Tndeer Logo

Page all of 7 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3116142 - 01/09/13 12:04 PM Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns
Dodge Man
12 Point

Loc: Dyersburg, TN

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-obama-might-use-executive-order-deal-guns_694984.html

Vice President Joe Biden revealed that President Barack Obama might use an executive order to deal with guns.

"The president is going to act," said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. "There are executives orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required."

Biden said that this is a moral issue and that "it's critically important that we act."

http://www.talkinfowl.com/

#3116147 - 01/09/13 12:07 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Dodge Man]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

he will cause some very very very serious issues if he uses executive order. he should get impeached if he does that and it will cause some crazy issues.

#3116148 - 01/09/13 12:07 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Dodge Man]
KillMode
4 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

RIDICULOUS
#3116157 - 01/09/13 12:14 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: KillMode]
utfan1
10 Point

Loc: cleveland,tn

not at all surprised .......useless libs .........
#3116176 - 01/09/13 12:23 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: deerhunter10]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: deerhunter10
he will cause some very very very serious issues if he uses executive order. he should get impeached if he does that and it will cause some crazy issues.

You are correct but the repubs can't even make a stand on spending, do any of us REALLY think they'll stand up to this?

I predict crickets chirping from Alexander and Corkers camps.

#3116181 - 01/09/13 12:25 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa

You are correct but the repubs can't even make a stand on spending, do any of us REALLY think they'll stand up to this?

Yep.

#3116187 - 01/09/13 12:28 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: RUGER]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: RUGER

Yep.

X2

#3116194 - 01/09/13 12:32 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Kimber45]
Hollar Hunter
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
 Originally Posted By: RUGER

Yep.

X2

X3 obomber makes me sick to my stomach!!!!!!

Spend your time where you get the most return on it...

#3116195 - 01/09/13 12:33 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Kimber45]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

He's done it before, he'll do it again I believe, and like you guys said, nothing will be said...at least from congress-slime.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3116211 - 01/09/13 12:44 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: MUP]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

I find it rather hypocritical that Biden, a man that supports abortion in his public life, could state that "Gun Control is a moral issue, it's critically important that we act."

Not to muddy the waters, but what the heck are these idiots thinking? What is their line of reasoning?

The President can use his "executive power" to insure the additional gun control is enacted. However, this same man points fingers and blames the other side for his economic failures.

USE YOUR EXECUTIVE POWER to solve the debt crisis.

They all need to go. I mean every last one of them, Republican and Democrat. They are all playing games and pointing fingers. It is time to clear out the Government and elect some common sense.

#3116218 - 01/09/13 12:49 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Kirk]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

I would love to see the looks on the faces of some of those Democrat union boys in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Ohio when they hear about this. They are probably loving that Obama vote that they cast more than ever.

#3116225 - 01/09/13 12:52 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Kirk]
lpo1981
6 Point

Loc: Dickson, TN

I figured this would happen and voting on gun control would never be proposed as a bill in front of congress to vote on, cause they know it will never pass.. If he does an executive order to enforce a gun ban then we are definitely well on our way to a dictatorship. And Obama will be much worse than hitler ever thought about being.. Every [censored] one of these politicians need to go, they could give a careless about the people. They are all in this for there own agenda and personal gains.. Really sickens me the way this country has turned out! I fear not for myself and what may happen but worry about my young children and what the future holds for them..
#3116237 - 01/09/13 12:58 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: lpo1981]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

gun owners must stand up no one can be on the fence about the issue we gotta stand united. or some very bad things are coming there already coming but we gotta put up a fight....

#3116242 - 01/09/13 01:00 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: deerhunter10]
lpo1981
6 Point

gun owners must stand up no one can be on the fence about the issue we gotta stand united. or some very bad things are coming there already coming but we gotta put up a fight....

I completely agree with this.. Problem is though if he signs an executive order then no one has a say so in anything.. What he signs and says goes. Then the registering and confiscation begins...

#3116257 - 01/09/13 01:06 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: lpo1981]
ferg
Cancer Free
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

happy Online
It will be cold day in .... everyone must remember why we even have a Second Amendment - ;\)

ferg....

