Tndeer Logo

Page all of 6 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3129913 - 01/18/13 05:49 PM A Glock failure!
Hardwoodmaterials
6 Point

Loc: Hohenwald,Tn

I know it's blasphemy to some of ya'll but I just had to tell it! I just got done taking the handgun carry class today. Out of all the guns there only 3 had no jams or problems. 1 S&W M&P, 1 S&W M&P compact, and 1 little revolver that I think was a Taurus. A S&W Sigma jammed once, a Ruger jammed 3 times, and I'm not sure about the rest but the real prize was the only Glock in the class. The Glock 19 Gen3 had quit a few feeding problems and got a round jammed in it so bad the guy that owned it had to stop shooting and take the gun to the shop on the hill to get it cleared. He came back about 20 minutes later and it jammed again after a couple rounds. He finally finished with it but it didn't make it easy for him. Now what was that ever Glock fan keep preaching? OH YEAH "Glocks are the only reliable semi-auto made anything else and your going to have issues" HAHA! NOT TODAY! boys NOT TODAY! HAHA! (Stirring of the pot now over!) \:\)
#3129919 - 01/18/13 05:54 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
JThuntsalot
Good ol' Boys
10 Point

Loc: Mckenzie, Carroll County, TN

LOL

I love to kill big bucks and a ton of ducks with a monster Thunder Chicken in the spring

#3129930 - 01/18/13 06:00 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: JThuntsalot]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

Hum....never had a problem with my colt 1911.

#3129931 - 01/18/13 06:01 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: JThuntsalot]
utfan1
10 Point

Loc: cleveland,tn

well,since this is not the norm for them i would say an ammo problem. anything is possible.
#3129939 - 01/18/13 06:08 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: utfan1]
oakclimber
8 Point

Loc: Shelby Co. Tn

\:D

#3129950 - 01/18/13 06:16 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: oakclimber]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

You can screw up an anvil with the right methods... Outside of someone who gets free ammo, I bet I've put as many rounds thru Glocks as about any old country redneck, never had a mis-feed.. Now, your average once a year shooter - who's limp wristing his Glock as he cycles it, can very easily cause it to jamb.. A properly maintained G1,2,3 or a 4 with about 2 minutes worth of mods will cycle with any weapon, in the hands of a shooter..

#3129952 - 01/18/13 06:20 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Kimber45]
TNtrapper
Good ol' Boys
6 Point

Loc: Henry co.

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Kimber45
You can screw up an anvil with the right methods... Outside of someone who gets free ammo, I bet I've put as many rounds thru Glocks as about any old country redneck, never had a mis-feed.. Now, your average once a year shooter - who's limp wristing his Glock as he cycles it, can very easily cause it to jamb.. A properly maintained G1,2,3 or a 4 with about 2 minutes worth of mods will cycle with any weapon, in the hands of a shooter..

Exactly what I was thinking Kimber45. Limp wristing a Glock is about all Ive seen that will make one misfeed. Ive fired about every kind of factory ammo through mine and no FTFs. Now hand loading a little OAL too long is another story! LOL ;\)

Edited by TNtrapper (01/18/13 06:25 PM)

#3129957 - 01/18/13 06:24 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: TNtrapper]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: TNtrapper

Exactly what I was thinking Kimber45. Limp wristing a Glock is about all Ive seen that will make one misfeed. Ive fired about every kind of factory ammo through mine and no FTFs. Now hand loading a little AOL too long is another story! LOL ;\)

Very likely limp-wristing or grip is low on the frame causing some of the recoil energy (needed for positive extraction and ejection) to convert into muzzle flip which can cause FTE or stove-pipes.

