Tndeer Logo

Page all of 9 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3116541 - 01/09/13 04:18 PM Worst "spanking"?
TRIGGER
Michael Waddell stunt double
10 Point

Loc: Cunningham TN

I didn't want to hijack NY's post Just curious to hear some of your paddling stories.
The worst I ever got was when I was about six years old dad caught me on the roof getting a spinner bait unstuck from a shingle where I was in the yard practicing casting he wore me out with one of those boat seat straps with the button on the end. I will never forget it

#3116553 - 01/09/13 04:23 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TRIGGER]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

probably when me and my brother were cutting up in church. not a word was said on the drive home.we got home and went to our rooms.heard daddy coming down the hall taking off that belt. he always folded it up double like a black jack.
last one i got i was 17. me and my brother got in a fight and i threw an axe at him. i thought i was too old to get whooped. got proved wrong on that.

#3116554 - 01/09/13 04:23 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TRIGGER]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

None specifically stick out in my mind. But I've had my butt whallopped by wooden spoons, leather belts, many "switches", and the ever dreaded plastic rib from a long-exctinct kite.

#3116558 - 01/09/13 04:24 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TRIGGER]
knightrider
12 Point

Loc: tn

got a willow branch (a nice green one) wrapped around my bare legs one summer day cant remember why but i will not forget the stripes and the blood it brought! i mean that sucker wrapped around my legs three or four times each time it whacked me!!!

#3116563 - 01/09/13 04:29 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: knightrider]
hunter drew
14 Point

Loc: henderson county TN Lexington

I was probably 5 years old. I was drawing a family portrait on my grandparents wall. Man my dad wore me out. The fun y thing about my grandfather refuse to paint over it he loved it

#3116567 - 01/09/13 04:31 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: knightrider]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Fist fighting my cousin, dad got me with the leather belt so bad I peed my pants. Switches for various things. One time I walked barefoot on brand new asphalt and mama broke a yardstick on me.

Saw that same cousin get wore out with a wire coat hanger.

Try any of the above today and dad/mama going to jail.

#3116568 - 01/09/13 04:31 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: knightrider]
MidTN
6 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

I was about 7 or 8, and did not come home as I should. Stopped at a friends house to play. When my dad finally found me he used his big black belt on my backside all the way home. It was like walking the green mile.

Homer Simpson

#3116572 - 01/09/13 04:34 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: MidTN]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

I got several belt whippings. they all were not fun. onetime i had some welts on my legs.

I got jacked up by neck when I was 14-15 yrs old. I thought I would step up to my dad. that ended quickly

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3116575 - 01/09/13 04:35 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: MidTN]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: MidTN
I was about 7 or 8, and did not come home as I should. Stopped at a friends house to play. When my dad finally found me he used his big black belt on my backside all the way home. It was like walking the green mile.

The "Red" Mile \:D

#3116579 - 01/09/13 04:37 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: MidTN]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

3. Got caught building fires behind the chicken coop with hay from the coop
2. Got caught driving without a license and got the dang truck stuck in the cut bean field
1. during a "Have a great summer and don't do drugs assembly" I mooned the entire school and faculty from the stage on the last day of school freshman year (this one was bad)

#3116581 - 01/09/13 04:37 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TAFKAP]
MidTN
6 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
 Originally Posted By: MidTN

The "Red" Mile \:D

You got that right.

Homer Simpson

#3116599 - 01/09/13 04:47 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Bone Collector]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

Worse one I can remember was the time I ran off on one of those all plastic tricycle things. I was just going to town to get a candy bar from the gas station...from where I lived at the time, was a distance of about 8+ miles one way. Little did I know that soon after my adventure started, my mom had began looking for me and was in full panic mode when nobody could find me. I made it to the gas station...got my candy bar...and was on my way back home when one of my uncles passed me going down the road. He turned around and gave me a ride back. We had no idea the wrath that was about to befall me when he dropped me off.

At one time I can remember all the "hickories" within mom's reach were stripped off the trees. All the trees were just trunks up til about 6' high. Hhahah.

#3116600 - 01/09/13 04:47 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Crappie Luck]
jar
4 Point

Loc: tn, rutherford county

We had to go get a branch off the peach tree and if it wasnt good enough we had to get another.
#3116603 - 01/09/13 04:50 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: MidTN]
Redfred16
8 Point

Loc: Hartland, WI

Worse I got it for not stopping my cousin shooting out some windows on the barn with his new BB gun. I was made to go pick my own switch. Came came with a short brown stick, my grandpa told me to go get another and that it better be a good one, cause the longer he has to wait the more I'm getting.

To this day I will smack anyone I see shooting a barn window with a BB gun.

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here

#3116612 - 01/09/13 04:55 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: jar]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

I had a lot of spankings when I was a kid (I was kind of hard-headed). They always involved a belt but none really stand out as being worse than the others. What I really dreaded was when my Grandmother used a switch on me from a cherry tree in the yard. She would start on my legs and work up to my back. As I said earlier, I was a hard-headed kid.

The worst punishment in school was from a sixth grade teacher who brought the blood from my checks with a paddle. \:\(

#3116619 - 01/09/13 05:00 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: GRAMPS]
KPH
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tenn

It may not have been the worse but the one that I always think of. I was about 17 and my mother heard me use a bad word she wore me out. When she told my dad about it I heard him say to her don't you know he is bigger than you. She said I don't care he has to learn. Well I did.

#3116620 - 01/09/13 05:02 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Crappie Luck]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

i was about 8 or 9 we were in church we just got there I told my mom I was going to the bath room there was a couch back there and I went to sleep the whole service mom and dad both wore me out.
that's the worst one for some reason but I was always in trouble and I did a lot of worst things lol I had a lot of fun

Edited by deerhunter10 (01/09/13 05:03 PM)

#3116680 - 01/09/13 05:34 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: ]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

I got so many I can't think of a worst one, except, Ellen. I was 7. She was much older-12?-she had some equipment. We were in her parents detached garage and I swear I had no clue what was gonna happen. I can't clean it up enough to tell the story-we were alone for at least 30 minutes-but She got caught doing a girlie thing-I had just skipped out the door-and squealed on me, tried to blame it on me. Mom kinda freaked and I got it good. Dad got home, heard the story, took me into the basement and just talked with me, told me to start yelling, hit me few times with his belt but not hard at all. I was petrified Dad was gonna kill me and put me in the furnance.
#3116686 - 01/09/13 05:38 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: ]
muddyboots
12 Point

Loc: savannah, tn., usa

They were all bad. My dad could just say something and make u feel like an idiot which was worse than the belt. Didnt want to disappoint daddy. LOL One i remember as i took his truck when i was 15 to go look for deer in the beanfields. Any way i ran in a ditch and messed us the gear linkage and had to tell him. He said "I sure thought u could drive better than that" worse than any spanking i ever got.