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

#3116260 - 01/09/13 01:09 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: lpo1981]
Dodge Man
12 Point

Loc: Dyersburg, TN

But dose an Executive order trump the 2nd amendment of the Constitution?

http://www.talkinfowl.com/

#3116263 - 01/09/13 01:10 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: ferg]
MUP
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: ferg
It will be cold day in .... everyone must remember why we even have a Second Amendment - ;\)

ferg....

Exactly...for just such an occasion. It's not the first time this has happened.

#3116266 - 01/09/13 01:13 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: MUP]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Originally Posted By: MUP
 Originally Posted By: ferg

ferg....

Exactly...for just such an occasion. It's not the first time this has happened.

Nope and it looks like it NEEDS to happen agin on a much larger scale ....... and sooner than later IMO !!!!!!

Μολων λαβε

#3116268 - 01/09/13 01:13 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: deerhunter10]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Guys use your heads.

Obama CANNOT ban guns or take your guns though Executive Order.

BUT

He CAN order ALL high cap magainzes banned, that incules AR-15, Glock, Browning, Ruger, Springfield handguns.

He CAN hit online ammo sales and ever limit how many rounds each American citizen can buy a month.

Gun shows already come under firearms laws and there are some things Obama can do to limit them.

He CAN put pressure on businesses as well as private sales to crack down on them at any time.

AG Holder has PROVEN to be a lap dog for Obama and will do anything he wants done.

Obama CAN do a LOT of damange to American citizens who have firearms.

Don't just blame Congress and the Republicans for not standing up to him, the Supreme Court put in some rules that kind of stops them and limits them very much.

With the Democrats in Control of thr Senate it will be hard as heck if not imposible to over ride Obama excutive orders. Thanks to the Democrat voters we are stuck.
To date, U.S. courts have overturned only two executive orders: the aforementioned Truman order, and a 1995 order issued by President Clinton that attempted to prevent the federal government from contracting with organizations that had strike-breakers on the payroll.[8] Congress was able to overturn an executive order by passing legislation in conflict with it during the period of 1939 to 1983 until the Supreme Court ruled in Immigration and Naturalization Service v. Chadha that the "legislative veto" represented "the exercise of legislative power" without "bicameral passage followed by presentment to the President."[9] The loss of the legislative veto has caused Congress to look for alternative measures to override executive orders such as refusing to approve funding necessary to carry out certain policy measures contained with the order or to legitimize policy mechanisms. In the former, the president retains the power to veto such a decision; however, the Congress may override a veto with a two-thirds majority to end an executive order. It has been argued that a Congressional override of an executive order is a nearly impossible event due to the supermajority vote required and the fact that such a vote leaves individual lawmakers very vulnerable to political criticism.[1

#3116296 - 01/09/13 01:29 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Wildcat]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

I hope he doesnt try the EO route, but a well-funded legal challenge would certainly result, as at least 100 million citizens would have Standing to pursue it to the Supreme Court. Figuring on a fast track 3 yr plan to work it through the lower courts, and knowing in the time in between the prez could appoint 2 justices (presumably anti-gun), this could go badly.
However, over half the voting population of the country just absolutely LOVE the president, so its probably a losing game for gun-owners from the get-go.

#3116306 - 01/09/13 01:37 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: BlackBelt]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: BlackBelt
I hope he doesnt try the EO route, but a well-funded legal challenge would certainly result, as at least 100 million citizens would have Standing to pursue it to the Supreme Court. Figuring on a fast track 3 yr plan to work it through the lower courts, and knowing in the time in between the prez could appoint 2 justices (presumably anti-gun), this could go badly.
However, over half the voting population of the country just absolutely LOVE the president, so its probably a losing game for gun-owners from the get-go.

100 million???

More like 5 million, the rest of them either set on their butts and watch the others do the fighting in the courts and halls of Congress and the others left will just give up their guns and ammo without question.

No way in heck will all the hunters and gun owners will stand together for anything.

#3116317 - 01/09/13 01:45 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Wildcat]
7mm08
12 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

content Online
Hunters and gun owners, democrat and republican BETTER stand together or we all loose in this battle!

I know some argue that this stuff needs to be on the "political forum" but personally I think it needs to stay out front so we all are well informed on this subject.

#3116321 - 01/09/13 01:46 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: 7mm08]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Originally Posted By: 7mm08
Hunters and gun owners, democrat and republican BETTER stand together or we all loose in this battle!