I'd take my Glocks to any gun fight ;\)

#3129978 - 01/18/13 06:41 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Kimber45]
Hardwoodmaterials
6 Point

I knew before I posted this it would have to be "operator error" No way a Glock could be at fault! HAHA! The class instructor couldn't get the thing to do any better and I'm pretty sure she knew how a handgun functions. The gun didn't have any FTE or stove-pipes it was a loading and chamber issue of some sort. I just couldn't help myself! I had to point out a turd Glock just to watch you Glock guys run to its rescue! HAHA

Edited by Hardwoodmaterials (01/18/13 06:42 PM)

#3129994 - 01/18/13 06:58 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
TNRazorback
6 Point

Loc: Tipton County, TN

Was about ready to throw my 23 once before switching magazines and figuring out the spring in the first mag was bent, making it catch and not feed properly.
#3130012 - 01/18/13 07:08 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: TNRazorback]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

The guy at the range where I took my carry class last Saturday told me "unless they mess up we don't clean 'em"....So, my guess is all of those guns had been cleaned alot except the Glock...just my opinion

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3130020 - 01/18/13 07:18 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
Boone 58
16 Point

Loc: Food Plot

Never a problem with my Glock 22 in 40 cal.....but a dirty gun never fired correctly either..........

#3130049 - 01/18/13 07:35 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Coach]
Hardwoodmaterials
6 Point

Originally Posted By: Coach
The guy at the range where I took my carry class last Saturday told me "unless they mess up we don't clean 'em"....So, my guess is all of those guns had been cleaned alot except the Glock...just my opinion

Everyone brought their own gun so I would assume everyone cleaned and cared for their own! I want to hear just 1 Glock fan admit that a Glock is no different than any other gun! They can and will malfunction! ADMIT IT! HAHA!

#3130058 - 01/18/13 07:47 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

glocks suck

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3130060 - 01/18/13 07:49 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
rukiddin?
8 Point

Loc: E. Tenn

Looks to me like you would be impossible to convince anyway, so why dispute your claim.
I dislike benelli shotguns, I've saw many, many fail to function properly. So what? I did'nt pay for'em, and apparently a lot of people really like them. More power to'em.
I love Brownings. I think there performance is a notch above the rest. Some people will argue that point.....Who cares. Unless there paying for me to shoot it. Why worry? It involves me none at all. How boring would this world be if everyone had the same opinion?
I had a Ruger P89. No failures ever. Now have a Glock 20. Zero failures. I bought it, you did'nt, why worry about it?

"I'm gone to carolina in my mind"

#3130066 - 01/18/13 07:52 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
TNRazorback
6 Point

Originally Posted By: Hardwoodmaterials
I want to hear just 1 Glock fan admit that a Glock is no different than any other gun!

Ok, I'll admit it. Glocks are identical to Gatlings and M777 Howitzers.

#3130069 - 01/18/13 07:53 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: rukiddin?]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

I don't own a Glock but the majority of jamming issues are from improper cleaning. My Beretta 22lr pistol won't jam, but you have to clean it about 15 clips in. Just a quick swipe to clean out a bit of powder. My Bersa 40 has never jammed. Probably will jinx myself but I've fired over 150 rounds with 0 problems.

#3130082 - 01/18/13 08:00 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: TNRazorback]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

Loc: Andersonville, TN

I'm not really interested in what a Glock did that you saw some guy you don't know have a problem with, no offense intended.

I'm interested in how my Glocks function, 1000s of rounds no malfunctions of any kind. Now when my 10 year old shoots it, it will have problems (not enough wrist strength).

Mine may screw up tomorrow, who knows? At this point though, it's what I have the most faith in.

#3130087 - 01/18/13 08:04 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: JeepKuntry]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

I had my glock 21 (45acp) malfunction during a week long high intensity traing course. It was so dirty the slides travel was impaired. I also tried to limp-wrist it because I had heard it would make them malfunction. It did malfunction with limp-wristing.
Any brand gun can be made to malfunction. Glock is no exception. But its the brand I trust my life too everyday.

#3130108 - 01/18/13 08:19 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: BlackBelt]
Hardwoodmaterials
6 Point

rukiddin?, ratsnakeboogy, Ya'll are Captain Buzz kills! I was just poking a little fun at the Glock guys and ya'll had to get all butt hurt about it! No fun at all! I don't own a Glock today but you never know about tomorrow. I have nothing against the guns just like to poke fun at most of their brand blind owners. I just get tired of all the Glock guys talking trash about every other brand about like the Mathews bow guys do with archery stuff!

