Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3129389 - 01/18/13 10:06 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: KPH]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

No, more like just politics as usual.

Little different than Obama exempting his union buddies from ObamaCare.

But you are correct in that little is changing for the criminals other than they are gaining yet more advantage over the law-abiding citizen with New York's political follies.

#3129414 - 01/18/13 10:37 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Wes Parrish]
Yotekiller011
4 Point

Loc: Sevierville

Its disappointing to see so many fellow sportsman so anti law enforcement. Law enforcement need to better armed than the thugs. Sorry guys, but you go out and walk a beat and confront a bad guy with just a 40 cal. glock. These thugs arm to the teeth. Just like our military everyone likes to run that mouth and criticize but few want to go fight for our rights. Put on that badge or flack jacket. Until you do, Just a thank you will do, and just set on your behinds and soak up the freedom we've provide.
#3129421 - 01/18/13 10:42 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Yotekiller011]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Yotekiller011
Law enforcement need to better armed than the thugs. Sorry guys, but you go out and walk a beat and confront a bad guy with just a 40 cal. glock.

I believe you are missing the point. The point is, criminals will have expanded capacity regardless of the laws. LEO are not getting screwed in this. In fact, this change will not effect law enforcement one bit outside of the mundane task of counting bullets in magazines. This law effects ordinary, law abiding citizens.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3129423 - 01/18/13 10:46 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Yotekiller011]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Its disappointing to see so many fellow sportsman so anti law enforcement.

Most of my fellow sportsmen are very pro law enforcement, and many of them are one of the same.

But we realize that most often it's our law enforcement officers that can only show up AFTER the crime rather than to protect us from a crime. We need to be able to protect ourselves against criminals, whether we wear a badge or just happen to be some lowly citizen. We're in this together and shouldn't be divided by politicians and other groups for their political and/or other empowerments at our expense.

#3129434 - 01/18/13 10:58 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Yotekiller011]
Fence Post
TnDeer Old Timer
10 Point

Loc: Bluff City,Tn. USA

Its disappointing to see so many fellow sportsman so anti law enforcement. Law enforcement need to better armed than the thugs. Sorry guys, but you go out and walk a beat and confront a bad guy with just a 40 cal. glock. These thugs arm to the teeth. Just like our military everyone likes to run that mouth and criticize but few want to go fight for our rights. Put on that badge or flack jacket. Until you do, Just a thank you will do, and just set on your behinds and soak up the freedom we've provide.

I am by no means anti-LEO.I am all for an officer,ON DUTY,being armed with the best that can be provided.
Off duty, I and my family are as much a target as the LEO due to my work.Six rounds and CCW should be good enough for us both.
And I know of a few nice home armories.

#3129436 - 01/18/13 11:00 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Wes Parrish]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

Yote you can not be more further from the truth if I had my way the police would be doubled and armed with the largest hi tec weapons available. I also would build larger not so nice prisons and through the garbage in and let them kill each other. Bring back hard labor prisons. But the fact is if you limit a non police officer to type of gun/clip then any retired police should be the same. RETIRED is the key word. If I am retired navy seal can I walk around with a hand grenade?
#3129459 - 01/18/13 11:17 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: waynesworld]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

The big question I have I what law protects Officers?

none

The only thing that protects officers is the gun they carry, armor they ware, fellow officers, and law abiding concerned citizens.

In the same aspect what gun law protects law abiding citizens?

None again

so unless we can afford a honest officer on every corner we should be defending each other.

#3129475 - 01/18/13 11:31 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Yotekiller011]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

I'm not anti-LEO. I want to know what "police powers" we are talking about for retired cops. My sister-in-law's father is a retired Captain of the Kentucky State Police and if there's anybody who should still have his "police powers" it's him.

As for the New York law, it's 100% WRONG!! With the amendment they are putting in it helps both the police AND the criminals but NOT the law adibing American people. That is wrong. The law SHOULD help the police AND the law adibing American citizen.

#3129493 - 01/18/13 11:40 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: waynesworld]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
16 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

Originally Posted By: waynesworld
Yote you can not be more further from the truth if I had my way the police would be doubled and armed with the largest hi tec weapons available. I also would build larger not so nice prisons and through the garbage in and let them kill each other. Bring back hard labor prisons. But the fact is if you limit a non police officer to type of gun/clip then any retired police should be the same. RETIRED is the key word. If I am retired navy seal can I walk around with a hand grenade?

Remember that I don't write laws or live in NY. I just answered the question and kept it simple. I'm sure the person that asked the question wanted someone with knowledge in the field to rely.

Keep in mind that a lot of retired officers in these jurisdictions become independent contractors for the same jurisdiction they once worked for. These jobs we are talking about could range from school resource officers, court bailiffs, and several other jobs within these depts.

This is a win, win for both parties involved. The dept. doesn't have to pay to train a new officer and will not have to pay certain benefits. The retired officer needs another job after retirement and can draw two checks.

Keep in mind that a lot of these officers in big cities retire after 20 yrs of service. That leaves a lot of them being in their early to mid 40s.

Like I said.... Don't kill the messenger.

Edited by gator-n-buck (01/18/13 11:42 AM)

#3129500 - 01/18/13 11:44 AM Re: NY Gun Law, as written, applies to LEOs [Re: Wildcat]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
16 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

I'm not anti-LEO. I want to know what "police powers" we are talking about for retired cops. My sister-in-law's father is a retired Captain of the Kentucky State Police and if there's anybody who should still have his "police powers" it's him.

As for the New York law, it's 100% WRONG!! With the amendment they are putting in it helps both the police AND the criminals but NOT the law adibing American people. That is wrong. The law SHOULD help the police AND the law adibing American citizen.

Please read my last post. Keep in mind that normally this occurs in big cities for the reasons I posted. Hope this helps.

Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Fish N Hunt, bowednlazy, ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger
13295 Registered Users
Who's Online
11 registered (FrontierGander, deerhunter10, Roost 1, Master Chief, B&C chaser, TRIGGER, 1 invisible) and 100 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13295 Members
42 Forums
85655 Topics
1035060 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.454 seconds in which 0.24 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.