Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3117267 - 01/10/13 06:38 AM Re: Mom Runs Out of Bullets Defending Kids [Re: BMan]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

I heard them say she was using FMJ's. Husband had just taught and trained her to shoot one week earlier.
I think the head neck shots were due to angle. My understanding is she was up in an attic door opening that was inside a closet. SO she didnt really have a chest shot i'd say, she was shooting down at his head at i guess close range.
Also i saw a picture of the scum bag, he had a BIG FAT HEAD!
Her hubby i say taught her to shoot at mass, from her angle, and due to his fat head, i say that was MASS!
SHe did AWSOME i think.

I love hearing her husband on phone with her and 911 at same time
"She’s shooting him! She’s shooting him!” Herman tells the operator.

“Shoot him again! Shoot him!” he tells his wife.

#3117323 - 01/10/13 07:42 AM Re: Mom Runs Out of Bullets Defending Kids [Re: Dale3]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

She was shooting cheap FMJ bullets and hit the thug 5 out of 6 times. 4 to the face and one in the shoulder. Thug has very few teeth left and a seriously messed up grill. LEO source said she would have hit all six if it wasnt for him falling and running.

I agree she should have used hollow points, but because she had any type of protection she and her twins are here to enjoy another day.

John 15:13

#3117521 - 01/10/13 10:04 AM Re: Mom Runs Out of Bullets Defending Kids [Re: ]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

content Online
I read on the "Internet" (so it must be true) he had a collapsed lung, liver and stomach damage. So obviously the information isn't clear. I was thinking if she had Golden Sabers or other good defensive round with center mass hits to the lung(s), liver, and stomach, along with shots to the face, he would have bled out on scene. If she did hit him in the head she obviously didn't do much damage to the brain or spine.

I and not putting her down, she performed amazingly. I am just saying her husband should have made sure she had ammunition loaded in the gun designed for self defense and the out come might have been different.

#3117571 - 01/10/13 10:44 AM Re: Mom Runs Out of Bullets Defending Kids [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
I read on the "Internet" (so it must be true) he had a collapsed lung, liver and stomach damage. So obviously the information isn't clear. I was thinking if she had Golden Sabers or other good defensive round with center mass hits to the lung(s), liver, and stomach, along with shots to the face, he would have bled out on scene. If she did hit him in the head she obviously didn't do much damage to the brain or spine.

I and not putting her down, she performed amazingly. I am just saying her husband should have made sure she had ammunition loaded in the gun designed for self defense and the out come might have been different.

And also another firearm or two close within reaching distance for her to fall back on I would say. ;\) I totally agree FLTNH, she performed amazingly under tremendous pressure imo.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3118507 - 01/10/13 09:13 PM Re: Mom Runs Out of Bullets Defending Kids [Re: BMan]
turkeyslyr3
Spike

Loc: Lawrence Tennessee

Originally Posted By: BMan
Hydrashoks are your friend...
X2

#3118773 - 01/11/13 06:44 AM Re: Mom Runs Out of Bullets Defending Kids [Re: 348Winchester]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

A 38 Special is marginal but for the most part adequate for self defense if the shooter can't physically handle something larger. My wife is small so the 38 is what I bought for her to use. I load it with a +P load and 110 grain hollow points. It might be just as effective - or even moreso - with a heavier cast bullet which has a wide flat point to transfer energy better. The heavier bullet should give better penetration. The reason I say this is that bullet expansion at the low velocity of a 38 Special is going to be marginal at best so hollow points may not expand enough to make any difference. I have dug up a lot of revolver bullets that could almost be fired again. Anyhow, with my wife's limited hand strength and ability to handle heavy recoil, I decided to stick with the light hollow point to reduce recoil.

I have to wonder if this lady was using the old classic 38 Special load of 158gr Round Nose lead bullets. Those were terrible man stoppers. A round nose bullet in any low velocity handgun transfers so little energy that they always take multiple hits. Whatever she was using, I'm glad that she was able to hit this guy enough times to save herself!

#3118899 - 01/11/13 08:34 AM Re: Mom Runs Out of Bullets Defending Kids [Re: Hunter 257W]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

She did AWSOME
Her husband did AWSOME
Give them a break, he just trained her like the week before how to use the gun, maybe they were planning some more training and "im sure they not planned on this training to be needed as soon as it was.
The scum bag cant breath on his own, he on life support, Her and her childern are alive and well,job very well done.
im happy happy happy!

#3119086 - 01/11/13 10:32 AM Re: Mom Runs Out of Bullets Defending Kids [Re: Dale3]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

Of course HE rounds would be better so he would have just exploded on contact. But the fact is a gun is better then no gun, a loaded gun is better then no loaded gun. But a 50 cal loaded with High Explosive round trumps all \:\)
Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
OfficerBuck, rapalabuck, medic2fpc, MachDR, pop
13308 Registered Users
Who's Online
119 registered (walker, Maverick, rutdog, griz01, HenryCohunter, huntintn, 16 invisible) and 152 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13308 Members
42 Forums
94073 Topics
1099026 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.098 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.