PLUS! I still haven't heard a Glock guy say they can and will malfunction! Not that they only do when they are dirty or not cared for or what ever other excuse ya'll want to throw out! I just don't think a die hard Glock guy can swallow enough of their pride to admit it! HAHA

#3130157 - 01/18/13 08:44 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Any gun can misfire, just as any automobile can leave you on the side of the road but with Glock, the test of time, among other torture testing etc. makes it the most reliable, IMHO

Here's a few misfires for ya ;\)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0_JuF23qazI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0_JuF23qazI

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZxQfIBXDc

#3130212 - 01/18/13 09:18 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Kimber45]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Re: this thread: First world problems.

#3130216 - 01/18/13 09:22 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Kimber45]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

Loc: Andersonville, TN

My stripper name is "Captain Buzz Kill", how did you know?

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do it's a Glock"

I still celebrate diversity though, my Kimber is a hell of a .45.

#3130228 - 01/18/13 09:36 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: TNRazorback]
easy45
Non-Typical

Loc: Chester County

Never had a problem with my glock

#3130242 - 01/18/13 09:49 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: easy45]
statelineRUT
10 Point

Loc: Michie, TN

GLOCK!!!!!

Love my Glocks!

#3130256 - 01/18/13 10:08 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

I know it's blasphemy to some of ya'll but I just had to tell it! I just got done taking the handgun carry class today. Out of all the guns there only 3 had no jams or problems. 1 S&W M&P, 1 S&W M&P compact, and 1 little revolver that I think was a Taurus. A S&W Sigma jammed once, a Ruger jammed 3 times, and I'm not sure about the rest but the real prize was the only Glock in the class. The Glock 19 Gen3 had quit a few feeding problems and got a round jammed in it so bad the guy that owned it had to stop shooting and take the gun to the shop on the hill to get it cleared. He came back about 20 minutes later and it jammed again after a couple rounds. He finally finished with it but it didn't make it easy for him. Now what was that ever Glock fan keep preaching? OH YEAH "Glocks are the only reliable semi-auto made anything else and your going to have issues" HAHA! NOT TODAY! boys NOT TODAY! HAHA! (Stirring of the pot now over!) \:\)

Semi-autos are only as reliable as the skilled hands wielding them. With the number of relative novices out there gobbling up guns & permits lately, I can't help but think such a large FTE jams may have been caused by weak grips. Before I was really proficient with mine, it would stovepipe like that about once every 100 rounds or so. I found myself getting lazy and complacent, and it would nearly always be after I "jelly-armed" a shot. Lock your dominant arm and grasp the gun tightly, you'll be hard pressed to find one that actually "fails" to eject. The failure is nearly always on the shooter with a semi auto.

#3130258 - 01/18/13 10:09 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: TNRazorback]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: TNRazorback
I want to hear just 1 Glock fan admit that a Glock is no different than any other gun!

Ok, I'll admit it. Glocks are identical to Gatlings and M777 Howitzers.

Nuh uh....those don't have a trigger "safety" and a rectangular firing pin \:D

#3130273 - 01/18/13 10:18 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
gcl14
4 Point

Loc: sw tn

Childish original post, more childish second response
#3130293 - 01/18/13 10:28 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: gcl14]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Now now......bless his heart.

#3130316 - 01/18/13 10:53 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
BARhunter
8 Point

Loc: Franklin County

rukiddin?, ratsnakeboogy, Ya'll are Captain Buzz kills! I was just poking a little fun at the Glock guys and ya'll had to get all butt hurt about it! No fun at all! I don't own a Glock today but you never know about tomorrow. I have nothing against the guns just like to poke fun at most of their brand blind owners. I just get tired of all the Glock guys talking trash about every other brand about like the Mathews bow guys do with archery stuff!

