Tndeer Logo

Page all of 10 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3130674 - 01/19/13 11:29 AM What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen??
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

I got this idea from another site.. pretty good read.. this didnt happen to me but to my dad.. He said he has never told anyone so keep it quiet..lol..
When my dad was about 10..probably 1948 or so.. he and his uncle were squirrel hunting.. all of a sudden they heard the strangest sound coming towards them.. out of the blue came hundreds and hundreds of squirrels.. they were in total shock.. they never moved and stood there in amazement.. his uncle told him not to tell anyone..which he didnt until he told me 60 years later.. it was a great squirrel migration..
a couple of years later a guy in the community here called the local photographer to his house one night.. it was raining frogs.. they were all over his yard and had his picture took with them on the hood of his car.. this was in the 50's.. a couple of years later during a torrential down pour my dad was driving down the road about a mile from the guys house.. all of a sudden frogs started falling from the sky and covered my dads car...

#3130683 - 01/19/13 11:38 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: ]
SES
8 Point

Loc: Corryton, Tn

I took LSD one time. I saw all kinds of stange things. I think I was the only one around seeing them though.
#3130693 - 01/19/13 11:43 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: SES]
TRIGGER
Michael Waddell stunt double
10 Point

Loc: Cunningham TN

I have told my story here once and was called the "village idiot". Lol
#3130699 - 01/19/13 11:53 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: TRIGGER]
SES
8 Point

In all seriousness, I have seen and heard some awesome things that 99% of people would say I never heard or saw. I'll make a very long story, very short. I was lost at Royal Blue at night by myself. I was 20-ish. My mom and dad knew that I was going up there. When my employer called at 9:00pm and asked where I was, they knew I must be lost. My dad prayed for angels to surround and protect me. I had a dozen or so pastel colored balls of light, come up the ridge towards me. They circled around me and then went single file away from me through the woods. The lights led me to safety. I'll give the full story, by request, around a campfire sometime. Tearing up just thinking about it.
#3130705 - 01/19/13 12:04 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: SES]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

Originally Posted By: SES
My mom and dad knew that I was going up there. When my employer called at 9:00pm and asked where I was, they knew I must be lost. My dad prayed for angels to surround and protect me. I had a dozen or so pastel colored balls of light, come up the ridge towards me. They circled around me and then went single file away from me through the woods. The lights led me to safety.

Wow!!! Amazing. If your father is still living, please tell him to keep ol' farmin68 in his prayers! He definitely seems to be in touch.

#3130707 - 01/19/13 12:05 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: SES]
Rob R.
12 Point

Loc: Collierville TN.

In all seriousness, I have seen and heard some awesome things that 99% of people would say I never heard or saw. I'll make a very long story, very short. I was lost at Royal Blue at night by myself. I was 20-ish. My mom and dad knew that I was going up there. When my employer called at 9:00pm and asked where I was, they knew I must be lost. My dad prayed for angels to surround and protect me. I had a dozen or so pastel colored balls of light, come up the ridge towards me. They circled around me and then went single file away from me through the woods. The lights led me to safety. I'll give the full story, by request, around a campfire sometime. Tearing up just thinking about it.

Sign me up for the campfire SES! I would love to hear the whole story!

Patron Member of the National Rifle Association Of America

#3130709 - 01/19/13 12:06 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: SES]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

A black colored kitty that weighed somewhere around 40-50 pounds... But according to people who haven't seen one, they don't exist.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3130710 - 01/19/13 12:07 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: farmin68]
SES
8 Point

Originally Posted By: farmin68
My mom and dad knew that I was going up there. When my employer called at 9:00pm and asked where I was, they knew I must be lost. My dad prayed for angels to surround and protect me. I had a dozen or so pastel colored balls of light, come up the ridge towards me. They circled around me and then went single file away from me through the woods. The lights led me to safety.

Wow!!! Amazing. If your father is still living, please tell him to keep ol' farmin68 in his prayers! He definitely seems to be in touch.
He is and I will.

#3130714 - 01/19/13 12:10 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: SES]
Woodson223
8 Point

Loc: tn

TNdeer.com
#3130715 - 01/19/13 12:15 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Woodson223]
farmin68
16 Point

I once saw a pic of Deer Assassin and it looked like he was on the verge of smiling.

#3130718 - 01/19/13 12:22 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: SES]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

When I was about 16, we were squirrel hunting in Powell-Knox county, and crossed a field near the foot of a steep ridge. About a 100 yards ahead of us a large, tan colored animal, with a long tail ran out a thicket, and up a logging road. To this day, I believe it looked like a mountain lion, and we all saw it for several seconds. That was more than 40 years ago.

#3130725 - 01/19/13 12:32 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: dr]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

When I was in the Navy our ship went to Thailand a few times. I saw women do things that I can't mention in this forum. I'll leave it at that...

#3130784 - 01/19/13 01:54 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Vermin93]
TNtrapper
Good ol' Boys
6 Point

Loc: Henry co.

^^^
Now thats funny!! \:D

#3130785 - 01/19/13 01:55 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: pressfit]
Rockhound
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co. TN

Originally Posted By: pressfit
I got this idea from another site.. pretty good read.. this didnt happen to me but to my dad.. He said he has never told anyone so keep it quiet..lol..
When my dad was about 10..probably 1948 or so.. he and his uncle were squirrel hunting.. all of a sudden they heard the strangest sound coming towards them.. out of the blue came hundreds and hundreds of squirrels.. they were in total shock.. they never moved and stood there in amazement.. his uncle told him not to tell anyone..which he didnt until he told me 60 years later.. it was a great squirrel migration..
a couple of years later a guy in the community here called the local photographer to his house one night.. it was raining frogs.. they were all over his yard and had his picture took with them on the hood of his car.. this was in the 50's.. a couple of years later during a torrential down pour my dad was driving down the road about a mile from the guys house.. all of a sudden frogs started falling from the sky and covered my dads car...

I live in Lawrence co. And my grandpa told me about it raining frogs twice, he also haid it rained minnows once to!
Isaiah 40:31.... Those who wait upon The Lord .....shall renew there strength ......