#3116718 - 01/09/13 05:52 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: muddyboots]
Redwing
10 Point

Loc: Blount Co.

Wow, I am an Angel compared to you guys. I don't know if my Parents warned me when I was little, but I knew if I stepped out of line, there was consequences as I'm sure you guys knew too. I just chose my dicretions wisely and didn't get caught.
#3116723 - 01/09/13 05:56 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Crappie Luck]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
3. Got caught building fires behind the chicken coop with hay from the coop
2. Got caught driving without a license and got the dang truck stuck in the cut bean field
1. during a "Have a great summer and don't do drugs assembly" I mooned the entire school and faculty from the stage on the last day of school freshman year (this one was bad)

#1 \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\)
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3116729 - 01/09/13 06:00 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: WestTn Huntin'man]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

Had a 2nd grade teacher that kept spanking me because I wouldn't use my right hand to write. Obviously she is the one that needed spanking.
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3116741 - 01/09/13 06:04 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Redwing]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

One thing I remember clearly about the 70's my was my Dads big wide belt with a big buckle on it. I have two younger brothers.
I think I was about 11 and they 9 and 7. We had watched, not participated, just watched our neighbor across the street beat up the neighbor that lived beside us. The little liar went home and told his mother that we all four jumped him.

My Dad answered the phone, said "Ok, I will take care of them". Hung up the phone and took off that big Brady Bunch looking belt he was wearing.

I got it first. He warped me about 5 good times and it hurt. He grabbed my younger brother Erik and fired him up. My youngest brother Brad decided he would dance around during his spanking.

My Dad had to catch him and bend him over, in the mean time, he had laid the belt down. He grabbed it back up, left about a foot
of belt and the big buckle hanging down. When he swung the belt, the buckle bounced off my Dads nuts. He was trying to spank my brother and catch his breath and we were all three laughing so hard at him he just quit. Threw the belt down and set down in his chair.

I miss my Dad.

#3116743 - 01/09/13 06:06 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: WestTn Huntin'man]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

This one is easy.
My job was putting up the silverware while my brother and sister put everything else in the dishwasher up.

I screamed, I hate this place I am so mistreated around here, and then opened the drawer and dumped the silverware in the draw (instead of putting it where it belonged) threw the basket down and stormed off through the kitchen and out the sliding glass doors towards the patio.

I never made it to the patio. I was jerked back inside by the hair and my mom commenced to whooping the corn bread hades out of me with the basket.

OMG that freaking silverware basket was made of wire (yes I am old) and it HURT. I mean HURT.

Needless to say, I put the silverware up in between rubbing my butt and legs.

Never mentioned being mistreated again. \:D

#3116783 - 01/09/13 06:26 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: RUGER]
dogmatik
8 Point

Loc: Tampa, Fl.

Long time ago... I was not even in 3rd grade yet. We lived in Miami. My dad was a cop. Well he had a big party for the holiday. Tons of people. Well me and my sister and brother had to stay in our rooms. I didn't like that one bit. So I got the bright idea to call the operator or 911... Don't quite remember which it was way back then....I told them how bad I was being treated and my parents wouldnt let me eat cause they only wanted to party.
2 things I didn't consider.....1 being that the house was full of cops and firefighters, and the 2nd being that the police or operator would actually call back and speak to my dad.
It was bad. If the barometric pressure is just right....I can still feel by butt twitch.
Worst. Beating. Ever.

#3116797 - 01/09/13 06:34 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: dogmatik]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

4 of us brothers would always get into something.

Mom just lined us up, oldest to youngest, broke out her wood cutting board and went down the line.
She broke it in half on an older brother so I got off easy. \:\)

#3116800 - 01/09/13 06:36 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: dogmatik]
7mm08
12 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

Let's just say the greatest day of my life at home growing up was the day my younger brother got the idea to hide the razor strap my "father" used on us over my parents poster bed! He went crazy one day looking for it and never found it again. We finally buried it in the woods! Not funny at the time but it is now.

#3116821 - 01/09/13 06:48 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: dogmatik]
TRIGGER
10 Point

Originally Posted By: dogmatik
Long time ago... I was not even in 3rd grade yet. We lived in Miami. My dad was a cop. Well he had a big party for the holiday. Tons of people. Well me and my sister and brother had to stay in our rooms. I didn't like that one bit. So I got the bright idea to call the operator or 911... Don't quite remember which it was way back then....I told them how bad I was being treated and my parents wouldnt let me eat cause they only wanted to party.
2 things I didn't consider.....1 being that the house was full of cops and firefighters, and the 2nd being that the police or operator would actually call back and speak to my dad.
It was bad. If the barometric pressure is just right....I can still feel by butt twitch.
Worst. Beating. Ever.

Lol I can imagine.

#3116825 - 01/09/13 06:50 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: 7mm08]
SilverFox
12 Point

Loc: Kodak TN

I have a twin brother... That's double the trouble but one sticks out.

Worst was when I flipped a bike into a ditch full or briars. The only thing I had on was a pair of shorts. I was cut from head to toe. I wasn't suppose to be there and it wasn't my bike that I messed up. He made me take a shower and lay on the bed while he put Merthiolate all over the cuts. I looked like a tiger. He said if you cry I'm gonna cut your butt... Well, I did cry and he did cut my butt.

Needless to say, I hate Methiolate to this day.

#3116872 - 01/09/13 07:24 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: SilverFox]
shopson
10 Point

Loc: Greeneville

On a Christmas Eve I was lying and they new it and I wouldn't back down. Plenty of whelps through the britches.
#3116875 - 01/09/13 07:25 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: SilverFox]
Lost Lake
6 Point

Loc: Middle Tn

The worst was when I had just learned to write in cursive and decided to practice my new found talent by writing cuss words. They were beautifully written if I do say so myself. Unfotunately, I forgot to dispose of the evidence. I can still remember the look on my Mother's face as she read them to herself. I was told to wait in my room till my Stepfather got home. I can still remember running in circles as he was holding me off the floor and whipping at the same time. He is a big man.