PLUS! I still haven't heard a Glock guy say they can and will malfunction! Not that they only do when they are dirty or not cared for or what ever other excuse ya'll want to throw out! I just don't think a die hard Glock guy can swallow enough of their pride to admit it! HAHA

So, exactly what is your point? It seems to me you are just trying to find someone to argue with. I'm a certified Glock amorer, a certified Glock Instructor, and a certified law enforcement officer with 24 Years of experience. For seventeen years the agency I work for has carried Glock, Model 22 handguns. There is a lot of reasons we chose to go with Glock as the weapon of choice for our agency. I can tell you we chose them for their reliability and their durability. During all of my years handling a Glock and instructing others, I have seen the same problems you spoke of in your original post but every single time I saw those problems I was able to directly relate the problem to some type of shooter error. Not a single problem or malfunction was due to a problem with the gun. Yes, there were many malfunctions during those years on the range, but none were due to any problem with the Glock pistol. Even though you obviously don't
like Glocks, you will not change other people's minds going about the way you
have chosen. So, again I ask you, what is your point? You've made a point but I seriously doubt it was the point you intended to make!

#3130317 - 01/18/13 10:56 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: BARhunter]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

content Online
i will take springfield xdm any day over a glock

#3130324 - 01/18/13 11:05 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: BARhunter]
Mudbone
10 Point

Loc: Williamson cty. Tn

content Online
So what is it you recommend that I trade my glock 22 that has never malfunctioned for?

Ill take my chances.

#3130329 - 01/18/13 11:14 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Mudbone]
SilverFox
10 Point

Loc: Kodak TN

shocked Online
I've never had a Glock have any type of problem... other than the magazine running out of ammo.

I don't care for the fill or the looks of them but when it's me or the bad guy, it's what I want to have in my hand. Waiting on a Glock 19 to come in now.

#3130337 - 01/18/13 11:23 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: SilverFox]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Love my new 19!! Just put a CT laser on about 15 minutes ago... Will be shooting tomorrow

Edited by Kimber45 (01/18/13 11:23 PM)

#3130338 - 01/18/13 11:25 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Kimber45]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Matter o fact, think I'll shoot my gen4 17 too and at least a few mags thru my primary carry G36 with tru glo nites \:\)

#3130344 - 01/18/13 11:35 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: TNRazorback]
DBLAARCHERY
Woodpile Boys Neighbor
14 Point

Loc: Cannon County Outback

why I have a revolver ;\)

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day...Teach him how to fish and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day!

#3130347 - 01/18/13 11:42 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: TNRazorback]
jameseboy
8 Point

Loc: Germantown, TN

I was just gonna say never have had a jam in my s+w 38
#3130387 - 01/19/13 05:12 AM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: redblood]
JThuntsalot
Good ol' Boys
10 Point

Loc: Mckenzie, Carroll County, TN

Originally Posted By: redblood
i will take springfield xdm any day over a glock

Same Here, I have nothing against a glock. Just Springfield just fells better in my hand.

I love to kill big bucks and a ton of ducks with a monster Thunder Chicken in the spring

#3130405 - 01/19/13 06:17 AM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
Snake
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co.Tennessee U.S.

I'm personally not a Glock fan but and I say but they are well made guns . The owner may not clean the gun properly or the ammo could be old so to the defense of glock owners a look at the weapon needs to happen . The best of guns can fail if not properly taken care of . My $.02 !

#3130491 - 01/19/13 08:33 AM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Snake]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Loc: fairview Tn.

Mine go bang Everytime ,I've had my,mod,22,for 15years and it always works!good enough for me!
#3130494 - 01/19/13 08:36 AM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Snake]
Hardwoodmaterials
6 Point

HHMMM! I see the Glock crowd gets butt hurt faster than the Mathews bow crowd! Would have never expected that one! I had no point to make with the first post. I was just joking around and poking a little fun at the die hard Glock guys but I guess ya'll are too sensitive about your toys to see that. I don't want to hurt ya'lls little feelings so here is a new statement for you. " Glocks are the best weapon made! They will stop everything from a June bug to a Freight train with one shot and never fail or have a malfunction! Every living creature falls to its knees and weeps at the mere sight of anything with the Glock name on it. Including key rings and coffee mugs! The Glock is the Excalibur of guns while everything else is more like a tater peeler! There is only one true manly handgun and it's the ALMIGHTY GLOCK!" There you go now the short guys are 6 ft tall, the skinny guys are 200lbs and rippling with muscle, and all other types of little man complex should be fixed! All seems right in the world now!
#3130495 - 01/19/13 08:36 AM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: vonhogslayer]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

Loose wrist, oil, or ammo..... In that order. Didn't bother to read the other replies so these could have already been listed. Been using a Glock for 21 yrs and These are the things I have noticed that will cause Glocks to not feed properly.

