Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#3129635 - 01/18/13 01:15 PM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Unicam]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Unicam
The real lesson here is that the State Senator has unwittingly admitted something he would probably rather not concede, that this bill gives an advantage to criminals.

ALL gun control laws do that!

thumbsup

#3129653 - 01/18/13 01:30 PM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: BamaProud]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat

By the way. There ARE quite a few ex-LEO's in prison today. That is NOT an anti-LEO statement, it's simply the TRUTH.

And dentists and trash Collectors and teachers and Painters etc...

its an interesting question, but I would bet there are a lot of professions that have a higher percentage of ex-employees in Prison than LEO's. I would suspect that Pro Sports figures and Politicians have a pretty high percentage rates of going to jail...along with lots of the construction/labor industry.

#3129669 - 01/18/13 01:48 PM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: BamaProud]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
I would suspect that Pro Sports figures and Politicians have a pretty high percentage rates of going to jail...

I'd re-word that to say they have a high percentage guilty as charged, but relatively few go to jail. Otherwise our prisons would be full of politicians. Just look what Chris Dodd and Barney Frank did without so much a a wrist slap. Just a sad reality that most politicians are above the law and are not held accountable, even by the voters who keep re-electing the most crooked of of the crooked.

But I agree with every barrel having its bad apples.

#3129674 - 01/18/13 01:52 PM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: BamaProud]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat

By the way. There ARE quite a few ex-LEO's in prison today. That is NOT an anti-LEO statement, it's simply the TRUTH.

And dentists and trash Collectors and teachers and Painters etc...

its an interesting question, but I would bet there are a lot of professions that have a higher percentage of ex-employees in Prison than LEO's. I would suspect that Pro Sports figures and Politicians have a pretty high percentage rates of going to jail...along with lots of the construction/labor industry.

We all know that. But once anybody dares to point out that there are ex-LEO's in prisons certain people jump.

Think about this. The LEO's that break the law has the harder fall than any of the rest of them. They have SWORN to up hold the law, they have the POWER to arrest citizens. The LEO's crime is the dirtier crime because of who they are and what their job is, they swore to up hold the law and got caught breaking the law.

Before anybody gets their shorts in a knot I will say go do a search of the LEO posts and any post I made, you all will see I'm 100% pro-LEO as I am pro-military. All I'm doing here is posting a fact that there are "some" ex LEO's in prison.

#3129965 - 01/18/13 06:30 PM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Wildcat]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Every law abiding citizen, LEO, preacher, factory worker, janitor, astronaut, archaeologist, school teacher, McDonald's employee ........... should have the very same rights in regards to round counts.. Has nothing to do with, good, bad or indifferent - it's just simply all of our rights to be able to equally defend ourselves.......period

#3129968 - 01/18/13 06:32 PM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Kimber45]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
Every law abiding citizen, LEO, preacher, factory worker, janitor, astronaut, archaeologist, school teacher, McDonald's employee ........... should have the very same rights in regards to round counts.. Has nothing to do with, good, bad or indifferent - it's just simply all of our rights to be able to equally defend ourselves.......period

X2 see first line of sig.

Dont tread on me

#3130188 - 01/18/13 09:03 PM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: TeamMainStreet]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

here is a fine example of what NY laws do not stop

http://www.wsmv.com/story/20624654/surpr...&mobilecgbypass

stupid is just stupid no matter what the law is

#3130226 - 01/18/13 09:33 PM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Yotekiller011]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: Yotekiller011
Its disappointing to see so many fellow sportsman so anti law enforcement. Law enforcement need to better armed than the thugs. Sorry guys, but you go out and walk a beat and confront a bad guy with just a 40 cal. glock. These thugs arm to the teeth. Just like our military everyone likes to run that mouth and criticize but few want to go fight for our rights. Put on that badge or flack jacket. Until you do, Just a thank you will do, and just set on your behinds and soak up the freedom we've provide.

So explain to me how it is morally superior for a LEO to have 15 rounds to defend himself while my wife is being raped by 3 thugs because she only had 7 rounds.

