Topic Options
#3115015 - 01/08/13 05:29 PM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: TAFKAP]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
 Originally Posted By: de novo
 Originally Posted By: infoman jr.
I agreed with Jones, but his delivery was horrible imo. I don't think he did us any favors with that one.

I disagree. Whether you like his delivery or not he went out on CNN with the intention to get out as much information as possible in spite of the network's desire to drive the debate. Also, the attention and youtube watches he receives today will be many times more than those who tuned in to the show.

His intention was to raise awareness for a variety of liberty issues, increase the exposure of himself and his http://www.infowars.com website, and intimidate Piers Morgan.

Mission accomplished.

Here's the problem....any legitimate information he gave to the previously uninformed watcher will now drive that person to the Infowars website. There, they will see about all the stupid conspiracies he vomits out, an will likely turn off a previously receptive person. Contrails, 9/11 inside job crap, Bilderberg conspiracies, and other stupidity are the biggest distractions to Jones's message. It doesn't help that his followers are just as looney.

Also, the aftermath of the interview, through distribution by Drudge et al. is what's garnering the watchers......it's not like Piers Morgan's show has any significant ratings.

Why do you think the producers of that show picked this guy for the show...they always pick someone that knows quite a bit but can't deliver it in Hollywood style. Conservatives are always shown on TV with spelling and grammar mistakes in their signs when they protest, etc. I appreciate their fortitude but honestly, they are not doing us a favor. Most libs are educated (with their daddy's money), polished (with their daddy's money) and well honed for confrontational debates...Many times...we are not...We seem to resort to fisticuff type retorts..."just try to take my guns"..."you'll have to pry my guns from my cold dead hands"...all emotional stuff instead of helping

Edited by Coach (01/08/13 05:31 PM)

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3115150 - 01/08/13 07:06 PM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: de novo]
stickler
8 Point

Loc: Seymour TN

I cant stand him
#3115298 - 01/08/13 08:25 PM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: stickler]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

Alex Jones is a complete whack-job, just as much as Piers Morgan is a pompous-a%# %*!?&! Jones message and figures are absolutely spot-on, but he even turned me off with his delivery—I could only imagine what someone felt that is on the fence? This entire interview was no accident, there is a valid reason why Morgan had him on...and he was successful in his demonstration of people that appear to be "off" and why he believes further gun control measures should be started.

#3115353 - 01/08/13 08:45 PM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: de novo]
BigSatt
10 Point

Loc: Northern Middle Tn.

Fellers, as I see it, you either are for someone speaking up for our rights....or you are not. Whether you agree with their stance on other issues or not.

Kinda like the gun control issue itself. You are either for gun control....or you are not.

"But, but, but, I'm against gun control, but I just don't see why we have to have high capacity mags?..."

Sorry dude. If that's your stance, then you ARE for gun control.

I'm against ANY loss of liberty, or portion thereof, as defined by the Constitution.

#3115513 - 01/08/13 10:05 PM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: BigSatt]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Coach

Why do you think the producers of that show picked this guy for the show...they always pick someone that knows quite a bit but can't deliver it in Hollywood style. Conservatives are always shown on TV with spelling and grammar mistakes in their signs when they protest, etc. I appreciate their fortitude but honestly, they are not doing us a favor. Most libs are educated (with their daddy's money), polished (with their daddy's money) and well honed for confrontational debates...Many times...we are not...We seem to resort to fisticuff type retorts..."just try to take my guns"..."you'll have to pry my guns from my cold dead hands"...all emotional stuff instead of helping

He was selected because he started a deport Piers Morgan petition that has received over 100,000 signatures on white house.gov
Piers Morgan is about to have his showed moved to late night and he and his producers are desperate for publicity and ratings. He was supposed to debate a lawyer about gun control and Piers was going to gang up on him but the other guest cancelled last minute. They had been publicizing the Jones appearance and decided to wing it.

So according to you liberals/democrats are well spoken, educated people that are not emotional, really??? I guess they have a hardworking, patriotic, non-government handout stereotype as well.

Originally Posted By: TNDeerGuy
Alex Jones is a complete whack-job, just as much as Piers Morgan is a pompous-a%# %*!?&! Jones message and figures are absolutely spot-on, but he even turned me off with his delivery—I could only imagine what someone felt that is on the fence? This entire interview was no accident, there is a valid reason why Morgan had him on...and he was successful in his demonstration of people that appear to be "off" and why he believes further gun control measures should be started.

With his delivery? His delivery is what got his points across. If It was up to Morgan the entire interview would have been about the 35 gun deaths in the UK and shooting elementary kids with M4s. Morgan has talked over and insulted his last two gun rights advocates on his show. He ended the Pratt interview by telling him he was an idiot and an unbelievably stupid man who didn't care about kids being shot.

A 15 minute clip is linked where an anti gunner is put in his place by a 2nd Amendment advocate and you take the the time to criticize the delivery of the guy actively trying to stand up for our Constitution. It's unlikely you would approve of the delivery of any of our Founding Fathers, either. Another bunch of whack jobs who stood up for freedom.

Here's a video you'll probably enjoy more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC4JJWUtzkc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Originally Posted By: BigSatt

You are either for gun control....or you are not.

I'm against ANY loss of liberty, or portion thereof, as defined by the Constitution.