Overall, I was much more scared of my Mother. She had the best aim of anyone I've ever known. If I or my sisters were messing up, she could smack you right in the back with whatever was handy and it HURT. The worst was when I was without a shirt in Summer and she was washing dishes...she could get me right between the shoulders with a rubber glove she was wearing and I felt like dragging my whole backside on the ground to get rid of the pain. For years her nickname was "Snap and Pop", cause you never knew when to expect it.

#3116981 - 01/09/13 08:22 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Lost Lake]
eyeseeker
4 Point

Loc: Hickman county

My mom was the same way. We called her quick draw because she carried a paddle in her purse. It was one of those old wooden ones that came with an elastic band and a bounce ball attached to it, but she always tore those off and just carried the paddle with a little of the handle sticking out of her purse a little like a pistol grip. One day my sisters and i were with her at Kmart and decided to play hide and seek in the clothes racks...she catches us and begins teaching us why we had better mind. In the midst of us getting it, a manager rounded the corner and proceeds to tell her "ma'am...you cant spank those kids in here" with a crazed look in her eye and without missing a beat she asked him "Do you want to be next?".....minded her pretty well after that! Incedently she is now raising my niece and nephew and over Christmas I noticed the paddle has reappeared in her purse. I asked my nephew about it and he said he was pretty sure she was faster than the speed of light with that thing.
#3116990 - 01/09/13 08:30 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Lost Lake]
eweisner
8 Point

Loc: Portland, TN

My grandfather had a leather strap on a belt clip he carried right behind his .38 S&W it had a forked tongue and he spared nothing when using it on dog's and children. The one and only time my dad threatened his father was over him using it on me. Grandpa hung it up and never used it again.

http://confessionsofanovicebowhunter.wordpress.com

#3117006 - 01/09/13 08:40 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: eweisner]
huntintn
8 Point

Loc: savannah,TN

worse spanking? Spent 4 days in the hospital over a broke glass. Spankings were unheard of, beatings are what we got, remember being kept home from school because of the bruises. Bad memories right here.

#3117013 - 01/09/13 08:44 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: eweisner]
TRIGGER
10 Point

Originally Posted By: eweisner
My grandfather had a leather strap on a belt clip he carried right behind his .38 S&W it had a forked tongue and he spared nothing when using it on dog's and children. The one and only time my dad threatened his father was over him using it on me. Grandpa hung it up and never used it again.

Those are strong words that I'm sure no one else will grasp as well as yourself.

#3117019 - 01/09/13 08:48 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: huntintn]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Loc: Jackson Co. TN

I had many but the worst spanking is when I was about 8 or 9 i guess, and was caught throwing little gravel rocks (testing my aim) at the chickens. Stepdad caught me, took off his belt and after my rear turning red and blue, that was the last time I did that haha. But I thank my parents for whipping me as a kid, it's the best way to learn right from wrong, cause you always remember it

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody"

#3117023 - 01/09/13 08:53 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: huntintn]
utfan1
10 Point

Loc: cleveland,tn

dad snatched me up i swear by one foot and whooped me head to toe. remember it like yesterday but not sure what i had set fire to get it. maybe 7 yr old...
...mom didnt really "whoop"us but she would turn your head side ways for running off at the mouth and would grab the fat under your bicep with these long fingers and try to twist it off.
the last time she did that i caught an elderly gentlemen in a revolving door and gave him the ride of his life . didnt notice he was in the door but always looked from then on.
the worst i ever saw was when my oldest sister came home drunker than a skunk at 17. dad owned a bar and knew what a drunk looked like. mom and dad were watching t.v. when she came home.
after sis walked on by dad looked at mom and said your daughter is blind drunk,mom replied she better not be!......me and my other sis hid on the steps and held each other while mom was beating her. holy crap it was bad. pretty sure mom force fed her the bottle of canadian mist they found in her car. child abuse?idk but she stopped drinking...

#3117043 - 01/09/13 09:10 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TRIGGER]
eweisner
8 Point

Originally Posted By: TRIGGER
Those are strong words that I'm sure no one else will grasp as well as yourself.

But you did.

He was a good man. A hard man, but a good man. At his eulogy the pastor had known him for 25 years stood up at the pulpit and said that Ray J (it's on his certificate of birth that way) was, well Ray J, a difficult man at best.

I looked around the church at all the people there and they were nodding, but I also knew that they loved him. He was always going over to someone's house with garden vegetables or some fish he had caught, mowing someone's yard, welding some old farmers plow for free and then trying it out on their ground to make sure it would work. He wouldn't take a dime.

He'd work the sun into the ground and was as tough as nails. But we loved him, and he loved us as hard as the man he was. Six tall grandsons carried him to his final resting place.

We buried him 8 years ago this February. I'd move heaven and earth to listen to him play his old flat top again. It' sitting in my living room now.

Man you stirred some strong emotions.

Edited by eweisner (01/09/13 09:11 PM)

#3117098 - 01/09/13 09:59 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: eweisner]
SilverFox
12 Point

Loc: Kodak TN

Anyone else get 2? If mom gave me one, I got another when dad got home for making my mom beat me.

#3117120 - 01/09/13 10:25 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Crappie Luck]
WGK
WILD BILL
12 Point

Loc: loudon

High school football coach and I was wearing wet gym shorts. I thought my butt was going to fall off. 37 years later and I can still feel it.

#3117125 - 01/09/13 10:30 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: DaveB]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

Originally Posted By: DaveB
I got so many I can't think of a worst one, except, Ellen. I was 7. She was much older-12?-she had some equipment. We were in her parents detached garage and I swear I had no clue what was gonna happen. I can't clean it up enough to tell the story-we were alone for at least 30 minutes-but She got caught doing a girlie thing-I had just skipped out the door-and squealed on me, tried to blame it on me. Mom kinda freaked and I got it good. Dad got home, heard the story, took me into the basement and just talked with me, told me to start yelling, hit me few times with his belt but not hard at all. I was petrified Dad was gonna kill me and put me in the furnance.

at 7, one werent nothing too bad

#3117240 - 01/10/13 05:56 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: redblood]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

I can only think of (1) time my dad ever hit me. But, I had a messed up childhood - not that I'm alone here. My 2 younger brothers and I were products of a divorce, and my parents were very civil actiing towards each other. But, we lived with my mom and saw my dad every other weekend so the last thing we ever wanted to do was upset dad. So, naturally we were good as gold when around him and NEVER wanted to upset him. Divorce really messes with kids psyche no matter how "nice" or "civil" parents think the divorce is. I hear people say, when talking about their kids and divorce, well me and their mom still get along, we still love each other just in a different way, so the kids are taking it really well. Bull crap, you don't know what's going on in the recesses of a child's head.

