Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3129501 - 01/18/13 11:47 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Yotekiller011]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Yotekiller011
Its disappointing to see so many fellow sportsman so anti law enforcement. Law enforcement need to better armed than the thugs. Sorry guys, but you go out and walk a beat and confront a bad guy with just a 40 cal. glock. These thugs arm to the teeth. Just like our military everyone likes to run that mouth and criticize but few want to go fight for our rights. Put on that badge or flack jacket. Until you do, Just a thank you will do, and just set on your behinds and soak up the freedom we've provide.

freedom is provided by military not cops. big difference in the two. huge difference

#3129504 - 01/18/13 11:52 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: gator-n-buck]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

Gator I know what you are saying and my comment was to yote thinking because we make comments about having retired officers not given special benefits on gun ownership. But if you look at independent contractor for the police force that may be a retired military police and a one that is a retired nypd. The job should dictate what they can carry not just because they are retired NYPD.

The problem is the first thing you said. "I don't write laws" the fact that people who don't have the common sense write them and we have to live by them. I would probably trust you to come up with a better law then the knee jerk legislatures. If anyone really wants to get a good laugh and get angry at the same time you can watch the legislation be debated online now they will be in session late this month and for the next 4 mths.

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/livevideo/

#3129505 - 01/18/13 11:52 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Yotekiller011]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Its disappointing to see so many fellow sportsman so anti law enforcement. Law enforcement need to better armed than the thugs. Sorry guys, but you go out and walk a beat and confront a bad guy with just a 40 cal. glock. These thugs arm to the teeth. Just like our military everyone likes to run that mouth and criticize but few want to go fight for our rights. Put on that badge or flack jacket. Until you do, Just a thank you will do, and just set on your behinds and soak up the freedom we've provide.

You make the point precisely. I dont read any Anti-LEO sentiment in any of these posts, none! The problem is with the Govt. passing elitist laws that assist thugs in continuing to be armed to the teeth while law abiding citizens are carrying 7 rounds? Really? I have put on that flak jacket, carried that weapon and faced a well armed enemy. I have fought in urban combat and I do not think gun laws should be written to limit the capacity of my personal defense. I agree one hundred percent that LEO should have what ever they feel the need to do their job, in the same breath..So do I! An LEO and his or her protection is no more important than mine and my families, that sentiment goes deep!

John 15:13

#3129517 - 01/18/13 11:59 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Unicam]
TNGunsmoke
8 Point

Loc: Jackson,TN

I agree with ya Unicam, if its good enough for the police, why is it not good enough for me, the average law abiding citizen? We already know the crooks aren't gonna obey the law.

#3129522 - 01/18/13 12:01 PM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: gator-n-buck]
Yotekiller011
4 Point

Loc: Sevierville

Thanks Bruce, Just irritating to hear some, and of course not all on this forum of law bidding citizen criticize LEO.
#3129524 - 01/18/13 12:01 PM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Unicam]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

My opinion- the stupid knee-jerk reaction bill never should have seen the light of day. It was poorly written and passed without anyone paying attention to the flaws in it. The whole thing is bs.

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3129529 - 01/18/13 12:05 PM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Bowdacious]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Originally Posted By: Bowdacious
My opinion- the stupid knee-jerk reaction bill never should have seen the light of day. It was poorly written and passed without anyone paying attention to the flaws in it. The whole thing is bs.

Well put!

John 15:13

#3129531 - 01/18/13 12:05 PM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: redblood]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

Originally Posted By: redblood

freedom is provided by military not cops. big difference in the two. huge difference

You might one to take this up on the Webters' forum. Here's how ole Webster defines FREEDOM and I believe LEO provides this within our borders

: the quality or state of being free: as

a: the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action

b: liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power of another : independence

c: the quality or state of being exempt or released usually from something onerous

d: ease, facility

e: the quality of being frank, open, or outspoken

f: improper familiarity

g: boldness of conception or execution

h: unrestricted use

a: a political right

#3129540 - 01/18/13 12:12 PM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Bowdacious]
Yotekiller011
4 Point

Loc: Sevierville

I agree with you. I don't want any law to violate my 2nd amendent right. But why would people care about this guy trying to help
LEO.

#3129543 - 01/18/13 12:14 PM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Unicam]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

Originally Posted By: Unicam

You make the point precisely. I dont read any Anti-LEO sentiment in any of these posts, none!

You must of missed the first page...... \:\) I have learned over the years just to smile and help give the right answer. I never promised that everybody would like it..... \:\)

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
74 registered (feathersandfur2214, Master Chief, chip, old guy, biglefty20, bassybuck47, 6 invisible) and 103 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91468 Topics
1069295 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.