Tndeer Logo

Page all of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3113401 - 01/07/13 08:09 PM NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

From The Orlando Sentinel: That has prompted NASA to advertise a long list of KSC facilities and equipment as available for use, lease or, in some cases, outright purchase by the right business. Among them: Launch Pad 39A, where shuttles were launched; space in the Vehicle Assembly Building, the iconic 526-foot-tall structure first used to assemble Saturn V-Apollo rockets; the Orbiter Processing Facilities, essentially huge garages where the shuttles were maintained; Hangar N and its high-tech test equipment; the launch-control center; and various other buildings and chunks of undeveloped property. A lot of the stuff needs to be transferred by the end of 2013, when federal maintenance money will run out. When it does, machinery will start to rust, and buildings will deteriorate in the harsh coastal-marsh environment of Cape Canaveral.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/20...-Kennedy-Center

#3113413 - 01/07/13 08:12 PM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: Crappie Luck]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

“Houston, We have a problem”

#3113446 - 01/07/13 08:18 PM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: Crappie Luck]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Here we are seeing American's proud history just disappear before our eyes. It's a shame.

#3113547 - 01/07/13 08:43 PM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: Wildcat]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Remember, NASA's mission now is to just makes Muslims feel good about themselves.

Somehow, surrendering space to China must do this.

#3113712 - 01/07/13 09:16 PM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: Crappie Luck]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

He who weaponizes space first wins.

And it won't be the USA.

#3113857 - 01/07/13 09:57 PM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Thank You Democrats...

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3113879 - 01/07/13 10:05 PM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: Rebel]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

For the record, I'm not totally against privatizing much of NASA. I beleive the private sector can do better and cheaper if given the opportunity.

But NASA's budget was around 20 billion per year (I think). That's a.drop in the bucket compared to EBT and welfare costs. At least we got to see something for our money. What are we getting in return for welfare? More babies. More welfare

#3114167 - 01/08/13 07:49 AM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
He who weaponizes space first wins.

And it won't be the USA.

The Bolshevik stated prior to the morons voting him in the 1st time that he wouldn't weaponize space.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3114476 - 01/08/13 10:41 AM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: TennesseeRains]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Sounds like they are just selling off old/unused stuff.....

They are still building new stuff....

Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share.

#3115578 - 01/08/13 11:29 PM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: Wildcat]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
Here we are seeing American's proud history just disappear before our eyes. It's a shame.

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson

They are building nothing , show me a link.

The Future of NASA? Once Again, Obama Says Nothing
http://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/2009...a-says-nothing/

Instead, the agency is doing everything but. It’s been drifting, delaying and courting upstart aerospace companies to build what’s already been built, ignoring the days when America was clearly No. 1.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48211307/ns/...a/#.UO0CmW9X1Xs

Edited by Locksley (01/08/13 11:35 PM)

#3115786 - 01/09/13 07:50 AM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: Locksley]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Locksley

I can't provide you a link, but I can provide you with first hand knowledge..... The company I work for has been contracted for some of the system schematics, engineering checks, and system process testing for a new launch pad/system on the coast of Virginia.

I could have gone to the site, but had already been working in Virginia for 7 months and was ready to be back in Tennessee.... this was a year ago.

#3117719 - 01/10/13 12:35 PM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Locksley
16 Point

I can't provide you a link, but I can provide you with first hand knowledge..... The company I work for has been contracted for some of the system schematics, engineering checks, and system process testing for a new launch pad/system on the coast of Virginia.

I could have gone to the site, but had already been working in Virginia for 7 months and was ready to be back in Tennessee.... this was a year ago.

Why when there is no money would they build new in Virginia what they already have in Florida.

NASA is tearing down Langley Research Center's 16-foot transonic wind tunnel. It's quite a storied place, having tested everything from the F-14 Tomcat to the space shuttle.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/science/d...0,6972782.story

Edited by Locksley (01/10/13 12:39 PM)

#3117742 - 01/10/13 12:48 PM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: Locksley]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

I don't think they were building new in Virginia what they have in Florida....

