Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#3114938 - 01/08/13 04:08 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: shouler mt]
bbuck14
8 Point

Loc: West Tn.

X2
#3114956 - 01/08/13 04:20 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: bbuck14]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

I knew we would get 6 pages out of this \:\)

Here's a website called "Ban SC Deer Dogging"

http://www.banscdeerdogging.com/

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3114972 - 01/08/13 04:44 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: mrw]
W.Seay
14 Point

Loc: Collierville,TN.

Originally Posted By: mrw
Is there any legal ramifications in the states that allow dog hunting for the owners of trespassing dogs? As a dog owner, I am held legally responsible for anything my dog does. I would think that if a dog was consistently found on posted land running deer, then the owner could be prosecuted for trespassing.

Great point!!

#3115435 - 01/08/13 09:22 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: W.Seay]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

Originally Posted By: W.Seay
 Originally Posted By: TeamMainStreet
The bottom line is that NOBODY enjoys dogs pressuring the deer they are hunting. It is very annoying to watch deer and all the sudden here comes a pack of dogs raising heck chasing deer all over the property! I understand that accidents sometimes happen BUT most of the time the guys running the dogs don't give a crap who's private property their on. It all boils down to having respect for another mans property. If you allow your pets or hunting dogs to run loose, be prepared to deal with what could follow. For the record you guys that say this type of dog or that type of dog won't run deer, you are wrong. I've seen labs, golden retrievers, blue tics, blood hounds, beagles,mutts, fiests, pit bulls, Rottweilers, and several other breeds run deer and nearly catch them.

Sir I sincerely hope you enjoy shooting every dog that crosses within the borders of your operation. No skin off my nose.

I've never claimed nor have I ever shot at or attempted to shoot a dog, I'm just sick of you dog guys that think its your God given right to illegally hunt and run your dogs on property that you don't own! It's show your complete disrespect for another persons property.i understand accidents do happen where dog owners indirectly allow their dogs to trespass, but what irks me is the group who CONSISTENTLY trespass and when confronted they act as if its their right to "go and hunt" where their dogs lead. If you want to run dogs great more power to you! Just keep them off private posted property or better yet belly up and write a check for your own property and run them like there's no tomorrow. After all if you can afford $75,000 dogs you should be able to afford property I would think.

As ONE OF YOU DOG GUYS, I am fairly certain that if for some godforsaken reason I were to ever have my dog come across your property, I would try to look you up to ask for your permission to retrieve my dog and would try to the best of my abilities, considering your stance on us DOG GUYS WITH GOD GIVEN RIGHTS, to never hunt near your property again. That's how this DOG GUY rolls. I have the utmost respect for yours or anybody else's property and personaL belongings. If I have asked and you have made it known that you don't want anybody there then I will not be. I'm assuming from your tone that you are probably one of the ones who say NOT NO BUT HEYAL NO, even when asked nicely for permission for something like retreiving a dog.

Dont tread on me

#3115441 - 01/08/13 09:25 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: mrw]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Is there any legal ramifications in the states that allow dog hunting for the owners of trespassing dogs? As a dog owner, I am held legally responsible for anything my dog does. I would think that if a dog was consistently found on posted land running deer, then the owner could be prosecuted for trespassing.

Not all hounds men break the law, just like not every deer hunt obeys it.

Dont tread on me

#3115444 - 01/08/13 09:26 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: W.Seay]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

I already spent $7,000.00 on a 3 day hunt behind a fence, once I got there I just couldn't force myself to kill behind it so I spent $1500.00 ontop of the $7,000.00 changed my flight and came home within 18 hours of arriving. In other words I spent over $8,000.00 which was nonrefundable to fly for a few hours and sleep at a fine lodge. I don't enjoy hunting behind fences no matter the height, it's no challenge, any idiot can kill behind a fence.

You sure have thrown a whole lot of money at this whole deer hunting thing. Maybe time for a less expensive, less stressful hobby. Just sayin.

