Tndeer Logo

Page 8 of 9 « First<56789>
Topic Options
#3118644 - 01/10/13 11:38 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: GRAMPS]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

Originally Posted By: GRAMPS
I am very sorry for anyone that had to endure beatings. But, I do think that kids need to be spanked to be kept in line. I do believe that if more kids were spanked today, there would be less problems with young people.

Its ok cause mine wasnt a bad memorie. I hooked up with this smoking hot really agressive cop once. Before I knew it I was in handcuffs. Out came a huge paddle. I started to scream for help then I thot "hey lets see what this is like" idiot I was at first. After the numbness set in and I got to return the favor it didnt turn out to be a bad spanking after all. Tho I was scared what might join the party next. FREAK SHE WAS.

#3118760 - 01/11/13 06:32 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Crappie Luck]
TrailWatcher
8 Point

Loc: Tn,Knox

Hot wheels track ....Never played with it again...

#3119334 - 01/11/13 02:35 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TrailWatcher]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

My parents got divorced right before I started kindergarten.... several years went by before dad even called to check on my brother or me.... My brother is 3 years younger than me depending on the time of year. My mother pretty much raised us until I was old enough to help out and take care of my brother.... make sure we were both up and ready for school to catch the bus, otherwise we would have to walk the mile or two to school, because she would leave for work so early or at times worked midnights and got home after we had already left for school.

When we did get out of line, it was a switch, belt, yardstick, ruler across the open palm, slap on the face for backtalk, standing with our nose in the corner, wooden spoon, coat hanger.....

My grandfather and uncle were the main men in my life while being raised... My grandfather could talk in a firm voice or look at you with "that look" and you know you did wrong.... Once in particular, I was riding my tricycle in a mudpuddle.... he told me once to stay out of it and not get back in it. Well he turned his back to work on something and I drove right back through that puddle.... Next thing I know, I am being lifted into the air and he is whipping my butt.... He sat me back down on the seat and said get back on the concrete and not get off of it.

I had only seen my grandfather mad a couple of times.... I mean real mad... it took some to get him worked up, but when he was, even a woman scorned had nothing on him. He had a shephard mix dog and she chased a calf trying to catch it.... He called her to him and he grabbed her collar and started kicking the crap out of that dog... wearing cowboy type work boots.... she never chased another calf or cow.

I had grown up and spent alot of time out on my grandparents "farm".... I was then the oldest of 3 grandsons.... I lived with them for a little while after graduating high school.... One day I was rained out of work, worked operating heavy equipment building roads, my supervisor had asked me to go with him to Nashville to help him bring back a new car he bought.

My grandfather was mowing with the lawnmower and saw me standing around waiting on the guy to come pick me up. Well he comes over and says, "why don't you get on the little tractor and mow around the barn and lake"? I said I had something to do and couldn't.... He looked me right in the eye and said, "why is it when something needs doing around here, you have other plans"? He told me if I couldn't help out, to go get my s**t packed and go back to my moms house.... and that he didn't mean tomorrow, right now!!

Well I am here to tell you, I was 19 or 20 at the time and tears welled up... I walked to the house to change into some work clothes and call my supervisor to tell him I couldn't go.... He tried to put a guilt trip on me, but I told him I just couldn't go and I had no other choice....

I went over to my granddad to ask him which mowing equipment he wanted me to use... He said he didn't care.... that I eat his food, watched his satellite tv, done my laundry with their stuff.... all he asked me to do was help out around the place.... Said if it got to where he could no longer take care of the place and no one was willing to help out, they would sell the SOB and move to town.....

Another story with him.... When I was in my Senior year of high school, I could leave early to go to work if I had a job. So from time to time, if he had work and needed help, I would run heavy equipment for him.... He let me drive his extra truck so I had a way to the jobsite. He specifically told me NOT to be driving it to school, as I usually rode the bus, when I wasn't helping him.

Well a couple of weeks went by with me working in the afternoons with him.... AND driving the truck to school when I wasn't. Well growing up in a single parent home, we had what was essential and that was it.... So when I got the chance to drive a nice truck like many of the other kids who had mommy and daddy buy them a vehicle, I took it.... I had always liked that Dodge and I was the man when driving it....

Well we were going down the road one afternoon after work, we finished the job, and he was taking me to my moms house. Small talk began and he straight up asked if I had been dirving the truck to school.... Well without thinking, I said NO..... It was the first time I had blatently lied to him and I was ashamed and embarrassed.... felt like a sorry piece of scum..... I waited a few minutes and then told him I needed to tell him something.... that I lied to him.... He asked me if I thought he didn't know what was going on... he had either gone by my moms house and didn't see the truck or went by the school and seen it in the parking lot.... So he asked why I was driving it to school... well I said because I overslept and missed the bus. He looked over at me and said, "if you can get up to go hunting at 4:30 in the morning, you can get up to catch a school bus".

