Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3130534 - 01/19/13 09:13 AM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: Kimber45]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
 Originally Posted By: eightpointer
The best form of protein powder is whey. To break it down further..the best form of whey is a whey isolate or even a whey hydrolysate. The whey protein is a faster digesting from of protein as opposed to soy or egg or casein. Your best bet is to ingest some form of a good quality protein about every 2.5 to 3 hours. If your just not hungry then a protein supplement would be a good option. One of the best brands of this is Optimum Nutrition. Their Gold Standard Whey is a very good protein, but their Hydrowhey is even better but a little more expensive. Its also a good idea to take some form of a Casein protein(milk based) before bed. It takes 6-8 hours to digets, thus feeding your body while you sleep. Hope this helps.

Eightpointer - I take the wally world brand http://supplementreviews.com/body-fortress/premium-whey-protein simply because its the cheapest and has good reviews. I dont know diddly about digestion etc however after reading your post I'm interested in the casein protein (so I'll be checking the low price folks at wally world later to see if they have it )
The other reason I switched to the wally world stuff was - they keep it all the time and I never run out due to it being readily available.

Well, wally world has the caseine protein SO I'll be picking up some up later.. Maybe that will help with my daily muscle pain from being too dang old to lift weights 4 days a week - but doing so anyway \:D http://www.walmart.com/ip/15724171?adid=...Product+Reviews

#3130562 - 01/19/13 09:36 AM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: Kimber45]
eightpointer
14 Point

Loc: Birchwood, TN

If it helps...you can get very good prices on name brand supplements ordering online from bodybuilding.com. You don't have to be a bodybuilder, powerlifter, etc..Their site is secure and also have some good info. on it as well. If you don't mind the taste or texture and want to save some money cottage cheese is also a good form of casein. I hate the stuff myself though.
#3130572 - 01/19/13 09:45 AM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: eightpointer]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

If it helps...you can get very good prices on name brand supplements ordering online from bodybuilding.com. You don't have to be a bodybuilder, powerlifter, etc..Their site is secure and also have some good info. on it as well. If you don't mind the taste or texture and want to save some money cottage cheese is also a good form of casein. I hate the stuff myself though.

That is the one food I absolutely WILL NOT eat. I gag immediately. \:\)

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3130576 - 01/19/13 09:49 AM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: Bowdacious]
eightpointer
14 Point

I agree...Dad used to eat it and many times he gave me the option of a whippin or clean my plate..well when cottage cheese was on it..lets just say that I got several butt bustings.
#3130582 - 01/19/13 09:52 AM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: eightpointer]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

I agree...Dad used to eat it and many times he gave me the option of a whippin or clean my plate..well when cottage cheese was on it..lets just say that I got several butt bustings.

My Mom loved it, too. That and buttermilk. Yuck!! I would have taken the beating, too. She tried a few times to make me eat it and got the same result every time. She gave up. lol

Beware the skillet ---O

#3130845 - 01/19/13 02:58 PM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: Bowdacious]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Okay. I found a protein shake mix that has whey and casein in it. It had pieces of chocolate cookie, too. That had to be what sold me on trying it. \:\) I will at least do one in the morning since I rarely eat when I work.

Beware the skillet ---O

#3130877 - 01/19/13 03:58 PM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: TAFKAP]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
Your body's metabolism generally goes into "starvation" mode if you haven't eaten in a while. Small, more frequent meals is more appropriate than sporadic large meals.

I challenge you to prove this is scientifically correct.

Do you think our ancestors stopped in their middle of their caveman day and forced themselves to eat a Cliff bar?

#3130904 - 01/19/13 04:27 PM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: -DRM-]
eightpointer
14 Point

If trying to lose fat and you don't eat..your body's metabolism will slow down. It will actually burn muscle and store fat to save for energy. Now obviously if you don't eat to a point where nothing goes in your body for days on end you will lose, but that's quite unhealthy.
#3130922 - 01/19/13 04:46 PM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: eightpointer]
fourwheeler431
14 Point

Loc: Powell

I try to get some kind of protein in me every couple of hours during the day,it may be a cliff bar or a 20-30 gram protein bar,whichever I have at the time. My kids love the blueberry cliff bars so that is normally what I have.

#3131146 - 01/19/13 07:35 PM Re: ? for you health conscious folks [Re: -DRM-]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: -DRM-
 Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
Your body's metabolism generally goes into "starvation" mode if you haven't eaten in a while. Small, more frequent meals is more appropriate than sporadic large meals.

I challenge you to prove this is scientifically correct.

Do you think our ancestors stopped in their middle of their caveman day and forced themselves to eat a Cliff bar?

I can't point to anything specifically to state my case right now, but numerous articles I've seen from various dieticians and nutritionists seem to substantiate this. And it does go back to our ancestors time.....they tended to eat frequently as they came by food. If it went a while without eating, metabolism would prevent the body from burning stored fat in the event that the next meal was farther away.

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Urban deer Hunter, Mclem135, Cch, Timberninja31, Claims Rep.
13266 Registered Users
Who's Online
17 registered (Deerbuster1996, critter slayer, PillsburyDoughboy, tn gunman, redblood, junebugwapiti, 3 invisible) and 61 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13266 Members
42 Forums
92901 Topics
1085467 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.106 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.