Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3118686 - 01/11/13 04:28 AM Thought this was pretty good...
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
I have no clue as to the validity of this email I rec'd, but nonetheless, thought it was pretty common-sensical. Go ahead, bash away.

WRITTEN BY A 21 YEAR OLD FEMALE
Wow, this girl has a great plan!

This was written by a 21 yr old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX , Nov 18, 2011

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3118687 - 01/11/13 04:32 AM Re: Thought this was pretty good... [Re: MUP]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Make her President!

#3118700 - 01/11/13 05:03 AM Re: Thought this was pretty good... [Re: MUP]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

She just hates poor people. ;\)

just kidding the only thing I would change it this:

Originally Posted By: MUP

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

I'd eliminate the money part of food stamps(and such) totally. Give people the actual commodities bread/cheese etc instead of cash. Whatever happened to the cheese/bread lines?

#3118707 - 01/11/13 05:33 AM Re: Thought this was pretty good... [Re: BamaProud]
leader
16 Point

Loc: Knox

content Online
 Originally Posted By: BamaProud

She just hates poor people. ;\)

just kidding the only thing I would change it this:

Originally Posted By: MUP

I'd eliminate the money part of food stamps(and such) totally. Give people the actual commodities bread/cheese etc instead of cash. Whatever happened to the cheese/bread lines?

I think that is her idea just not written clearly.

btw, blocks of government cheese is some of the best cheese you can eat or was back in the day....

#3118713 - 01/11/13 05:46 AM Re: Thought this was pretty good... [Re: leader]
rem270
18 Point

Loc: south fulton

Heck yeah. Shes got it going on!

Its not what happens in life, but how you react to it that matters.

#3118828 - 01/11/13 07:35 AM Re: Thought this was pretty good... [Re: rem270]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

content Online
Very enlightened girl and very well spoken IMO

Μολων λαβε

#3118840 - 01/11/13 07:47 AM Re: Thought this was pretty good... [Re: in the dog house!]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

it makes too much sense for the governement to do...

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3118847 - 01/11/13 07:52 AM Re: Thought this was pretty good... [Re: Bottom Hunter]
TRIGGER
Michael Waddell stunt double
10 Point

Loc: Cunningham TN

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
it makes too much sense for the governement to do...

That's about the truth if I've ever heard it.

#3118848 - 01/11/13 07:58 AM Re: Thought this was pretty good... [Re: TRIGGER]
lockon
4 Point

Loc: TN,Bedford

She's got my vote...
#3118851 - 01/11/13 08:07 AM Re: Thought this was pretty good... [Re: lockon]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

content Online
What BH said....

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
82 registered (Eric Kilby, jb3, redblood, MsuFinProf, Bone Collector, Poleaxe, 13 invisible) and 127 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89235 Topics
1043642 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.226 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.