#3130789 - 01/19/13 01:58 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: SES]
Happy Birthday in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

I took LSD one time. I saw all kinds of stange things. I think I was the only one around seeing them though.

\:D \:D \:D

Μολων λαβε

#3130796 - 01/19/13 02:03 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Rebel]
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Rebel
A black colored kitty that weighed somewhere around 40-50 pounds... But according to people who haven't seen one, they don't exist.

^^^ This is one that I have seen..... recently

Μολων λαβε

#3130805 - 01/19/13 02:10 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: pressfit]
jos3ywales
14 Point

Loc: Norris Dam

I seen a man in a wheelchair flying through a fence row on a unicorn rolling down down down the hill untill his paints were around his ankles and the unicorn picked him up and scooped him and flew him off to the great beyond but I drank alot back then too \:D \:D \:D

"Let God in he will save you all you have to do is ask"

"I'm a legend in my own mind"

Jos3ywales

#3130807 - 01/19/13 02:17 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: farmin68]
plinker22
16 Point

Loc: Mountians of East Tennessee

...please tell him to keep ol' farmin68 in his prayers! He definitely seems to be in touch.

Great story. Ol'plink appreciates prayers. I would be honored to have your Daddy remember me as well.

The campfire story would be wonderful as well.

#3130811 - 01/19/13 02:25 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: plinker22]
14 Point

My wife could sure use his prayers, and I would love to hear the campfire story.

Μολων λαβε

#3130821 - 01/19/13 02:36 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: in the dog house!]
SES
8 Point

Originally Posted By: in the dog house!
My wife could sure use his prayers, and I would love to hear the campfire story.
My dad snoops around on here every now and then and I'm sure he'll see this thread.

#3130838 - 01/19/13 02:53 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: SES]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

My junior year in high school, a friend and decided we didn't want to stay all day and left. It was Halloween and we went riding around. We ended up riding thru the park at the dam. There is a circle/ turnaround by one of the sheds that has several concrete posts around it. Sitting on 6 of the posts was a black cat. I was not amused and insisted that we get our butts back to school. I wish I could say I was on something but I wasnt. It's still gives me the willies.

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3130841 - 01/19/13 02:57 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Bowdacious]
chunkandwind
8 Point

Loc: mckenzie,tn

People at the gun show today in Jackson paying the prices on ammo and evil black guns.

Keep calm and brew beer.
Grow Organic! I can show you how.

#3130843 - 01/19/13 02:58 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Rob R.]
eastTN270
6 Point

Loc: Morristown

Originally Posted By: Rob R.

x2

Vegetables are NOT food, vegetables are what FOOD eats.

#3130952 - 01/19/13 05:17 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: eastTN270]
Twinshooter
10 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN. USA

Went to a hunting show in Memphis a few years back, Saw BigGun, CBU93, and get this RUGER with a shirt on that had sleeves!! Yes I did.

Puppet Boy G8rntn is bought and paid for!!

#3130954 - 01/19/13 05:21 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: eastTN270]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

I was bass fishing one night on Cherokee Lake when I was in my mid-twenties. About 4:00 am, I looked up and saw something moving very slowly threw the sky flying from West to East. It had green light all around it. It was flying so low, it was moving around to miss tall tree tops. I thought, man that plan is flying very low. I then realized it had not made a sound and was not a plane!I still think about that night anytime I am out fishing at night.

And no, I was not drinking or using drugs.

Edited by GRAMPS (01/19/13 05:24 PM)

#3130965 - 01/19/13 05:29 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: GRAMPS]
jameseboy
8 Point

Loc: Germantown, TN

Was at a camp in Florida one night and went down by the swimming area. Shined a light out and musta been 20 alligators..their eyes shine almost like little round taillights when the light hits em..suppose to be a foot long for every inch between the eyes and if so there were some darn big ones. Dunno if it qualifies for strange but it gave me the willies.
#3131005 - 01/19/13 06:15 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: jameseboy]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

a powder blue sex toy in the clinch river

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3131013 - 01/19/13 06:22 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: GRAMPS]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

Originally Posted By: GRAMPS
I was bass fishing one night on Cherokee Lake when I was in my mid-twenties. About 4:00 am, I looked up and saw something moving very slowly threw the sky flying from West to East. It had green light all around it. It was flying so low, it was moving around to miss tall tree tops. I thought, man that plan is flying very low. I then realized it had not made a sound and was not a plane!I still think about that night anytime I am out fishing at night.

I was fishing with a buddy from work at Cherokee around a place they call Eagle Eye, you may know it. A storm blew up and as we were fishing we began to hear this funny noise. After a while my buddy says listen to this. He brings his rod up past my head and I could hear it. His line was in the water and you could hear it sizzle and pop at the end of his rod. Needless to say we left a rooster tail all the way back to the truck.

Dont tread on me

#3131017 - 01/19/13 06:23 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: stik]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Originally Posted By: stik

I found some bikini bottoms hanging on a limb at the top of a ridge while turkey hunting one day.

Dont tread on me

#3131018 - 01/19/13 06:23 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: stik]
jos3ywales
14 Point

Loc: Norris Dam

so thats were that got too \:D

"Let God in he will save you all you have to do is ask"

"I'm a legend in my own mind"

Jos3ywales

#3131020 - 01/19/13 06:24 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: TeamMainStreet]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

I also watched a Sqautch help birth a litter of black panthers one evening.

Dont tread on me

#3131021 - 01/19/13 06:25 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: jos3ywales]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Originally Posted By: jos3ywales

I wouldn't have told that. \:D

Dont tread on me

#3131030 - 01/19/13 06:28 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: jos3ywales]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Originally Posted By: jos3ywales

if i had known it was yours, i woulda "rescued" it for you \:D

#3131034 - 01/19/13 06:32 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: farmin68]
7mm08
12 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

I once saw a pic of Deer Assassin and it looked like he was on the verge of smiling.

Please don't wrtie stuff like this again, I will ruin another keyboard spilling coffee on it, as I was laughing so hard! Good one!

#3131036 - 01/19/13 06:33 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Twinshooter]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Twinshooter
Went to a hunting show in Memphis a few years back, Saw BigGun, CBU93, and get this RUGER with a shirt on that had sleeves!! Yes I did.