Edited by gator-n-buck (01/19/13 08:38 AM)

#3130497 - 01/19/13 08:39 AM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Kimber45]
statelineRUT
10 Point

Loc: Michie, TN

Love my new 19!! Just put a CT laser on about 15 minutes ago... Will be shooting tomorrow

Beautiful!

#3130537 - 01/19/13 09:16 AM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: TNRazorback]
Kimberman
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

The only auto handguns I have owned that were 100% reliable with a ton of rounds run through them, were my Sig 220s. My Glock 17 would occasionally jam, more than any auto pistol I have ever owned. My 1st Kimber Custom 2 had some jams in its break in period, but was 100% after it was broken in. My current Kimber is 100% so far. My XD 40 had 1 FTF in its break in period. My M&P is 100% so far, but I've only put 200 rounds or so through it. Personally I have no use for a Glock. The grip angle does not work for me, and it shoots high for me when point shooting. Most people shoot their Glocks at the range, slow fired and using sights, and they think that their Glocks shoot just fine for them, mine did when I use sights. But drawing from leather and instinctively point shooting one, it shoots about a foot high @ 10 yards for me. If you haven't tried to shoot your Glock without aiming it, you may find a chink in your Glock armor

#3130573 - 01/19/13 09:46 AM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: TNRazorback]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

Never had a glock issue. I can say this any gun will not cycle properly if is not maintained properly.
#3130587 - 01/19/13 09:55 AM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: REM7]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Browning Hi-Power, 100% reliable.

#3130606 - 01/19/13 10:16 AM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
TAFKAP
14 Point

HHMMM! I see the Glock crowd gets butt hurt faster than the Mathews bow crowd! Would have never expected that one! I had no point to make with the first post. I was just joking around and poking a little fun at the die hard Glock guys but I guess ya'll are too sensitive about your toys to see that. I don't want to hurt ya'lls little feelings so here is a new statement for you. " Glocks are the best weapon made! They will stop everything from a June bug to a Freight train with one shot and never fail or have a malfunction! Every living creature falls to its knees and weeps at the mere sight of anything with the Glock name on it. Including key rings and coffee mugs! The Glock is the Excalibur of guns while everything else is more like a tater peeler! There is only one true manly handgun and it's the ALMIGHTY GLOCK!" There you go now the short guys are 6 ft tall, the skinny guys are 200lbs and rippling with muscle, and all other types of little man complex should be fixed! All seems right in the world now!

Nobody's butthurt but you.....seems like someone needs to work on their grasp of sarcasm ;\)

#3130615 - 01/19/13 10:24 AM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
Mossy Oak
8 Point

Loc: Montgomery Co.

Wow, the only person getting worked up in this thread is you, and you are the one that started the thread. You seriously may want to relax before you have an aneurysm.

Team Release and Catch Bowfishing

http://www.dirtnapgear.com/

#3130619 - 01/19/13 10:26 AM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: gcl14]
Trapper John
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: La Vergne,TN/Decaturville, TN

Originally Posted By: gcl14
Childish original post, more childish second response

This.

And I'm willing to bet this story was created just to make this thread in an attempt to start something. Or at the very least he rushed home giggling because he had internet forum fodder.

#3130621 - 01/19/13 10:27 AM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Kimber45]
W.Seay
14 Point

Loc: Collierville,TN.

Great post!!!!!