With the economy in the tank, funding being cut, and who knows what on the horizon.... testing has slowed way down, I can say that with first hand experience as well.... There are other wind tunnels and testing facilities, most likely with newer technology, maybe they are just trimming the fat so to speak....

#3119985 - 01/11/13 11:20 PM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Locksley
16 Point

The OBAMA-nation is going to be trimming the fat so to speak....in every technology America is the world leader in. We will lose all new weapons systems that the country is working on and this new Defense Department man will be OBAMAs hatchet man with the military cuts. He will cut every branch of the military by half and that means scrapping half the few Navy ships we have now.

#3120225 - 01/12/13 08:30 AM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: Locksley]
Greg .
aPoStROpHe PolIcE
16 Point

Loc: NC Piedmonts

iT's Go0d ThAT We'Ve stopPeD sHo0TInG
MOnEy Out InTO sPaCE. iT iS MucH bETtEr
sPeNT On gIvInG p0Or PeoPlE cOmpUTErS,
ceLl PhONEs, InteNeT aCcEsS ... ;\)

#3120623 - 01/12/13 03:51 PM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: Greg .]
Locksley
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Greg .

iT's Go0d ThAT We'Ve stopPeD sHo0TInG
MOnEy Out InTO sPaCE. iT iS MucH bETtEr
sPeNT On gIvInG p0Or PeoPlE cOmpUTErS,
ceLl PhONEs, InteNeT aCcEsS ... ;\)

Is the government giving out free cell phones?
Yes. This part is true. They fund low end cell phones plans, and offset some of the cost of landline phones. The programs that authorize the phone distribution program are called Lifeline Assistance and Lifeline Link-Up. Lifeline Assistance helps pay monthly phone bills and Lifeline Link-Up helps pay the initial outlay for the phone and installation. The two programs are often lumped together and simply called Lifeline.

These Lifeline cell phones are delivered through relatively new, government-approved cell phone companies like Safelink Wireless, Assurance Wireless and Reachout Wireless, among others. These companies were spun of off larger prepaid cell phone companies to specialize in the Lifeline program.

http://www.freegovernmentcellphones.net/faq/obama-phone

#3120632 - 01/12/13 03:56 PM Re: NASA dismantled and sold off in pieces [Re: Locksley]
Locksley
16 Point

The OBAMA-nation is going to be trimming the fat so to speak....in every technology America is the world leader in. We will lose all new weapons systems that the country is working on and this new Defense Department man will be OBAMAs hatchet man with the military cuts. He will cut every branch of the military by half and that means scrapping half the few Navy ships we have now.

Obama Advisor: Hagel Will Bring ‘Huge Cuts’ to the Military

In today’s New York Times, David Brooks argues persuasively that Chuck Hagel has been nominated to help Barack Obama dramatically cut defense spending.

Chuck Hagel has been nominated to supervise the beginning of this generation-long process of defense cutbacks. If a Democratic president is going to slash defense, he probably wants a Republican at the Pentagon to give him political cover, and he probably wants a decorated war hero to boot.

All the charges about Hagel’s views on Israel or Iran are secondary. The real question is, how will he begin this long cutting process? How will he balance modernizing the military and paying current personnel? How will he recalibrate American defense strategy with, say, 455,000 fewer service members?

How, in short, will Hagel supervise the beginning of America’s military decline? If members of Congress don’t want America to decline militarily, well, they have no one to blame but the voters and themselves.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-advisor-hagel-will-bring-huge-cuts-military_694919.html

Page all of 2 12>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
THEdonkey0515, muddyhunter, davey1230, MisquitoNet, strutter rutter
13079 Registered Users
Who's Online
66 registered (catm1, Hunter244, Tn_Va_Hunter, Arch-N, Big Pop, TNRifleman, 13 invisible) and 112 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13079 Members
42 Forums
88116 Topics
1032259 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.237 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.