Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#3127608 - 01/16/13 09:37 PM Re: gander mountain can shove it [Re: tickweed]
mossyhorns300
10 Point

Loc: memphis, tn & savannah, tn

Originally Posted By: tickweed
Ganders a joke. However, if Chris is still working part time, then hes as avid as they come. He knows tons about archery and guns. However, as stated before, you would be better off to go to Michie, see Mike Ashe. The best in my opinion in west Tn.I'll ride up with you if you want to some day.

I agree! I drive 2 hours from Memphis for Mike and Don to work on my equipment. My inlaws are from the area and he turned me on to them and its who I bought my first bow from and that's the only place I go now. Heck, I enjoy going up and just shooting the bull when we're in town.

Pretty women make us buy beer...........Ugly women make us drink beer!

#3127611 - 01/16/13 09:40 PM Re: gander mountain can shove it [Re: tickweed]
easy45
Non-Typical

Loc: Chester County

Originally Posted By: tickweed
Ganders a joke. However, if Chris is still working part time, then hes as avid as they come. He knows tons about archery and guns. However, as stated before, you would be better off to go to Michie, see Mike Ashe. The best in my opinion in west Tn.I'll ride up with you if you want to some day.

He will be my next stop, might take you up on that

#3127733 - 01/16/13 11:42 PM Re: gander mountain can shove it [Re: easy45]
rockytopcop
4 Point

Loc: Knoxville, Tn

Gander in Knoxville has become my last resort for anything...TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I have had two very bad experiences there in less than a year... wanted to buy some stick ladders back before archery season took me 25 minutes to get help and when I did the 19 year old kid that tried to help me obviously had never used a treestand from the look he gave me when I asked about the stick ladders, they refused to open a box for me so that I could see how the straps fastened even after talking to the acting manager which looked like he should be working at starbucks instead of Gander Mountain.... Then a couple weeks ago my father wanted to purchase a new muzzle loader..after taking a number and waiting 45 minutes to get help...once again I drew the short straw and got another 19 year old kid that told me he didn't have a Bone Collector in stock when it was on the shelf right in front of him... and on top of that he didn't know jack about the gun, The gun had obviously been there awhile due to the fading on the sticker and was the only one they had in stock so I asked him if he cared to get the box so we could check to insure all the accessories and so forth were there and he replied, "I would have to go all the way to the back for that", at this point I have figured out he has licked a lot of windows but I asked him politely to get the box and low and behold he came back with an empty box, no accessories, warranty paperwork or anything. He tried to convince us that it did not come with anything other that the foam packaging so we handed him back the gun and purchased the same gun at Academy complete with accessories and warranty paperwork. I also purchased 3 sets of the stick ladders there as well.
#3127766 - 01/17/13 01:10 AM Re: gander mountain can shove it [Re: rockytopcop]
birddog
12 Point

Loc: Seymour, TN

Originally Posted By: rockytopcop
Gander in Knoxville has become my last resort for anything...TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I have had two very bad experiences there in less than a year... wanted to buy some stick ladders back before archery season took me 25 minutes to get help and when I did the 19 year old kid that tried to help me obviously had never used a treestand from the look he gave me when I asked about the stick ladders, they refused to open a box for me so that I could see how the straps fastened even after talking to the acting manager which looked like he should be working at starbucks instead of Gander Mountain.... Then a couple weeks ago my father wanted to purchase a new muzzle loader..after taking a number and waiting 45 minutes to get help...once again I drew the short straw and got another 19 year old kid that told me he didn't have a Bone Collector in stock when it was on the shelf right in front of him... and on top of that he didn't know jack about the gun, The gun had obviously been there awhile due to the fading on the sticker and was the only one they had in stock so I asked him if he cared to get the box so we could check to insure all the accessories and so forth were there and he replied, "I would have to go all the way to the back for that", at this point I have figured out he has licked a lot of windows but I asked him politely to get the box and low and behold he came back with an empty box, no accessories, warranty paperwork or anything. He tried to convince us that it did not come with anything other that the foam packaging so we handed him back the gun and purchased the same gun at Academy complete with accessories and warranty paperwork. I also purchased 3 sets of the stick ladders there as well.

So your the one that bought up all the ladder sticks down there.

#3127776 - 01/17/13 04:04 AM Re: gander mountain can shove it [Re: Nimrod777]
tnbowhunter3
4 Point

Loc: jackson,tn

Go to CUSTOM GEAR in Michie....u will b happy.
#3127834 - 01/17/13 06:10 AM Re: gander mountain can shove it [Re: Sako]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

gander in jackson is not a good store.....imo.

BPS in memphis is like walking in a closet, it's so full of merchandise it's hard to walk around. they have lots of people working there as well.....

Not the best selections either.......I normally shop online for clothing and most items other than weapons.

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3127844 - 01/17/13 06:27 AM Re: gander mountain can shove it [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

I've had great luck at the Jackson Gander Mountain..

One thing I do, as a rule, anywhere I'm epecting service that could take a sales person 15+ minutes of dealing with "just me" is to call ahead and make sure that specialty person is available.

This time of year - lots of colds/flu going on so anywhere you have multiple employees you'll intermitent employee vacancy due to illness etc.

#3127846 - 01/17/13 06:28 AM Re: gander mountain can shove it [Re: Kimber45]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

One thing I will add is that Gander is mighty expensive on most things so I normally go in for sale items only and have called to make sure they have what I'm after before going - OR I'm just window shopping \:\)

#3127939 - 01/17/13 08:05 AM Re: gander mountain can shove it [Re: Unicam]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

I had quite a few issues with Gander Mountain.

I bought and paid for a ghillie suit in store in KY.
They gave me slip to fill out so as soon as a truck came in they would call me, I would drive back to KY from Hendersonville to pick up my ghillie suit...
3 months later and fighting with corporate they said "Sorry for the inconvience next time your in ask for the manager and he'll give you up to 10% on your next purchase (that does not include firearms , crossbows, or compound bows)
Like i'm going to drive all the way to KY again just to get 10% off when I would burn 20x the gas.

#3127972 - 01/17/13 08:27 AM Re: gander mountain can shove it [Re: Unicam]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

Loc: Dyersburg,Tn.

I can't afford their prices.
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (WG Taxidermist, N2deer) and 53 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.008 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.