LOL you ain't right man. \:D

#3131065 - 01/19/13 06:49 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: RUGER]
fourwheeler431
14 Point

Loc: Powell

Originally Posted By: RUGER
 Originally Posted By: Twinshooter

LOL you ain't right man. \:D

No pics then it didn't happen! \:D

#3131143 - 01/19/13 07:34 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: fourwheeler431]
Food Plot 101
8 Point

Loc: Goodlettsville,TN USA

I was swimming in Old hickory about 25 years ago near the dam. I had been seeing quite a few rescue boats in the vicinity so we figured they were looking for a body. Sure enough, not 30 or 40 yards away they fished a stiff one up out of the water, trying to hide it from the hundreds of folks swimming out there. It was sad, but also creepy at the same time. One more story. Around the same time, same swimming place, I heard a child screaming in the shallow water and immediately went over to aid him. His mama wasn't that far away. I figured he'd stepped on a glass bottle and got cut. What i saw freaked me out. When I saw his hand I about threw up. He had gotten gigged in the hand,through and through, by a very decayed and dead catfish. IT was the nastiest, stinkiest thing. Well, mom had no idea about the barbs, so I had to grab the stinkin' fish, break off the barb and pull it from the poor childs hand. I'm sure that hurt a bunch. Hope she took him to ER.
#3131171 - 01/19/13 07:50 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: TeamMainStreet]
Nimrod777
Non-Typical

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Originally Posted By: TeamMainStreet
I also watched a Sqautch help birth a litter of black panthers one evening.

This I can believe.

The DA thing about the smile, that's a load of K-rap.

#3131186 - 01/19/13 08:03 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Woodson223]
Nitro
Spike

Loc: dunlap, tn

I saw a squirrel migration in the late 90's while fishing the white river in Arkansas. Squirrels everywhere swimming across the river and all over the roads. It waz crazy. They didn't seem to be going in any certain direction but there were thousands of them all over the place. We would hang the net over the side of the boat and they would swim to it and just hang on and rest.
#3131197 - 01/19/13 08:11 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Nitro]
huntintn
8 Point

Loc: savannah,TN

Originally Posted By: Nitro
I saw a squirrel migration in the late 90's while fishing the white river in Arkansas. Squirrels everywhere swimming across the river and all over the roads. It waz crazy. They didn't seem to be going in any certain direction but there were thousands of them all over the place. We would hang the net over the side of the boat and they would swim to it and just hang on and rest.
I seen this as well, was fishing at Calico Rock. Use to go every year our wallboard supplier carried us every year.

#3131200 - 01/19/13 08:13 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Nimrod777]
Nyper
16 Point

Loc: Lebanon

Not something I've seen.. but heard...

About 9-10 years ago.. I guess I was 22 or 23... I had been bow hunting a farm down in Mississippi. One evening, a friend of mine wanted to go with me, but he didn't bow hunt. I hadn't been seeing anything anyway, so I didn't mind the company. We both had climbing stands. He actually climbed a tree about 15 yards from me to just "watch".

We didn't see anything... and when it got dark we started to climb down. We actually sat there past legal shooting light.. it was pitch dark when we were coming down. I got turned around in my climber and got about 4 feet down the tree. I heard something rustling in the leaves and thought it was him. I look over, and he's in his climber still too. We are both facing the same direction.. the sound is behind us and we can't see.

All the sudden we heard the most God-awful screaming sound I have ever heard. I honestly thought there was a little girl there screaming. It was LOUD. It seemed like something was 10 ft from us... It lasted about 1-2 seconds and stopped. Scared the absolutely crap out of the both of us. Then it happened again.. some more rustling in the leaves.. then we never heard a single other thing.

If I had to guess, I would say it was a drunk bobcat. It freaked us both out pretty bad.

#3131209 - 01/19/13 08:23 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Nyper]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Originally Posted By: Nyper

About 9-10 years ago.. I guess I was 22 or 23... I had been bow hunting a farm down in Mississippi. One evening, a friend of mine wanted to go with me, but he didn't bow hunt. I hadn't been seeing anything anyway, so I didn't mind the company. We both had climbing stands. He actually climbed a tree about 15 yards from me to just "watch".

We didn't see anything... and when it got dark we started to climb down. We actually sat there past legal shooting light.. it was pitch dark when we were coming down. I got turned around in my climber and got about 4 feet down the tree. I heard something rustling in the leaves and thought it was him. I look over, and he's in his climber still too. We are both facing the same direction.. the sound is behind us and we can't see.

All the sudden we heard the most God-awful screaming sound I have ever heard. I honestly thought there was a little girl there screaming. It was LOUD. It seemed like something was 10 ft from us... It lasted about 1-2 seconds and stopped. Scared the absolutely crap out of the both of us. Then it happened again.. some more rustling in the leaves.. then we never heard a single other thing.

If I had to guess, I would say it was a drunk bobcat. It freaked us both out pretty bad.

rutting fox

#3131237 - 01/19/13 08:38 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: stik]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

Panama City about 15 years ago. I was fishing a public pier on the Grand Lagoon. A Pelican had flown over and was trying to beg fish. I guess the locals had been feeding it. This big Pelican was sitting on a post about 12 feet away from us. We would catch a small fish and toss it on the dock and it would fly over and get it.

I had a bite and reeled it in and it was a Blue Crab. You don't really hook Crabs they just grab on and ride the line back in. Once they get out of the water they will let go and walk back off the edge of the dock to freedom.

Anyway.....I reel the crab in. Without thinking I let the crab down on the dock and it lets go with it's claw and starts his walk to freedom. The big Pelican swoops in gulps the crab before it hits the water. The Pelican flies out over the Lagoon and you can see him open his beak and out comes the crab. The crab falls for about 50 feet and hits the water with a big splash. The Pelican keeps flying off and we don't see him again.

