Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3116654 - 01/09/13 05:26 PM Re: Elvis Aaron Presley [Re: Andy S.]
Buckykm1
Thunder Chicken Man
10 Point

Loc: East Side

Originally Posted By: Andy S.
Love me a nanner/PB sammich. Good stuff! \:\)

Can't beat them.

#3116655 - 01/09/13 05:26 PM Re: Elvis Aaron Presley [Re: Poser]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Big fan.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3116735 - 01/09/13 06:03 PM Re: Elvis Aaron Presley [Re: Poser]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

My brother has been a singer, musican and songwriter all his life, he started singing on stage at 3. He was always a big Elvis fan. In the 1970's Charlie Hodge and the rest of the Memphis Mafia would come to see him peform. Charlie started to take my brother to Graceland after Terry Mike was though for the night. He met Elvis inside the house several times and the last time he talked to Elvis was in the dinning room while they had lunch together 2 days before he died.

Ever since he's been peforming for Graceland and Elvis' old TCB band all over the world. Here's some pictures from the concert at the Memphis Pyramid last year. Those chairs are the original chairs from the 1969 Elvis Comback Speical. The empty chair that's next to my brother was Elvis chair.

Right now my brother is in Hawaii with the TCB Band doing a Aoha from Hawaii speical put on by Graceland. And NO he is NOT a impersonator, just a good singer and musican.

#3116774 - 01/09/13 06:21 PM Re: Elvis Aaron Presley [Re: Wildcat]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

I cranked up some Elvis yesterday. LOVE me some Suspicious Minds.

#3116822 - 01/09/13 06:49 PM Re: Elvis Aaron Presley [Re: moondawg]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Favorites:

"Just Pretend"
"She Thinks I still Care"
"Play House"

#3116914 - 01/09/13 07:43 PM Re: Elvis Aaron Presley [Re: Poser]
1 good shot
8 Point

Loc: memphis

before elvis got his own plane he used to fly american airlines out of memphis and when i started working there the old timers used to tell stories about him
one of my favorites was about one of the supervisors that was always trying to meet elvis but for one reason or another always got there too late
they always let his driver come in and park next to the plane and let him off outside so he wouldn't cause a riot in the terminal
and one day he comes in and once again the supervisor is too late
well he's walking past elvis's seat and sees a flashlight laying in the seat. he looks out the window and sees elvis car still sitting there and takes off to try and catch the car
once again too late. well as he's walking back he starts fiddling with the light (which was actually a disguised can of mace ) and sprays himself in the face with it
elvis found out about it and came out and gave the supervisor a flashlight

#3117497 - 01/10/13 09:49 AM Re: Elvis Aaron Presley [Re: Crosshairy]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Crosshairy
Seems like everyone in Memphis has some sort of connection to him...

I have the drum cases in my garage from one of his session drummers (Larrie Londin).

I also had the cool opportunity of getting to play in the at the James Burton music festival in Shreveport several years ago. Burton was Elvis' lead guitar player and seemed like a really nice guy. The festival raised money for his charity that buys musical instruments for public schools.

Some brush with greatness via my family:

My brother went to school with Elvis's first drummer- DJ Fontana's son.
I went to school with his 2nd Larry Londin's (stage name by the way) son. Used to hang out quite a bit back in 8th grade. The wife owned a drum shop in Nashville for a while. Got me backstage to meet the Pretenders one time.

#3118297 - 01/10/13 07:27 PM Re: Elvis Aaron Presley [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Crosshairy
10 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

I knew this crowd wouldn't disappoint on some Elvis connections \:\)

The band I played with for a few years did a good amount of Elvis covers. Since the band leader had become friends with James Burton, that's how we got to be invited to Shreveport. I dropped out of the band in 2010 due to having a new baby in the house and a long crazy schedule at work.

OF COURSE later that year they got to perform with James Burton at a charity concern on Beale Street - I missed my chance! Would'v been cool to say I got to play with a Rock N Roll Hall of Fame member!

I wasn't a fan of his music before joining the band (ironically), but got a lot of respect for it later and realized that there was a lot of material that I really did enjoy.

My favorite by far is the "Mystery Train / Tiger Man" mash-up he does, but we always opened with a big "See See Rider" cover, so that's etched in my memory too.

#3118607 - 01/10/13 10:30 PM Re: Elvis Aaron Presley [Re: Poser]
jameseboy
8 Point

Loc: Germantown, TN

I wasn't a big fan till I read something. Elvis had three careers. He was of course the King of Rock and Roll. The after the army he made all those Elvis movies. Most of em weren't that great but he was the top grossing movie star for years. When the movies started to fade he went out to Vegas and was the top headliner in Vegas. Very very few people can make it to the top once, to do it three times is just amazing
#3119209 - 01/11/13 12:27 PM Re: Elvis Aaron Presley [Re: jameseboy]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Check this out:

http://gardenandgun.com/blog/legends-late-night-snack

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PEhunter, Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain
13289 Registered Users
Who's Online
20 registered (Daniel n, donkey5150, blueheron, hayman, old guy, deerhunter10, 5 invisible) and 80 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13289 Members
42 Forums
85432 Topics
1032279 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.214 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.