Sorry for the tangent, my mom, how she maintained her sanity raising 3 boys alone is beyond me. We always fought and bickered. She used the belt exclusively and a lot. I remember one time when I was in 8th grade she caught us playing basketball in the living room. We had a big box (water heater box maybe) and we were going nuts, sweating like crazy, and there was some full on Harlem street ball sh!t going on up in that house that day. She walked in the front door and we never even heard her. She didn't say a word, went straight to her room, got the belt, and commenced. Here comes the bad part. At one point, I attempted to jump the belt but my leg went through the loop and I fell down. My mom, still holding the belt fell down too, BUT we were both right at the endge of the stairs leading up from the front door and she fell down about 3 stairs into the foyer. Well, that didn't help things as you might imagine...but the rest is ancient history. I thought I was too old for a whipping when that happened.

#3117311 - 01/10/13 07:28 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: BlountArrow]
PalsPal
8 Point

This thread brings back a lot of memories.

My dad was on the road through the week, so it was up to my mom to administer the discipline on me and my younger brother (by 17 months), and she did not disappoint. I miss her!

However, one of the more memorable "spankings" was one I barely avoided.

I was in either the 4th or 5th grade, and we had a substitute teacher that day. It was one we had had before, and lets just say the kids weren't real fond of her. She was strict and mean, for a sub.

Anyway, I was turned around talking to someone, with half my rear hanging off the old-style desk seat. She had slipped up behind me with her 18" or so paddle, and was proceeding to light me up by surprise.

I don't know what alerted me (could have been my buddy's eyes getting big), but I suddenly turned so that I was fully seated, with nothing hanging over, as she had already started her motion. She drilled the side of the desk, and it must have about broken her hand, because she just went back up front and never made a peep \:D !

#3117347 - 01/10/13 08:05 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: PalsPal]
Hammer
8 Point

Loc: M'boro

1983 15 years old. It was the last one and the best one. Dad saved the best for last!
#3117359 - 01/10/13 08:16 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Hammer]
Kingston
8 Point

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns

The "paddling" I didn't mind so much, mostly done by dad. And there were so many that none really stand out.
Now my mom on the other hand preferred the belt which is whole different ballgame. \:D

#3117376 - 01/10/13 08:26 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TRIGGER]
RussellvilleRob
8 Point

Loc: Russellville

My dad didnt whip, he literally kicked your a$$.....

I threw a gravel one time & hit his freshly painted F-150.... He wore me out with his size-11 steel toe boot..... Seriously!

#3117398 - 01/10/13 08:38 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: RussellvilleRob]
trealtree
16 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

I shot the front storm glass door out with my RedRyder BB gun ..... Parents thought I did it on purpose , but it was actually a ricochet. The bb bounced off the concrete where I had placed a roll of snap caps that I was trying to shoot. I think I was about 8 years old.

#3117419 - 01/10/13 08:52 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: huntintn]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Originally Posted By: huntintn
worse spanking? Spent 4 days in the hospital over a broke glass. Spankings were unheard of, beatings are what we got, remember being kept home from school because of the bruises. Bad memories right here.

I can relate to that. I left home and joined the marines when I was 17. It was for the best...

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3117438 - 01/10/13 09:11 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Rebel]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Rebel

I can relate to that. I left home and joined the marines when I was 17. It was for the best...

Incredible. So what's the relationship like with your guys' parents like nowadays?

#3117439 - 01/10/13 09:13 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: BlountArrow]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Wow, Rebel and trealtree.

I'm so sorry guys \:\(

#3117450 - 01/10/13 09:22 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Crappie Luck]
WGK
WILD BILL
12 Point

Loc: loudon

Thats a tough way to grow up guys sorry you had to go thru that.

#3117457 - 01/10/13 09:26 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: BlountArrow]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

My mom and dad were and are good people. Our relationship is good. I live over 600 miles from where I grew up. My parents grew up in a very strict environment and my dad only knew how to bring me up in the same way in which he was raised.

Kids today could certainly benefit from more discipline. Maybe not what I was exposed to. But timeouts and banning of priveleges are a joke...

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3117459 - 01/10/13 09:27 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Rebel]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Rebel

WoW! Sorry guys - those situations are why it's seen as wrong to spank children today. There's Spanking and then there's Beating.. 2 totally different things for sure and again, sorry you had to endure that.

#3117461 - 01/10/13 09:28 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: BlountArrow]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Oh did I get some good ones! I had the blood cut out of my legs with a big switch (more like a limb) more than once! I will say however I never got one I didnt deserve. My parents were great but my Dad took no bull whatsoever and his whippings would leave an impression for some time. Im so glad i got them as well, kept me from going down the wrong road more than once.
#3117462 - 01/10/13 09:29 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: WGK]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Grandma's plum tree switch was pretty bad!!

My dad was a Marine and was pretty good at intimidating, if that didnt work it was web belt time. If that did not work completely, dry wall repair would be in my future! I sure miss my dad, he was hard but he loved his family the same way. I remember I had a sixth grade teacher who picked me up off the ground by my neck and I kicked him in the nether regions to get away...thought my dad was going to kill him when he found out.

Edited by Unicam (01/10/13 09:29 AM)
Edit Reason: sp.
John 15:13

#3117472 - 01/10/13 09:35 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Crappie Luck]
marlin45/70
4 Point

Loc: Lenoir City, Tn

This is going to sound bad, But i was 10 years old and shot my Grandmother (DAD'S Mom) in the thigh with a BB gun. My dad traveled through the week and mom never spanked us, But Grannie wanted us to come in and i didn't want to and aim the gun at some wrought iron colunms we had and fired, it bounced off it and into her thigh. Dad came home that weekend and never said anything, got up saturday morning and he said " lets go shoot your bb gun" I grab it and out the door i went. He tooked the gun and wrapped it around a small pine tree and then the whopping started and the the last thing he said to me was he would never buy me another gun and he didn't. He did however give me one about two years ago as a gift.Felt bad that i did it but my butt felt even worse. I did at the ripe age of 16 think i was to old to be whopped anymore and stood up to him and the last thing i remember was me laying in the yard with a sore jaw and him standing over me saying "don't ever thing you can whopp me again" and i never had.Funny now but hurt like hell when it happened!!!!

