Tndeer Logo

Page 208 of 262 « First<206207208209210>Last »
Topic Options
#3085052 - 12/18/12 10:54 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Key for Joy in life!

Do you feel blessed? Doesn't really matter if you feel like it or not you are. If you have a roof over your head, food to eat, and clothes to wear, you are in the top 10% in the world of being rich! Wow! But being rich doesn't make you blessed, being right with God is what makes one blessed and joyful. That is why those who follow our Lord and serve Him faithfully can give God glory no matter what their circumstances are, even in death. They fear the Lord and love Him! Read this Psalm, it is awesome!

Psalm 112

The Blessed State of the Righteous

112 Praise the Lord!

Blessed is the man who fears the Lord,

Who delights greatly in His commandments.

2 His descendants will be mighty on earth;

The generation of the upright will be blessed.

3 Wealth and riches will be in his house,

And his righteousness endures forever.

4 Unto the upright there arises light in the darkness;

He is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.

5 A good man deals graciously and lends;

He will guide his affairs with discretion.

6 Surely he will never be shaken;

The righteous will be in everlasting remembrance.

7 He will not be afraid of evil tidings;

His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.

8 His heart is established;

He will not be afraid,

Until he sees his desire upon his enemies.

9 He has dispersed abroad,

He has given to the poor;

His righteousness endures forever;

His horn will be exalted with honor.

10 The wicked will see it and be grieved;

He will gnash his teeth and melt away;

The desire of the wicked shall perish.

Do you fear the Lord and do you follow His Word? This is key to having a joyful life in this old sinful world!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3086538 - 12/19/12 08:50 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Reaching the World for Jesus.

In the bible Jesus tells us to reach to three places with the gospel:

Acts 1:8

8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Jerusalem is our home town. Judea and Samaria is our surrounding areas like our state and United States, and then Jesus also said the end of the earth which means around the world! Think about that. Are you reaching the whole world with the gospel of Jesus Christ? You may be thinking "How am I suppose to do that?" When you are active in missions you are doing this! In your home town you should be a witness for Jesus at all times. In your home, at work, at play, at you children's ball game, at the store or wherever! Talk about Jesus and behave like He expects you too! In your state or in the United States support you churches mission program by service and by giving financially. For example in a disaster go volunteer to help. In the rest of the world support missionaries who are giving their lives to spread the gospel. Pray for them and support them financially. When you do you are also taking Jesus around the world in Missions. You also can go serve as their are opportunities all around the world to go on short term mission trips. Use a vacation week and go on a mission trip...it will change your life! I have been on a couple to Haiti and Ecuador and I will never be the same!

Here is the problem, many of us think someone else is suppose to do missions around the world. Wrong answer! It is our job along with others. It comes down to serving self or serving God! I will close with words from Paul, let them sink into your heart and think about those who will go to hell without Jesus.

Romans 10:12-15

12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:

“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,

Who bring glad tidings of good things!”

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3089709 - 12/21/12 07:35 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

The most important announcement ever!

Brothers and sisters this will be my last devotion until January 10th of 2013! I have a busy plate ahead of me and would appreciate your prayers. Youth trip to Gatlinburg for a conference. Christmas! A mission trip to Ecuador to witness to an unreached people group. I will be praying for you and your families that you a have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I want to leave you though with the greatest announcement ever. You find it in the bible in Luke Chapter 2 and verse 11:

Luke 2:11

11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Can you think of another announcement that has been more important than this in history? I can't. This is the only hope of this sin scared world that we live in. God sent His Son as a gift for us, to take our sins and die on that rugged cross for you and I! Please share this announcement this Christmas and all through the New Year. After all that is what we are celebrating right?

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3089717 - 12/21/12 07:41 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Thanks Tom, prayers sent for you in all your travels. Prayers sent for you to reach the loss souls.

#3089750 - 12/21/12 08:04 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
TN Larry
10 Point

Loc: Baxter, Tennessee

content Online
Thanks PMT! Have a safe trip and Merry Christmas!

#3117509 - 01/10/13 09:55 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: TN Larry]
preachermantom
12 Point

Lessons from Ecuador 2013 #1

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the prayers for our mission trip to Ecuador. God answered in a great way! Jesus saved 85 while we were in Sigchos, Ecuador. We also were able to disciple many more into a deeper understanding of God's Word. God showed out and we give Him all the glory.

LOVE!

Today's devotion is one of the lessons I learned and seen in action on our mission trip. Many times while sharing the good news of Jesus my team mate Bill said these words "We may not live in the same place, we may not look alike, we may not talk the same language, but to God we are all the same." Think about those words for a moment. Why do we have so much prejudices in the world? Most of it is because some have taken advantage of others and hurt is hard to forgive! BUT we must look at others through God's eyes not our own. We ALL are created in His image:

Genesis 1:27

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Since God created us in His image then we should not only love God but love our fellow man. God does:

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

In Ecuador we were not welcomed by all but that is ok....we loved them anyway. In our home towns here, not all like us, love them anyway. This is the example Jesus showed and he expects us to do the same:

John 13:35

By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

The love of Jesus will win many, are you a disciple of Christ? Only if you love others!

Tom

Edited by preachermantom (01/10/13 09:57 AM)

Jesus Christ

#3117569 - 01/10/13 10:43 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

AWESOME PMT!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise God for that!

#3117586 - 01/10/13 10:55 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Amen!!! Welcome back, I missed your daily devotions.

#3118904 - 01/11/13 08:37 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Lessons from Ecuador 2013 #2

Longing for God's Word.

Here in the states the majority of people do not have time for the Word. Well let me say they do not want to take the time to hear and learn the Word of God. My Pastor and I have been out visiting many times only to be turned away from sharing God's Word. Many times we have seen folks look out the window and see it was us and not even answer the door! When we don't have time for God we are in a sad state!

In Ecuador we went door to door to share Jesus. After our visit we would ask if we could come back for bible study, 90% of the time they would say yes and invite us back! Many times we were stopping their business to teach God's Word but they did not care...they wanted to learn. If they were to busy at the moment they would ask us to come back at a time where the business would be slower. Many times when we arrived at house for bible study, they would invite other family members and friends over so they could here they Word of God!!!! Where is this in the states?

1 Peter 2:1-3

2 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, 2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Let me ask each of you a question....do you desire God's Word? It is the only way we can grow, that is what the bible says. For our nation to be blessed by God again we need a returning to God's Word and a desire to follow what He says, not what we want to pick and choose what we follow, but everything God says!

Pray for God to help you desire to learn and share God's Word...we can't live without it!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3118976 - 01/11/13 09:16 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Thanks PMT!

Page 208 of 262 « First<206207208209210>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO
13383 Registered Users
Who's Online
45 registered (Howa, kdxdude, wsm, DEER REPELLANT, David Sapp, stratos195, 5 invisible) and 117 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13383 Members
42 Forums
95697 Topics
1120212 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.124 seconds in which 0.045 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.