Topic Options
#3123058 - 01/14/13 09:57 AM Re: martial law [Re: Redfred16]
Redfred16
8 Point

Loc: Hartland, WI

Originally Posted By: Redfred16
 Originally Posted By: BlackBelt
 Originally Posted By: Treestand Troubadour
hypothetically if this happened what will we do?

There is a great book out on 'what to do' that just came out. It involves west Tn (specifically Memphis and suburbs, as well as northern MS). However, the story could happen anywhere in the state or the country. Its a fictional account of the economic system failing and the ensuing mayhem when martial law is declared and the govt comes to confiscate the food and guns of folks who saw it coming and were prepared. While its a fictional account, it is really a manual on what you need to do to prepare for the worst not only from the government, but also from roving gangs of thugs looking to steal your supplies when theirs run out. Also has lots of good techniques for stalling authorities looking to take your guns when they show up at your house.
Its a really good book and its only $13-14 on Amazon.
The title of the book is: The Right To Keep And Bear Arms After The Riots Begin by Mike Foster, MD.

I just started reading that on my Kindle before I shot my buck Tuesday morning. I haven't had the chance to pick it up again, but I've heard alot of good things about it.

Just finshed this book last night. I recommended it to several people already. It's a good read, at times the author gets a bit long winded and gets repetitive, but the message stands strong and true. It's also very scary how he shows the end game of the direction we're heading.

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here

#3123102 - 01/14/13 10:20 AM Re: martial law [Re: Redfred16]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

One thing that worries me is that my wife and I are the only people in our neighborhood that have a garden and can our food for storage. All of our neighbors are aware of this and I am sure they would come to my home looking for food once the SHTF. Could turn into a hairy situation. \:\(

#3123201 - 01/14/13 11:31 AM Re: martial law [Re: GRAMPS]
Redfred16
8 Point

Originally Posted By: GRAMPS
One thing that worries me is that my wife and I are the only people in our neighborhood that have a garden and can our food for storage. All of our neighbors are aware of this and I am sure they would come to my home looking for food once the SHTF. Could turn into a hairy situation. \:\(

The author of this book makes a great point in the story. A lone prepared individual doesn't stand a chance. Eventually sheer mass of the unprepared will get you. Best bet is to team up with like minded individuals for labor and security. If you have the property find some others and let them know they are welcome, with that price.

"Recon Ready"

#3123293 - 01/14/13 12:23 PM Re: martial law [Re: Redfred16]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Interesting thread. Being that I work in Downtown Memphis, I am trying to come up with some options. I suspect if something goes down, things might go bad quickly. No discredit to any local LEOs on here, as I'm sure they've gone over what could happen. When the SHTF happens, anything can happen, and they will certainly have their hands full. My respect to them all.

#3123299 - 01/14/13 12:26 PM Re: martial law [Re: moondawg]
Redfred16
8 Point

Originally Posted By: moondawg
Interesting thread. Being that I work in Downtown Memphis, I am trying to come up with some options. I suspect if something goes down, things might go bad quickly. No discredit to any local LEOs on here, as I'm sure they've gone over what could happen. When the SHTF happens, anything can happen, and they will certainly have their hands full. My respect to them all.

Read the book thats mentioned, it actually takes place in Memphis and the surrounding areas.

"Recon Ready"

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (Huntinnut, tnhunter002, Deadeye14) and 61 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89295 Topics
1044337 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.218 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.