#3117505 - 01/10/13 09:54 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: BlountArrow]
Barrett
formerly bad_deer24
12 Point

Loc: Nolensville, TN

I did not make good grades in school. I don't remember how old I was but I had a mid-semester progress report that was not good and had to be signed. I always went to my dad's store after school and had to hang out upstairs. I decided I would do some experimenting and see if I could "change" my grades.

I started out by putting the progress report on the copier and making a copy. I then "changed" my grades on the copy instead of the original just in case it looked terrible. It actually looked really good and I was so proud of my artistic abilities that I took the prosress report to dad right then. He told me good job and signed it. Once I got it signed I was going to put it under a light and trace the signature onto the original. Unfortunately I forgot about the original and one of my dad's co-workers found it on the copier.

By the time I relized I had left it there, mom had already picked me up and I was home. He called and told her to make me wait in my room. I was in my bad when he came in with his belt in his hand. He told me to get out of the bed and I refused. He pulled me out of that bed so fast and beat the daylights out of me. That was the worst one I remember.

"Don't Be Where They Are, Be Where They're Gonna Be"

>------>

#3117547 - 01/10/13 10:25 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Barrett]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

Had more than I care to remember. Mom and dad divorced when I was 6. Dad lived 7 hours away. Only whippin he ever gave me was for getting his best 2 coon dog pups tore up. Me and my cousin 10yrs old we were decided take the pups out and let them tree while we squirrel hunted. Well long story short dogs treed a bobcat and we shot him out, and boy was he mad when he hit the ground. Dogs and him went at it, he won. Dad beat us both bout death with a combo of a limb and belt. RIP

Mom would beat you without hestitation or care. Worst from here I was about 12 and snuck my puppy in my room cause it was cold out. Puppy ran out of room and got on moms fresh mopped floor and it was on. Thank God my step dad was home, she pinned me in a corner and let me have it. Broke nose, black eye, busted lip and 2 broke finger later he finally pulled her off me. I forgave her and she pretended it never happen. I never whip my son if im mad, and I always explain to him why he is being displined.

#3117555 - 01/10/13 10:33 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: REM7]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Originally Posted By: REM7
...Thank God my step dad was home, she pinned me in a corner and let me have it. Broke nose, black eye, busted lip and 2 broke finger later he finally pulled her off me...

I'm not sure how you forgive that, but good that you could.

#3117563 - 01/10/13 10:38 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: BlountArrow]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

My worst ever were the switch's and normally when I was made to go GET the switch and would come back with one that you couldnt have done much with \:D

NEVER got one I didnt deserve and sure slipped around MANY somehow ;\)

I think my worst was when I was about 15 - little brother was 13.. He threw something SO being the idiot I was my shoe became my weapon of choice (and you old guys know how stiff an ole shoe was in the 70's) Thank the Lord i missed him and the show went thru the sheetrock - stuck in the wall! My mom had a huge antique painting there so I moved it over about 16" to cover the hole \:D And within an hour of her being home she decided to move the pic back to center and walla - the great hole \:D That whipping was one to remember \:D

#3117566 - 01/10/13 10:41 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: REM7]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

I never whip my son if im mad, and I always explain to him why he is being displined.

That was always the Key for me with my boys too. I NEEDED to have a cool head so it didnt go too far AND so there was an understanding on what it was about.

#3117672 - 01/10/13 11:59 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Kimber45]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

Originally Posted By: Kimber45

I never whip my son if im mad, and I always explain to him why he is being displined.

That was always the Key for me with my boys too. I NEEDED to have a cool head so it didnt go too far AND so there was an understanding on what it was about.
agreed. don't know how many of you have daughter's and i ain't ashamed to admit this: when i've had to whip them i've went in the bathroom and cried after it. i don't know if it's any easier with sons.

#3117908 - 01/10/13 03:04 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Brisco Darlin]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

Originally Posted By: Brisco Darlin
 Originally Posted By: Kimber45

agreed. don't know how many of you have daughter's and i ain't ashamed to admit this: when i've had to whip them i've went in the bathroom and cried after it. i don't know if it's any easier with sons.

Its not easier with a son, it breaks my heart to do it everytime I have to and I get teary eyed. He a great kid and usually a hard look gets the job done.

#3117954 - 01/10/13 03:36 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: ]
TRIGGER
10 Point

Guys I apologize to the ones that got beat. That didn't cross my mind when starting this thread even though it should have. Did not mean to get bad memories flowing. For some like myself it sucked at the time but is funny now and I'm glad it happened but for some of you that have been abused I am sorry.
#3118098 - 01/10/13 05:23 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TRIGGER]
huntintn
8 Point

Loc: savannah,TN

Guys I apologize to the ones that got beat. That didn't cross my mind when starting this thread even though it should have. Did not mean to get bad memories flowing. For some like myself it sucked at the time but is funny now and I'm glad it happened but for some of you that have been abused I am sorry.
i have forgiven my father, drinking is a terible demon.
one thing it taught me is never to touch the stuff. Loved my farther with all my heart ,miss him so much.

#3118386 - 01/10/13 08:21 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: huntintn]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

I don't remember getting many spankings. I stayed in line most of the time. I got interrogated, cross examined, and had the riot act read to me a time or two, (maybe more) but I don't remember many spankings.

The one spanking I do remember came from my Mammaw. She and Pappaw were at our house staying with us while my parents were out of town or something. I had a couple friends over and maybe we were a little rambunctious. She got the flyswatter and swatted me on the butt for some reason. Not hard, either...that swat couldn't have knocked over an empty paper bag. The fact that it was in front of my friends made it the worst! Come on, Mammaw, not in front of the guys! \:D

#3118417 - 01/10/13 08:34 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TRIGGER]
eweisner
8 Point

Guys I apologize...

No need to apologize. You just gave some of us a chance to exercise a few demons, shed a few tears, and for me to remember my grandfater for the man he became rather than who he had been. Some of us were lucky that way.

#3118474 - 01/10/13 08:56 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: eweisner]
TN Whitetail Freak
8 Point

Loc: Bradford, TN (Gibson Co.)

Man yall had it easy mom couldn't afford a belt!.....but plenty of metal coat hangers extension cords and switches were plentiful and she never aimed just swung...i would be bobbing and weaving and putting on an oscar winning acting job

Life's Not Handed To Ya; Go Get It.

Sure, the rut is a GREAT time to hunt if you don't know what you're doing!

