Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3126838 - 01/16/13 02:25 PM Hope for peace.
Outdoor life
6 Point

Loc: Jackson Co. TN

I must have more faith in the military and police force than many others. The guns we currently own are NOT going anywhere. I have a hard time believing that our military/police will come knocking door to door asking us to get rid of our guns.....they know right from wrong.
I will say that banning the number of rounds to 10 does no good at all anyway, I thought that was already proven in the ban of '94.
I am for stronger background checks, cause felons out of jail will lie to try to get a gun, and that's when they try the private market.
Before anyone jumps down my throat, yes I am a gun owner and yes I do wish they would get rid of gun free zones, since all that brings in is criminals with guns.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody"

#3126858 - 01/16/13 02:38 PM Re: Hope for peace. [Re: Outdoor life]
Still-n-Quiet
10 Point

Loc: San Antonio, TX

Originally Posted By: Outdoor life
I must have more faith in the military and police force than many others. The guns we currently own are NOT going anywhere. I have a hard time believing that our military/police will come knocking door to door asking us to get rid of our guns.....they know right from wrong.

Firstly, welcome to the political board!

City police definitely don't care about the Constitution; just following orders. I know this from years of living in the big city (a necessary evil that comes with my profession). I am not sure about the military. How many military careers have been cut short because of not following a seemingly illegal order?
I think they, for the most part, will just follow orders.

I will say that banning the number of rounds to 10 does no good at all anyway, I thought that was already proven in the ban of '94.

Totally agree.

By the way, the standard claw hammer killed more people last year than the "assault" rifle.

I am for stronger background checks, cause felons out of jail will lie to try to get a gun, and that's when they try the private market.

I disagree here, strongly! Criminals are, after all, criminals. Obtaining a firearm through illegal means is what they do. Background checks only slow and deter legal owners.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, yes I am a gun owner and yes I do wish they would get rid of gun free zones, since all that brings in is criminals with guns.

Yep. Never heard of a mass shooting at an NRA Convention. Or a gun range. Or a gun show. Doesn't happen. Only happens where the criminal knows he will meet the least resistance; i.e. "Gun Free Zones"!

Searching for the elusive "Moderate" liberal and "Moderate" Muslim. Maybe they are hiding together...

Μολων λαβε

#3126894 - 01/16/13 03:01 PM Re: Hope for peace. [Re: Still-n-Quiet]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

I would like to see the background checks change to more like if you have a CCP then you do not need a check just have a way for the permits to be verified. Of course that would increase the number of CCP which would be good then that would put more fear into the criminals not to know who carries and who just has one to buy sportsman guns.

As far as will the local LEO come knocking on our door for our guns I would bet that depends where you live. If you live in the big city I would bet they will if you are out in the eastern hills Comeon, your all cousins out there right \:\) It would be a lot like the enforcement of Prohibition.

#3126916 - 01/16/13 03:16 PM Re: Hope for peace. [Re: waynesworld]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

I got background check even with A CCP

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3127024 - 01/16/13 04:24 PM Re: Hope for peace. [Re: Stalkhunter]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Loc: Jackson Co. TN

Still-n-quiet, first off thank you for the welcome.
Now I have to say, I've grown and raised in a small community, where you get know basically everyone, so our police (ones here anyway) would just look the other way, I'm fairly sure. As for the military, I still have a hard time believing they would take the guns of their own people, and I pray that never changes. BUT if they do, I have many hammers around the house haha.

And yes, criminals are criminals, but the background check system does work somewhat, cause they do turn away people now and then from buying a gun. Nothing is stopping them from breaking in your house to take yours unless you have your gun ready or in a very good safe. Those criminals will try to find the easiest way to get a gun, and if someone is selling them on the street corner or in their car port without conducting background checks, that is where the criminal will try to go. Also, myself, anyway, I have no problem waiting for my gun, cause I still get it in the long run.

And yep waynesworld, if you already have a CCP, then it's probably a given that you are legal to own a gun.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody"

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
kiplrrp, MudIslandMemphis, bcole0305, Browningbelgium7, cw308
13555 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (mossyoakmantn, tn droptine, harley 2008, KubotaM4900, bull, SAR Swimmer, 1 invisible) and 55 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13555 Members
42 Forums
99439 Topics
1169775 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.041 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.