#3131240 - 01/19/13 08:42 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: TeamMainStreet]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Buddy of mine were fishing in Mount Juliet and we were actually done and heading out right at dusk. we saw what we thought was a falling star and simultaneously said falling star. However as the star streaked towards the ground it decided to stop in mid air and go back up in a zig azg pattern. we ran like.....

no drugs or alcohol were involved.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3131274 - 01/19/13 09:15 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Bone Collector]
diamond hunter
6 Point

Loc: Goodlettsville Tennessee USA

Our current president of the United States.

#3131298 - 01/19/13 09:33 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: diamond hunter]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Loc: Jackson Co. TN

This deer season, I was walking to my spot one morning, and all of a sudden I had a doe run towards me (while holding my gun), it ran probably 6 yards in front of me, so I thought, well that's weird and that deer won't be killed but when I walked by (well probably 20 yards away) a brair patch with a big oak tree in the middle of it, I heard a low growl, and the thicket started to shake and even a few limbs of the tree....needless to say, the gun was suddenly lifted and in that direction, but I never saw anything...mainly cause I just kept walking lol

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody"

#3131324 - 01/19/13 10:00 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Outdoor life]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

content Online
Friend of mine in college had a glass eye. He would take his keys out and scratch the glass eye with them to mess with people. It worked.

#3131326 - 01/19/13 10:05 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: diamond hunter]
dralarms
6 Point

Loc: athens, tn

Did ya ever notice that he looks like Alfred P. Newman ? And for you younger folks, go get a mad magazine.
#3131337 - 01/19/13 10:12 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: AndyW]
14 Point

^^^ Reminds me ...... i was playing in a poker game one night and a guy at the table ( after a few hour of playing ) pulls his glass eye out, threw it on the table and tells the guy next to me " I got my eye on you buddy " Needless to say everyone at the table laughed till half of us were crying LOL

Μολων λαβε

#3131338 - 01/19/13 10:13 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Rob R.]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Rob R.

Same here!

#3131341 - 01/19/13 10:15 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: in the dog house!]
huntintn
8 Point

Loc: savannah,TN

Originally Posted By: in the dog house!
^^^ Reminds me ...... i was playing in a poker game one night and a guy at the table ( after a few hour of playing ) pulls his glass eye out, threw it on the table and tells the guy next to me " I got my eye on you buddy " Needless to say everyone at the table laughed till half of us were crying LOL
Got a cousin that does this, my granddaughters scared to death of him.

#3131343 - 01/19/13 10:17 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Kimber45]
Chaneylake
Brownsville Mafia
16 Point

Loc: on the wings of a snow white d...

JohnnyBond's 2012 Rubicon Jeep completely under water with the lights on and the motor running at 5:30 am on 1/18/2013 after it had rolled backwards into Hatchie River, I did the rescue

Edited by Chaneylake (01/19/13 10:18 PM)
Edit Reason: time wrong

Living somewhere between this world and the other, Legends of the Fall

#3131346 - 01/19/13 10:19 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Chaneylake]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Chaneylake
JohnnyBond's 2012 Rubicon Jeep completely under water with the lights on and the motor running at 5:30 am on 1/18/2013 after it had rolled backwards into Hatchie River, I did the rescue

dang. is he ok? what the heck is doing in the hatchie bottoms at 530 am in a new rubicon

#3131347 - 01/19/13 10:20 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Chaneylake]
SES
8 Point

How did that turn out?

#3131348 - 01/19/13 10:22 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Chaneylake]
Crosshairy
10 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

content Online
I saw a six-legged frog once. It had 4 legs on one side and two on the other. A guy found it on a golf course.

#3131349 - 01/19/13 10:24 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: SES]
Chaneylake
Brownsville Mafia
16 Point

How did that turn out?

scared the hello out of both of us, he went under 2 times trying to save the vehicle, he finally gave up, I was not on the scene at the time, when I got there the jeep was completely under water and JB was just standing in the back water at the edge of the river with that strange look on his face, State Farm Ins has already totaled the jeep, he is kinda sore today, he stated that the fear did not really kick in until last night

#3131350 - 01/19/13 10:25 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: redblood]
Chaneylake
Brownsville Mafia
16 Point

Originally Posted By: redblood

dang. is he ok? what the heck is doing in the hatchie bottoms at 530 am in a new rubicon

launching boat to duck hunt

#3131411 - 01/19/13 11:41 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Crosshairy]
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Crosshairy
I saw a six-legged frog once. It had 4 legs on one side and two on the other. A guy found it on a golf course.

This is why you dont eat fish or frogs from golf course ponds!!!! \:D

Μολων λαβε

#3131448 - 01/20/13 05:25 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: in the dog house!]
7mm08
12 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

....In 2008, close to a million people in D.C. lined up to watch a guy named Hussein without a birth certificate place his hand on a Bible and swear to Almighty God to help guide this country.....I have been frightened ever since.

Sorry, I couldn't resist as I go to work this AM to take care of the 52% sitting on their butts waiting for the check to come in.

#3131450 - 01/20/13 06:13 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: 7mm08]
UTGrad
14 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

Originally Posted By: 7mm08
....In 2008, close to a million people in D.C. lined up to watch a guy named Hussein without a birth certificate place his hand on a Bible and swear to Almighty God to help guide this country.....I have been frightened ever since.

Sorry, I couldn't resist as I go to work this AM to take care of the 52% sitting on their butts waiting for the check to come in.

Very strange but I can believe it

#3131551 - 01/20/13 08:23 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: UTGrad]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

1) UFO

2) On the way to work one morning, took a shortcut down a dirt road...kinda bumpy so I was going a little slower. On my left up ahead about 10 feet off the road was a dead guy. His arms were stuck straight up in the air....and he had some kinda black stuff on his arms and face sorta looked like soot.

3) I was trout fishing once wading in a creek with the water up around my waist...and a water moccasin came swimming right at me. It opened it's mouth and I saw white so immediately I'm thinking cottonmouth. I started moving towards the bank but it was swimming faster than I could walk. When it got close I belted it with my fishing rod. To my horror it went under and something touched my leg! I was yelling, splashing and crashing towards the bank holding my rod by the reel pointed back towards where I'd been. I hit that bank and that dang snake was right there with me. I jumped up and started to run towards the road when I noticed the snake was hooked on my lure! It was hissing and trying to bite everything including me!

4) I saw a tornado take a few houses only to find out later it also took mine!

