Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3121404 - 01/13/13 12:49 AM Letter to Alexander
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

Senator Alexander,

I am writing you, as thousands of others have, over the growing concerns as to what is happening to our country. What happened at Sandy Hook was and is a dark day in American history as well as several other recent similar events. Even though terrible, these kinds of events have been happening throughout history. There is evil in the world. This evil is not being punished like it should be. Instead the good people and the good deeds that they do are being punished instead. Forgive me in thinking this is a little backwards. I am a firm believer and advocate of the gun and the 2nd Amendment, because in the event that you or your family is in a life or death situation, a gun IS the only thing that CAN and WILL save your life. I am the ripe old age of 28 years old. I know I am not that old but I have been around long enough to know how the world works. I have owned and used firearms responsibly for probably 18 of those 28 years and have not broken any firearms laws or had one single accident firearm related as have thousands of other fellow Tennesseans and Americans. To punish the law abiding citizens for the wrong doing of criminals would only tell us that what we think is happening to our country is coming true. You probably do not need a history lesson Mr. Alexander, but brave Americans, back to the days of the Revolution, have fought, lived and died by the gun, to give us this great land we live in today. It was them AND the gun that did that for US. Take away our rights, not just the 2nd Amendment, and it will be as if their blood flowed for nothing. The US Constitution and the Bill of Rights were written by some of the greatest minds this country has known. It has guided us through many tough times in American history and the reason for that is because they knew what could and possibly would happen in years to come. They lived it once and had the insite to write it down so it would not happen again. WE THE PEOPLE are becoming a very slim few. I will proudly remain in that few. I am afraid Mr. Alexander. I am afraid that once this train of rights removal gets into motion it will not be stopped only to crash and burn and consume us all. There are no more undiscovered lands to claim and call America. We must protect what we have here and now. I sincerely hope, as a man with the political position such as yourself, that you will do everything in yours powers to uphold the Constitution and the people who still abide by it. If you can't sir, myself and all who are with me will do everything we can to find someone that will, to fill your place at the next gathering at the polls. I know you are a busy man Mr. Alexander, but I would like to have a personal account of your views on the matter. Thank you sir.

A truly GOD fearing American,
Fellow Tennessean

Dont tread on me

#3121638 - 01/13/13 09:16 AM Re: Letter to Alexander [Re: TeamMainStreet]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Very well written. Keep up the fight.

#3122056 - 01/13/13 02:59 PM Re: Letter to Alexander [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
TNhunter
TnDeer Old Timer
10 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN, Rutherford

One quick point. You are 28 and have owned guns for at least 18 of those years without breaking any firearms laws. You technically did by owning one before you were 18. Just saying. Otherwise I like this post.

Edited by TNhunter (01/13/13 02:59 PM)

"If there is unrest, the government will seize all the registered guns."

"You need guns and ammo first then everything else."

#3122060 - 01/13/13 03:03 PM Re: Letter to Alexander [Re: TNhunter]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

I said I have owned and used firearms for 18 years. I did not specify exactly when usage and ownership overlapped. \:\)

Dont tread on me

#3122973 - 01/14/13 08:53 AM Re: Letter to Alexander [Re: TNhunter]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: TNhunter
One quick point. You are 28 and have owned guns for at least 18 of those years without breaking any firearms laws. You technically did by owning one before you were 18. Just saying. Otherwise I like this post.

TNhunter the truth is it is not illegal to own a gun under the age of 18 it is illegal to buy/sell. Ownership is a legal issue and the laws in most states do not regulate it funny note on that Massachusetts is one that regulates it. They do it by requiring owner license, as most know TN does not require that.

#3122995 - 01/14/13 09:10 AM Re: Letter to Alexander [Re: waynesworld]
BowGirl
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend here still today.
'Cause there ain 't no doubt I love this land,
God Bless the USA.

#3128657 - 01/17/13 05:44 PM Re: Letter to Alexander [Re: BowGirl]
huntinkev
8 Point

Loc: East Tenn

I owned my first gun before I was 10. My dad gave it to me for christmas I think I was 8. Was a 410
#3128659 - 01/17/13 05:46 PM Re: Letter to Alexander [Re: huntinkev]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

My first was a 410 too.

Edited by TeamMainStreet (01/17/13 05:46 PM)

Dont tread on me

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
THEdonkey0515, muddyhunter, davey1230, MisquitoNet, strutter rutter
13079 Registered Users
Who's Online
69 registered (sgtwebb1, catm1, Hangnail, Roost 1, stilllookin, Poser, 8 invisible) and 127 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13079 Members
42 Forums
88157 Topics
1032765 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.227 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.