#3130450 - 01/19/13 07:37 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
16 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
Its disappointing to see so many fellow sportsman so anti law enforcement. Law enforcement need to better armed than the thugs. Sorry guys, but you go out and walk a beat and confront a bad guy with just a 40 cal. glock. These thugs arm to the teeth. Just like our military everyone likes to run that mouth and criticize but few want to go fight for our rights. Put on that badge or flack jacket. Until you do, Just a thank you will do, and just set on your behinds and soak up the freedom we've provide.

So explain to me how it is morally superior for a LEO to have 15 rounds to defend himself while my wife is being raped by 3 thugs because she only had 7 rounds.

I don't believe he (Yotekiller011) wants anybody to have restriction on the number of rounds they could carry. He was pointing out that criminals will not follow the law and only carry 7 rounds so does it make sense to restrict the police from carrying more than 7 rounds.

Keep in mind this post was about law makers forgetting to exclude LEO and retired LEO from the 7 round restriction. I answered the question early on and keep in mind I didn't make the law nor did I say it was fair to any citzen of NY. I was able to answer the question since I have knowledge in this field.

The thread went from LEO being able to carry more bullets, to LEO being criminals and going to prison. That's normally par for this site and I never seen where they were going to exclude LEO that went to prison from this law. Since that's the case you got to wonder why that came up, I don't have to wonder and it's clear to me.

I personally don't know any LEO that's for these restriction and all the LEO I know are pro gun. I hope I helped clear this up and this thread went a little side ways like most LEO threads do on this site.

YES.... There have been LEO that has went to prison and I know a few that I had to help put there but this thread never had anything to do with LEO being criminals. It only had to do with LEO carrying more rounds and that must of made a few mad..... Just my 2 cents and carry on.

Edited by gator-n-buck (01/19/13 07:57 AM)

#3130542 - 01/19/13 09:20 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: gator-n-buck]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: gator-n-buck
 Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1

I don't believe he (Yotekiller011) wants anybody to have restriction on the number of rounds they could carry. He was pointing out that criminals will not follow the law and only carry 7 rounds so does it make sense to restrict the police from carrying more than 7 rounds.

Keep in mind this post was about law makers forgetting to exclude LEO and retired LEO from the 7 round restriction. I answered the question early on and keep in mind I didn't make the law nor did I say it was fair to any citzen of NY. I was able to answer the question since I have knowledge in this field.

The thread went from LEO being able to carry more bullets, to LEO being criminals and going to prison. That's normally par for this site and I never seen where they were going to exclude LEO that went to prison from this law. Since that's the case you got to wonder why that came up, I don't have to wonder and it's clear to me.

I personally don't know any LEO that's for these restriction and all the LEO I know are pro gun. I hope I helped clear this up and this thread went a little side ways like most LEO threads do on this site.

YES.... There have been LEO that has went to prison and I know a few that I had to help put there but this thread never had anything to do with LEO being criminals. It only had to do with LEO carrying more rounds and that must of made a few mad..... Just my 2 cents and carry on.

First and foremost I have utmost respect for all LEO's, and never have bashed a LEO or been anti-LEO unless it was a criminal LEO.

Second, we as American citizens are put into danger everyday of our lives when we have a judicial system that keeps returning these thugs to the street. We have as much right to have as many rounds necessary to protect ourselves from these thugs as a LEO does, and I feel Yotekiller's "Law enforcement need to better armed than the thugs" comment insinuates normal citizens do not.

For the record, I feel a 12 gauge and AR15 should be standard issue for all LEO's, and you all should not be going up against any criminal with just a 40 cal. Glock. That is a law enforcement issue, not a citizen gun ban issue.

Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PEhunter, Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain
13289 Registered Users
Who's Online
98 registered (SKFOOTER, woodsman87, callemquacktn, BamaProud, cbhunter, infoman jr., 11 invisible) and 156 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13289 Members
42 Forums
85450 Topics
1032531 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.224 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.