I know some argue that this stuff needs to be on the "political forum" but personally I think it needs to stay out front so we all are well informed on this subject.

AMEN!!!!!

Μολων λαβε

#3116345 - 01/09/13 02:14 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Kirk]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Kirk
I find it rather hypocritical that Biden, a man that supports abortion in his public life, could state that "Gun Control is a moral issue, it's critically important that we act."

Not to muddy the waters, but what the heck are these idiots thinking? What is their line of reasoning?

The President can use his "executive power" to insure the additional gun control is enacted. However, this same man points fingers and blames the other side for his economic failures.

They all need to go. I mean every last one of them, Republican and Democrat. They are all playing games and pointing fingers. It is time to clear out the Government and elect some common sense.

Im sure I'm on "the list" now \:D but went straight home and emailed Obama to ask him to legitimize, without BS, how gun control would have saved those childrens lives had this mentally ill person decided he wanted to truly wreak havoc - since there are easily accessible biological and chemical means of doing even more harm than this sicko did. Also had to ask him to explain to me what he thinks the outcome COULD have been if at least half of the teachers and staff were trained and allowed (paid!) to have guns inside schools...

This is an Agenda wrongfully suported by a sickening hapenstance that could have just as easily occured by means other than a gun.

Edited by Kimber45 (01/09/13 02:15 PM)

#3116359 - 01/09/13 02:22 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: 7mm08]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

Originally Posted By: 7mm08

Well... at least some hunters.

#3116405 - 01/09/13 02:46 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
KPH
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tenn

If things go bad our hunting can become a rich mans sport

#3116419 - 01/09/13 02:58 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: KPH]
kknights27
4 Point

Loc: Knoxville,TN

The real reason behind his gun control efforts really dont have much of anything to do with shootings or anything he really mentions. It obviously has to do with eventually unarming "america" as they still call it, to further strengthen their hold on us. The time to stand up against a corrupt government was loooooooong ago. They own us. But you better beleive Ill fight tooth and nail, right here under God , for whats mine!

"Greatness is acheived in steps, small building blocks, little by little"........Ray Lewis

"Dyin aint much of a livin, boy!"...... Josey Wales!!

#3116422 - 01/09/13 02:59 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: kknights27]
kknights27
4 Point

Loc: Knoxville,TN

Only thing that worries me is if it ever comes to a stand up against law enforcment or military, which is who it will be a stand against, I worry more for my familys outcome than mine.

"Greatness is acheived in steps, small building blocks, little by little"........Ray Lewis

"Dyin aint much of a livin, boy!"...... Josey Wales!!

#3116435 - 01/09/13 03:09 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: BlackBelt]
Tom Collins
Button

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”

Thomas Jefferson

#3116459 - 01/09/13 03:31 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: kknights27]
lpo1981
6 Point

Originally Posted By: kknights27
Only thing that worries me is if it ever comes to a stand up against law enforcment or military, which is who it will be a stand against, I worry more for my familys outcome than mine.

Agreed! I'm rite there with you on that thought.. Although I know quite a few officers, deputies and military people that have flat out told me the day they have to start confiscating guns from law Biding citizens is the day they walk away..

#3116472 - 01/09/13 03:35 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Tom Collins]
leader
16 Point

Loc: Knox

OK I got a dumb question do don't blast me.
I see this COULD go bad for gun owners.
But I don't see the connection to the government taking all our guns and America becoming a dictatorship and the comparisons to Hitler.
Don't we have term limits? Haven't we had a gun ban before, alcohol taken away at some point. I don't get the sky is falling mentality and I could be wrong.
The US doesn't have enough money to pay its bills or fund policeman or border patrol, and etc....
How are they going to fund going to houses and getting weapons?
And this is a question I really would like to know the answer to from the mitary guys, are you sworn to protect the President or a certain political party or the freedoms of the US and the Constitution. If I am thinking correctly and it is the latter, then if a Hitleresque figure arose, wouldn't the military defend against it.
These are legit questions I just want to be informed....

Edited by leader (01/09/13 03:37 PM)

#3116484 - 01/09/13 03:48 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: leader]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

I think Obama might use Executive Order (or the mention of one) to outrage gun owners in hope that somebody "snaps" and gives them and the media more leverage.

The Sandy Hook shooting has not given them public support. Just the media and the normal gun groups. Nothing new, just a little louder.