In all likelihood the wisest two posts on the forum tonight.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3115530 - 01/08/13 10:30 PM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: de novo]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

I've seen enough loud mouthed lefty communist whackos like James Carville, Bill Maher and Howard Dean run over the top of people they were interviewing. Alex Jones passion for the issue was refreshing to me. For once snide, condescending, arrogant talking points direct from Stalin got told off.

Does anyone think Bob Dole could've done a better job against Piers?

#3115574 - 01/08/13 11:22 PM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: AndyW]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: AndyW
I've seen enough loud mouthed lefty communist whackos like James Carville, Bill Maher and Howard Dean run over the top of people they were interviewing. Alex Jones passion for the issue was refreshing to me. For once snide, condescending, arrogant talking points direct from Stalin got told off.

x2

#3115587 - 01/08/13 11:56 PM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: de novo]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

Originally Posted By: de novo

Originally Posted By: TNDeerGuy

With his delivery? His delivery is what got his points across. If It was up to Morgan the entire interview would have been about the 35 gun deaths in the UK and shooting elementary kids with M4s. Morgan has talked over and insulted his last two gun rights advocates on his show. He ended the Pratt interview by telling him he was an idiot and an unbelievably stupid man who didn't care about kids being shot.

A 15 minute clip is linked where an anti gunner is put in his place by a 2nd Amendment advocate and you take the the time to criticize the delivery of the guy actively trying to stand up for our Constitution. It's unlikely you would approve of the delivery of any of our Founding Fathers, either. Another bunch of whack jobs who stood up for freedom.

Here's a video you'll probably enjoy more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC4JJWUtzkc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I've seen the Larry Platt interview before and it was much more effective at making Morgan look like an idiotic pin-head that had nothing left in his quiver except insults and name calling—Mr. Platt connected to those in the middle. I completely agree with message Alex Jones was giving and I stand behind that all the way—even to the death should it come to that. However, the yelling, screaming, ranting and raving made Jones look like a raving madman that is on the verge of going postal himself—that is what Piers Morgan was trying to bring out of him and he was successful—that entire "debate" was calculated and designed. A calm, in-control, fact-filled, rational debate from Alex Jones' point-of-view would have been much more effective. He had the facts and data right there to support our stance, but the conspiracy theories along with his out-of-control manner totally over-shadowed those facts and data. You'll never convince the hard-line Liberals to change their mind—it is the people that are on the fence that you have to sway to your side of the argument, and the manner in which Jones delivered his message he did not sway anyone....just provided more ammunition to the hard-line left as they will use people like the seemingly out-of-control Jones as their poster child. Rule number one in debating....know and be aware of your audience and deliver in a manner that they can relate to—Jones failed....sorry. If you get in the pen with a pig your both gonna get dirty....the pig just likes it more.

#3115782 - 01/09/13 07:48 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: TNDeerGuy]
infoman jr.
10 Point

Loc: Elizabethtown, KY

This is how it should've gone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxNenz7q_eY

If you agree with the speaker before they begin and he starts yelling, you fist pump and cheer. But if you're an objective listener on the fence about the issue, and you listen to Jones yell and rant, he instantly loses credibility whether or not he presents facts.

#3115813 - 01/09/13 08:18 AM Re: Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [Re: infoman jr.]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

I will give you all one thing,I will give you all one thing, divide and Conquer, The left is doing it now—just look at us on this site, it is very evident the left are being successful."
Jones weather you like him or not has been on this for the last 15 years. Has been right on a lot of issues weather you want to admit it or not period. If he wasnt they would not even bat an eye over this guy. There are so many non main stream news talking the same thing and all have started up after him. No matter how you feel, if we dont stand together soon they will win the battle, The of passing the gun ban and the war will start.

But the issue is this They are coming after the guns and us period. As it has been stated by a special forces Gen. The video I posted last night and I am sure most of you so called true conservitives balked at that too. Wait till this Obama care goes into full force.

Well lets see so far they pushed back the micro chipping till 2015 why they dont have the guns, they pushed back manditory Vac till 2015 why the dont have the guns. They also do not have the Private army in place yet, why they dont have the guns. Plus the best saying of all out of the Traitors mouth you cant control the people till you control the health care and have the guns.

So when we cant come together and stand our ground they will get the guns. Thank God our Founding Fathers had more Balls then we do. If they didn't this country would have never got off the Ground.

I started my research 8 years ago, not long after 911. I think alot here need to get on it now. I dont care what you think of me but As i stated many times.

I TOOK AN OATH OF OFFICE WHEN I WENT INTO THE MARINE CORPS AND IT STILL BURNS IN EVERY BREATH I TAKE. I WILL DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION FROM ALL ENEMIES FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC.

UNITE OR FALL. WHAT DO YOU STAND FOR.

I will not let my Great Uncles that fought IN WWII and one who was a war hero have died invien or be dishonored by me for not defending the Constitution or the people of this Country.

My rant

Edited by NyTransplant (01/09/13 09:51 AM)

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

Page 2 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
38 registered (lungpuncher1, KubotaM4900, Steyrhunter, bigluresonly, Harvester, postal rage, 7 invisible) and 77 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13279 Members
42 Forums
93137 Topics
1088583 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.091 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.