Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>
Topic Options
#3117566 - 01/10/13 10:41 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: REM7]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: REM7

I never whip my son if im mad, and I always explain to him why he is being displined.

That was always the Key for me with my boys too. I NEEDED to have a cool head so it didnt go too far AND so there was an understanding on what it was about.

#3117672 - 01/10/13 11:59 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Kimber45]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

Originally Posted By: Kimber45

I never whip my son if im mad, and I always explain to him why he is being displined.

That was always the Key for me with my boys too. I NEEDED to have a cool head so it didnt go too far AND so there was an understanding on what it was about.
agreed. don't know how many of you have daughter's and i ain't ashamed to admit this: when i've had to whip them i've went in the bathroom and cried after it. i don't know if it's any easier with sons.

#3117908 - 01/10/13 03:04 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Brisco Darlin]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

Originally Posted By: Brisco Darlin
 Originally Posted By: Kimber45

agreed. don't know how many of you have daughter's and i ain't ashamed to admit this: when i've had to whip them i've went in the bathroom and cried after it. i don't know if it's any easier with sons.

Its not easier with a son, it breaks my heart to do it everytime I have to and I get teary eyed. He a great kid and usually a hard look gets the job done.

#3117954 - 01/10/13 03:36 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: ]
TRIGGER
Michael Waddell stunt double
10 Point

Loc: Cunningham TN

Guys I apologize to the ones that got beat. That didn't cross my mind when starting this thread even though it should have. Did not mean to get bad memories flowing. For some like myself it sucked at the time but is funny now and I'm glad it happened but for some of you that have been abused I am sorry.
#3118098 - 01/10/13 05:23 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TRIGGER]
huntintn
8 Point

Loc: savannah,TN

Originally Posted By: TRIGGER
Guys I apologize to the ones that got beat. That didn't cross my mind when starting this thread even though it should have. Did not mean to get bad memories flowing. For some like myself it sucked at the time but is funny now and I'm glad it happened but for some of you that have been abused I am sorry.
i have forgiven my father, drinking is a terible demon.
one thing it taught me is never to touch the stuff. Loved my farther with all my heart ,miss him so much.

#3118386 - 01/10/13 08:21 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: huntintn]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

I don't remember getting many spankings. I stayed in line most of the time. I got interrogated, cross examined, and had the riot act read to me a time or two, (maybe more) but I don't remember many spankings.

The one spanking I do remember came from my Mammaw. She and Pappaw were at our house staying with us while my parents were out of town or something. I had a couple friends over and maybe we were a little rambunctious. She got the flyswatter and swatted me on the butt for some reason. Not hard, either...that swat couldn't have knocked over an empty paper bag. The fact that it was in front of my friends made it the worst! Come on, Mammaw, not in front of the guys! \:D

#3118417 - 01/10/13 08:34 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TRIGGER]
eweisner
8 Point

Loc: Portland, TN

Originally Posted By: TRIGGER
Guys I apologize...

No need to apologize. You just gave some of us a chance to exercise a few demons, shed a few tears, and for me to remember my grandfater for the man he became rather than who he had been. Some of us were lucky that way.

http://confessionsofanovicebowhunter.wordpress.com

#3118474 - 01/10/13 08:56 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: eweisner]
TN Whitetail Freak
8 Point

Loc: Bradford, TN (Gibson Co.)

Man yall had it easy mom couldn't afford a belt!.....but plenty of metal coat hangers extension cords and switches were plentiful and she never aimed just swung...i would be bobbing and weaving and putting on an oscar winning acting job

Life's Not Handed To Ya; Go Get It.

Sure, the rut is a GREAT time to hunt if you don't know what you're doing!

#3118486 - 01/10/13 09:03 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: REM7]
encore06
16 Point

Loc: Harrogate, TN

That, my friend, is a quote parents everywhere should hang in their hearts. Many times we do things in the "heat of the moment," that we may do differently if we think it through. I'm a firm believer in proper discipline, spankings/whoppins included.

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

#3118568 - 01/10/13 09:50 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: encore06]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

I am very sorry for anyone that had to endure beatings. But, I do think that kids need to be spanked to be kept in line. I do believe that if more kids were spanked today, there would be less problems with young people.

Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Litemup80, five by five, Doe1961, OfficerBuck, rapalabuck
13311 Registered Users
Who's Online
13 registered (gun nut, TeamTndeer, ImThere, In_my_sights, redblood, Poleaxe, 1 invisible) and 57 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13311 Members
42 Forums
94111 Topics
1099520 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.117 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.