Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3117144 - 01/09/13 10:45 PM Are we our owm worst enemy?
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

content Online
Ive been seeing commercials of a upcoming show planing on airing the end of the month called "The Americans". I just question why why why would a show created and allowed to air especially since our russian and american ties are as thin as ice on a spring pond? Its about russians infiltrating our country as us citizens and secretly infiltrate our goverment. To me if I was Putin such a show that was allowed would be like a slap in the face. Cause u know he'll watch it. Why make it? Because our sick taste for such shows fiends for it.
#3117148 - 01/09/13 10:53 PM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Poleaxe]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

no doubt

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3117150 - 01/09/13 10:54 PM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Poleaxe]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Of course we are. People use free speech and art like clubs these days. If you don't agree, you're a heavy handed neo-con, out to push your values on everyone else. Self respect died long ago.
#3117157 - 01/09/13 11:04 PM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Hangnail]
Poleaxe
8 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Hangnail
Self respect died long ago.

I cudnt agree more. Instances like this seams all were doing is picking a fight.

#3117163 - 01/09/13 11:41 PM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Poleaxe]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Poleaxe
Ive been seeing commercials of a upcoming show planing on airing the end of the month called "The Americans". I just question why why why would a show created and allowed to air especially since our russian and american ties are as thin as ice on a spring pond? Its about russians infiltrating our country as us citizens and secretly infiltrate our goverment. To me if I was Putin such a show that was allowed would be like a slap in the face. Cause u know he'll watch it. Why make it? Because our sick taste for such shows fiends for it.

"Allowed" by whom?

#3117167 - 01/09/13 11:56 PM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Bambi Buster]
Poleaxe
8 Point

content Online

Producers, directors, military personel (which most ideas of any military film or book comes from our national archive) then politices have colaborate with military and film producers in order to give it the ok. Much like the 2012 remake of "Red Dawn" at first was supposed to include china as the invaders until high military personel and politice told producers that (china) had to be changed account of deplomatic solutions wud decrease from them taking offense to it. What they make em do? They replaced the storyline from china to north korea invaders. Alot of people dont understand or are in the dark a.bout how much Putin dislikes us. But do we take it into consideration? No we tune in and support it while at the same time pointing a finger at Putnin and all the russian people.

#3117171 - 01/10/13 12:04 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Poleaxe]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Poleaxe

What makes you think that the president of Russia has any interest in US network television dramas? He's too busy getting butthurt over adoptions, anyway.

#3117173 - 01/10/13 12:05 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: TAFKAP]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Besides, "Hunt for Red October" didn't escalate things.........and I'd imagine it would be considered far worse than some spy thriller.

#3117180 - 01/10/13 12:34 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: TAFKAP]
Poleaxe
8 Point

content Online
Everyone knew that hunt for red october was a novel and a movie thats it. Just a hollywood defector. But this show will in ways convience our gulible population that this show is fact. During Putnins first term he had nothing to do with us. When Medvedev got in and there was a weight lifted off us from numerous visits and talks about mutual disarmermemts that actually got done. He was a leader that put the past behind. Now that putnin is back in first thing he's doing is cranking up miltary factories when in present is now your biggest arms dealers in the word. The deal with seal off adopted kids to us families was only done twords us to anger some of these american families. Throught history weither its animals, humans, greek gods. Sometime or another the two biggest boys on the block will go at it sometime or another.
#3117222 - 01/10/13 05:08 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Poleaxe]
EastTNHunter
10 Point

Loc: Rhea Co., TN

content Online
I think that they used Russians because it is not "chic" to use the most relevant enemy to us right now, the Arab radical ruling muslims. THAT may have hurt more feelings than portraying an old classic US enemy made up of predominately white folks.

Just my .02

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
72 registered (51 pointer, lung-buster, EastTNHunter, SAWDUST, BAMA BOW MERKER, devo1980, 12 invisible) and 115 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13279 Members
42 Forums
93215 Topics
1089582 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.11 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.