and ride the line back in. Once they get out of the water they will let go and walk back off the edge of the dock to freedom.

Anyway.....I reel the crab in. Without thinking I let the crab down on the dock and it lets go with it's claw and starts his walk to freedom. The big Pelican swoops in gulps the crab before it hits the water. The Pelican flies out over the Lagoon and you can see him open his beak and out comes the crab. The crab falls for about 50 feet and hits the water with a big splash. The Pelican keeps flying off and we don't see him again.

#3131240 - 01/19/13 08:42 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: TeamMainStreet]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Buddy of mine were fishing in Mount Juliet and we were actually done and heading out right at dusk. we saw what we thought was a falling star and simultaneously said falling star. However as the star streaked towards the ground it decided to stop in mid air and go back up in a zig azg pattern. we ran like.....

no drugs or alcohol were involved.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3131274 - 01/19/13 09:15 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Bone Collector]
diamond hunter
6 Point

Loc: Goodlettsville Tennessee USA

Our current president of the United States.

#3131298 - 01/19/13 09:33 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: diamond hunter]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Loc: Jackson Co. TN

This deer season, I was walking to my spot one morning, and all of a sudden I had a doe run towards me (while holding my gun), it ran probably 6 yards in front of me, so I thought, well that's weird and that deer won't be killed but when I walked by (well probably 20 yards away) a brair patch with a big oak tree in the middle of it, I heard a low growl, and the thicket started to shake and even a few limbs of the tree....needless to say, the gun was suddenly lifted and in that direction, but I never saw anything...mainly cause I just kept walking lol

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody"

#3131324 - 01/19/13 10:00 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Outdoor life]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Friend of mine in college had a glass eye. He would take his keys out and scratch the glass eye with them to mess with people. It worked.

#3131326 - 01/19/13 10:05 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: diamond hunter]
dralarms
6 Point

Loc: athens, tn

Did ya ever notice that he looks like Alfred P. Newman ? And for you younger folks, go get a mad magazine.
#3131337 - 01/19/13 10:12 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: AndyW]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

content Online
^^^ Reminds me ...... i was playing in a poker game one night and a guy at the table ( after a few hour of playing ) pulls his glass eye out, threw it on the table and tells the guy next to me " I got my eye on you buddy " Needless to say everyone at the table laughed till half of us were crying LOL

Μολων λαβε

#3131338 - 01/19/13 10:13 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Rob R.]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Rob R.
 Originally Posted By: SES
In all seriousness, I have seen and heard some awesome things that 99% of people would say I never heard or saw. I'll make a very long story, very short. I was lost at Royal Blue at night by myself. I was 20-ish. My mom and dad knew that I was going up there. When my employer called at 9:00pm and asked where I was, they knew I must be lost. My dad prayed for angels to surround and protect me. I had a dozen or so pastel colored balls of light, come up the ridge towards me. They circled around me and then went single file away from me through the woods. The lights led me to safety. I'll give the full story, by request, around a campfire sometime. Tearing up just thinking about it.

Sign me up for the campfire SES! I would love to hear the whole story!

Same here!

Page 5 of 10 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO, Bnpainter
13382 Registered Users
Who's Online
141 registered (KyRick, -DRM-, Rubberduck270, TN_Greenhead, Sting, bowfisher87, 22 invisible) and 161 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13382 Members
42 Forums
95648 Topics
1119416 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.051 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.