Topic Options
#3125548 - 01/15/13 07:13 PM Re: Something I did not know. [Re: Camp David]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Camp David
 Originally Posted By: Bowdacious
I guarantee they will be reporting (misdiagnosing) tons of people as having depression.

Depression will be one of the major issues. Hard to believe they will be forcing doctors to disclose this information, but that looks to be how this is going down.

One of our friends went for a check up and was perscribed Cymbalta (sp?). He said the doctor told him he was depressed, even though he didn't think he was. I've never seen any signs whatsoever of depression with him in 20 years, yet this doc decided he was depressed in a single office visit.

Funny how a few years back they started advertising all over the TV these "pills" to fix any thing you might have.... I mean the list of symptoms could fit anybody " Do you get sleepy at night" " Do you ever have sad feelings" CRAZY these adds and they all have warnings that say " some people experience thoughts of suicide after taking this "pill"

Edited by in the dog house! (01/15/13 07:14 PM)

Μολων λαβε

#3125559 - 01/15/13 07:17 PM Re: Something I did not know. [Re: waynesworld]
Camp David
12 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: waynesworld
While I agree that some people with certin mental health issues should not have a gun I think it is a very difficult issue. Who is to determine what issues make it? And the issue of not allowing a person to not have a gun because they have a child with a illness is wrong the person should get some help with how to take safety measures to prevent the children from getting access to the guns.

Interesting take waynesworld. I think we would all agree that the CT shooter's mother was at fault by not keeping the guns under lock and key.

That being said, if you, me or anyone else had a family member with what was determined to have a "mental illness" (and again, who defines that and how).

What if "they" required you to have a secured area for your guns if a family member was "diagnosed" with a mental illness, keeping in mind this could be anything from menapause to depression to seizures, how should that be monitored? Would it be OK as long as they were taking meds?

I say it can't be monitored in a free society and the best means to counteract it would be teaching/awareness.

#3125565 - 01/15/13 07:19 PM Re: Something I did not know. [Re: in the dog house!]
WGK
WILD BILL
12 Point

Loc: loudon

Is a child that has been diagnosed with ADD OR ADHD considered mentally ill.

#3125568 - 01/15/13 07:19 PM Re: Something I did not know. [Re: in the dog house!]
Camp David
12 Point

Originally Posted By: in the dog house!
 Originally Posted By: Bowdacious
I guarantee they will be reporting (misdiagnosing) tons of people as having depression.

Depression will be one of the major issues. Hard to believe they will be forcing doctors to disclose this information, but that looks to be how this is going down.

One of our friends went for a check up and was perscribed Cymbalta (sp?). He said the doctor told him he was depressed, even though he didn't think he was. I've never seen any signs whatsoever of depression with him in 20 years, yet this doc decided he was depressed in a single office visit.

Funny how a few years back they started advertising all over the TV these "pills" to fix any thing you might have.... I mean the list of symptoms could fit anybody " Do you get sleepy at night" " Do you ever have sad feelings" CRAZY these adds and they all have warnings that say " some people experience thoughts of suicide after taking this "pill"

Excellent point. The pill companies would have everyone thinking "crazy" is the new norm. Just like TV.

#3125574 - 01/15/13 07:23 PM Re: Something I did not know. [Re: Camp David]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

Heard this on Becks radio show today.

Welcome to the USS Amerika.

#3125585 - 01/15/13 07:28 PM Re: Something I did not know. [Re: Camp David]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

I think we would all agree that the CT shooter's mother was at fault by not keeping the guns under lock and key.

No, we do not all agree on that.

NOBODY is to blame except for the shooter. Period.

#3125590 - 01/15/13 07:30 PM Re: Something I did not know. [Re: -DRM-]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Having been involved in medical billing for almost 20 years, I do NOT want to place blind trust in the arbitrary nature of medical diagnosis to determine if I can or cannot have a gun.

#3125635 - 01/15/13 07:49 PM Re: Something I did not know. [Re: -DRM-]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

It includeds ADD and ADHD. You know. Those issues being diagnosed by school nurses

#3125636 - 01/15/13 07:49 PM Re: Something I did not know. [Re: -DRM-]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: -DRM-
I think we would all agree that the CT shooter's mother was at fault by not keeping the guns under lock and key.

No, we do not all agree on that.

NOBODY is to blame except for the shooter. Period.

I agree.... How do you or anyone else know they weren't under lock & key and that he didn't bust in and steal them....

#3125782 - 01/15/13 08:54 PM Re: Something I did not know. [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

My doctor has already told me that I must have mental problems when he found out I deer hunted by hanging on the side of a tree in freezing weather.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
71 registered (big 8's in Weakley county, ruger7mag, leader, ImThere, Wobblyshot1, grolfesst, 10 invisible) and 89 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93217 Topics
1088530 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.161 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.