Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#3126328 - 01/16/13 10:10 AM Re: Carry Question [Re: arctic_cat]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Originally Posted By: arctic_cat
This really blows my mind how many of yall keep a gun on you while in your home. Do you really think you need one on your hip while sitting on the couch? Does it make you feel like a bigger man or something? You must be the ones that walk around walmart with a big glock on your hip. I mean, what ever floats your boat, your house, your rules but WOW, thats a little extreme IMO.

Dont mind answering the question at all....a few years ago something happened in my home to make me reconsider. I used to keep my weapons handy and "within reach". On this day I was in and out of the house working on a project for my bride and with my dog, my wife and all three of my daughters home I almost lost my the 8 year old daughter to an intruder. I will say this...no its not extreme, not even a little bit...not in my mind. You have your opinion I have mine, and in my world mine is all that matters, as is the same in yours. My carry weapon or weapons are tools, nothing more nothing less and like my phone, pocket knife and wallet, when my belt goes on in the morning my holster, with my weapon in it, goes on too.

Now on to feeling like a bigger man, no not really does your condecending remarks make you feel like a better man? I mean WOW...

John 15:13

#3126333 - 01/16/13 10:15 AM Re: Carry Question [Re: Unicam]
Bobcat
TnDeer Old Timer
10 Point

Loc: Jackson, TN USA

Originally Posted By: Unicam
This really blows my mind how many of yall keep a gun on you while in your home. Do you really think you need one on your hip while sitting on the couch? Does it make you feel like a bigger man or something? You must be the ones that walk around walmart with a big glock on your hip. I mean, what ever floats your boat, your house, your rules but WOW, thats a little extreme IMO.

Dont mind answering the question at all....a few years ago something happened in my home to make me reconsider. I used to keep my weapons handy and "within reach". On this day I was in and out of the house working on a project for my bride and with my dog, my wife and all three of my daughters home I almost lost my the 8 year old daughter to an intruder. I will say this...no its not extreme, not even a little bit...not in my mind. You have your opinion I have mine, and in my world mine is all that matters, as is the same in yours. My carry weapon or weapons are tools, nothing more nothing less and like my phone, pocket knife and wallet, when my belt goes on in the morning my holster, with my weapon in it, goes on too.

Now on to feeling like a bigger man, no not really does your condecending remarks make you feel like a better man? I mean WOW...

X2

Key phrase there, "IMO." You're entitled to yours, Arctic Cat. However, the way you express it leaves a bit to be desired.

#3126338 - 01/16/13 10:21 AM Re: Carry Question [Re: Bobcat]
Mike Belt
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Lakeland, Tn.

one way to find out....

#3126368 - 01/16/13 10:45 AM Re: Carry Question [Re: arctic_cat]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

This is the most ignorant post I've ever read on tndeer, IMO. And that really says a lot.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3126374 - 01/16/13 10:47 AM Re: Carry Question [Re: Mid]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
I actually do not carry inside my home. But, I try to have access in every room.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3126401 - 01/16/13 10:54 AM Re: Carry Question [Re: arctic_cat]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

there have been numerous home invasion robberies in knoxville and surrounding areas. arms reach my be too far away.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3126423 - 01/16/13 11:08 AM Re: Carry Question [Re: Mike Belt]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

Loc: Dyersburg,Tn.

I don't carry at home, I don't ever lock the back door when I am home or away, My wife will lock it sometimes when she is home and I am away, I live in the city I do have a fenced in back yard with two dogs in it. they bark at strangers and sqriuuels and other dogs barking, so I don't jump up every time they bark to see who's outside.

I do keep a shotgun loaded but it's in a closet. all other guns are in my safe. I don't feel threatened in my home so I don't carry in my home or anywhere else for that matter. I have been thinking about getting a CCP but then I think that just lets Obama know I have a gun. Still on the fence on getting one.

I do remember a story a friend told me years ago it happend in or around Brownsville. There was a jail or prison break on the news and the men were suspposedly armed and in the area.

My friends neighbor down the street was grilling out in his yard with his wife, he was carring a hand gun to be safe. the two inmates rounded the corner of his house and took him by suprise as would happen in most cases. when he went for his gun they shot him dead in his yard, kidnapped his wife and took their car.
They were later caught the woman was unharmed, she later told police the man that shot her husband told her while she was being held, That he would not of shot her husband had he not pulled his gun on them.

Unless you treat every person that walks into your yard as a thug and have your gun drawn, more than likely they will have the upper hand on you.
I don't as of yet feel the need to great everyone with a loaded gun. Yes I could be the next victim in the news, I could get struck by lightning, or I could win the lottery, I feel all three are close to the same odds.

I may live in a fairytail but I don't want to live my life greeting everyone that comes to my house with a loaded gun, at least not just yet, maybe by the end of Obama's term but not today.

#3126457 - 01/16/13 11:20 AM Re: Carry Question [Re: Slaughter-06]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

http://www.globalsecurityexperts.com/home-security/crime-prevention-advice/home-invasion-stats.html

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3126482 - 01/16/13 11:29 AM Re: Carry Question [Re: BlackBelt]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Originally Posted By: BlackBelt
No. Don't carry inside the house. I probably should though, because I keep seeing this thuggish, creepy looking guy checking me out every time I pass a mirror.

\:D \:D \:D \:D

Μολων λαβε

#3126483 - 01/16/13 11:29 AM Re: Carry Question [Re: stik]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

Loc: Dyersburg,Tn.

One in every five homes will be burglarized!
Where did they come up with that figure?
and if your lived in that part of town I would carry in my home too!
I have lived in my neighboehood for 14 years now it has over 100 homes in it we don't have a neighborhood watch program but we do keep abreast of what is happening and in contact with our neighbors. there have been a few cars broken into including mine twice but not one home invasion in the 14 years I have lived here.
Not saying it could not happen tomorrow, but one in five homes???

Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
piglet84, Bowfire985, TieCampBuckSlayer, ChuckNorris, Breesor1
13085 Registered Users
Who's Online
15 registered (Hunter 257W, BlountArrow, Daniel n, ntimad8r, beachguy, bull, 1 invisible) and 70 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13085 Members
42 Forums
88247 Topics
1033846 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.225 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.