Things went on after that as normal.... I never did tell him I really drove it just to be like the other popular kids and fit in... He would have understood if I had just told him in the first place.... but I was just so ashamed that I lied to him...

He passed away suddenly a couple of years later.... I wish I could be half the man he was... wish I would have learned more from him than I did.... but as the oldest grandson, I am glad to have had all the time I had with him.

Sorry for the long read guys, just brings back so many memories when life was much simpler and remembering what once was....

#3119342 - 01/11/13 02:48 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
mossyhorns300
10 Point

Loc: memphis, tn & savannah, tn

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
My parents got divorced right before I started kindergarten.... several years went by before he even called to check on my brother or me.... My brother is 3 years younger than me depending on the time of year. My mother pretty much raised us until I was old enough to help out and take care of my brother.... make sure we were both up and ready for school to catch the bus, otherwise we would have to walk the mile or two to school, because she would leave for work so early or at times worked midnights and got home after we had already left for school.

When we did get out of line, it was a switch, belt, yardstick, ruler across the open palm, slap on the face for backtalk, standing with our nose in the corner, wooden spoon, coat hanger.....

My grandfather and uncle were the main men in my life while being raised... My grandfather could talk in a firm voice or look at you with "that look" and you know you did wrong.... Once in particular, I was riding my tricycle in a mudpuddle.... he told me once to stay out of it and not get back in it. Well he turned his back to work on something and I drove right back through that puddle.... Next thing I know, I am being lifted into the air and he is whipping my butt.... He sat me back down on the seat and said get back on the concrete and not get off of it.

I had only seen my grandfather mad a couple of times.... I mean real mad... it took some to get him worked up, but when he was, even a woman scorned had nothing on him. He had a shephard mix dog and she chased a calf trying to catch it.... He called her to him and he grabbed her collar and started kicking the crap out of that dog... wearing cowboy type work boots.... she never chased another calf or cow.

I had grown up and spent alot of time out on my grandparents "farm".... I was then the oldest of 3 grandsons.... I lived with them for a little while after graduating high school.... One day I was rained out of work, worked operating heavy equipment building roads, my supervisor had aske dme to go with him to Nashville to help him bring back a new car he bought.

My grandfather was mowing with the lawnmower and saw me standing around waiting on the guy to come pick me up. Well he comes over and says, "why don't you get on the little tractor and mow around the barn and lake"? I said I had something to do and couldn't.... He looked me right in the eye and said, "why is it when something needs doing around here, you have other plans"? He told me if I couldn't help out, to go get my s**t packed and go back to my moms house.... and that he didn't mean tomorrow, right now!!

Well I am here to tell you, I was 19 or 20 at the time and tears welled up... I walked to the house to change into some work clothes and call my supervisor to tell him I couldn't go.... He tried to put a guilt trip on me, but I told him I just couldn't go and I had no other choice....

I went over to my granddad to ask him which mowing equipment he wanted me to use... He said he didn't care.... that I eat his food, watched his satellite tv, done my laundry with their stuff.... all he asked me to do was help out around the place.... Said if it got to where he could no longer take care of the place and no one was willing to help out, they would sell the SOB and move to town.....

Another story with him.... When I was in my Senior year of high school, I could leave early to go to work if I had a job. So from time to time, if he had work and needed help, I would run heavy equipment for him.... He let me drive his extra truck so I had a way to the jobsite. He specifically told me NOT to be driving it to school, as I usually rode the bus, when I wasn't helping him.

Well a couple of weeks went by with me working in the afternoons with him.... AND driving the truck to school when I wasn't. Well growing up in a single parent home, we had what was essential and that was it.... So when I got the chance to drive a nice truck like many of the other kids who had mommy and daddy buy them a vehicle, I took it.... I had always liked that Dodge and I was the man when driving it....

Well we were going down the road one afternoon after work, we finished the job, and he was taking me to my moms house. Small talk began and he straight up asked if I had been dirving the truck to school.... Well without thinking, I said NO..... It was the first time I had blatently lied to him and I was ashamed and embarrassed.... felt like a sorry piece of scum..... I waited a few minutes and then told him I needed to tell him something.... that I lied to him.... He asked me if I thought he didn't know what was going on... he had either gone by my moms house and didn't see the truck or went by the school and seen it in the parking lot.... So he asked why I was driving it to school... well I said because I overslept and missed the bus. He looked over at me and said, "if you can get up to go hunting at 4:30 in the morning, you can get up to catch a school bus".

Things went on after that as normal.... I never did tell him I really drove it just to be like the other popular kids and fit in... He wold have understood if I had just told him in the first place.... but I was just so ashamed that I lied to him...

