Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3130157 - 01/18/13 08:44 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Any gun can misfire, just as any automobile can leave you on the side of the road but with Glock, the test of time, among other torture testing etc. makes it the most reliable, IMHO

Here's a few misfires for ya ;\)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0_JuF23qazI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0_JuF23qazI

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZxQfIBXDc

#3130212 - 01/18/13 09:18 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Kimber45]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Re: this thread: First world problems.

#3130216 - 01/18/13 09:22 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Kimber45]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

Loc: Andersonville, TN

My stripper name is "Captain Buzz Kill", how did you know?

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do it's a Glock"

I still celebrate diversity though, my Kimber is a hell of a .45.

#3130228 - 01/18/13 09:36 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: TNRazorback]
easy45
Non-Typical

Loc: Chester County

Never had a problem with my glock

#3130242 - 01/18/13 09:49 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: easy45]
statelineRUT
10 Point

Loc: Michie, TN

GLOCK!!!!!

Love my Glocks!

#3130256 - 01/18/13 10:08 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Hardwoodmaterials
I know it's blasphemy to some of ya'll but I just had to tell it! I just got done taking the handgun carry class today. Out of all the guns there only 3 had no jams or problems. 1 S&W M&P, 1 S&W M&P compact, and 1 little revolver that I think was a Taurus. A S&W Sigma jammed once, a Ruger jammed 3 times, and I'm not sure about the rest but the real prize was the only Glock in the class. The Glock 19 Gen3 had quit a few feeding problems and got a round jammed in it so bad the guy that owned it had to stop shooting and take the gun to the shop on the hill to get it cleared. He came back about 20 minutes later and it jammed again after a couple rounds. He finally finished with it but it didn't make it easy for him. Now what was that ever Glock fan keep preaching? OH YEAH "Glocks are the only reliable semi-auto made anything else and your going to have issues" HAHA! NOT TODAY! boys NOT TODAY! HAHA! (Stirring of the pot now over!) \:\)

Semi-autos are only as reliable as the skilled hands wielding them. With the number of relative novices out there gobbling up guns & permits lately, I can't help but think such a large FTE jams may have been caused by weak grips. Before I was really proficient with mine, it would stovepipe like that about once every 100 rounds or so. I found myself getting lazy and complacent, and it would nearly always be after I "jelly-armed" a shot. Lock your dominant arm and grasp the gun tightly, you'll be hard pressed to find one that actually "fails" to eject. The failure is nearly always on the shooter with a semi auto.

#3130258 - 01/18/13 10:09 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: TNRazorback]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: TNRazorback
I want to hear just 1 Glock fan admit that a Glock is no different than any other gun!

Ok, I'll admit it. Glocks are identical to Gatlings and M777 Howitzers.

Nuh uh....those don't have a trigger "safety" and a rectangular firing pin \:D

#3130273 - 01/18/13 10:18 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
gcl14
4 Point

Loc: sw tn

Childish original post, more childish second response
#3130293 - 01/18/13 10:28 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: gcl14]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Now now......bless his heart.

#3130316 - 01/18/13 10:53 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
BARhunter
8 Point

Loc: Franklin County

rukiddin?, ratsnakeboogy, Ya'll are Captain Buzz kills! I was just poking a little fun at the Glock guys and ya'll had to get all butt hurt about it! No fun at all! I don't own a Glock today but you never know about tomorrow. I have nothing against the guns just like to poke fun at most of their brand blind owners. I just get tired of all the Glock guys talking trash about every other brand about like the Mathews bow guys do with archery stuff!

PLUS! I still haven't heard a Glock guy say they can and will malfunction! Not that they only do when they are dirty or not cared for or what ever other excuse ya'll want to throw out! I just don't think a die hard Glock guy can swallow enough of their pride to admit it! HAHA

So, exactly what is your point? It seems to me you are just trying to find someone to argue with. I'm a certified Glock amorer, a certified Glock Instructor, and a certified law enforcement officer with 24 Years of experience. For seventeen years the agency I work for has carried Glock, Model 22 handguns. There is a lot of reasons we chose to go with Glock as the weapon of choice for our agency. I can tell you we chose them for their reliability and their durability. During all of my years handling a Glock and instructing others, I have seen the same problems you spoke of in your original post but every single time I saw those problems I was able to directly relate the problem to some type of shooter error. Not a single problem or malfunction was due to a problem with the gun. Yes, there were many malfunctions during those years on the range, but none were due to any problem with the Glock pistol. Even though you obviously don't
like Glocks, you will not change other people's minds going about the way you
have chosen. So, again I ask you, what is your point? You've made a point but I seriously doubt it was the point you intended to make!

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14
13111 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (WORM82, Jcalder, infoman jr., Dbllunger, chris1976, FLTENNHUNTER1, 9 invisible) and 130 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13111 Members
42 Forums
89211 Topics
1043277 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.208 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.