They don't have a mandate, but they have a method ;\)

Proceed with caution

#3116488 - 01/09/13 03:50 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: leader]
Kevin
8 Point

Loc: Jackson, TN

As for term limits, they are already trying to extend Obama's presidency. The way the masses (main stream media, famous people around the world) back the big O, I would say keep a close eye on this!

A bad day fishing is better than a good day of work.

Roll Tide

#3116492 - 01/09/13 03:52 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Kevin]
leader
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Kevin
As for term limits, they are already trying to extend Obama's presidency. The way the masses (main stream media, famous people around the world) back the big O, I would say keep a close eye on this!

Won't happen....

#3116500 - 01/09/13 03:58 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Kevin]
birddog
12 Point

Loc: Seymour, TN

Ok I have read some over the top stuff on here in the past several weeks but this is rediculous.

#3116514 - 01/09/13 04:04 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: birddog]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: birddog

Ok I have read some over the top stuff on here in the past several weeks but this is rediculous.

ya think?

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113%3AH.J.RES.15.IH%3A%2F

#3116523 - 01/09/13 04:09 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Crappie Luck]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Doesn't Mr. Serrano have a history of attempting this bill in the past for other liberal presidents?

#3116526 - 01/09/13 04:09 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: TAFKAP]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Every congress since 2001

#3116534 - 01/09/13 04:15 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: leader]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: leader

Won't happen....

That has about as much chance of passing the Congress and a Supreme Court challenge as Socialized Medicine and forcing Americans to buy a product or suffer a tax penalty. Won't happen?

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3116539 - 01/09/13 04:18 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: de novo]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Gun Control is a tax, just like Obamacare

Has been since 1939

#3116555 - 01/09/13 04:23 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
mr.big
Non-Typical

Loc: Copper Head Road

FO

#3116560 - 01/09/13 04:25 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: de novo]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

Originally Posted By: de novo

Won't happen....

That has about as much chance of passing the Congress and a Supreme Court challenge as Socialized Medicine and forcing Americans to buy a product or suffer a tax penalty. Won't happen?

Yep.

#3116577 - 01/09/13 04:36 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
de novo
10 Point

For the first time Pelosi's - "We have to pass it, to see what's in it" statement has a positive note. According to Breitbart, Harry Reid who was facing a tough reelection bid and was desperate for the NRA endorsement snuck a gun rights amendment into Obamacare. If true, this is funny!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...mo-Registration

Good news -- it has become known that hidden deep within the massive 2800-page bill called Obamacare there is a Senate Amendment protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According to reports, that amendment says the government cannot collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

CNN is calling it "a gift to the nation's powerful gun lobby."

And according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), that's exactly right. He says he added the provision in order to keep the NRA from getting involved in the legislative fight over Obamacare, which was so ubiquitous in 2010.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3116858 - 01/09/13 07:15 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: ]
Akurn
4 Point

Loc: West TN

For the first time Pelosi's - "We have to pass it, to see what's in it" statement has a positive note. According to Breitbart, Harry Reid who was facing a tough reelection bid and was desperate for the NRA endorsement snuck a gun rights amendment into Obamacare. If true, this is funny!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...mo-Registration

Good news -- it has become known that hidden deep within the massive 2800-page bill called Obamacare there is a Senate Amendment protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According to reports, that amendment says the government cannot collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

CNN is calling it "a gift to the nation's powerful gun lobby."

And according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), that's exactly right. He says he added the provision in order to keep the NRA from getting involved in the legislative fight over Obamacare, which was so ubiquitous in 2010.

Is this true?

#3116864 - 01/09/13 07:20 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Akurn]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

yeah no way he could stay in office............... uh huh whatever.

I can honestly say, it has been proven more than once, he can and will do whatever he wants to.

Scary stuff.

#3117002 - 01/09/13 08:38 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With [Re: Kirk]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: Kirk

that is because they are all in it together. they are all rich and they view us as their servants. we work and pay taxes to pay their way. they use the media, (Fox, CNN, MSNBC) as their puppets to create the ILLUSION of a divide and to keep us ununited.