5) I saw a car roll up a hill, not down, up a hill in TN

Edited by Coach (01/20/13 08:24 AM)

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3131607 - 01/20/13 09:37 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Coach]
farmin68
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Coach
1)

Was this before or after butt-chugging came into vogue?

#3131768 - 01/20/13 12:24 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: farmin68]
Coach
16 Point

1)

Was this before or after butt-chugging came into vogue?

Farmin' I don't know what that is...but, before you tell me anything with butt and chugging in the same name I don't want to know!

#3131828 - 01/20/13 01:46 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Coach]
pledbetter
6 Point

Loc: Shelbyville , TN

Lmbo @ coach , did you at least take the snake off the hook?

#3131831 - 01/20/13 01:51 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Coach]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

1) UFO

2) On the way to work one morning, took a shortcut down a dirt road...kinda bumpy so I was going a little slower. On my left up ahead about 10 feet off the road was a dead guy. His arms were stuck straight up in the air....and he had some kinda black stuff on his arms and face sorta looked like soot.

3) I was trout fishing once wading in a creek with the water up around my waist...and a water moccasin came swimming right at me. It opened it's mouth and I saw white so immediately I'm thinking cottonmouth. I started moving towards the bank but it was swimming faster than I could walk. When it got close I belted it with my fishing rod. To my horror it went under and something touched my leg! I was yelling, splashing and crashing towards the bank holding my rod by the reel pointed back towards where I'd been. I hit that bank and that dang snake was right there with me. I jumped up and started to run towards the road when I noticed the snake was hooked on my lure! It was hissing and trying to bite everything including me!

There is supposedly a spot somewhere on the interstate where your car will accelerate up the hill without you pushing the gas. I wish I could remember where. The boy drove to see if it would and was a bit freaked out by it.

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3131840 - 01/20/13 01:58 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: pledbetter]
pledbetter
6 Point

I took christina , (aka huntinprettier), fishing one night. We were sitting on a gravel bank at Normandy , and after catching a catfish she turned her flashlight on so I could see to take the fish off the hook.
Thats when she jumped up screaming , and I mean a blood curdling scream !!!
She then proceeds to take off running down the bank stripping clothes off , I finally catch her and she is cussing and crying and saying something about a pterodactyl ,(spelling?), flying down her shirt , hahahaha... I just wonder what the fellas in the boat about 100 yards away were thinking.

#3131925 - 01/20/13 03:24 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: pledbetter]
Coach
16 Point

Originally Posted By: pledbetter

I casted that rascal to the other bank and cut my line! No way I'm reaching down there any where near that dang snake. He had an agenda and I was it!!

#3131926 - 01/20/13 03:26 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Bowdacious]
Coach
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Bowdacious
1) UFO

There is supposedly a spot somewhere on the interstate where your car will accelerate up the hill without you pushing the gas. I wish I could remember where. The boy drove to see if it would and was a bit freaked out by it.

Yee of little faith...here ya go

http://voices.yahoo.com/crossvilles-mile-marker-ten-6260782.html

#3132271 - 01/20/13 07:33 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Coach]
pledbetter
6 Point

Originally Posted By: pledbetter

I casted that rascal to the other bank and cut my line! No way I'm reaching down there any where near that dang snake. He had an agenda and I was it!!

Hahaha , I gotta say I dont blame you at all...i would have probably left fishing pole and all!!!

#3132294 - 01/20/13 07:49 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: pledbetter]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

What was up with the dead guy coach?

#3132308 - 01/20/13 07:56 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: pledbetter]
Bigg'un4214
10 Point

Loc: east tn

In the late 70's I was coon hunting on Dale Hollow and something lit up the sky as bright as day for about 10 seconds. I kept waiting to hear an explosion becaused I thought the Russians had dropped an atomic bomb.

We arrested a man one day that said he was communicating with a spy satellite. The notes he was writing looked like something from an advanced phyics book. Before we cuffed him he pulled out a marijuana bud from his pocket and as I reached for it he tried to swallow it.

#3132441 - 01/20/13 09:10 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Bigg'un4214]
Kimberman
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

I was doing some phone work at a local hotel with one of my co workers. We had been working there for a couple weeks, so we got to know the owner and maintenance guys. We were in the office when water started flowing out of the ceiling down the hall. We went with the maintenance guy upstairs, to the room that had the hot water heater in it. The door was locked, so the maintenance guy announced himself and unlocked the door, the door was chained, and no one answered, so he kicked the door in. What I saw I was not prepared for. A guy in his early 20s had hung himself from the pipes on top of the water heater. He used a belt around his neck, and must have put his knees on top of a small cooler, and rocked off of the cooler. He would have had to held his feet off of the ground, because he could have simply stood up to relieve the pressure on his neck. It really bothered me for about 2 weeks or so. That image has stuck with me for almost 7 years now, and I can still see that kids face.

#3132481 - 01/20/13 09:31 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: timberjack86]
Coach
16 Point

Originally Posted By: timberjack86
What was up with the dead guy coach?

Someone had shot him, and looked like tried to burn him. Then they dumped him on side of that old dirt road. Just as I was pulling up closer to him I saw and heard the cops coming. I stayed until they got there and it wasn't long, they were flying. I went on to work but I sure was a little shaken that day

Edited by Coach (01/20/13 09:38 PM)

#3132554 - 01/20/13 10:23 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Coach]
Chaneylake
Brownsville Mafia
16 Point

well there was this "monkey and a football one time"

#3132597 - 01/20/13 11:39 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Chaneylake]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

When I was about 15 or 16, I was laying in my bed one night when it was really late. I was in a really bad place due to recent girlfriend issues and I think that let in some evilness into my life. I suddenly got a horrible and evil feeling about me and could feel the presence of what I can only describe as a demon. I have no idea how I knew there was one with me but I know without a doubt that there was one. All of a sudden I get the feeling of being protected and of invincibility because of God's protection. I actually laughed at the demon and mocked it (in hindsight, not a good idea) and watched as a ball of white light appeared above my head and drove off a strange shadow that I realized should not have been there. I then felt completely at peace and knew that I had watched an angel drive off a demon from my dang bedroom.

