Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3128120 - 01/17/13 10:34 AM Can Vegans Stomach Quinoa?
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jan/16/vegans-stomach-unpalatable-truth-quinoa

Activists vegans love to cite environmental impacts of consuming meat, yet often forget the impacts of their own diets which are often shipped in from far away places and have significant impacts on local economies. By over driving the demand for grain from Bolivia and asparagus from Peru, they have effectively (and singlehandedly) caused over farming, depletion of water sources, destruction of rain forests, driven the local price of grain higher than chicken and caused the locals to switch to fast food diets which are cheaper than they food they grow to export to the US and Europe to feed "luxury" diets.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3128136 - 01/17/13 10:47 AM Re: Can Vegans Stomach Quinoa? [Re: Poser]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

Loc: Andersonville, TN

I don't trust anybody who doesn't eat meat.

PERIOD.

#3128147 - 01/17/13 10:54 AM Re: Can Vegans Stomach Quinoa? [Re: ratsnakeboogy]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Loc: TN

Yes but their non-meat stance makes them FEEEEEEEELLLLL so good about themselves and the planet.

Suckers!

#3128178 - 01/17/13 11:10 AM Re: Can Vegans Stomach Quinoa? [Re: ratsnakeboogy]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

I don't like that stuff anyway.....they can keep it.

#3128197 - 01/17/13 11:19 AM Re: Can Vegans Stomach Quinoa? [Re: ratsnakeboogy]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: ratsnakeboogy

PERIOD.

I'd think that's a bit of a overstatement. At some point, you'd have to make the distinction between someone who chooses not to eat meat and someone who is a activist about it. I have several friends who are vegan. One of them even borrowed some venison to make chili for their family.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3128218 - 01/17/13 11:28 AM Re: Can Vegans Stomach Quinoa? [Re: Poser]
WMAn
8 Point

Loc: Williamson County

Originally Posted By: Poser
 Originally Posted By: ratsnakeboogy

PERIOD.

I'd think that's a bit of a overstatement. At some point, you'd have to make the distinction between someone who chooses not to eat meat and someone who is a activist about it. I have several friends who are vegan. One of them even borrowed some venison to make chili for their family.

Couldn't agree more. I'm always interested in talking to vegetarians. One I want to know their reasons because I'm always interested in why people eat what they do. Second if they are a good cook they will be better at cooking veggies than me, and I want their secrets.

With regards to reasons, my favorite is my brother-in-laws girlfriend. She tried it once but went back to eating meat. Then she watched the movie Babe and talking farm animals turned her into a vegetarian. \:D

She'll starve if she ever watches veggie tales!

#3128222 - 01/17/13 11:30 AM Re: Can Vegans Stomach Quinoa? [Re: Poser]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

True, Poser. One of my best friends is a vegan. He's not militiant about, it though. He knows I hunt and eat meat. We just don't discuss it. It's not that important.

His vegan double chocolate chip cookies are the bomb! \:\)

#3128246 - 01/17/13 11:43 AM Re: Can Vegans Stomach Quinoa? [Re: Poser]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Originally Posted By: Poser
...At some point, you'd have to make the distinction between someone who chooses not to eat meat and someone who is a activist about it. I have several friends who are vegan. One of them even borrowed some venison to make chili for their family.

My sister in-law is a "vegetarian". She will not eat commercial meat due to her concerns of the slaughtering process and the sanitation and health issues surrounding meat injected with hormones and this and that. She will, however, eat fresh fish, venison (in small amounts) because my brother and I process our own, and farm fresh chicken (in small amounts). Someone with her position I can sort of respect vs the tree hugging/save the world one animal at a time type.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (buckarewhohayackhack) and 51 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.005 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.