Tndeer Logo

Page 7 of 13 « First<56789>Last »
Topic Options
#3128056 - 01/17/13 09:45 AM Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend [Re: Diehard Hunter]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter
Hoax my eye. It was a publicity ploy that is blowing up in his face.

Yep and it's getting worse by the day now that it's out.

The guy is a fake and is trying to come up with another story to get out of the first one.

#3128068 - 01/17/13 09:53 AM Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend [Re: Wildcat]
eightpointer
14 Point

Loc: Birchwood, TN

You nor any of us know him or anyone involved personally and can say it was a hoax he knew about.
#3128072 - 01/17/13 09:58 AM Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend [Re: beachguy]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

content Online
 Originally Posted By: beachguy
 Originally Posted By: Vermin93
This scandal may at least partially explain why he stunk it up on the field Miami.

Nah, he just flat out got his butt whipped by the back 2 back NATIONAL CHAMPS

SEC SEC SEC SEC

X2

This is one of the weirdest stories I have ever heard.
He perpetuated the story on CBS the day of the NC Game. AFTER the school knew it was a hoax!

#3128083 - 01/17/13 10:07 AM Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend [Re: BamaProud]
eightpointer
14 Point

Loc: Birchwood, TN

As big a fan of ND as I am...this is no excuse for the NC game result. He just outright SUCKED and they were just outplayed. Man...that hurt.....
#3128084 - 01/17/13 10:09 AM Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend [Re: BamaProud]
ChippewaPartners
10 Point

Loc: Pamelot, my farm near Catoosa

I haven't traded against Samoans so I don't know categorically if they are bright or not but this kid is making a Notre Dame education look rather cheesy.

Why would anyone draft this guy? He can't make a tackle in big college games why would they think he can tackle in the NFL?

The distraction around this kid is amazing. It appears there is only the Super Bowl left to play.

#3128106 - 01/17/13 10:28 AM Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Rob R.
12 Point

Loc: Collierville TN.

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
 Originally Posted By: ratsnakeboogy
I don't know what the heck is going on with this, but I do have one question:

If I'm a Heisman candidate with NFL prospects, why in the Sam Hill would I need to be in an ONLINE RELATIONSHIP?

I'm pretty sure I would have to call the cops every night to remove naked playboy bunnies from my dorm room, and beat the other CO-EDS off with a stick!

Further more if I'm that person I'm quite confident I could just put all the Cheerleaders'(female) names in a hat and draw out one or two every night.

This makes no sense to me.

I'm with ya!

As am I. This should get real interesting before its all over.

Patron Member of the National Rifle Association Of America

#3128117 - 01/17/13 10:31 AM Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend [Re: ChippewaPartners]
huntintn
8 Point

Loc: savannah,TN

content Online
ok, lets just say your a college football star. You have to make up a on-line girlfriend to keep the ladies away. Why would any male of this age not want ladies around.................and we tought Lance was covering something up.

#3128128 - 01/17/13 10:40 AM Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend [Re: huntintn]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

these facts amaze me......true facts.

He claims to love a woman he never met, not even saw her via Skype or anthing like that....

A three year relationship that included her being almost killed in a car crash, but survived, he never went to see her.

She was diagnosed with Leukemia, he never went to see her.

She died and he didn't go to the funeral......

Not one time, through all this LOVE over the phone and internet, he never once met her in person, or even skyped with her...a very common thing these days....

Now, if I am in love with someone that I have never met, I'd probably want to meet them , especially if they are recovering from a car crash or fighting cancer......

Also, there is no record of a car crash , a funeral or medical records of a girl by this name....

This is the most puzzling thing I have ever heard....

He is either the biggest liar in the world, next to Lance Armstrong, of course, or he is the stupidest person I have ever heard of.....

We may never know the TRUTH.....

Truth seems to always be on the back burner these days....

jmo

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3128142 - 01/17/13 10:50 AM Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

content Online
As far as whether Teo did anything wrong or not, I think the deciding factor is once he told ND about the whole thing on December 26th, he and the school had the opportunity to tell the world what happened. They made a business decision to keep the story going. To even contemplate waiting until after the BCS game or maybe never mentioning it again goes to another level of deceit that can't be heaped upon Teo alone.

From a personal standpoint, there are stories all the time about weird relationships centered around the internet, so I suppose it isn't new, just more public due to the celebrity of the parties involved. Seems like we never hear about any of them except the train wrecks. I'd say this qualifies.

#3128143 - 01/17/13 10:50 AM Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend [Re: eightpointer]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: eightpointer
You nor any of us know him or anyone involved personally and can say it was a hoax he knew about.

Te'o himself said he first "met" her face to face when after a game " he extend his hand to the stranger with a warm smile and soulful eyes." Te'os words.

Teo's father told ESPN she "came to Hawaii". Teo's father's words.

Sorry but nobody can talk their way out of that.

He was a "GREAT" football player and did good.

But I think the story was set up to help him get "certain votes" for a "certain football trophy". When it came out wrong then is when they all tried to backpedal with a different story blaming others.

Page 7 of 13 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Afleming17, 260rem, Hunter244, Woodsmaster, Tennessee Skeeter
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
118 registered (Hangnail, monsterbuck07, Diesel81, wildlifelover, ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER, huntintn, 13 invisible) and 168 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
85122 Topics
1028648 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.82 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.