Tndeer Logo

Page all of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3117144 - 01/09/13 10:45 PM Are we our owm worst enemy?
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

content Online
Ive been seeing commercials of a upcoming show planing on airing the end of the month called "The Americans". I just question why why why would a show created and allowed to air especially since our russian and american ties are as thin as ice on a spring pond? Its about russians infiltrating our country as us citizens and secretly infiltrate our goverment. To me if I was Putin such a show that was allowed would be like a slap in the face. Cause u know he'll watch it. Why make it? Because our sick taste for such shows fiends for it.
#3117148 - 01/09/13 10:53 PM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Poleaxe]
Deer Assassin
dammit
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

no doubt

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3117150 - 01/09/13 10:54 PM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Poleaxe]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Of course we are. People use free speech and art like clubs these days. If you don't agree, you're a heavy handed neo-con, out to push your values on everyone else. Self respect died long ago.
#3117157 - 01/09/13 11:04 PM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Hangnail]
Poleaxe
8 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Hangnail
Self respect died long ago.

I cudnt agree more. Instances like this seams all were doing is picking a fight.

#3117163 - 01/09/13 11:41 PM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Poleaxe]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Poleaxe
Ive been seeing commercials of a upcoming show planing on airing the end of the month called "The Americans". I just question why why why would a show created and allowed to air especially since our russian and american ties are as thin as ice on a spring pond? Its about russians infiltrating our country as us citizens and secretly infiltrate our goverment. To me if I was Putin such a show that was allowed would be like a slap in the face. Cause u know he'll watch it. Why make it? Because our sick taste for such shows fiends for it.

"Allowed" by whom?

#3117167 - 01/09/13 11:56 PM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Bambi Buster]
Poleaxe
8 Point

content Online

Producers, directors, military personel (which most ideas of any military film or book comes from our national archive) then politices have colaborate with military and film producers in order to give it the ok. Much like the 2012 remake of "Red Dawn" at first was supposed to include china as the invaders until high military personel and politice told producers that (china) had to be changed account of deplomatic solutions wud decrease from them taking offense to it. What they make em do? They replaced the storyline from china to north korea invaders. Alot of people dont understand or are in the dark a.bout how much Putin dislikes us. But do we take it into consideration? No we tune in and support it while at the same time pointing a finger at Putnin and all the russian people.

#3117171 - 01/10/13 12:04 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Poleaxe]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

What makes you think that the president of Russia has any interest in US network television dramas? He's too busy getting butthurt over adoptions, anyway.

#3117173 - 01/10/13 12:05 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: TAFKAP]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Besides, "Hunt for Red October" didn't escalate things.........and I'd imagine it would be considered far worse than some spy thriller.

#3117180 - 01/10/13 12:34 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: TAFKAP]
Poleaxe
8 Point

content Online
Everyone knew that hunt for red october was a novel and a movie thats it. Just a hollywood defector. But this show will in ways convience our gulible population that this show is fact. During Putnins first term he had nothing to do with us. When Medvedev got in and there was a weight lifted off us from numerous visits and talks about mutual disarmermemts that actually got done. He was a leader that put the past behind. Now that putnin is back in first thing he's doing is cranking up miltary factories when in present is now your biggest arms dealers in the word. The deal with seal off adopted kids to us families was only done twords us to anger some of these american families. Throught history weither its animals, humans, greek gods. Sometime or another the two biggest boys on the block will go at it sometime or another.
#3117222 - 01/10/13 05:08 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Poleaxe]
EastTNHunter
10 Point

Loc: Rhea Co., TN

I think that they used Russians because it is not "chic" to use the most relevant enemy to us right now, the Arab radical ruling muslims. THAT may have hurt more feelings than portraying an old classic US enemy made up of predominately white folks.

Just my .02

#3117535 - 01/10/13 10:15 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: EastTNHunter]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

content Online
 Originally Posted By: EastTNHunter
I think that they used Russians because it is not "chic" to use the most relevant enemy to us right now, the Arab radical ruling muslims. THAT may have hurt more feelings than portraying an old classic US enemy made up of predominately white folks.

Just my .02

I agree, we are actually being invaded by the Muslim Brotherhood.

#3117604 - 01/10/13 11:07 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1

Just my .02

Yes we are, and they're doing it openly, and with impunity.
Post the link to the documentary in this thread, Patrick.
I watched some of it last night.
Confirms much of what I already knew, and clarifies a lot.

Scary, scary stuff.
The USSR had nothing on these guys that are inside the US now

Edited by sgtwebb1 (01/10/13 11:07 AM)

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3118636 - 01/10/13 11:17 PM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: sgtwebb1]
Poleaxe
8 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: sgtwebb1
 Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1

Just my .02

Yes we are, and they're doing it openly, and with impunity.
Post the link to the documentary in this thread, Patrick.
I watched some of it last night.
Confirms much of what I already knew, and clarifies a lot.

Scary, scary stuff.
The USSR had nothing on these guys that are inside the US now

Post that link you were talking about when u get a chance please. Its got me curious.

Edited by Poleaxe (01/10/13 11:20 PM)

#3118694 - 01/11/13 04:41 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Poleaxe]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

The 1st amendment allows such freedom of expression. The 2nd amendment secures your right to choose to not watch it.

But I think there are much larger problems between the US and Russia besides a dumb, LIberal TV show.

Take this story as an example.

Russia: Putin Activates Anti-American PR Campaign

Moscow politics were dominated last month by the angry reaction of Russian officials to the Magnitsky Act. Adopted by the United States Congress in mid-December, this legislation bars US entry to Russians accused of involvement in the death in custody of anti-corruption lawyer Sergei Magnitsky and other alleged rights abuses as well as freezes any assets they may have. Initially the authorities promised to draw up a similar list of undesirable Americans, but during the passage of the bill in the Duma, additional clauses were added, banning Americans from adopting Russian children and outlawing human rights organizations that receive any private or public support from the US or employ any US citizens. The bill swiftly and with overwhelming support passed the Duma and upper Federation Council and was signed into law by President Vladimir Putin, taking effect from January 1, 2013 (RIA Novosti, December 28, 2012).

http://www.jamestown.org/single/?no_cach...cd0170c23cde180

#3118727 - 01/11/13 06:01 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Crappie Luck]
a retrohillbilly
6 Point

Loc: middle tn

Putin is former head of KGB, his eyebrows will not be raised.

#3118745 - 01/11/13 06:22 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: a retrohillbilly]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

They made a movie about the killing of Osama Bin Laden......

You think THAT might piss some people off????

American's arrogance is why people hate us so much....

Why poke a snake?

just saying

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3118752 - 01/11/13 06:26 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

They made a movie about killing Bush too

#3118814 - 01/11/13 07:16 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Crappie Luck]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

I did not know that......please give me the title so I can check it out.....thanks

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3118823 - 01/11/13 07:31 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0853096/

#3118832 - 01/11/13 07:38 AM Re: Are we our owm worst enemy? [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
 Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

I did not know that......please give me the title so I can check it out.....thanks

To quote a few previous posts, Who are "They"? "They", the filmmakers, are the liberals. Those who hate our country and our Constitution. "They" are the problem with this country.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

Page all of 2 12>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14
13111 Registered Users
Who's Online
81 registered (Vermin93, tyson007, ruthunter, FLTENNHUNTER1, birddog, bowhunter163, 14 invisible) and 113 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13111 Members
42 Forums
89216 Topics
1043320 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.254 seconds in which 0.012 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.