#3118486 - 01/10/13 09:03 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: REM7]
encore06
16 Point

Loc: Harrogate, TN

That, my friend, is a quote parents everywhere should hang in their hearts. Many times we do things in the "heat of the moment," that we may do differently if we think it through. I'm a firm believer in proper discipline, spankings/whoppins included.

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

#3118568 - 01/10/13 09:50 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: encore06]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

I am very sorry for anyone that had to endure beatings. But, I do think that kids need to be spanked to be kept in line. I do believe that if more kids were spanked today, there would be less problems with young people.

#3118644 - 01/10/13 11:38 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: GRAMPS]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

Originally Posted By: GRAMPS
I am very sorry for anyone that had to endure beatings. But, I do think that kids need to be spanked to be kept in line. I do believe that if more kids were spanked today, there would be less problems with young people.

Its ok cause mine wasnt a bad memorie. I hooked up with this smoking hot really agressive cop once. Before I knew it I was in handcuffs. Out came a huge paddle. I started to scream for help then I thot "hey lets see what this is like" idiot I was at first. After the numbness set in and I got to return the favor it didnt turn out to be a bad spanking after all. Tho I was scared what might join the party next. FREAK SHE WAS.

#3118760 - 01/11/13 06:32 AM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Crappie Luck]
TrailWatcher
8 Point

Loc: Tn,Knox

Hot wheels track ....Never played with it again...

#3119334 - 01/11/13 02:35 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TrailWatcher]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

My parents got divorced right before I started kindergarten.... several years went by before dad even called to check on my brother or me.... My brother is 3 years younger than me depending on the time of year. My mother pretty much raised us until I was old enough to help out and take care of my brother.... make sure we were both up and ready for school to catch the bus, otherwise we would have to walk the mile or two to school, because she would leave for work so early or at times worked midnights and got home after we had already left for school.

When we did get out of line, it was a switch, belt, yardstick, ruler across the open palm, slap on the face for backtalk, standing with our nose in the corner, wooden spoon, coat hanger.....

My grandfather and uncle were the main men in my life while being raised... My grandfather could talk in a firm voice or look at you with "that look" and you know you did wrong.... Once in particular, I was riding my tricycle in a mudpuddle.... he told me once to stay out of it and not get back in it. Well he turned his back to work on something and I drove right back through that puddle.... Next thing I know, I am being lifted into the air and he is whipping my butt.... He sat me back down on the seat and said get back on the concrete and not get off of it.

I had only seen my grandfather mad a couple of times.... I mean real mad... it took some to get him worked up, but when he was, even a woman scorned had nothing on him. He had a shephard mix dog and she chased a calf trying to catch it.... He called her to him and he grabbed her collar and started kicking the crap out of that dog... wearing cowboy type work boots.... she never chased another calf or cow.

I had grown up and spent alot of time out on my grandparents "farm".... I was then the oldest of 3 grandsons.... I lived with them for a little while after graduating high school.... One day I was rained out of work, worked operating heavy equipment building roads, my supervisor had asked me to go with him to Nashville to help him bring back a new car he bought.

My grandfather was mowing with the lawnmower and saw me standing around waiting on the guy to come pick me up. Well he comes over and says, "why don't you get on the little tractor and mow around the barn and lake"? I said I had something to do and couldn't.... He looked me right in the eye and said, "why is it when something needs doing around here, you have other plans"? He told me if I couldn't help out, to go get my s**t packed and go back to my moms house.... and that he didn't mean tomorrow, right now!!

Well I am here to tell you, I was 19 or 20 at the time and tears welled up... I walked to the house to change into some work clothes and call my supervisor to tell him I couldn't go.... He tried to put a guilt trip on me, but I told him I just couldn't go and I had no other choice....

I went over to my granddad to ask him which mowing equipment he wanted me to use... He said he didn't care.... that I eat his food, watched his satellite tv, done my laundry with their stuff.... all he asked me to do was help out around the place.... Said if it got to where he could no longer take care of the place and no one was willing to help out, they would sell the SOB and move to town.....

Another story with him.... When I was in my Senior year of high school, I could leave early to go to work if I had a job. So from time to time, if he had work and needed help, I would run heavy equipment for him.... He let me drive his extra truck so I had a way to the jobsite. He specifically told me NOT to be driving it to school, as I usually rode the bus, when I wasn't helping him.

Well a couple of weeks went by with me working in the afternoons with him.... AND driving the truck to school when I wasn't. Well growing up in a single parent home, we had what was essential and that was it.... So when I got the chance to drive a nice truck like many of the other kids who had mommy and daddy buy them a vehicle, I took it.... I had always liked that Dodge and I was the man when driving it....

Well we were going down the road one afternoon after work, we finished the job, and he was taking me to my moms house. Small talk began and he straight up asked if I had been dirving the truck to school.... Well without thinking, I said NO..... It was the first time I had blatently lied to him and I was ashamed and embarrassed.... felt like a sorry piece of scum..... I waited a few minutes and then told him I needed to tell him something.... that I lied to him.... He asked me if I thought he didn't know what was going on... he had either gone by my moms house and didn't see the truck or went by the school and seen it in the parking lot.... So he asked why I was driving it to school... well I said because I overslept and missed the bus. He looked over at me and said, "if you can get up to go hunting at 4:30 in the morning, you can get up to catch a school bus".

Things went on after that as normal.... I never did tell him I really drove it just to be like the other popular kids and fit in... He would have understood if I had just told him in the first place.... but I was just so ashamed that I lied to him...

He passed away suddenly a couple of years later.... I wish I could be half the man he was... wish I would have learned more from him than I did.... but as the oldest grandson, I am glad to have had all the time I had with him.

Sorry for the long read guys, just brings back so many memories when life was much simpler and remembering what once was....

#3119342 - 01/11/13 02:48 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
mossyhorns300
10 Point

Loc: memphis, tn & savannah, tn

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
My parents got divorced right before I started kindergarten.... several years went by before he even called to check on my brother or me.... My brother is 3 years younger than me depending on the time of year. My mother pretty much raised us until I was old enough to help out and take care of my brother.... make sure we were both up and ready for school to catch the bus, otherwise we would have to walk the mile or two to school, because she would leave for work so early or at times worked midnights and got home after we had already left for school.

When we did get out of line, it was a switch, belt, yardstick, ruler across the open palm, slap on the face for backtalk, standing with our nose in the corner, wooden spoon, coat hanger.....