Dont tread on me

#3115461 - 01/08/13 09:38 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: TeamMainStreet]
W.Seay
14 Point

The bottom line is that NOBODY enjoys dogs pressuring the deer they are hunting. It is very annoying to watch deer and all the sudden here comes a pack of dogs raising heck chasing deer all over the property! I understand that accidents sometimes happen BUT most of the time the guys running the dogs don't give a crap who's private property their on. It all boils down to having respect for another mans property. If you allow your pets or hunting dogs to run loose, be prepared to deal with what could follow. For the record you guys that say this type of dog or that type of dog won't run deer, you are wrong. I've seen labs, golden retrievers, blue tics, blood hounds, beagles,mutts, fiests, pit bulls, Rottweilers, and several other breeds run deer and nearly catch them.

Sir I sincerely hope you enjoy shooting every dog that crosses within the borders of your operation. No skin off my nose.

I've never claimed nor have I ever shot at or attempted to shoot a dog, I'm just sick of you dog guys that think its your God given right to illegally hunt and run your dogs on property that you don't own! It's show your complete disrespect for another persons property.i understand accidents do happen where dog owners indirectly allow their dogs to trespass, but what irks me is the group who CONSISTENTLY trespass and when confronted they act as if its their right to "go and hunt" where their dogs lead. If you want to run dogs great more power to you! Just keep them off private posted property or better yet belly up and write a check for your own property and run them like there's no tomorrow. After all if you can afford $75,000 dogs you should be able to afford property I would think.

As ONE OF YOU DOG GUYS, I am fairly certain that if for some godforsaken reason I were to ever have my dog come across your property, I would try to look you up to ask for your permission to retrieve my dog and would try to the best of my abilities, considering your stance on us DOG GUYS WITH GOD GIVEN RIGHTS, to never hunt near your property again. That's how this DOG GUY rolls. I have the utmost respect for yours or anybody else's property and personaL belongings. If I have asked and you have made it known that you don't want anybody there then I will not be. I'm assuming from your tone that you are probably one of the ones who say NOT NO BUT HEYAL NO, even when asked nicely for permission for something like retreiving a dog.

I have absolutely no problem with honest mistakes, but CONSISTENTLY trespassing and blaming your dogs for hunting my property is what I do have a problem with.the CONSISTENCY of trespassing and roaming/hunting my property is what I have a problem with.

#3115463 - 01/08/13 09:40 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: TeamMainStreet]
W.Seay
14 Point

I already spent $7,000.00 on a 3 day hunt behind a fence, once I got there I just couldn't force myself to kill behind it so I spent $1500.00 ontop of the $7,000.00 changed my flight and came home within 18 hours of arriving. In other words I spent over $8,000.00 which was nonrefundable to fly for a few hours and sleep at a fine lodge. I don't enjoy hunting behind fences no matter the height, it's no challenge, any idiot can kill behind a fence.

You sure have thrown a whole lot of money at this whole deer hunting thing.
Maybe time for a less expensive, less stressful hobby. Just sayin.

Nah, work hard play hard! You can't put a price tag on the fun me and my family has while hunting. I just enjoy being out of the office. The reason I told about the wasted $$ on the hunting trip was to explain my stance about killing a 200" buck behind a fence and acting like its some awesome feat isn't my style. I have killed a couple does behind a fence to help with management purposes only. But I wouldn't ever fence a property just because it doesn't feel right to me hunting behind it. There is a difference between a trigger man which is all you have to be at a high fence operations and a skilled woodsman in real life fair chase hunting.

Edited by W.Seay (01/08/13 10:01 PM)

#3115473 - 01/08/13 09:44 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: TeamMainStreet]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

No comment on this one huh?

Dont tread on me

#3115489 - 01/08/13 09:52 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: TeamMainStreet]
W.Seay
14 Point

No comment on this one huh?

Sure ill comment, you are correct!

Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
27 registered (TIGGREM2, 7mm08, TN Larry, biglefty20, ruger7mag, old guy, 3 invisible) and 54 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
91004 Topics
1063453 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.048 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.