During the 2011 deer season I was hunting at Franklin-Marion state forest. It was about 30 min till light and I was just clearing some small limbs from my shooting lane on the ground. About 20 feet from the trail I was on and in the thick brush I heard two medium sized things go crashing deeper into the woods and one large thing go about five foot into the woods then stop. The sound that came next still haunts me and makes me pause before I go into the woods at dark. This thing screamed at me so incredibly loud and sounded like a mixture between a womans scream and a chimp in the zoo. It would scream for about 2 seconds then pause for about 2 more. This went on for about a min before I could work my nerve up to look at the direction with my headlamp. I saw two eyes reflecting at me about 7 foot off the ground and the outline of a large, heavy hominid. Yes, it was a dang bigfoot. I sprinted for about a quarter mile out of the woods on a really bad left ankle and have never been back. Im pretty sure it was a mother bigfoot being aggressive and protecting her two young. I have no doubt in my mind that it was a bigfoot. I can honestly say that that was the most scared that I have ever been. I have been blown up and shot at in Afghanistan and that was nothing compared to that morning. Every time I ever hear something in the woods that sounds like it could be anything similar to a bigfoot, I get nervous and want to leave the area. And no, I am not lying for some reason, I was not drunk, nor was I on drugs.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3132683 - 01/21/13 07:34 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: pledbetter]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

I was 17 years old working for the Highway dept for a summer job on the patch crew. In middle of the day on an deadend road in middle of nowhere and no houses for miles A woman comes out of the woods riding a white horse side saddle, she has along silver hair with flowers in it and is wearing a long white dress. She then proceeds to ask me directions to the house made of glass and straw. Guys I just stood there with a blank stare before I said I have no idea. She turned and rode back into the woods. Few years later I read a story in newspaper of how a Hippy group moved to the area and had built Eco friedly houses from straw and glass bottles.
#3134967 - 01/22/13 06:35 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: REM7]
eweisner
8 Point

Loc: Portland, TN

My son the remnants of a saber or a bayonet at Stones River National Battlefield. I wasn't with him, but he turned it in.

http://confessionsofanovicebowhunter.wordpress.com

#3136361 - 01/23/13 05:42 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: eweisner]
TNLynn
8 Point

Loc: baxter TN

TTT ----- Keep'um coming

#3136405 - 01/23/13 06:17 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: TNLynn]
TRIGGER
Michael Waddell stunt double
10 Point

Loc: Cunningham TN

Originally Posted By: TNLynn
TTT ----- Keep'um coming

I have seen TT's but never TTT's. That must have been a site. \:D

Edited by TRIGGER (01/23/13 06:18 PM)

#3136462 - 01/23/13 06:53 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: TRIGGER]
kknights27
4 Point

Loc: Knoxville,TN

I love reading these things. Very interesting! I have no stories to add. but keep posting fellas

"Greatness is acheived in steps, small building blocks, little by little"........Ray Lewis

"Dyin aint much of a livin, boy!"...... Josey Wales!!

#3136481 - 01/23/13 07:08 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: stik]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Nyper

rutting fox

Same thing happened to me when I was 10 and my dad just sat me down and walked 50yrds from me. It came in and before daylight 10feet away. I left my gun at the tree and ran to the truck and locked the doors. Dad said it was a peacock. Lol

#3136695 - 01/23/13 10:09 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Poleaxe]
LIL JOKER
14 Point

Loc: tennessee

My first morn hunt at LBL..i climbed up my tree and seen this bright light coming down a ridge to my left it kept getting closer and closer ..i started whistleing and it stopped ,then finally yelled hey over here and flashed my light it stopped again ,then started going again finally when it got to the water i figured ok now u will stop but it kept going.. i seen the light float out over the water...i hunted until about 8 and got down and went the way the light came from and sure enough about 2 ridges or so over there was a grave yard..i have never set foot in that general area again..
#3137041 - 01/24/13 09:03 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: LIL JOKER]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

I almost hesitate to tell about this because people think I am crazy or just making it up. I honestly don't know what it was myself and it still kinda gets to me when I think about it.

My wife and I had been married just a few years. I was working 3rd shift and she was on day shift...I would normally be in bed sleeping when she got home from work...she would try to sneak in the bedroom and change out of her work clothes and not wake me up in the process...and more often than once, I have woke up just to see her standing there watching me sleep. At any rate, one day I was laying there and had slept pretty good and I thought I heard her come in the house and into the bedroom...in the door and such. It was just like she was home. I looked up to where she normally would stand to change clothes...and saw her standing there. I said "hey...how was your day" and she never responded...at this point I begin to raise up to see if maybe she is upset or something...and BAM...she just kind of disappeared in thin air. I look at my alarm clock and it was still early in the afternoon...several hours away from the time she was due home. I still to this day don't know what in the world that was. I know I wasn't dreaming it. Something was there in that room. I don't believe in ghosts but that one I just can't explain. I didn't even tell her about it after she got home because I was afraid it would scare her...since she already didn't like being home at night by herself when I was gone to work.

Then one day I was sitting on the couch reading a book and my wife was in the bathroom taking a shower. She is not one of those shower singers...but I'm sitting there reading and I hear her start talking in there. Next thing I know, she is yelling at me. I go in there and she asks me "where did you go? I was just talking to you and then you got all quiet and left me in here by myself". I said "hun...I've been in the living room the whole time reading my book". She argued with me for about 10 mins, thinking I had came in there and stood while she was talking and then just walked out without saying anything. It was then I told her about my evening encounter.

#3137086 - 01/24/13 09:29 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Crow Terminator]
Coach
16 Point

^^^^^^^^
You're traveling to another dimension...a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind...a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Your next stop: The Twilight Zone

#3137164 - 01/24/13 10:03 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Coach]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

Oh I got another one for the wall of weird too.

