Tndeer Logo

Page 15 of 17 « First<1314151617>
Topic Options
#3123494 - 01/14/13 02:47 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: contendershooter]
AlabamaSwamper
12 Point

Loc: Southern Wayne CO and NW Alaba...

Maybe we should allow Mzl's during bow season. These new high powered crossbows can easily shoot 100 yards, the traditional max range of mzl's.

I guess I'm really being a smart (you know) but my goodness.

http://twitter.com/AlabamaSwamper

#3123594 - 01/14/13 03:55 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: Wobblyshot1]
darn2ten
6 Point

Loc: lincoln co. tn.

Heck, I guess lets just keep modifying the poll till you get the results your wanting! I don't understand the logic that there is no advantage from a "muzzle" loaded gun to a "breech" loaded cartridge type single shot rifle. Personally, I think things are fine the way they are. Of course, just like yours this is only my opinion.

#3123630 - 01/14/13 04:28 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: darn2ten]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

And people wonder why I keep saying it should just be deer season. No one's every happy with the way "special" weapons seasons are set up. So do away with them and end the arguing.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3123640 - 01/14/13 04:34 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: BSK]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

Originally Posted By: BSK
And people wonder why I keep saying it should just be deer season. No one's every happy with the way "special" weapons seasons are set up. So do away with them and end the arguing.
I actually like the way it is now.BTW,Ive read very little of this thread.

You wont know,if you dont go!

#3123641 - 01/14/13 04:35 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: BSK]
Timber Ghost
8 Point

Loc: Tn. Blount( Seymour)

No, in my opinion

#3123643 - 01/14/13 04:35 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: BSK]
Master Chief
8 Point

Loc: Henderson County

So you're saying just make the whole thing bow only right ??? ;\)

Don't go ridin' on that long black train ;\)

#3123707 - 01/14/13 05:25 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: Master Chief]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Master Chief

So you're saying just make the whole thing bow only right ??? ;\)

HA!!! \:D

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3124711 - 01/15/13 10:31 AM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: darn2ten]
contendershooter
4 Point

Loc: TN, USA

Originally Posted By: darn2ten
Heck, I guess lets just keep modifying the poll till you get the results your wanting! I don't understand the logic that there is no advantage from a "muzzle" loaded gun to a "breech" loaded cartridge type single shot rifle. Personally, I think things are fine the way they are. Of course, just like yours this is only my opinion.
I did not change the survey since the last edit back in early December, and that was at the request of people on this thread of wanting the option in the survey to vote on an all weapons season and to add a primitive only season after the normal season.

I don't understand why people can't wrap their head around this concept, but its quite simple really. If you look at the current market of sabot shotgun slugs, they SHOOT THE EXACT SAME BULLET THAT YOU SHOOT FROM YOUR SABOTS OUT OF YOUR MUZZLELOADER. And guess what, typically you get better ballistics from the muzzleloader making it a LONGER RANGE AND MORE EFFICIENT hunting tool due to the longer barrel length and the ability to shoot magnum charges over the shotgun.

When you compare a modern inline, let's say a T/C Bone Collector versus a New England Firearms/Harrington and Richardson single shot Tracker Slug gun you have two differences...one loads from the breach, one from the muzzle, and one contains the charge in a plastic shell, the other doesn't. Otherwise, same bullet, same 209 primer, and if you do a comparison between the two and several hunting magazines have, the muzzleloader typically comes out on top.

Using reloading speed as your contention is miniscule at best, being your whole argument lies around the tradition of a muzzleloader when in-lines are so far away from traditional it's a joke.

SO if we can make a slight change that will keep people in the field longer, make it easier for someone to enjoy that prime time of the season, then we should do it. Otherwise, if everyone wants a true muzzleloader season, get rid of your in-lines and go back to your percussion and flintlocks shooting patched round-ball or conicals, loose FFg or FFFg powder, #11 or musket caps and no scopes.

#3124822 - 01/15/13 12:00 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: contendershooter]
scn
14 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

I seem to remember you changing the survey at least three times. Maybe you finally got the results you were looking for.

IMO, the survey has zero validity.

#3124903 - 01/15/13 12:52 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: scn]
woodchuckc
8 Point

Loc: Hickman County, TN

Originally Posted By: scn
I seem to remember you changing the survey at least three times. Maybe you finally got the results you were looking for.

IMO, the survey has zero validity.

x2! It seems like the survey was a moving target that changed until he could get enough votes in the category he preferred.

My vote would be to leave things the way they are regarding the weapons used during the 3 seasons, or do as BSK suggests and just make it deer season with some adjustment to the opening and closing dates. Either one would be just fine with me.

Page 15 of 17 « First<1314151617>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Afleming17, 260rem, Hunter244, Woodsmaster, Tennessee Skeeter
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
13 registered (B&C chaser, Paul Burns, Doc Stone, zippy, BuckDropper, pledbetter, 3 invisible) and 89 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
85051 Topics
1027661 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.228 seconds in which 0.023 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.