He passed away suddenly a couple of years later.... I wish could be half the man he was... wish I would have learned more from him than I did.... but as the oldest grandson, I am glad to have had all the time I had with him.

Sorry for the long read guys, just brings back so many memories when life was much simpler and remembering what once was....

Great post Grizz. One of the best I've read on here in awhile and brought back memories of my Grandfather, which I didn't get to know as well as you did yours, as he died right as I was becoming a teenager.

Pretty women make us buy beer...........Ugly women make us drink beer!

#3119380 - 01/11/13 03:22 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: mossyhorns300]
TRIGGER
Michael Waddell stunt double
10 Point

Loc: Cunningham TN

Grizzly Johnson,
Good read sir.

#3119394 - 01/11/13 03:37 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TRIGGER]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Good read Grizz!! We should all learn from the stories of what made folks like that truly memorable in a good way!

My grandmother was much like that. She stayed home, worked up and harvested an acre garden that she also can'd and put-up every bit of that she didnt give away to neighbors or folks at Church besides keeping a half dozen kids after school and younger ones during the day and cooking every meal since my uncle and grandfather both ate lunch at home everyday.. And kids or grandkids telling her No - was Never an option! She was the all around best person I'll probably ever know. I dont think she ever held back - she told you exactly what she thought so you knew where you stood and what was expected. Sure do miss her - she passed the same morning Dale Earnhart died - in her sleep at 89 and had cooked her own meals and cleaned her own place the day before \:\)

#3119396 - 01/11/13 03:38 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TRIGGER]
Camp David
12 Point

Loc: TN

Thanks Griz. Good lessons for us all.

#3119412 - 01/11/13 03:57 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Camp David]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

I'm sorry if this is hi-jacking the thread.... but my granddad and I were pretty close.... as in my previous post, he was more of a father to me than granddad.

This past Christmas, I got to bring home the greatest gift almost imaginable.... (and there was another post on here where someone said how great it would be to hunt with a grandfathers rifle) I got the 1968 Marlin 336 R.C. 30-30 that belonged to him.... from my uncle.

This picture was from 1992.... believe it was my 4th youth hunt, but the first deer hunt my granddad ever took me on... not sure who was more excited.... him or me!! (I know it may not look safe, but he was actually standing back behind the barrel and not beside it).

The thing about him was, he always had a smile and was friendly to everyone he passed.... His sudden death hit me and the family pretty hard.... I still get choked up to this day talking/thinking about him.

The truck and rifle in the pic are the same ones previously mentioned.... The rifle is a true treasure to me.....

#3119449 - 01/11/13 04:36 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Awesome post, Grizz. Brings back memories of my Mammaw (the one who gave me the "spanking" in front of my friends) and Pappaw. My Pappaw never lost his temper, from what I know. He wasn't very tall, he was only 5'8 or 5'9, so he wasn't that imposing. I don't remember him raising his voice. But when he said "no" or if he told you something, he dang well meant it. He was a kind old soul. I hope I can be just a fraction of the man he was. Not a day goes by when I don't think of Mammaw and Pappaw...and they've been gone 12 or 13 yrs.

#3119525 - 01/11/13 05:58 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
My parents got divorced right before I started kindergarten.... several years went by before dad even called to check on my brother or me.... My brother is 3 years younger than me depending on the time of year. My mother pretty much raised us until I was old enough to help out and take care of my brother.... make sure we were both up and ready for school to catch the bus, otherwise we would have to walk the mile or two to school, because she would leave for work so early or at times worked midnights and got home after we had already left for school.

I had grown up and spent alot of time out on my grandparents "farm".... I was then the oldest of 3 grandsons.... I lived with them for a little while after graduating high school.... One day I was rained out of work, worked operating heavy equipment building roads, my supervisor had asked me to go with him to Nashville to help him bring back a new car he bought.

Things went on after that as normal.... I never did tell him I really drove it just to be like the other popular kids and fit in... He would have understood if I had just told him in the first place.... but I was just so ashamed that I lied to him...

He passed away suddenly a couple of years later.... I wish I could be half the man he was... wish I would have learned more from him than I did.... but as the oldest grandson, I am glad to have had all the time I had with him.

You know to be honest I saw this and thot man this guys giving his whole lifes testamoney. After reading it, im glad I did. Your grandfather hasim sure watched and been happy with the man youve become. Im sure he's proud.

Page 8 of 9 « First<56789>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Prowler, dungonehunting, uofmrebel, sll, 1shot 1kill
13219 Registered Users
Who's Online
140 registered (lightfoot, 2in1shot, WG Taxidermist, Prowler, Mr.Bro, SuperX2, 14 invisible) and 144 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13219 Members
42 Forums
91869 Topics
1073615 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.132 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.