Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3119408 - 01/11/13 03:53 PM I got a Question about feral hog transportion
dh1984
10 Point

Loc: union county tennessee

the problem is i had someone call me last night about trapping feral hogs on his land. Well i told i would be happy to come and trap and kill them in the trap to help him get rid of them.

well i told him the steps he needed to take on getting a permit to get me and my brothers in there to trap and kill them out.Well he told me that he did not want them killed he wanted them trapped and hauled to a other place.

Well thats when i tried telling him that TWRA will not allow someone to transport wild feral hogs to other places to be turned loose.he still tried to get me to trap them and transport them to somewhere else and turn them loose. and i told him that i couldn't not do that that is against TWRA and they will take everything i have.

Well he started talking really ticked sounding and said he will trap them his self and turn them loose somewhere else i told him good luck and we hung up.He would give me a name or anything that was the first thing i tired to get where i can look up where he lives and get some maps of the his place.

I want to know what kind of trouble can you really get in too if you get caught transporting wild feral hogs to a other place and turn them loose?

#3119413 - 01/11/13 03:57 PM Re: I got a Question about feral hog transportion [Re: dh1984]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

at the very least, you will probably lose your vehicle, jail time and heavy fines.

#3119417 - 01/11/13 03:59 PM Re: I got a Question about feral hog transportion [Re: dh1984]
Camp David
12 Point

Loc: TN

http://news.tn.gov/node/9970

NASHVILLE --- A pair of guilty pleas have been made in cases involving numerous charges with wild hogs in Moore and Lewis counties in Middle Tennessee.

Dr. Stacy Smith, of Lynchburg, pled guilty to 16 counts of illegal possession of wildlife. He also pled guilty to failure to use an approved source, failure to maintain records for a preserve, violation of a quarantine order, and criminal conspiracy. The veterinarian received a total of $4,944 in fines and court costs.

Timothy Chapman, of Mt. Pleasant pled guilty to seven counts of illegal possession of wildlife. He received fines and courts costs totaling $1,654 and loss of his hunting and trapping privileges for one year.

The cases involved a joint effort from the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency special investigation unit, wildlife officers from TWRA Region II & III, Moore County District Attorney, Lewis County District Attorney, and the Tennessee Department of Agriculture.

The Smith case was settled Aug. 7, while the Chapman plea agreement was made Sept. 17. The announcement comes as a reward program has now been established for information leading to a conviction of persons dealing in the sale, illegal transportation and/or stocking of wild hogs. A reward of $3,500 is now in effect and made possible by contributions from TWRA, the Tennessee Department of Agriculture, the Tennessee Farm Bureau Federation, and the Tennessee Ornithological Society.

Wild hogs cause extensive damage to farm crops, wildlife habitat, contribute to extreme erosion and stream pollution, and carry diseases harmful to livestock or other animals as well as humans.

A primary reason for wild hogs rapid spread is illegal movement by those who wish to establish hog populations for hunting in areas that may have little or no wild hog populations. Illegal transport and release is the leading contributing factor in the spread of wild hogs.

The TWRA is among the more than 20 entities from both private sector organizations and state government agencies that have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) agreeing to work cooperatively in regard to wild hogs. The partnership between the private sector and state agencies is working jointly to create and implement outreach tools to effectively disseminate information to the public, defining the problems associated with wild hogs in Tennessee and how the parties are working cooperatively to help landowners combat the problems associated with wild hogs.

#3119419 - 01/11/13 04:01 PM Re: I got a Question about feral hog transportion [Re: stik]
dh1984
10 Point

That's what i thought there no way i mean know way I'm going to trap something and turn it loose somewhere else.

But if he calls back or what ever I'll try to get his name again then let TWRA know what he's about to do. he got smart enough to block his number where it wouldn't show up on my cell phone.

But i'll try my best to get a name or a number so TWRA can check in on him before he traps and transport them dang things.

#3119435 - 01/11/13 04:15 PM Re: I got a Question about feral hog transportion [Re: dh1984]
Camp David
12 Point

Loc: TN

Almost sounds like someone trying to set you up.

#3119459 - 01/11/13 04:45 PM Re: I got a Question about feral hog transportion [Re: Camp David]
dh1984
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Camp David
Almost sounds like someone trying to set you up.

That's what it sounds like to me too but i know TWRA wouldn't be trying to do that just these Non hunter people.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (vanleerbuckbuster, mjac, rem270) and 54 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.008 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.