Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3119029 - 01/11/13 09:54 AM Re: Got bit last night... [Re: Kimber45]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Before we had kids we visited a high-school friend of mine who had a 2 yr old girl. This little angel would walk up and SPIT on your clothes! In front of Mom and Dad and they would say jokingly, "I'm gonna get you", and of course she'd onnly spit more. DIdnt go there much and I think I spanked my kidds a time or 2 extra in memory of said event \:D Always told my kids they'd get by with more with me than ANYONE outside our home and they believed it, and I meant it! I cant stand bratty disrespectful kids but again, what's worse is the parent who allows it

#3119033 - 01/11/13 09:56 AM Re: Got bit last night... [Re: Kimber45]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

They better get a handle on it early or things only get worse with age!
#3119067 - 01/11/13 10:15 AM Re: Got bit last night... [Re: Winchester]
RUGER Administrator
Mouse Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

I had a neice that got in the habit of grabbing your face on each side like she was gonna kiss you.
Then she would claw the dog manure out of your face.

I told my sister she better not ever do that to me.

She did..... once.

Before I even THOUGHT I slapped her face then swatted her butt like 5 times.

I then realized I was probably fixing to get flogged.
Oddly enough nothing was said and she never did it again, to anyone. \:D

#3119077 - 01/11/13 10:25 AM Re: Got bit last night... [Re: RUGER]
Bayou Buck
10 Point

Loc: Spring Hill / Perry Co

Its sad the amount of parents that dont discipline there kids theses deays. I did laugh when reading the post though. Atleast it wasnt on the front end \:\)
#3119097 - 01/11/13 10:39 AM Re: Got bit last night... [Re: gasman]
DOC1187
16 Point

Loc: east tn

Originally Posted By: gasman
thats the problem with society today.... no discipline at home..
x2

#3119112 - 01/11/13 10:51 AM Re: Got bit last night... [Re: Bayou Buck]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

I got called an "old man" by a lady at least 10 yrs older than me. Was eating at Pizza Hut and the group behind us consisted of a mom/guardian of about 4 kids that were throwing food at people in the diner. They would laugh about it while trying to pretend it wasn't them that did it. When the first piece of sausage from a pizza came bouncing on our table followed by laughter...I hulked out. I don't remember exactly what all I said to them but the mom tried to blow it off by saying they were just "having fun" and that it was no big deal. She should have kept her trap shut cause that got me even worse. When I got done that time and sat back down their eyeballs were about as big as softballs and there wasn't another peep from that table. Everybody else in the dining area was watching the show and grinning ear to ear. I don't think I would do so well in one of those hidden camera "what would you do" experiments lol.

I do believe we are reaping what we've sown over the past 40 years though....no discipline in the homes, not teaching that your actions have consequences, and also babies raising babies. That "be a friend" kind of raising don't work...parents need to be parents. They say butt whoopin' don't work...well by golly go read the "worse whipping" thread and see how effective it really is lol. Some of us that shared in it, still remember those lessons like they were yesterday...and can almost still feel them.

#3119114 - 01/11/13 10:53 AM Re: Got bit last night... [Re: Crow Terminator]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Crow Terminator

I do believe we are reaping what we've sown over the past 40 years though....no discipline in the homes, not teaching that your actions have consequences, and also babies raising babies. That "be a friend" kind of raising don't work...parents need to be parents. They say butt whoopin' don't work...well by golly go read the "worse whipping" thread and see how effective it really is lol. Some of us that shared in it, still remember those lessons like they were yesterday...and can almost still feel them.

Amen to that!

#3119124 - 01/11/13 11:01 AM Re: Got bit last night... [Re: Crow Terminator]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

We've all got stories but bottom line there has to be some discipline going on...My kids are older now but I have 5 grandsons...they call me Pappa Mike and they already know that you do not disrespect around me...whether it's people, property, animals, tools...etc. From what I've seen in my life, kids respect discipline/authority and need and want to know they have responsibilities or there are consequences.

All five grandsons are my best buddies and spend time with Pappa Mike (the two in TN call me Poppy Mike or just Poppy) and I keep 'em busy...fishing, cutting wood, hunting...they all have their chores and I have mine and making it a "team" project has always worked for me. I've never ever said anything remotely like "my house, my rules" or "as long as you're under my roof"...that type of thing tends to alienate family members...being on the same team/family with the same goals seems to work better.

And, I'm still chuckling about the line "bit me in my a$$ets" haha

Eventus stultorum magister

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3119127 - 01/11/13 11:03 AM Re: Got bit last night... [Re: Kimber45]
KPH
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tenn

It is bad and when you do try to discipline you children, some will make you into a child beater. The do goders have carried things way to far.

#3119228 - 01/11/13 12:47 PM Re: Got bit last night... [Re: KPH]
redlegs07
4 Point

Loc: Mt. Juliet, TN

Shoulda farted on him.
Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
THEdonkey0515, muddyhunter, davey1230, MisquitoNet, strutter rutter
13079 Registered Users
Who's Online
80 registered (Rubberduck270, AndyW, Big Ben, cdw338, dralarms, junebugwapiti, 12 invisible) and 133 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13079 Members
42 Forums
88050 Topics
1031413 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.271 seconds in which 0.015 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.