#3130637 - 01/19/13 10:50 AM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: W.Seay]
JSassassin
8 Point

Loc: white bluff

Love my glock 23. Wish my 27 would hurry up and get here. Been on order since dec. 31

#3130660 - 01/19/13 11:14 AM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: W.Seay]
TNRazorback
6 Point

This thread was obviously started to disparage and dissuade folks away from the noted manufacturer. Hasn't quite worked out. Similarly, Obama's tactics have done more to put money in the coffers of gun manufacturers than the NRA ever could.
#3130741 - 01/19/13 12:55 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: TNRazorback]
Hardwoodmaterials
6 Point

I admit it was a conspiracy against Glock! HAHA You Glock guys are nuts! It happened and I just poked a little fun at them and the Glock owners came running to the rescue just like I knew they would! Just look I got 6 pages of replies over 1 gun failure! I don't care what anyone shoots. My buddy shoots a Glock and it seems fine with only the occasional jam. But then again I have never seen a crowd crow about how their brand is the ONLY brand worth looking at like the Glock crowd does. Thats what makes their failures funny. I might own a Glock one day but it will be when they make a reliable handgun!
#3130745 - 01/19/13 01:02 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

I admit it was a conspiracy against Glock! HAHA You Glock guys are nuts! It happened and I just poked a little fun at them and the Glock owners came running to the rescue just like I knew they would! Just look I got 6 pages of replies over 1 gun failure! I don't care what anyone shoots. My buddy shoots a Glock and it seems fine with only the occasional jam. But then again I have never seen a crowd crow about how their brand is the ONLY brand worth looking at like the Glock crowd does. Thats what makes their failures funny. I might own a Glock one day but it will be when they make a reliable handgun!

#3130793 - 01/19/13 02:02 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: Hardwoodmaterials]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Actually, I note a number of non-Glock owners....such as myself. I've seen every brand of semi-automatic FTE. Numerous people have logically explained it, and are calling you out for being full of crap...not rabidly defending Glock.

#3131003 - 01/19/13 06:14 PM Re: A Glock failure! [Re: BARhunter]
Hatchee
6 Point

Loc: West Tennessee

Originally Posted By: BARhunter

So, exactly what is your point? It seems to me you are just trying to find someone to argue with. I'm a certified Glock amorer, a certified Glock Instructor, and a certified law enforcement officer with 24 Years of experience. For seventeen years the agency I work for has carried Glock, Model 22 handguns. There is a lot of reasons we chose to go with Glock as the weapon of choice for our agency. I can tell you we chose them for their reliability and their durability. During all of my years handling a Glock and instructing others, I have seen the same problems you spoke of in your original post but every single time I saw those problems I was able to directly relate the problem to some type of shooter error. Not a single problem or malfunction was due to a problem with the gun. Yes, there were many malfunctions during those years on the range, but none were due to any problem with the Glock pistol. Even though you obviously don't
like Glocks, you will not change other people's minds going about the way you
have chosen. So, again I ask you, what is your point? You've made a point but I seriously doubt it was the point you intended to make!

I gotta go with BARhunter on this one. My experience mirrors his except that I only have 22 years experience. I have been fortunate lately to shoot with some better shooters that me and a lot of them shoot the M&P. I got to shoot one and LOVED it. Very natural point of aim for me. Funny thing is last class I went to (not weekend wannabes but professional's that shoot for a living) about a quarter of the class shot Glocks, a quarter M&P's and and the rest was a large unit that shot Sig 226's. I don't remember anyone having anything other than ammo related malfunctions in two weeks. Now, if I had my druthers, I'd carry my Sig 220. I carried it the entire time I was full time SWAT. Looked up the number one time and it was made in 1974. Says BROWNING Morgan Utah on one side of the slide and Sig Sauer made in W. Germany on the other. That was before Sig started importing them in the U.S. That is one of two guns that I truly love and don't intend to leave to anyone...I want them buried with me! What's my point? Heck I forgot I rambled so much. I guess the only point was your head Hardwood. By the way you never told us how you did in the class with your Hi Point!

Page all of 6 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
162 registered (Moonman, Matador, Harvester, Ahuntin1, mjac, 280longshot, 17 invisible) and 196 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91458 Topics
1069191 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.047 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.