Topic Options
#3120456 - 01/12/13 12:14 PM Re: double star AR-15, $4,000 obo [Re: -DRM-]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: -DRM-
 Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
Well $80 for a $20 magazine is crazy..... $2,000 for a $850 rifle is crazy.... $1,000 for $400 worth of ammo is crazy....

Gas used to be $.20, then $1, then $1.50, then $3.25, then...

Prices change. Demand changes. What someone paid for something is IRRELEVANT to what it is wort to the next guy who WANTS that something.

Quote:
But when I need some ammo for hunting or target shooting and I can't find any because someone decided to hoard it up to sell to some sucker later.... well it pisses me off just a little bit.

Ahhhh.... so what this really comes down to is *your* lack of preparedness?

I have a buddy that started hitting Wal*Mart's looking for TulAmmo .223 back in November. By the time of the shooting, he'd already picked up about 5000rds. Some of our mutual friends laughed at him at the time... asked why he was buying so much ammo.

Am I supposed to be mad at him for planning ahead? Should I also be mad at him if he chooses to sell some of that ammo if someone is willing to give him double what he paid? I guess I just don't see how I am supposed to blame him because he planned ahead and someone is willing to pay top dollar for something he has.

That is not the same thing DRM.... and NOT what I am talking about at all.... I'm talking about taking advantage of people.

My "lack" of being prepared.... I think not, and again not what I was referring to...

As I said, if someone wants to shell out big money for something... good for them.... What's the old saying, There is a sucker born every day?

I'm done with this silly thread....

carry on....

#3120471 - 01/12/13 12:25 PM Re: double star AR-15, $4,000 obo [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

Well $80 for a $20 magazine is crazy..... $2,000 for a $850 rifle is crazy.... $1,000 for $400 worth of ammo is crazy....

Prices change. Demand changes. What someone paid for something is IRRELEVANT to what it is wort to the next guy who WANTS that something.

Quote:
But when I need some ammo for hunting or target shooting and I can't find any because someone decided to hoard it up to sell to some sucker later.... well it pisses me off just a little bit.

I have a buddy that started hitting Wal*Mart's looking for TulAmmo .223 back in November. By the time of the shooting, he'd already picked up about 5000rds. Some of our mutual friends laughed at him at the time... asked why he was buying so much ammo.

Am I supposed to be mad at him for planning ahead? Should I also be mad at him if he chooses to sell some of that ammo if someone is willing to give him double what he paid? I guess I just don't see how I am supposed to blame him because he planned ahead and someone is willing to pay top dollar for something he has.

That is not the same thing DRM.... and NOT what I am talking about at all....

My "lack" of being prepared.... I think not, and again not what I was referring to...

As I said, if someone wants to shell out big money for something... good for them.... What's the old saying, There is a sucker born every day?

carry on....

I think i'm going to protest buying gas now..... You guys got me thinking. Back in 1987 I could buy gas for .99 cents. Now I'm paying $3.19. I'm going to show them and not be a sucker anymore. Just went out and bought a good pair of shoes.... \:D

Not sure about this statement "That is not the same thing DRM.... and NOT what I am talking about at all.... I'm talking about taking advantage of people."

Since people can live without owning an AR-15 and it's not a necessities of life. How are people being taken advantage of? It's pretty easy.... You can either pay the prices being asked or not own one. It's pretty simple considering no one is required to own an AR-15.... \:\)

Edited by gator-n-buck (01/12/13 12:30 PM)

#3120476 - 01/12/13 12:28 PM Re: double star AR-15, $4,000 obo [Re: gator-n-buck]
Beekeeper
Good ol' Boys "Team Buckcreek"
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co. Tennessee

Originally Posted By: gator-n-buck

Quote:

carry on....

I think i'm going to protest buying gas now..... You guys got me thinking. Back in 1987 I could buy gas for .99 cents. Now I'm paying $3.19. I'm going to show them and not be a sucker anymore. Just went out and bought a good pair of shoes.... \:D
MUCKs???

#3120484 - 01/12/13 12:31 PM Re: double star AR-15, $4,000 obo [Re: Beekeeper]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Originally Posted By: Beekeeper

Quote:

carry on....

MUCKs???

We probably need to jack our prices up on the Mucks.... \:D

#3120487 - 01/12/13 12:33 PM Re: double star AR-15, $4,000 obo [Re: Beekeeper]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Quote:

carry on....

MUCKs???

How did you figure out that was the good pair of shoes I bought to walk to work in..... \:D

#3120500 - 01/12/13 12:53 PM Re: double star AR-15, $4,000 obo [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

That is not the same thing DRM.... and NOT what I am talking about at all.... I'm talking about taking advantage of people.

How is a free market exchange of goods for cash taking advantage of someone? Does the buyer *need* an AR15? And if they do *need* it, shouldn't they have planned ahead and bought it before the panic set in?

How is the gas station changing the price on the sign while you are filling your tank any different? The has in their tanks cost them the same as it did 30 seconds ago, yet they are about to charge more... They are reacting to market forces and adjusting accordingly... Seems the same to me.

#3120501 - 01/12/13 12:54 PM Re: double star AR-15, $4,000 obo [Re: gator-n-buck]
Beekeeper
Good ol' Boys "Team Buckcreek"
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co. Tennessee

Quote:

carry on....

MUCKs???

How did you figure out that was the good pair of shoes I bought to walk to work in..... \:D
I know a man that has some good deals on them!!!! \:D

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (FULLDRAWXX75, whitt, snaildarter, pse2, wireman) and 74 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.013 seconds in which 0.007 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.