Topic Options
#3117454 - 01/10/13 09:24 AM Re: So Who Turkey Hunts? [Re: Winchester]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Winchester
 Originally Posted By: BSK
I could care less about those big, noisy acorn and seeding-eating feathered rats.

What more reason do you need to kill them? \:\)

I'll let somebody else waste their time chasing those dumb birds around! ;\)

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3117482 - 01/10/13 09:38 AM Re: So Who Turkey Hunts? [Re: BSK]
Spurhunter
8 Point

Loc: T County, TN

I guess that's why they make chocolate and vanilla. It is beyond the scope of my imagination how someone could prefer sitting in a tree waiting on a deer to walk by over all the interactive parts of turkey hunting. Not to mention the gobbling and strutting and actually sharing hunts with friends and family!

#3117504 - 01/10/13 09:54 AM Re: So Who Turkey Hunts? [Re: Spurhunter]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Originally Posted By: Spurhunter
I guess that's why they make chocolate and vanilla. It is beyond the scope of my imagination how someone could prefer sitting in a tree waiting on a deer to walk by over all the interactive parts of turkey hunting. Not to mention the gobbling and strutting and actually sharing hunts with friends and family!

just something about the spring. i need to be on the water. fall is for hunting,spring is for fishing. like i said before, i'll go some but i usually wish i had gone fishing when i do.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3117539 - 01/10/13 10:17 AM Re: So Who Turkey Hunts? [Re: stik]
Spurhunter
8 Point

Loc: T County, TN

Originally Posted By: stik
just something about the spring. i need to be on the water.

I understand that. I am an avid fisherman too. I take all my vacation in April and typically hunt in the morning and fish in the evenings. I have killed turkeys in the evening but I just prefer turkey hunting in the morning. And a fish will bite any time.

#3117643 - 01/10/13 11:40 AM Re: So Who Turkey Hunts? [Re: Born and Raised]
Tracker
6 Point

Loc: South Fulton,TN. USA

For the first couple weekends, But I am a DEER FANATIC!!!!!!!

#3117815 - 01/10/13 01:49 PM Re: So Who Turkey Hunts? [Re: Tracker]
String Music
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

I'm more of a turkey hunter than a deer hunter! Turkey hunting is much more exciting than deer hunting. Since I played football through college, I never had much time to deer hunt.

Turkey hunting has helped me better understand our property and how both deer and turkey use it. When chasing turkeys, I constantly find myself using the same trails and terrain the deer use. I also find deer sign that I otherwise would not have.
"For I know the plans I have for you..." Jer. 29:11

Hunting Photography:

facebook.com/AMOutdoorPhotography

www.amcunninghamoutdoors.com

#3118118 - 01/10/13 05:37 PM Re: So Who Turkey Hunts? [Re: stik]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Loc: NASHVILLE, TN

Originally Posted By: stik

just something about the spring. i need to be on the water. fall is for hunting,spring is for fishing. like i said before, i'll go some but i usually wish i had gone fishing when i do.

I do this exact same thing stik. In the spring, we take the boat to our cabin. Hunt when the hunting is good and fish when the hunting is bad. Also vice versa when the fishing is good. It usually works out pretty good. Fish one morning and hunt the next. Plus when you get off the lake around noon, that leaves plenty of time for an afternoon hunt. I like fishing more than turkey hunting

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3118570 - 01/10/13 09:52 PM Re: So Who Turkey Hunts? [Re: JCDEERMAN]
tnbucs1
4 Point

JC You ever get that pond filled back in?
#3118573 - 01/10/13 09:53 PM Re: So Who Turkey Hunts? [Re: tnbucs1]
tnbucs1
4 Point

I turkey hunt also. Didn't do as much as I wanted last year but hope to do more this year. I enjoy deer hunting more and not much on late season turkey hunting. Too hot, thick, and too many bugs and snakes on the back end of the season for me.
#3118937 - 01/11/13 09:00 AM Re: So Who Turkey Hunts? [Re: Spurhunter]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Absolutely true. "To each his own."

I actually do share all my deer hunting with friends and family. I almost never hunt alone. We each are in our own treestands, but we hunt the same place on the same days, communicate during the hunt via 2-way radio, and then share deer camp between hunts.

But your also right about liking different types of hunting. I have no interest at all in trying to "call" or "attract" deer to me. I get my thrills from figuring them out and beating them at their own game (ambush hunting along their normal travels).

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

Page 8 of 10 « First<678910>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
52 registered (bobbuck, rastubbs, biglefty20, Jaye, Sea-ark, Steyrhunter, 4 invisible) and 108 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89300 Topics
1044366 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.221 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.