Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3116319 - 01/09/13 01:46 PM Re: Biden says Executive Order to control guns [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Guys use your heads.

Obama CANNOT ban guns or take your guns though Executive Order.

BUT

He CAN order ALL high cap magainzes banned, that incules AR-15, Glock, Browning, Ruger, Springfield handguns.

He CAN hit online ammo sales and ever limit how many rounds each American citizen can buy a month.

Gun shows already come under firearms laws and there are some things Obama can do to limit them.

He CAN put pressure on businesses as well as private sales to crack down on them at any time.

AG Holder has PROVEN to be a lap dog for Obama and will do anything he wants done.

Obama CAN do a LOT of damange to American citizens who have firearms.

Don't just blame Congress and the Republicans for not standing up to him, the Supreme Court put in some rules that kind of stops them and limits them very much.

With the Democrats in Control of thr Senate it will be hard as heck if not imposible to over ride Obama excutive orders. Thanks to the Democrat voters we are stuck.

To date, U.S. courts have overturned only two executive orders: the aforementioned Truman order, and a 1995 order issued by President Clinton that attempted to prevent the federal government from contracting with organizations that had strike-breakers on the payroll.[8] Congress was able to overturn an executive order by passing legislation in conflict with it during the period of 1939 to 1983 until the Supreme Court ruled in Immigration and Naturalization Service v. Chadha that the "legislative veto" represented "the exercise of legislative power" without "bicameral passage followed by presentment to the President."[9] The loss of the legislative veto has caused Congress to look for alternative measures to override executive orders such as refusing to approve funding necessary to carry out certain policy measures contained with the order or to legitimize policy mechanisms. In the former, the president retains the power to veto such a decision; however, the Congress may override a veto with a two-thirds majority to end an executive order. It has been argued that a Congressional override of an executive order is a nearly impossible event due to the supermajority vote required and the fact that such a vote leaves individual lawmakers very vulnerable to political criticism.[1

#3116451 - 01/09/13 03:26 PM Re: Biden says Executive Order to control guns [Re: Wildcat]
Dienamic
4 Point

Loc: East TN

Remember Gibson guitar? I see allot more raids in the future. Import guns and ammo will stop. It will be VERY expensive to do business. He is waging a war on coal with no problems and that hits EVERY US citizen. Did you see the plants closing in GA? Are you going to be a manufacturer if it cost more to make the things you can sell effectively? Are you going to sell ammunition when the EPA is charging you $10,000 a month to store that hazardous lead? Are you going to go to the Federal shooting range under the watchful eye of all the ATFE conscripts that were given a job to stimulate the economy and bring the jobless rates down? I could go on for a while...

#3116482 - 01/09/13 03:47 PM Re: Biden says Executive Order to control guns [Re: Dienamic]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: Dienamic
Remember Gibson guitar? . . . . . It will be VERY expensive to do business. He is waging a war on coal with no problems and that hits EVERY US citizen. Did you see the plants closing in GA?

Yes, remember the Coal Industry?

"If someone wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can. It's just that it will bankrupt them."
---- Barack Hussein Obama, 2008

Did you see the plants closing all across America?

#3116520 - 01/09/13 04:08 PM Re: Biden says Executive Order to control guns [Re: sgtwebb1]
Redfred16
8 Point

Loc: Hartland, WI

The way I see it the governmental elites will go 1 of 2 routes:

1) The republicans(who really don't want us to have guns either, but are catering to the NRA for money, but as much as they talk about freedom, liberty and small government do nothing to actually make them happen) will negotiate with Obama, giving him most of what he wants. Then come out and say, "We saved this much for you, but it was that or nothing." Gun owners lose.

2) Obama will just come out with the executive order, right or wrong, Supreme Court or not, and go full bore with everything he wants. Even if it's over turned(which I doubt due to the past history with executive orders and the recent rulings of the Supreme Court) it'll take a while to happen, in the mean time legal gun owners will become criminals and be labelled as such. Probably with felonies so they won't even be able to buy a gun if it's over turned. Gun owners lose.

I don't see gun owners winning in this at all in any direction.

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here

#3116605 - 01/09/13 04:51 PM Re: Biden says Executive Order to control guns [Re: Redfred16]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

If either scenario happens, then by God, we need a #3.

And let me tell you, friend, #3 is not pretty.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3116664 - 01/09/13 05:29 PM Re: Biden says Executive Order to control guns [Re: sgtwebb1]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. — James Madison

Dont tread on me

#3116675 - 01/09/13 05:33 PM Re: Biden says Executive Order to control guns [Re: TeamMainStreet]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

Originally Posted By: TeamMainStreet
Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. — James Madison

Well, they have 2, and are feverishly working on the 3rd.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3116676 - 01/09/13 05:33 PM Re: Biden says Executive Order to control guns [Re: TeamMainStreet]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Today’s liberals wish to disarm us so they can run their evil and oppressive agenda on us. The fight against crime is just a convenient excuse to further their agenda. I don’t know about you, but if you hear that Williams’ guns have been taken, you’ll know Williams is dead. — Walter Williams

Dont tread on me

#3116678 - 01/09/13 05:34 PM Re: Biden says Executive Order to control guns [Re: TeamMainStreet]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. — George Washington

Dont tread on me

#3116685 - 01/09/13 05:38 PM Re: Biden says Executive Order to control guns [Re: TeamMainStreet]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined. — Patrick Henry

Dont tread on me

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
10 registered (harley 2008, Prowler, Tall, TN Larry, turk870, papaw, 2 invisible) and 52 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93197 Topics
1088545 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.109 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.