My grandfather and uncle were the main men in my life while being raised... My grandfather could talk in a firm voice or look at you with "that look" and you know you did wrong.... Once in particular, I was riding my tricycle in a mudpuddle.... he told me once to stay out of it and not get back in it. Well he turned his back to work on something and I drove right back through that puddle.... Next thing I know, I am being lifted into the air and he is whipping my butt.... He sat me back down on the seat and said get back on the concrete and not get off of it.

I had only seen my grandfather mad a couple of times.... I mean real mad... it took some to get him worked up, but when he was, even a woman scorned had nothing on him. He had a shephard mix dog and she chased a calf trying to catch it.... He called her to him and he grabbed her collar and started kicking the crap out of that dog... wearing cowboy type work boots.... she never chased another calf or cow.

I had grown up and spent alot of time out on my grandparents "farm".... I was then the oldest of 3 grandsons.... I lived with them for a little while after graduating high school.... One day I was rained out of work, worked operating heavy equipment building roads, my supervisor had aske dme to go with him to Nashville to help him bring back a new car he bought.

My grandfather was mowing with the lawnmower and saw me standing around waiting on the guy to come pick me up. Well he comes over and says, "why don't you get on the little tractor and mow around the barn and lake"? I said I had something to do and couldn't.... He looked me right in the eye and said, "why is it when something needs doing around here, you have other plans"? He told me if I couldn't help out, to go get my s**t packed and go back to my moms house.... and that he didn't mean tomorrow, right now!!

Well I am here to tell you, I was 19 or 20 at the time and tears welled up... I walked to the house to change into some work clothes and call my supervisor to tell him I couldn't go.... He tried to put a guilt trip on me, but I told him I just couldn't go and I had no other choice....

I went over to my granddad to ask him which mowing equipment he wanted me to use... He said he didn't care.... that I eat his food, watched his satellite tv, done my laundry with their stuff.... all he asked me to do was help out around the place.... Said if it got to where he could no longer take care of the place and no one was willing to help out, they would sell the SOB and move to town.....

Another story with him.... When I was in my Senior year of high school, I could leave early to go to work if I had a job. So from time to time, if he had work and needed help, I would run heavy equipment for him.... He let me drive his extra truck so I had a way to the jobsite. He specifically told me NOT to be driving it to school, as I usually rode the bus, when I wasn't helping him.

Well a couple of weeks went by with me working in the afternoons with him.... AND driving the truck to school when I wasn't. Well growing up in a single parent home, we had what was essential and that was it.... So when I got the chance to drive a nice truck like many of the other kids who had mommy and daddy buy them a vehicle, I took it.... I had always liked that Dodge and I was the man when driving it....

Well we were going down the road one afternoon after work, we finished the job, and he was taking me to my moms house. Small talk began and he straight up asked if I had been dirving the truck to school.... Well without thinking, I said NO..... It was the first time I had blatently lied to him and I was ashamed and embarrassed.... felt like a sorry piece of scum..... I waited a few minutes and then told him I needed to tell him something.... that I lied to him.... He asked me if I thought he didn't know what was going on... he had either gone by my moms house and didn't see the truck or went by the school and seen it in the parking lot.... So he asked why I was driving it to school... well I said because I overslept and missed the bus. He looked over at me and said, "if you can get up to go hunting at 4:30 in the morning, you can get up to catch a school bus".

Things went on after that as normal.... I never did tell him I really drove it just to be like the other popular kids and fit in... He wold have understood if I had just told him in the first place.... but I was just so ashamed that I lied to him...

He passed away suddenly a couple of years later.... I wish could be half the man he was... wish I would have learned more from him than I did.... but as the oldest grandson, I am glad to have had all the time I had with him.

Sorry for the long read guys, just brings back so many memories when life was much simpler and remembering what once was....

Great post Grizz. One of the best I've read on here in awhile and brought back memories of my Grandfather, which I didn't get to know as well as you did yours, as he died right as I was becoming a teenager.

Pretty women make us buy beer...........Ugly women make us drink beer!

#3119380 - 01/11/13 03:22 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: mossyhorns300]
TRIGGER
10 Point

Grizzly Johnson,
Good read sir.

#3119394 - 01/11/13 03:37 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TRIGGER]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Good read Grizz!! We should all learn from the stories of what made folks like that truly memorable in a good way!

My grandmother was much like that. She stayed home, worked up and harvested an acre garden that she also can'd and put-up every bit of that she didnt give away to neighbors or folks at Church besides keeping a half dozen kids after school and younger ones during the day and cooking every meal since my uncle and grandfather both ate lunch at home everyday.. And kids or grandkids telling her No - was Never an option! She was the all around best person I'll probably ever know. I dont think she ever held back - she told you exactly what she thought so you knew where you stood and what was expected. Sure do miss her - she passed the same morning Dale Earnhart died - in her sleep at 89 and had cooked her own meals and cleaned her own place the day before \:\)

#3119396 - 01/11/13 03:38 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TRIGGER]
Camp David
12 Point

Thanks Griz. Good lessons for us all.

#3119412 - 01/11/13 03:57 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Camp David]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

I'm sorry if this is hi-jacking the thread.... but my granddad and I were pretty close.... as in my previous post, he was more of a father to me than granddad.

This past Christmas, I got to bring home the greatest gift almost imaginable.... (and there was another post on here where someone said how great it would be to hunt with a grandfathers rifle) I got the 1968 Marlin 336 R.C. 30-30 that belonged to him.... from my uncle.

This picture was from 1992.... believe it was my 4th youth hunt, but the first deer hunt my granddad ever took me on... not sure who was more excited.... him or me!! (I know it may not look safe, but he was actually standing back behind the barrel and not beside it).

The thing about him was, he always had a smile and was friendly to everyone he passed.... His sudden death hit me and the family pretty hard.... I still get choked up to this day talking/thinking about him.

The truck and rifle in the pic are the same ones previously mentioned.... The rifle is a true treasure to me.....

#3119449 - 01/11/13 04:36 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Awesome post, Grizz. Brings back memories of my Mammaw (the one who gave me the "spanking" in front of my friends) and Pappaw. My Pappaw never lost his temper, from what I know. He wasn't very tall, he was only 5'8 or 5'9, so he wasn't that imposing. I don't remember him raising his voice. But when he said "no" or if he told you something, he dang well meant it. He was a kind old soul. I hope I can be just a fraction of the man he was. Not a day goes by when I don't think of Mammaw and Pappaw...and they've been gone 12 or 13 yrs.

