Topic Options
#3115814 - 01/09/13 08:19 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: infoman jr.]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

Originally Posted By: infoman jr.
This is how it should've gone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxNenz7q_eY

If you agree with the speaker before they begin and he starts yelling, you fist pump and cheer. But if you're an objective listener on the fence about the issue, and you listen to Jones yell and rant, he instantly loses credibility whether or not he presents facts.

I love Jesse

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3115842 - 01/09/13 08:43 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: Stalkhunter]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

I don't think any of us are divided on the issue, in fact we are all strongly in the same corner; however, we are differing on how the issue is presented—especially in Jones' case. The anti-gun crowd's argumnent is 99% emotional based, unlike our pro-gun case which is backed up with valid facts and figures—not to mention Constitutional Rights. It would be wise to stick with facts and figures for now and leave the wild emotions at the door as facts and figures will beat emotion based arguments most of the time. There maybe a time for acting like Jones, but that time most certainly is not now.

#3115870 - 01/09/13 09:02 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: Stalkhunter]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

Originally Posted By: NyTransplant
guess i got censored hmmm

Let me clear the air here this comment was not pointed at a mod or the owners before anyone start running my PM's Up. So lets be clear on another issues, my opinions are my opinions. When i say divide and Conquer yes I believe it to be true.. When one bit of our freedoms are stripped away and yo agree with it they have divided us and Conquered.

Edited by NyTransplant (01/09/13 09:03 AM)

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3115902 - 01/09/13 09:25 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: de novo]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: de novo

The interview is entertaining and was piquing the interest of many before Drudge chose to headline his page. Jones was placed on the show to try to stimulate some interest in a failing show. He was initially scheduled to debate Alan Dershowitz with Morgan as moderator. Essentially a 2 on 1 debate, like the Candy Crowley debate but Dershowitz backed out last minute and Morgan went at it alone. Piers is spinning today, but he had it handed to him last night.

I quit going to InfoWars YEARS ago because it was so over-the-top and ridiculous. For every legitimate article, there are 10 stupid ones. And even the legitimate ones (like Jones's appearance with Piers) are so interspersed with crap, that it's just undigestible. Yes, Alex Jones is a personal liberty Conservative. Unfortunately, he focuses on the imaginary boogeymen "threats" more than the real-life legitimate ones.

And as far as entertaining, yes, it was funny. I got a laugh and enjoyed seeing Piers squirm. But it wasn't a good interview. Jones's mission isn't to argue the conservative cause...it's to stir up controversy, drive people to his website, and scare people into buying "survival kits", bumper stickers, and website subscriptions.

His method was a purely liberal one. Shout down, defer, and throw in unrelated deflections. Alex Jones didn't win the argumen. He shut down his oppponent by proving to the public what a nutjub he was. It's just like seeing an interview with Uncle Ted. Sure...it gets everyone fired up and cheering the guy. We all agree with what he stands for, but his message and its delivery only reinforce the liberal stereotype of off-kilter whackjobs. Piers didn't lose the debate...he quit talking because he was dealing with an irrational madman that wouldnt' shut his yap.

#3115906 - 01/09/13 09:28 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: TNDeerGuy]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: TNDeerGuy
I don't think any of us are divided on the issue, in fact we are all strongly in the same corner; however, we are differing on how the issue is presented—especially in Jones' case. The anti-gun crowd's argumnent is 99% emotional based, unlike our pro-gun case which is backed up with valid facts and figures—not to mention Constitutional Rights. It would be wise to stick with facts and figures for now and leave the wild emotions at the door as facts and figures will beat emotion based arguments most of the time. There maybe a time for acting like Jones, but that time most certainly is not now.

^^^THIS^^^

#3115911 - 01/09/13 09:33 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: TAFKAP]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

I didn't watch because, well, I don't like Piers Morgan - nor his political views...and I think Alex Jones, while I agree with some amount of what he says, is a nutcase overall.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3115914 - 01/09/13 09:34 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: de novo]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Piers is a moroon.........

#3115942 - 01/09/13 09:47 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: Stalkhunter]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

content Online
Say what you want to about Alex Jones, but if you do the research he predicted 9-11 one year before it happened. Yes he approach is over the top and I agree he isn't helping the people that are on the fence. Do the research on him and you will see he has hit the nail on the head many, many times. If he could get a good spokes man or woman to push his points in a more professional manner his points could reach the people on the fence and have them fall on the pro 2nd amendment American people's side of the gun debate.

Μολων λαβε

#3115956 - 01/09/13 09:54 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: rabbit hunter]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

content Online
 Originally Posted By: rabbit hunter
Piers is a moroon.........

Couldn't agree more, he skirts the true facts of the gun issues. I wish I knew how money he was paid to push this agenda. Sold his soul to the devil no doubt. Now its time he gets booted back to the rock he crawled out from under and live in his gun free country and let someone across the big pond put a bat to his head. JMO

Μολων λαβε

#3115959 - 01/09/13 09:55 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: in the dog house!]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Let me get back to you. I've never done research on Alex Jones, mainly because of his obviously deficient physics skills.

Predicted 9/11? I'm guessing it was something alon gthe lines of "the DoD is going to test how to bring down large buildings!"....followed by a "SEE! TOLD YA SO!" a year later. Nostradomus never knew what he was writing about, and even the weathermen get it right once in a while.

Chem trails? Puhlease

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
111 registered (Rubberduck270, paradis1142, AndyW, Farm manager, LIL JOKER, backwoods7, 12 invisible) and 149 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85143 Topics
1028894 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.248 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.