They also use the media to instill fear in uneducated people. I don't mean peole that have not been to school, i mean people that have no idea what they are talking about, don't know how, or won't do the research, so they believe everything they hear on TV.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3117220 - 01/10/13 05:05 AM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: de novo]
MUP
Non-Typical

"It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they are promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man who knows what the law is today can guess what it will be to-morrow." --James Madison, Federalist No. 62, 1788

Man these guys really knew what could happen, b/c it happened to them.

#3117245 - 01/10/13 06:08 AM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: leader]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

OK I got a dumb question do don't blast me.
I see this COULD go bad for gun owners.
But I don't see the connection to the government taking all our guns and America becoming a dictatorship and the comparisons to Hitler.
Don't we have term limits? Haven't we had a gun ban before, alcohol taken away at some point. I don't get the sky is falling mentality and I could be wrong.
The US doesn't have enough money to pay its bills or fund policeman or border patrol, and etc....
How are they going to fund going to houses and getting weapons?
And this is a question I really would like to know the answer to from the mitary guys, are you sworn to protect the President or a certain political party or the freedoms of the US and the Constitution. If I am thinking correctly and it is the latter, then if a Hitleresque figure arose, wouldn't the military defend against it.
These are legit questions I just want to be informed....

My ole redneck philosophy on this is:

How often historically does a change of the seat really turn things around? If we look at our nation as a whole - do we ever get better or do we continue to get less Godly and more immoral? My fear is that the drastic changes obama is putting in place to further support the worthless and steal more from those who'll work - won't get better. It may slow down, but reversing this kind of action doesnt happen much historically. Look at social security. There have been ample presidents of both parties to straighten out the thievery that's taken place yet its worse. Now, we have 8 yrs with a foreign leader who's banking on keeping a democratic president in office thru keeping the bulk of the nation dependant on the White House to live. I think he's laying down a real path of destruction - or at least making a 6-lane out of 2-lane with a goal of total government control since he believes that as a nation we are too ignorant to take care of ourselves (which apparently a majority is).

#3117477 - 01/10/13 09:36 AM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: MUP]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

"It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they are promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man who knows what the law is today can guess what it will be to-morrow." --James Madison, Federalist No. 62, 1788

GREAT post MUP.

#3117483 - 01/10/13 09:39 AM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
de novo
10 Point

GREAT post MUP.

America is a nation founded by geniuses and now run by idiots!

#3117488 - 01/10/13 09:42 AM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: de novo]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

idiot- (adjective) i-dee-ut- democrat or one who votes democrat.

#3117502 - 01/10/13 09:52 AM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Here is a good overview:

http://armaborealis.blogspot.com/2013/01/executive-order-fun-times.html

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3117562 - 01/10/13 10:38 AM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Poser]
MUP
Non-Typical

REACHING FOR THE STARS

The administration could step things up with vindictive and aggressive law enforcement tactics. Google "Richmond Tactics ATF" for an idea of some of the options here. ATF agents stalked gun show attendees, went to their homes, and talked to their families and neighbors about their guns. Intimidating much?

Holders of Curios and Relics licenses can be harassed too. The C&R allows ATF to conduct one check each year in your home or in their office (your choice). Many fools will actually allow ATF agents into their homes. Good luck surviving the inspection. Something can always be found out of order. I am letting my C&R lapse when it expires in the near future to avoid such harassment.

...wow

#3117567 - 01/10/13 10:42 AM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: MUP]
leader
16 Point

What is a c and r license?

#3117572 - 01/10/13 10:45 AM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: leader]
MUP
Non-Typical

It says "Curio and Relic"

#3117628 - 01/10/13 11:25 AM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: MUP]
TNGunsmoke
8 Point

Loc: Jackson,TN

A C&R is a firearms license for Curio and Relic Firearms that allows firearms over 50 years old and not in certain other categories to be shipped directly to your house without having to go to a dealer for a form 443 and background check. Typically used for old military rifles like Mausers and Mosin Nagants. Cost $30 for 3 years, but you have to keep records and are subject to inspection by the ATF. I had one, let it lapse a little over a year ago so I don't have to deal with them popping in again.