#3119525 - 01/11/13 05:58 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
My parents got divorced right before I started kindergarten.... several years went by before dad even called to check on my brother or me.... My brother is 3 years younger than me depending on the time of year. My mother pretty much raised us until I was old enough to help out and take care of my brother.... make sure we were both up and ready for school to catch the bus, otherwise we would have to walk the mile or two to school, because she would leave for work so early or at times worked midnights and got home after we had already left for school.

I had grown up and spent alot of time out on my grandparents "farm".... I was then the oldest of 3 grandsons.... I lived with them for a little while after graduating high school.... One day I was rained out of work, worked operating heavy equipment building roads, my supervisor had asked me to go with him to Nashville to help him bring back a new car he bought.

Things went on after that as normal.... I never did tell him I really drove it just to be like the other popular kids and fit in... He would have understood if I had just told him in the first place.... but I was just so ashamed that I lied to him...

He passed away suddenly a couple of years later.... I wish I could be half the man he was... wish I would have learned more from him than I did.... but as the oldest grandson, I am glad to have had all the time I had with him.

You know to be honest I saw this and thot man this guys giving his whole lifes testamoney. After reading it, im glad I did. Your grandfather hasim sure watched and been happy with the man youve become. Im sure he's proud.

#3119559 - 01/11/13 06:23 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: moondawg]
Viper (tp)
14 Point

Loc: greenfield, tenn.

Last one I ever got from my dad, I was 11yrs old, and we lived in louisianna.

On a sunday morning I was up and outside shooting my pellet rifle and then one of my favorite things to do was catching the lizards we had in the area. These lizards we pretty neet, if he was on a green leaf he was green, if he was on the ground or on your hand he turned brown.

Well I caught one thats was big, I mean a 8 incher, and I just couldn't wait to show my mom and dad. So off to there bedroom I go. Well on sunday mornings, ah mom and dad kinda stayed in bed for a good while for some reason or another! \:\/

So I bust in and stop at the foot of the bed and I said yall look at this big lizard I caught, I had him in my one hand and was petting him with my finger of the other, and I said look mom. WELL as I eased him up so she could see it, it jumped out of my hand and right in the bed with mom and dad. The covers flew off and for some reason they didn't have their PJs on!

Then everything went south, son get that ????? lizard out of here and I am going to tare ur tale up for scaring your mother half to death.Needless to say mom was always scared to death of critters like that, ah after that one catching lizards was low on my list from that day on.

#3119602 - 01/11/13 06:56 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Viper (tp)]
TRIGGER
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Viper (tp)
Last one I ever got from my dad, I was 11yrs old, and we lived in louisianna.

On a sunday morning I was up and outside shooting my pellet rifle and then one of my favorite things to do was catching the lizards we had in the area. These lizards we pretty neet, if he was on a green leaf he was green, if he was on the ground or on your hand he turned brown.

Well I caught one thats was big, I mean a 8 incher, and I just couldn't wait to show my mom and dad. So off to there bedroom I go. Well on sunday mornings, ah mom and dad kinda stayed in bed for a good while for some reason or another! \:\/

So I bust in and stop at the foot of the bed and I said yall look at this big lizard I caught, I had him in my one hand and was petting him with my finger of the other, and I said look mom. WELL as I eased him up so she could see it, it jumped out of my hand and right in the bed with mom and dad. The covers flew off and for some reason they didn't have their PJs on!

Then everything went south, son get that ????? lizard out of here and I am going to tare ur tale up for scaring your mother half to death.Needless to say mom was always scared to death of critters like that, ah after that one catching lizards was low on my list from that day on.

Poor guy I'm sorry you had to witness that.

#3119614 - 01/11/13 07:00 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: ]
7mm08
12 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

Originally Posted By: RutMan
Backhand knuckles across face busting mouth open .

Belt "whoopings" using belt buckle tearing skin, leaving whelps/bruises/blood.

Leather belt lashing while wet from just taking a bath (he waited for us to get out).

Butcher knife turned upside down across top of head.

Plus all the other stuff mentioned here on a regular basis.

I could write a book, but it would just bring up memories best left laying.

SORRY to hear the above. Never got a knife! I mentioned the razor strap but also got the back of the hand and a 2x4. To this day my "father" is difficult and all three sons rarely go home. Too many bad memories. When I do I sleep in a hotel. Sounds like you guys need to be in a book I am thinking about writing about how not to parent and how guys rise above it. Either you swim or sink. I have about five good friends with the extreme "parenting" as well. BTW the name of the book. RAISED BY WOLVES!

Even more respect for you Rutman.

#3119615 - 01/11/13 07:00 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: Viper (tp)]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Now THAT's a funny story \:D

#3119688 - 01/11/13 07:34 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TAFKAP]
W.Seay
14 Point

Loc: Collierville,TN.

I was 12, we were headed to Wednesday night church and I told my parents I wanted to go to the older class where all my friends were. He told me to go to my class. I told him that according to one of the school teachers that i was old enough to make my own choices. Well.... I did and it was the wrong one !! On the way home he casually asked me what class I went to and I told him. He never said a word. When we got home he said "go to my room"!! Man I knew I was in for it!!! I had my butt whipped so bad that it bled! That was the worst and last, I learned quick!!

#3119698 - 01/11/13 07:40 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: W.Seay]
W.Seay
14 Point

When I was 4, my parent were gone shopping. I woke up and my grandfather was supposed to be watching me, he was visiting with a neighbor in their yard! I couldn't find any so I got mad!! I went and found a sword looking letter opener, I went to town on the brand new leather couch!! I literally destroyed that couch so bad that you wouldn't have even known it was a couch!!! My parents walked in right after my handy work, they were so dumbfounded that they couldn't even muster a word!! I told them why I did it, they didn't blame me!

#3119835 - 01/11/13 08:48 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: W.Seay]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: W.Seay
When I was 4, my parent were gone shopping. I woke up and my grandfather was supposed to be watching me, he was visiting with a neighbor in their yard! I couldn't find any so I got mad!! I went and found a sword looking letter opener, I went to town on the brand new leather couch!! I literally destroyed that couch so bad that you wouldn't have even known it was a couch!!! My parents walked in right after my handy work, they were so dumbfounded that they couldn't even muster a word!! I told them why I did it, they didn't blame me!

.....and that's why Grandpa walks with a cane \:D

#3119907 - 01/11/13 09:40 PM Re: Worst "spanking"? [Re: TAFKAP]
W.Seay
14 Point

Ha yep!!!!!!

Page all of 9 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (backstraps, 1 invisible) and 83 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.