Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3122753 - 01/13/13 10:45 PM Re: This would stop helmet to helmet hits [Re: eweisner]
jameseboy
8 Point

Loc: Germantown, TN

Once upon a time they did play without helmets..so many people were hurt and killed it almost ended collegiate football. Teddy Roosevelt among others stepped in and one result was helmets were required
#3122761 - 01/13/13 10:57 PM Re: This would stop helmet to helmet hits [Re: eweisner]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

Originally Posted By: eweisner
I took my son to the ER first game of the season because he was dominating the line. It took two of them, helmet to helmet on my boy to stop him. He was playing hard, in order to stop him they played dirty. Cost him the entire season.

I am no fan of helmet to helmet...at any level

Same here.
My son missed the last 2 regular season games and both our playoff games this season due to a helmet on helmet lick. Had a concussion/neck stinger.
They just need to teach them a different technique.
Shoulder pads, man, hit 'em with the shoulder pads.
Then BOTH of you get to play on.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3122775 - 01/13/13 11:12 PM Re: This would stop helmet to helmet hits [Re: sgtwebb1]
eweisner
8 Point

Loc: Portland, TN

Originally Posted By: sgtwebb1
...Had a concussion/neck stinger....
Has exactly the same injury. Scared the bee geezers outta me. Bad part is it got into his head. He's finally admitted it scared him but has started conditioning for High School next year. He needs football. His relationship with his mom has given him a well of aggression that needs an outlet and football was doing it.

http://confessionsofanovicebowhunter.wordpress.com

#3122865 - 01/14/13 06:45 AM Re: This would stop helmet to helmet hits [Re: huntintn]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

Originally Posted By: huntintn
 Originally Posted By: RUGER
Like stretch said, make 'em play without helmets.
That would stop it. \:D
with the IQ that some of this guys have it wouldn't stop it. Nothing make me madder then when they interview a college player and he cant put a simple sentece together.

Or spell sentence...lol.

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3123033 - 01/14/13 09:40 AM Re: This would stop helmet to helmet hits [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Good time Charlie
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: Tazewell

I have had a helmet to helmet straight on...let me tell ya I did not know who I was for a while ..or who we were playing .When I did start to regain my senses it was like I was in a cloud or something,Some of the guys that had suffered concussions had fluid filled packs in their helmet.

#3123047 - 01/14/13 09:53 AM Re: This would stop helmet to helmet hits [Re: TAFKAP]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
Uhhhh, we gonna do goood, play haaaad, and keep our heads in da game.

Youknowwutimsayin????
exactly. i hate that phrase as much or more than "like" "like"

#3123092 - 01/14/13 10:14 AM Re: This would stop helmet to helmet hits [Re: Good time Charlie]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Good time Charlie
I have had a helmet to helmet straight on...let me tell ya I did not know who I was for a while ..or who we were playing .When I did start to regain my senses it was like I was in a cloud or something,Some of the guys that had suffered concussions had fluid filled packs in their helmet.

I had one in lacrosse as well. I went after a guy that outweighed me by about 50 lbs. Since he was probably about 6" taller than me at the time, the crown of my helmet caught him right up under the jaw. Both of us stumbled to the sidelines and didn't play the rest of the game. Ruined my helmet.

But lacrosse helmets aren't the same as football helmets. They're not designed for the same impact, so I think that made our situation worse.

#3123107 - 01/14/13 10:23 AM Re: This would stop helmet to helmet hits [Re: Bottom Hunter]
huntintn
8 Point

Loc: savannah,TN

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
 Originally Posted By: huntintn
 Originally Posted By: RUGER
Like stretch said, make 'em play without helmets.
That would stop it. \:D
with the IQ that some of this guys have it wouldn't stop it. Nothing make me madder then when they interview a college player and he cant put a simple sentece together.

Or spell sentence...lol.
..I.. missed the n , sorry you never do.LoL

#3123149 - 01/14/13 10:55 AM Re: This would stop helmet to helmet hits [Re: huntintn]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

I haven't played since the 70's. So I can't tell you how they coach it now. Things may have changed. But we were coached to use our helmets in the 70's.

How many of you had your coach tell you to put your helmet in their numbers?

"I want to hear those helmets pop."

"Running backs put that head down and pop those helmets."

"Put your helmet in his ear hole"

That was how it was done back then.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
18 registered (smyrnagc, bassybuck47, Rockhound, Roost 1, philburr, BlackBelt, 2 invisible) and 54 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93199 Topics
1088552 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.089 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.