Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#3115975 - 01/09/13 10:08 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: TAFKAP]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Nope nothing like that. But judging from your post you already have your mind made up about him. Give me a few min. and I will post a link and you can judge for yourself. Like i said you have to over look his passion for his beliefs to see his message, and like i said, I agree he is over the top.

Edited by in the dog house! (01/09/13 10:09 AM)

Μολων λαβε

#3116000 - 01/09/13 10:17 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: in the dog house!]
in the dog house!
14 Point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88lX2R3IFcQ

ok heres the link, take 10 minutes and check it out before you judge.

Μολων λαβε

#3116102 - 01/09/13 11:20 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: in the dog house!]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Yes, my mind was made up years ago. And everything I have looked at over the course of the past half hour did nothing but solidify my position. I can speak in vague generalities about numerous happenings, then point to something close enough a year later and tell you "HA! TOLD YOU SO!"

Jones's conspiracies have been debunked time and time again, but for some reason, people latch on to his theories as fact.

#3116108 - 01/09/13 11:26 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: TAFKAP]
in the dog house!
14 Point

To each his own...... Good luck in your journey and hope all works out for you.

Μολων λαβε

#3116128 - 01/09/13 11:50 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: in the dog house!]
TAFKAP
14 Point

It's working just fine. I don't nervously twitch while muttering "Megabank Conspiracy", you'll never hear the word "Illuminati" leave my lips, and since I understand physics, I know 9/11 was perpetrated by a group of fanatical Muslim terrorists.

It doesn't take but about a 1/2 ounce of common sense to see through Alex Jones's BS. And it takes even less than that to realize that the Conservative movement needs (and deserves) a more coherent, logical, and sane person as its spokesman. Anyone that says otherwise fails to see that Piers Morgan, although "defeated" in this debate, actually won the war. In his eyes, and the eyes of thirty people that watch his show, Alex Jones is just one of millions of nutjob gun owners. Why do you suppose Wayne La Pierre hasn't been on his show?

Compare Alex Jones's performance with that of GoA's Larry Pratt. When snooty little Piers resorts to calling Larry "a stupid man", you know that not only was he defeated, but he made himself look like an [censored]. Once you come unglued and speak out of emotion, you have lost your case (and your audience). This interview was his redemption. Nobody talks about how Piers had his [censored] handed to him by a firmly logical and well-grounded case a couple weeks ago. All you see are words like "deranged", "delusional", "nutjob", and "lunatic" when you Google Piers Morgan and Alex Jones. Headlines aren't mentioning Larry Pratt. The propoganda machine points to Alex Jones.

And there you go, my friends. Alex Jones is now your spokesman. Are you happy that "at least someone's doing something"? 2 steps forward, 9 steps back.

#3116137 - 01/09/13 12:01 PM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: TAFKAP]
in the dog house!
14 Point

"I know 9/11 was perpetrated by a group of fanatical Muslim terrorists."

I feel sorry for you if you truly believe that. When have you ever know a plane crash ( much less an attack ) to start to be cleaned up 3 days after it happened. They had front end loaders and dump trucks hauling off the debris in the blink of an eye. They always rope it off and investigate it for weeks. And never have any steel structures on earth ever collapsed due to fire. Much less as with building 7, fallen into its own foot print and wasn't even struck by any plane. Believe what you want but 2 and 2 always make 4, they can tell you it makes 5 all day every day till you believe it. I guess you do.......... And none of this info came via Alex Jones FYI

Edited by in the dog house! (01/09/13 12:04 PM)

Μολων λαβε

#3116283 - 01/09/13 01:22 PM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: in the dog house!]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Don't even bother trying to explain the conspiracy. I've seen it all a hundred times. But the difference between me and the armchair conspiracists out there is that I obtained a degree in structural engineering, and I have put that education to use on a daily basis for the past 8 years as a structural engineer. So suffice it to say, I have a very firm grasp on what holds a building together, an intimate knowledge of the properties of structural steel, and the liberal assumptions used by the conspiracists. I also have diligently investigated the counter-claims of numerous reports (including the incredibly thorough report of "Popular Mechanics") debunking the conspiracy down to the last nut. The only people out there that still hang on to that poorly constructed conspiracy are those who are easily manipulated by internet videos and/or people that don't even have the slightest grasp of the principles of physics. So don't condescend to me about "feeling sorry" for me for basing my findings on sound reason and educated knowledge 2 + 2 always equals 4, but come back to me when you can comprehend the yield point of structural steel, the soil properties of engineered foundations, and Newtonian physics.

But back to the case in point, Jon Stewart closed his liberal rant last night with clips from Alex Jones. He spent nearly 10 minutes highlighting his liberal gun control stance peppered with a number of tips of the hat to reasonable 2A activists. But when it comes down to his closing, it's Alex Jones foaming at the mouth....so the "Daily Show's" high & mighty assertion is that 2A activists are scared only of imaginary future Hitlers.

I'm not going to post the link, as it's typical "Daily Show" language, so look it up yourself.

#3116313 - 01/09/13 01:44 PM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: TAFKAP]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Like i said that info didn't come from info wars it came straight off of the news a few days after the " attack " . Just like when they stated they wouldn't show the footage of it ( the attack ) anymore so as to not upset the public.
The Empire state building didn't fall after the B-17 hit it. Please tell me in your infinite wisdom of steel structures ONE building anywhere on the planet that has fallen due to fire.

You being an engineer explains a lot of your beliefs on this subject ...... been dealing with your type my whole career, always looks good on paper but doesn't hold water in the real world.

Μολων λαβε

#3116357 - 01/09/13 02:21 PM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: in the dog house!]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Well since you're such an expert, I guess there's no need to explain you the difference in a lost B-25 (not a B-17) lumbering about Manhattan trying to land (whose piston engines couldn't push it past 300mph) and a fully fueled Boeing 767 with it's throttles firewalled. Or there's no use in pointing out that the main structural column support of the ESB is contained within its thick concrete walls, thereby greatly shielding it from the impact of a B-25. But I'm sure you've already used Newton's 2nd Law to directly correlate a 48,000 lb airplane traveling under 200 mph to a 300,000 lb airplane traveling faster than 400 mph.

But you're right....no modern steel structure has ever been brought down solely by fire. However, very few steel structures of any type can stay erect with a large portion of their structural columns completely severed. Never mind a structure that was so badly damaged by impact, only to succumb to additional fires exceeding 700F. So utilizing your superior intellect, I can most certainly see why you see frustration in "my type" so much.

But I'm sure you've already thought those things through.

But let me tell you about "my type". We've been dealing with "your type" for a long time, as well. "Your type" is generally a self-important blowhard that fails to see the big picture. "Your type" loves to latch onto the fact that one time, you were right. "Your type" loves to make a bunch of noise about how much smarter you are than the "engineers", and whether you're right or not, will let everyone know about your level of superiority. Right as you may be sometimes, "your type" can never accept that they might be wrong, and faced with contrary information will continually blow your stack showing your true colors.

#3116404 - 01/09/13 02:46 PM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: TAFKAP]
in the dog house!
14 Point

LMBO!!!! So in your infinite wisdom what brought down WTC7 that was not hit by any plane, only fire. But clearly to " my type " was imploded.

Edited by in the dog house! (01/09/13 02:47 PM)

Μολων λαβε

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
13 registered (Prowler, trevor2010, Vermin93, TeamMainStreet, TNboy6, Main Beam, 1 invisible) and 73 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96150 Topics
1125927 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.048 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.