Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#3116555 - 01/09/13 04:23 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
mr.big
Non-Typical

Loc: Copper Head Road

FO

#3116560 - 01/09/13 04:25 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: de novo]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: de novo
 Originally Posted By: leader
 Originally Posted By: Kevin
As for term limits, they are already trying to extend Obama's presidency. The way the masses (main stream media, famous people around the world) back the big O, I would say keep a close eye on this!

Won't happen....

That has about as much chance of passing the Congress and a Supreme Court challenge as Socialized Medicine and forcing Americans to buy a product or suffer a tax penalty. Won't happen?

Yep.

#3116577 - 01/09/13 04:36 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

For the first time Pelosi's - "We have to pass it, to see what's in it" statement has a positive note. According to Breitbart, Harry Reid who was facing a tough reelection bid and was desperate for the NRA endorsement snuck a gun rights amendment into Obamacare. If true, this is funny!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...mo-Registration

Good news -- it has become known that hidden deep within the massive 2800-page bill called Obamacare there is a Senate Amendment protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According to reports, that amendment says the government cannot collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

CNN is calling it "a gift to the nation's powerful gun lobby."

And according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), that's exactly right. He says he added the provision in order to keep the NRA from getting involved in the legislative fight over Obamacare, which was so ubiquitous in 2010.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3116858 - 01/09/13 07:15 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: ]
Akurn
4 Point

Loc: West TN

For the first time Pelosi's - "We have to pass it, to see what's in it" statement has a positive note. According to Breitbart, Harry Reid who was facing a tough reelection bid and was desperate for the NRA endorsement snuck a gun rights amendment into Obamacare. If true, this is funny!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...mo-Registration

Good news -- it has become known that hidden deep within the massive 2800-page bill called Obamacare there is a Senate Amendment protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According to reports, that amendment says the government cannot collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

CNN is calling it "a gift to the nation's powerful gun lobby."

And according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), that's exactly right. He says he added the provision in order to keep the NRA from getting involved in the legislative fight over Obamacare, which was so ubiquitous in 2010.

Is this true?

#3116864 - 01/09/13 07:20 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Akurn]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

yeah no way he could stay in office............... uh huh whatever.

I can honestly say, it has been proven more than once, he can and will do whatever he wants to.

Scary stuff.

#3117002 - 01/09/13 08:38 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With [Re: Kirk]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: Kirk
I find it rather hypocritical that Biden, a man that supports abortion in his public life, could state that "Gun Control is a moral issue, it's critically important that we act."

Not to muddy the waters, but what the heck are these idiots thinking? What is their line of reasoning?

The President can use his "executive power" to insure the additional gun control is enacted. However, this same man points fingers and blames the other side for his economic failures.

USE YOUR EXECUTIVE POWER to solve the debt crisis.

They all need to go. I mean every last one of them, Republican and Democrat. They are all playing games and pointing fingers. It is time to clear out the Government and elect some common sense.

that is because they are all in it together. they are all rich and they view us as their servants. we work and pay taxes to pay their way. they use the media, (Fox, CNN, MSNBC) as their puppets to create the ILLUSION of a divide and to keep us ununited.

They also use the media to instill fear in uneducated people. I don't mean peole that have not been to school, i mean people that have no idea what they are talking about, don't know how, or won't do the research, so they believe everything they hear on TV.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3117220 - 01/10/13 05:05 AM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: de novo]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
"It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they are promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man who knows what the law is today can guess what it will be to-morrow." --James Madison, Federalist No. 62, 1788

Man these guys really knew what could happen, b/c it happened to them.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3117245 - 01/10/13 06:08 AM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: leader]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: leader
OK I got a dumb question do don't blast me.
I see this COULD go bad for gun owners.
But I don't see the connection to the government taking all our guns and America becoming a dictatorship and the comparisons to Hitler.
Don't we have term limits? Haven't we had a gun ban before, alcohol taken away at some point. I don't get the sky is falling mentality and I could be wrong.
The US doesn't have enough money to pay its bills or fund policeman or border patrol, and etc....
How are they going to fund going to houses and getting weapons?
And this is a question I really would like to know the answer to from the mitary guys, are you sworn to protect the President or a certain political party or the freedoms of the US and the Constitution. If I am thinking correctly and it is the latter, then if a Hitleresque figure arose, wouldn't the military defend against it.
These are legit questions I just want to be informed....

My ole redneck philosophy on this is:

How often historically does a change of the seat really turn things around? If we look at our nation as a whole - do we ever get better or do we continue to get less Godly and more immoral? My fear is that the drastic changes obama is putting in place to further support the worthless and steal more from those who'll work - won't get better. It may slow down, but reversing this kind of action doesnt happen much historically. Look at social security. There have been ample presidents of both parties to straighten out the thievery that's taken place yet its worse. Now, we have 8 yrs with a foreign leader who's banking on keeping a democratic president in office thru keeping the bulk of the nation dependant on the White House to live. I think he's laying down a real path of destruction - or at least making a 6-lane out of 2-lane with a goal of total government control since he believes that as a nation we are too ignorant to take care of ourselves (which apparently a majority is).

#3117477 - 01/10/13 09:36 AM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: MUP]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

Originally Posted By: MUP
"It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they are promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man who knows what the law is today can guess what it will be to-morrow." --James Madison, Federalist No. 62, 1788

GREAT post MUP.

#3117483 - 01/10/13 09:39 AM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
 Originally Posted By: MUP

GREAT post MUP.

America is a nation founded by geniuses and now run by idiots!

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
41 registered (Mickey_mvp, arctic_cat, longtine, trm, Paul Burns, Inkstainz, 3 invisible) and 83 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93274 Topics
1089120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.102 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.