Tndeer Logo

Page 9 of 9 « First<56789
Topic Options
#3118485 - 01/10/13 09:03 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: rukiddin?]
W.Seay
14 Point

Loc: Collierville,TN.

Originally Posted By: rukiddin?
^^^^^You have to have no experience at all with hunting dogs....of anykind. Traps and snares? Thats understandable, you have the right to trap on your own property. But to blatanty brag by "I'll kill it, hostile or not" shows a typical ignorance. You do more to damage the perception of hunting and hunters than all doggers combined.....Stay classy my friend.

W Seay: Is your property in an area where deer dogging is legal? Or are the problems you have with other types (coon, rabbit, etc)? Just curious.

No, it's illegal. The coon hunters and rabbit hunters are who we have the trespassing/dog running problems with. I believe they got the message the last time though.

#3118614 - 01/10/13 10:40 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: Drop 4/5]
darn2ten
8 Point

Loc: lincoln co. tn.

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Drop 4/5
So give me advise on what to do when you have asked the owner dozens of times not to let there dog run your property. You pick vacation time 11 months prior, food plots are doing good. Travel 13 hrs with your sons, get up at 5 sittin by 6 and at 9 the same dog runs all the deer off your food plot for the 5th time in 5 days. It gets old real quick and you hate to lose a friendship but somethings gotta change by next season because I am running out of options.

Ron
Man, I think you already made a post about this. If it's truley dozens of times this guy is playing you for a fool. He's obviously not taking you serious. In this case I personaly don't think he cares near as much about your friendship as you do. I would be getting the county sheriff envolved if it was me, he is showing you no respect so why show him any?

#3118618 - 01/10/13 10:42 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: mrw]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

Originally Posted By: mrw
Team Main Street, you seem to be taking this personal. You also never answered my question. Do you think owners of dogs who habitually trespass should be charged with trespassing?

MRW I could honestly care less for the simple fact that my dogs have not been on anyone's property that has posted here. To answer your question. Nail em to the wall.

Edited by TeamMainStreet (01/10/13 10:43 PM)

Dont tread on me

#3118620 - 01/10/13 10:44 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: m411b]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Originally Posted By: m411b
Your dog does not belong on my property, PERIOD.

Call me whatever you want; I'll kill it, hostile or not, and if you think you're going to come on down, and try something physical. Well, I think you get the point! You put your pants on just like I do, everyday. You'd be best served to get a lawyer!

This can all be resolved if folks would just learn how to respect others, and their property. You be considerate of me, and mine, and I'll show the same respect! It's a two way street fellers...

This is all assuming it doesn't get caught up in one of my numerous traps, or snares!

10-4 Mr. Eastwood. Good luck gettin them pants on.

Dont tread on me

#3118624 - 01/10/13 10:51 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: Drop 4/5]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Drop 4/5
So give me advise on what to do when you have asked the owner dozens of times not to let there dog run your property. You pick vacation time 11 months prior, food plots are doing good. Travel 13 hrs with your sons, get up at 5 sittin by 6 and at 9 the same dog runs all the deer off your food plot for the 5th time in 5 days. It gets old real quick and you hate to lose a friendship but somethings gotta change by next season because I am running out of options.

Ron

Prosecute, prosecute, prosecute. Never once have I said that I thought it was A OK for someone to trespass even once, much less multiple times while chasing a dog. I don't necessarily agree with blowin a mans huntin dog away just cause he comes wandering through. If he was chasin you or chasing deer, yea I would say thump him but otherwise, no. I'm all about people's rights. I am going to do everything I possibly can to uphold people's rights and to get along with everyone. If I'm not wanted somewhere, I'll not be there. I know, I know. I'm a hound hunter, I must be up to no good. Give me a break.

Dont tread on me

#3119370 - 01/11/13 03:13 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: TeamMainStreet]
reed
Button

Loc: tn

I love to deer hunt. That being said, I can see what the world of "deer" hunting is doing to hunting in general. Ruining it. There is more jealousey, envy, strife, over deer hunting than any other type of hunting.Almost all the game laws are made to advance the deer hunting world. Turkeys come in a close second. I also love to turkey hunt. Small game hunters are thrown by the wayside while all the spotlight shines on the deer hunting. Heaven forbid one of my squirrel dogs trees a squirrel over the property line and "ruins" someones deer hunt. It woul be interesting if we had a way to know how many deer hunters would shoot a deer just across the property line if given the oportunity on a certain deer. There is more illegal activity performed by deer hunters than any other type of hunters out there, all for the glory of getting the "big one". Again, I love to deer hunt but I can see what its doing to hunting in general and its not good. I do my best to control my dogs. Shoot one and I know it, would not be good.
Page 9 of 9 « First<56789

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
68 registered (dmoser.270, devo1980, SAWDUST, Hunter 257W, TNRazorback, HuntFish714, 13 invisible) and 110 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13279 Members
42 Forums
93215 Topics
1089580 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.11 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.