Edited by TNGunsmoke (01/10/13 11:26 AM)

#3117714 - 01/10/13 12:31 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: TNGunsmoke]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

The fact that Obama is considering using Executive Orders to get what he wants is very telling. It means he doesnt have the votes in congress to get legislation passed on gun control.
Executive Orders can not be used circumvent the U.S. Constitution. The prez could order another govt agency to tax guns or gun related products, but that tax could not exceed 100% of the retail value of the item. So a $15 box of ammo could be taxed $15.... This is why the tax for a civilian to own a machinegun is set at $200. In 1934 the retail cost of a Thompson sub-machinegun was $200 (a LOTof money back then), so the tax was set at $200. the prices of Thompsons is a lot higher now, but the tax has been $200 since 1934.
Executive Orders can be used to regulate what other govt agencies do. An Executive Order carries the same weight as a law.
Any thing seen as an extreme abuse of Executive Priviledge (such as total gun ban or confiscation) would be subject to immediate action by congress to nullify the order through legislation, or certainly face a constitutional challenge fast-tracked through the lower courts and up to the Supreme Court.
I dont like this administration, but one thing i can say about them is that they are smart. Really smart. They cover their legal bases very well and seem to pretty much get what they want.
There have been other smart administrations in the past, but these guys are cunning in finding ways to circumvent current legal standards and practices to achieve their goals.

#3117725 - 01/10/13 12:38 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: BlackBelt]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

The fact that Obama is considering using Executive Orders to get what he wants is very telling. It means he doesnt have the votes in congress to get legislation passed on gun control.
Executive Orders can not be used circumvent the U.S. Constitution. The prez could order another govt agency to tax guns or gun related products, but that tax could not exceed 100% of the retail value of the item. So a $15 box of ammo could be taxed $15.... This is why the tax for a civilian to own a machinegun is set at $200. In 1934 the retail cost of a Thompson sub-machinegun was $200 (a LOTof money back then), so the tax was set at $200. the prices of Thompsons is a lot higher now, but the tax has been $200 since 1934.
Executive Orders can be used to regulate what other govt agencies do. An Executive Order carries the same weight as a law.
Any thing seen as an extreme abuse of Executive Priviledge (such as total gun ban or confiscation) would be subject to immediate action by congress to nullify the order through legislation, or certainly face a constitutional challenge fast-tracked through the lower courts and up to the Supreme Court.
I dont like this administration, but one thing i can say about them is that they are smart. Really smart. They cover their legal bases very well and seem to pretty much get what they want.
There have been other smart administrations in the past, but these guys are cunning in finding ways to circumvent current legal standards and practices to achieve their goals.

The Supreme Court has only overturned an Executive Order TWICE in history.

#3117727 - 01/10/13 12:41 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Wildcat]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

you mean they have only overturned 2 Executive orders?

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3117751 - 01/10/13 12:59 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Bone Collector]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Then let's make that number "3" (or more)

#3117797 - 01/10/13 01:26 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Bone Collector]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Bone Collector
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat

you mean they have only overturned 2 Executive orders?

Yep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order

To date, U.S. courts have overturned only two executive orders: the aforementioned Truman order, and a 1995 order issued by President Clinton that attempted to prevent the federal government from contracting with organizations that had strike-breakers on the payroll.[8] Congress was able to overturn an executive order by passing legislation in conflict with it during the period of 1939 to 1983 until the Supreme Court ruled in Immigration and Naturalization Service v. Chadha that the "legislative veto" represented "the exercise of legislative power" without "bicameral passage followed by presentment to the President."[9] The loss of the legislative veto has caused Congress to look for alternative measures to override executive orders such as refusing to approve funding necessary to carry out certain policy measures contained with the order or to legitimize policy mechanisms. In the former, the president retains the power to veto such a decision; however, the Congress may override a veto with a two-thirds majority to end an executive order. It has been argued that a Congressional override of an executive order is a nearly impossible event due to the supermajority vote required and the fact that such a vote leaves individual lawmakers very vulnerable to political criticism.[10]

#3117810 - 01/10/13 01:41 PM Re: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns [Re: Wildcat]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Some of you are saying Obama can't do what he's suggesting he's going to do. NOTE: You have also said that about many other things he's already done.

Regarding Obama's using Executive Order to circumvent the 2nd Amendment and Congress, here's 3-minute video clip that outlines exactly how he's doing it and it's quite logical and convincing:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2080475976001...id=928378949001

Page all of 7 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
97 registered (7mm08, HilhamHawk, huntintn, TNOutdoorCo, chero, DaveB, 14 invisible) and 128 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93275 Topics
1089178 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.147 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.