Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3118758 - 01/11/13 06:31 AM Re: Vanderbilt [Re: BamaProud]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
 Originally Posted By: JCDEERMAN
I'm seriously sitting here laughing at Vandy's every shot.....geez they are pathetic this year.

As others have mentioned, I would take a good education over anything else!

Not me. I would take the opportunity to earn a few million dollars first. Education is great, but you can always go back to school. You can still learn when you are 30. The window to capitalize on any athletic ability you are blessed with is much shorter.

That said(from a College football perspective) I also contend that any Junior that has an opportunity to go into the 1st or 2nd maybe even 3rd round NFL early should jump.

I agree. Why do we send our kids to college??

So they can get a BETTER JOB.

We want them to be able to get a job that pays $60,000 a year and up. But in truth the vast majority of them never make that much and if they do come close it's in their later years, they are lucky to start out making $35,000 a year.

Now are any of you going to tell YOUR KID to TURN DOWN a dream job of doing something he loves more than anything else and he was born to do where he starts out making $2-3 MILLION A YEAR and in just a couple years having a chance to make $10-12 MILLION a year and retiring after 12-15 years where MILLIONS of people know his name. You are going to tell him to stay in college for 4-6 years and hope and pray that maybe someday he will be making over $60,000 a year when he could easy do the other one???

Sorry but I don't buy that a minute. Ever if Coach Cal was still at Memphis I would still support those kids that can make it to go to the NBA. Not everyone can make it in the NBA but then not everyone can make it in life.

Sorry but this talk about keeping the kids with the athletic ability to make it need to hold back and stay in school is BS and sour grapes.

Having said all that I'll say this. Kyle Wiltjer of Kentucky needs to stay in school for 4 years or more. As good as he is he's NOT good enough. Anybody below him is ever more not that good, THEY need to stay. But the ones that are better, then by all means they should go first chance they get.

#3119513 - 01/11/13 05:43 PM Re: Vanderbilt [Re: BamaProud]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Loc: NASHVILLE, TN

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
 Originally Posted By: JCDEERMAN
I'm seriously sitting here laughing at Vandy's every shot.....geez they are pathetic this year.

As others have mentioned, I would take a good education over anything else!

Not me. I would take the opportunity to earn a few million dollars first. Education is great, but you can always go back to school. You can still learn when you are 30. The window to capitalize on any athletic ability you are blessed with is much shorter.

That said(from a College football perspective) I also contend that any Junior that has an opportunity to go into the 1st or 2nd maybe even 3rd round NFL early should jump.

\:D

I see what your saying, and I'm not saying that I would stay in school as opposed to making millions right off the bat.

BUT in reality, the majority of those with the athletic ability to make millions can't save 10 dollars if their life depended on it. That's why so many owe so much money to people. For many, if it weren't for their athletic ability, they would be working at a gas station, IF THAT \:D

Many of them don't have the education or knowledge. I'd like to know the percentage of the ones that are athletic stars AND are all around geniuses.

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PEhunter, Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain
13289 Registered Users
Who's Online
96 registered (ghosthunter, rem270, paincave_2000, 7mm08, bowhunterfanatic, Setterman, 10 invisible) and 163 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13289 Members
42 Forums
85412 Topics
1032012 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.207 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.