Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3126498 - 01/16/13 11:36 AM While the White House wants to ban our Semi-Autos
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

This is going on in Tampa within 200 feet of an Elementary School by convicted felons:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/bay...uns_drugs_.html

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY --

Hillsborough County detectives have arrested 10 people for allegedly using a consignment shop as a storefront to sell assault weapons and drugs.

According to detectives, the suspects conducted the illegal transactions directly across the street from Gibsonton Elementary School.

After getting a tip about drugs at the shop, undercover detectives launched Operation Ceasefire.

They brought in hidden cameras as they made gun and drug buys at a consignment shop off of Gibsonton Drive. Over a six-month period, authorities say they were able to buy 34 firearms, 49 silencers and a variety of illegal drugs.

Parents and neighbors near Gibsonton Elementary school were caught off guard by the news.

"It's actually extremely surprising," said Rob Fernandez, a parent. "Thank goodness they caught it before it got any more serious."

Detectives say most of the transactions were happening when children had already gone home.

Some residents say they knew something weird was going on around the consignment shop because the store was so busy at odd hours of the day.

Several of those arrested in Operation Ceasefire are convicted felons.

Sheriff David Gee said with the national debate on gun control, the undercover operation is critical.

"With this national gun debate that's going on, I think this proves the point," Sheriff Gee said. "The real problem is the convicted felons that are out there."

Hillsborough detectives are still searching for three others who they say were involved in the illegal sales.

Arrest warrants are out for 49-year-old Michael Allen Fox, 53-year-old Edwina Hampton, and 23-year-old Amberlie Jones.

Hey Washington D.C., here is evidence to support GUN CONTROL ONLY EFFECTS LAW ABIDING CITIZENS.

#3126517 - 01/16/13 11:44 AM Re: While the White House wants to ban our Semi-Autos [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

I like the sheriffs statement "With this national gun debate that's going on, I think this proves the point," Sheriff Gee said. "The real problem is the convicted felons that are out there."

...LEO arrests them and Liberal Judges release them...the cycle continues until someone dies, usually an innocent citizen or an LEO. Felons with a history of violent crimes should never be let back on the street, ever! Locked up every day and made to work manual labor every day. Chain gangs, hard labor, cleaning federal lands, test dummies for whatever needs test dummies for.

John 15:13

#3126528 - 01/16/13 11:49 AM Re: While the White House wants to ban our Semi-Autos [Re: Unicam]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Unicam
I like the sheriffs statement "With this national gun debate that's going on, I think this proves the point," Sheriff Gee said. "The real problem is the convicted felons that are out there."

...LEO arrests them and Liberal Judges release them...the cycle continues until someone dies, usually an innocent citizen or an LEO. Felons with a history of violent crimes should never be let back on the street, ever! Locked up every day and made to work manual labor every day. Chain gangs, hard labor, cleaning federal lands, test dummies for whatever needs test dummies for.

I agree, my Dad was a LEO for Hillsborough County...that was his biggest frustration, he arrested the thugs and the lawyers and judges would just let them out. He had multiple death threats against him and our family and we ended up moving several times because of it.

#3126529 - 01/16/13 11:49 AM Re: While the White House wants to ban our Semi-Autos [Re: Unicam]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

SSS

#3126544 - 01/16/13 11:56 AM Re: While the White House wants to ban our Semi-Autos [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
tasaman
8 Point

Loc: Woodlawn, TN

You'll never hear this presented in a debate by a lefty. Let's see, how would it go. Oh how about this. "We should make more laws because the criminals aren't obeying the ones we have." Makes perfect sense to me.
#3126564 - 01/16/13 12:04 PM Re: While the White House wants to ban our Semi-Autos [Re: tasaman]
Camp David
12 Point

Loc: TN

You have to wonder why it takes 6 months to shut something like that down.

#3126570 - 01/16/13 12:08 PM Re: While the White House wants to ban our Semi-Autos [Re: Camp David]
randy
6 Point

Loc: gibson

It took awhile for all their buddies to get in on the cheap guns.

#3126577 - 01/16/13 12:11 PM Re: While the White House wants to ban our Semi-Autos [Re: Camp David]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Originally Posted By: Camp David

for some, lawyers and the legal system that has been created with so many loopholes it nuts another is sometimes they have to ensure they get all the players and tracking this can be time consuming. I know of several that played out for years.

John 15:13

#3126589 - 01/16/13 12:20 PM Re: While the White House wants to ban our Semi-Autos [Re: Unicam]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Unicam
 Originally Posted By: Camp David

for some, lawyers and the legal system that has been created with so many loopholes it nuts another is sometimes they have to ensure they get all the players and tracking this can be time consuming. I know of several that played out for years.

Exactly, the LEO's have to have a solid case with all bases covered to minimize the risk of dismissal.

#3126609 - 01/16/13 12:29 PM Re: While the White House wants to ban our Semi-Autos [Re: tasaman]
44fanatic
12 Point

Loc: Clarksville, Montgomery Cnty

Originally Posted By: tasaman
You'll never hear this presented in a debate by a lefty. Let's see, how would it go. Oh how about this. "We should make more laws because the criminals aren't obeying the ones we have." Makes perfect sense to me.

Yes you will. They think that if all the guns are removed, there will be no guns to sell illegally. They will conviently forget that once law abiding citizens have turned in their guns that orgainized crime and gangs will still have guns...And if they cant get the guns they want here, fully automatic and more dangerous weapons will come back across the borders with the drugs.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
AirCav!, five by five, Nolsgym, HeaterEngineer, truebowman
13303 Registered Users
Who's Online
117 registered (Dbllunger, REM7, infoman jr., wildlifelover, RAFI, Hunter 257W, 10 invisible) and 172 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13303 Members
42 Forums
93942 Topics
1097259 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.108 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.