How many of you remember me telling about my brother inlaw's gun discharge incident Christmas 2011? For those that weren't around...brother inlaw had a gun that was only firing shells about 2 out of 5 times of pulling the trigger. He wanted me to look at it. He worked the bolt back on it and I look in there...notice it had a lot of fouling on the bolt itself. My suggestion was that he needed to clean the thing...that maybe the firing pin wasn't moving forward far enough to hit the primer. There wasn't any shells down in the magazine area of the gun...and when we put the bolt back in the gun, it didn't push anything forward. So he had some trigger work done on the gun and wanted to show me how light of a trigger it now had. He holds the gun horizontal and pointed down the hall of his trailer. He slowly squeezes the trigger so I can hear the snap of the gun. But snap it didn't do...instead a deafening roar of a 7mm Rem Mag was heard and smoke and sheet rock debris and stuff filled the air. I couldn't hear anything but ringing. Well by a miracle, nobody was hurt...despite the gun muzzle being pointed in the direction of where the other family members were sitting in the living room. We couldn't figure out where the bullet went...til we happened to look up...that bullet had went through the ceiling...at a crazy 45* angle or so from where the muzzle was pointing. Had it went straight it would have went through the walls of the house and could have hit one of several folks in the living room...or came darn close. Instead it was like something knocked that bullet upwards as soon as it left the gun barrel. It left a nice hole in his roof...thankfully that's the only casualty that night...besides a few pairs of underwear that had to be thrown away. Hahah. The only thing we can figure is that his bolt was so dirty that it wasn't even grabbing hold of shells to eject them...and that it had left one in the chamber, despite us working the bolt back and taking it out. Every time we go over there I look up at that patched hole in the ceiling and run like Forrest Gump when I see him getting out a firearm.

#3137189 - 01/24/13 10:18 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: plinker22]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: plinker22
...please tell him to keep ol' farmin68 in his prayers! He definitely seems to be in touch.

Great story. Ol'plink appreciates prayers. I would be honored to have your Daddy remember me as well.

The campfire story would be wonderful as well.

x4

#3137196 - 01/24/13 10:23 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Coach
16 Point

You guys should tell some of these around the fire at the Vous!

#3137230 - 01/24/13 10:51 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Coach]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

3) I was trout fishing once wading in a creek with the water up around my waist...and a water moccasin came swimming right at me. It opened it's mouth and I saw white so immediately I'm thinking cottonmouth.

Down here in Tennessee, those are the same snake Coach....

#3137238 - 01/24/13 10:55 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Coach
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
3) I was trout fishing once wading in a creek with the water up around my waist...and a water moccasin came swimming right at me. It opened it's mouth and I saw white so immediately I'm thinking cottonmouth.

Down here in Tennessee, those are the same snake Coach....

Really? We always called a water snake a moccasin and the poisonous ones cottonmouth. Also, down in TN a dry land fish is a dang mushroom Griz! haha

#3137250 - 01/24/13 11:02 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: GRAMPS]
NICHOLS3
10 Point

Loc: knoxville

Originally Posted By: GRAMPS

No Lie I remember my uncle telling me the same story, that he saw something in they sky that wasnt a plane on Cherokee lake this had to of been about 30-40 years ago if not longer.

#3137265 - 01/24/13 11:13 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Coach]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

The water snakes we have around here, we grew up hearing them called banded water snakes.... \:\)

I have seen two UFO's probably 15 years between each event.... Both times there was NO sound.... irregular movements so I know it wasn't an aircraft or helicopter.... The first one was high enough in the sky I couldn't see a shape, only lights..... the second was in a large trianglar shape with white lights on the corners.... I was out in the country both times and all was quiet... Can't explain it... the second instance my stepson was witness to it.. happened in the Beech Grove, Tn. area.

#3137298 - 01/24/13 11:27 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

I dated this chic in high school who had a younger brother. He came home from hunting one morning and he was white as a ghost, shaking and extremely paranoid. He later said that, in the pre dawn hours, he watched a ship land in a field, humanoid looking creatures exit and mill around for awhile before loading back up and flying off. No sound and not enough light to make out details.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3137302 - 01/24/13 11:28 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Coach]
Rockhound
10 Point

One night me and a buddy were riding down a back road after i had gotten off work, we crossed a small bridge and started up a hill. I was looking at my phone and heard him say, what the f....? Looked up and there was this jet black critter walking across the road. This thing looked to be about 6 ft long with not counting the tail but i dunno how long the tail really was, and would have been from paw to top of back at least 3-1/2-4 ft. This thing slouched across the road into the ditch and turned back and set down on its haunches. I was hollering to stop and my buddy had slowed down to about 15 mph and was so in "awe" he wouldn't stop or say a word. When we went by this thing was staring in the window not 2 feet from the window itself. It had the sharpest green eyes of anything i have ever seen and there was no light shining on it at all at that point.

By the time i got him to paying attention and turned around it was gone, i honestly have no clue what it was. And no im not saying black panther, because i have no clue what it was or could be, but i had never and haven't since seen anything even close to it again.
Isaiah 40:31.... Those who wait upon The Lord .....shall renew there strength ......

#3137314 - 01/24/13 11:33 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
SilverFox
12 Point

Loc: Kodak TN

The strangest thing I've seen I guess was a Meteor. I was coon hunting in South Carolina one night. No moon and we were standing around the trucks in a field that was probably 800-1000 yards long planted in wheat. When it went across the sky it turned daylight for a second or two. I could see the other end of the field and everything else as if it was the middle of the day. There were 5 or 6 of us standing around that night. I saw the blur of what ever it was that went across us and it appeared to leave a trail... But with no moon that night I can't be sure.

The next morning I talked to one of the guys from work who was 60 or so miles from us down on the beach with his family after looking at Christmas lights when I would guess the same thing went across them and out across the ocean. He had the same story about the amount of light given off by it.

#3137340 - 01/24/13 11:45 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Rockhound]
Rockhound
10 Point

Another instance that was strange at the time, 14 yrs ago my brother was 15 and i was 9 . We had rode down to the creek on my road and were wade fishing for black perch and such.

We heard some rustling up on the hill and about 20 yds away were some kind of animals rooting around in the leaves, there was 7 of them, 2 big and 5 little ones. We had no clue what they were and we watched them for an hour before they wandered off.

