Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3129887 - 01/18/13 05:31 PM Re: Baker treestand [Re: Poleaxe]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

I first thought he just wanted to be ole skool....... I was waiting next for the stick and string request..... :
#3129916 - 01/18/13 05:52 PM Re: Baker treestand [Re: Poleaxe]
gasman
8 Point

Loc: South of the Hatchie

Originally Posted By: Poleaxe
 Originally Posted By: gasman
Don't EVEN try to demonstrate how those things work on a light pole. I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Please tell me u didnt really. Or if u did how many pulls did u make it?

I climbed opening day with one and got about 12 feet up my tree and instantly felt weightless. What was bad is 3feet from the bottom it bit into the tree and I swear i had a car wreck once that didnt hurt as bad. I layed there for over an hour and hear deer blowing at me the whole time but I didnt care. Thank goodness I didnt break anything.
 Originally Posted By: gasman
Don't EVEN try to demonstrate how those things work on a light pole. I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Please tell me u didnt really. Or if u did how many pulls did u make it?

I climbed opening day with one and got about 12 feet up my tree and instantly felt weightless. What was bad is 3feet from the bottom it bit into the tree and I swear i had a car wreck once that didnt hurt as bad. I layed there for over an hour and hear deer blowing at me the whole time but I didnt care. Thank goodness I didnt break anything.

13 yrs old. Got my first climbing stand on a trade for a mini bike..... Shoulda kept the bike

Hunt Hard. Pray Harder.

#3130081 - 01/18/13 07:59 PM Re: Baker treestand [Re: Beekeeper]
Wobblyshot1
8 Point

Loc: Rutherford County

I had one....and customized it by attaching one of those little folding stools to the base. Man, those were the days.
N.M.L.R.A. Member
I like Flintlocks!

#3130259 - 01/18/13 10:10 PM Re: Baker treestand [Re: gator-n-buck]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

Originally Posted By: gator-n-buck
I first thought he just wanted to be ole skool....... I was waiting next for the stick and string request..... :

Na, my old man was tight when I was little. He's always just given me hand me down hunting stuff and I never complained once as long as got to hunt with him. So he bought a loggy and I got the Baker. Thing is that loggy with the rubber band slipped just as much as mine. I still make fun at him about giving his own son such a death trap. He just smiles and says "it made u a better hunter", but yet been doggin me for yrs about wearing a saftey belt til I started this yr. Ah well. I still love that man no matter what.

#3130283 - 01/18/13 10:25 PM Re: Baker treestand [Re: Poleaxe]
eweisner
8 Point

Loc: Portland, TN

my wife thinks I have lost my mind. She's in bed on the other side of the of the house and I'm tickled, can hardly breathe. I didn't know what a baker was then I found another forum discussion about them...talk about a hoot!

http://confessionsofanovicebowhunter.wordpress.com

#3130369 - 01/19/13 12:42 AM Re: Baker treestand [Re: eweisner]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Originally Posted By: eweisner
my wife thinks I have lost my mind. She's in bed on the other side of the of the house and I'm tickled, can hardly breathe. I didn't know what a baker was then I found another forum discussion about them...talk about a hoot!

Was it on archery talk? Was the thread starter poleaxe? I started that one too. There were tons of peoples testimonies about their experiences and near death. If anybody has time u can google baker treestand and in the search results look for one on archery talk. People wrote their stories for months. Each funnier than the last. Itl brighten your darkest day if u read it.

#3130373 - 01/19/13 12:59 AM Re: Baker treestand [Re: Poleaxe]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Originally Posted By: eweisner

Was it on archery talk? Was the thread starter poleaxe? I started that one too. There were tons of peoples testimonies about their experiences and near death. If anybody has time u can google baker treestand and in the search results look for one on archery talk. People wrote their stories for months. Each funnier than the last. Itl brighten your darkest day if u read it.

Try and limit your visits over there. I hit the door and never looked back. Why would u want to talk to rude, innconsiderate, children with no manner rather than come to tndeer where everyone is kind, helpful, and would give u the shirts off their back. I dont care nothing about that place other than that thread.

#3130512 - 01/19/13 08:54 AM Re: Baker treestand [Re: Poleaxe]
eweisner
8 Point

Loc: Portland, TN

No, it wasn't archery talk. I've visited over there but the layout hurts my eyes (really). The layout is chaotic.

It was actually Georgia Outdoor News. Great stories.

http://confessionsofanovicebowhunter.wordpress.com

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (dfleming) and 47 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.009 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.