We came home and described what we had seen to my dad. He told us we were crazy and found a picture of an armadillo, and asked if thats what we had seen. We said yes and the laughter ensued, he told everyone and everyone around town made fun of us for a while. A couple months later a couple armadillos came up run over in the same area and we made dang sure everybody eat their fair share of crow!

Now the 'dillos are so thick you have to kick them out of the way to walk in the woods. I killed about 50 in a 3 month span a couple years ago just to see how many i could kill.

#3137363 - 01/24/13 11:56 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Poser]
WMAn
8 Point

Loc: Williamson County

Originally Posted By: Poser
I dated this chic in high school who had a younger brother. He came home from hunting one morning and he was white as a ghost, shaking and extremely paranoid. He later said that, in the pre dawn hours, he watched a ship land in a field, humanoid looking creatures exit and mill around for awhile before loading back up and flying off. No sound and not enough light to make out details.

Poser,

What about your hang glider like object flying over the tops of the trees in the dark story? Am I remembering right? Didn't you see something like this?

#3137392 - 01/24/13 12:13 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Rockhound]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

I have a strange story of something that happened to a friend of mine that was hunting with me.

Happened about fifteen years ago at Tennessee National Refuge near Big Sandy. We had hunted there for a few years and were hunting in a new area that we had never hunted before. I had suffered a heart attack a couple of years before so the two of us were now carrying two way radios in case I needed help dragging out a deer.

I was hunting in a thicket and kept having an uneasy feeling that I was being watched. My buddy was about half a mile away watching a hollow filled with brush. He suddenly started yelling on the radio for me to come to the truck right away! I was wondering if he had hurt himself so I climbed down from my stand and carried it to the truck. I found my friend sitting in my truck with both doors locked and still holding his loaded rifle.

When I saw his face was white as a sheet, I asked him what was wrong? He started yelling that we needed to leave as soon as possible! He did not calm down until we left the refuge. As we were driving down the road to where we had rented a cabin, my friend finally told me what had happened. Seems he was sitting there watching for deer when all the squirrels around him suddenly started going wild. He thought that a deer might be comming thru the woods when he suddenly saw a creature (he just called it a booger) about eight feet talk and covered with long dark hair walking up the hollow that he was watching. When I asked why it did not shoot it, his reply was "I didn't think that I had enough gun!" He had ran all the way back to my truck and locked himself in before yelling at me on the radio. He then said he would never go back there again to hunt (he has kept that promise) and that I was crazy for walking into the woods in the dark and walking back out after dark. When he hunts now, he waits until daylight to walk in and leaves before dark.

I have known this fellow for about forty years and have never known him to tell a lie. He has refused to ever talk about this again.

#3137557 - 01/24/13 01:46 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: GRAMPS]
TNtrapper
Good ol' Boys
6 Point

Loc: Henry co.

About 10 years ago the wife and I bought a farm down the road from us that had an old farm house on it. Being as we lived just down the road we decided that we would remodel the house in our spare time and try to sell it and pay what it brought on the farm note. It was a nice old house built in the 20s that ended up needing a lot more work than we expected....but anyway the old couple that had lived there had recently both passed away and the children decided to sell it. As time went on and the remodeling came close to being completed we decided to move in the old house for a while and put our place on the market to see if we could get any bites. Wouldnt ya know it it sold in a week and we HAD to move in. Things around the house were fine for about a week or so after we moved in...but we started noticing that things were being moved around during the day. Nothing big...but things like the cabinet doors all being open when we came home and my truck keys kept disappearing and would turn up in odd places. At the time my wife was pregnant with our third son, and after he was born things got a little weird. We had his crib on my wifes side of the bed to where she could tend to him at night when he would wake up. Every night my wife would swaddle him up and lay him with his head facing the same way as ours in the crib to where she could peek up and see him sleeping during the night. EVERY night when he would cry out she would roll over and he was turned completely around in the crib with his head facing the opposite way. There is no way he could have moved...swaddled up at 1 week old. This went on every night. At one time we both stayed up in shifts to see what was going on. On those nights everything was fine. No movement. But as soon as one of us would drift off for a little bit and wake up to look....he was moved again. This really freaked my wife out and unsettled myself as well. I noticed that during this time when we would come home late and enter the house I just had a feeling of dread when I walked in the door. Couldnt explain it....but it was like the hairs on the back of my neck would stand up. During all of this my oldest son who was 4 at the time started talking during the night. I would wake and hear someone talking down the hall. On several occasions I would get up and creep down the hall to my sons room and he would be sitting up in the bed talking. When we would ask him who he was talking to he would point up at the ceiling fan and say that man. I played it off as being that he had woke up and was talking in his sleep....but things were starting to get weird for me. As time went on and my youngest son had gotten big enough to sleep in his own bed things calmed down. I guess two years went by and it started in the kitchen. We would all be seated at the table eating supper and the door to the back porch...which was right behind the kitchen table would open and shut itself. It got to the point that when it would happen my wife would turn around and say "well just come on in!" Several different times we had guests over for supper and it would happen. I guess they all thought we were crazy but it really got to where we didn't even pay attention anymore. It was funny as the doorhandle would turn, the door would open as if someone was walking through, and then it would shut. One afternoon we had a visit from one of the previous owners children and out of curiosity we asked if anything "weird" had happened while they were growing up in the house. They replied that nothing out of the ordinary had happened while they were there. They did go on to tell us that back in the 50s they had an aunt that had moved in with them and she had a newborn die unexpectedly in her room....that just so happened to be the room that we slept in. They also told us that their grandaddy has been killed by a tractor in the old shed that was right next to the house. We ended up selling the old house to a couple and building a new house back on our original farm back down the road. To this day they still live there and have never mentioned anything going on in the house. I really never believed in the supernatural before moving in there....but now I can honestly say there just might be something to it.

#3137669 - 01/24/13 03:05 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: TNtrapper]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Wow man, that is freaky!!!

Page all of 10 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
UTRok16, ljhhunt3, perchjerkin, camohunter3, mtd
13273 Registered Users
Who's Online
53 registered (Mr.Squirrel, DIRTTRAX, bigrob, mossyoakmantn, Master Chief, bowhunter163, 5 invisible) and 65 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13273 Members
42 Forums
93134 Topics
1088538 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.116 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.