Tndeer Logo

Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>
Topic Options
#3115509 - 01/08/13 10:03 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: W.Seay]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

Originally Posted By: W.Seay
 Originally Posted By: TeamMainStreet
 Originally Posted By: mrw
Is there any legal ramifications in the states that allow dog hunting for the owners of trespassing dogs? As a dog owner, I am held legally responsible for anything my dog does. I would think that if a dog was consistently found on posted land running deer, then the owner could be prosecuted for trespassing.

Not all hounds men break the law, just like not every deer hunt obeys it.

No comment on this one huh?

Sure ill comment, you are correct!

I'll tell you what makes my skin crawl. When just because someone has had one bad run in with a coonhunter or any hounds men for that matter, the group as a whole are labeled as trespassing, lowlife scum of the earth. But when a deer hunter has a run in with a trespasser or poacher it's a quarantined case. Only that guy is given down the road for his wrong doings.

What if I had paid big bucks for land to strictly rabbit hunt on and everyday I was there I ran into somebody trespassing trying to kill a deer. Would your way of thinking still apply in MY case?

Dont tread on me

#3115514 - 01/08/13 10:06 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: CPerkins]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Originally Posted By: CPerkins
All I can say is this is the first year in 21 years that I did not get a deer. Dont get me wrong I had opportunities, but numbers were way down. Sunday while looking in our fields I noticed a trend. Deer tracks with dog tracks right with them. I dont think that is the only reason we saw less deer this season than ever before, but it certainly did not help.

I don't have a clue as to your situation. You may be eaten up with wild roving trespassing dogs. But I will say that coyotes leave a print pretty similar if not the same as a dog.

Dont tread on me

#3115524 - 01/08/13 10:24 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: TeamMainStreet]
W.Seay
14 Point

Loc: Collierville,TN.

Originally Posted By: W.Seay
 Originally Posted By: mrw
Is there any legal ramifications in the states that allow dog hunting for the owners of trespassing dogs? As a dog owner, I am held legally responsible for anything my dog does. I would think that if a dog was consistently found on posted land running deer, then the owner could be prosecuted for trespassing.

Not all hounds men break the law, just like not every deer hunt obeys it.

No comment on this one huh?

Sure ill comment, you are correct!

I'll tell you what makes my skin crawl. When just because someone has had one bad run in with a coonhunter or any hounds men for that matter, the group as a whole are labeled as trespassing, lowlife scum of the earth. But when a deer hunter has a run in with a trespasser or poacher it's a quarantined case. Only that guy is given down the road for his wrong doings.

What if I had paid big bucks for land to strictly rabbit hunt on and everyday I was there I ran into somebody trespassing trying to kill a deer. Would your way of thinking still apply in MY case?

Once again...... The focal point is the CONSISTENCY not the once in a blue moon accident of a guy "loosing" his dogs on someone else's property and making an honest mistake. There are guys who turn their dogs loose on private property on purpose to hunt and then when you catch them they say "my dogs got loose"! Little did they know you stood a couple hundred yards away in the woods watching them let the dogs out of the back of their truck!

Edited by W.Seay (01/08/13 10:28 PM)

#3115536 - 01/08/13 10:35 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: W.Seay]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

So the conclusion we have come to is I'm not the one you are consistently catching hound hunting on your property so alls well that ends well. Sounds good to me.

Dont tread on me

#3115796 - 01/09/13 08:00 AM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: TeamMainStreet]
W.Seay
14 Point

Loc: Collierville,TN.

Yep it's the repeat offenders that hack people off!

#3116450 - 01/09/13 03:26 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: shouler mt]
blountcountyboy
8 Point

Loc: Blount CountyTN ya know over n...

I am a hunter, land owner, houndsmen, and farmer. I have GPS collars on my dogs so that I can see where and when they get close to property that I don't want them going into. Then since I've trained them I can "recall" them with a tone button on their E-collar. However, it may take a few seconds to get them stopped and turned around and in those few seconds they could get onto the property before I get them turned around.

If I find someone has shot the hound that I raised from a puppy, spent years and untold amounts of money to train for simply getting onto their property a lawyer will be the least of their worries.

With that said...if my dogs harrass someones livestock or tearing up property and I had been made aware of it and didn't correct the problem then shoot them. I give all dogs that chase my cattle or get into my garbage 1 pass(if wearing a collar or I know who's dog it is) and I contact the owner and explain my intentions if I catch them doing it again. This seems fair to me.

#3116709 - 01/09/13 05:49 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: blountcountyboy]
kknights27
4 Point

Loc: Knoxville,TN

To all who got their feelings hurt when I said I would not shoot a dog....REREAD the post..... UNLESS IT POSES A THREAT! Chase around my kid, ill kill it, shat in my yard, not a huge deal, ruins a deer hunt, ill give him a deserved pass. But some folks in my opinion are sensless

"Greatness is acheived in steps, small building blocks, little by little"........Ray Lewis

"Dyin aint much of a livin, boy!"...... Josey Wales!!

#3116748 - 01/09/13 06:09 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: Drop 4/5]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

Out west, CA, UT, CO, a dog on the property is just shot. That's it. I've never ever seen a dog running loose on any of the properties I hunted. In TN and MS I've had dogs follow me and ruin hunts. If your dog is on someone else's land, your dog could die. Control your dog and stay on public land or your own. What makes you think Your dog has the right to even be on someone else's land without permission?
#3116754 - 01/09/13 06:13 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: DaveB]
kknights27
4 Point

Nobody on here said a dog had a RIGHT to be on different property. I justy think its crazy/ inhumane to shoot a pet that doesnt even know its doing wrong. Just a D8CK move to do something if the dog hasnt posed a threat. Not everyone has common sense nor feelings of decency though. I was warned as a young boy, some people are just plain crazy : )

"Greatness is acheived in steps, small building blocks, little by little"........Ray Lewis

#3116758 - 01/09/13 06:15 PM Re: SC addresses the shooting of hunting dogs [Re: kknights27]
kknights27
4 Point

Again, just my opinion.

Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
two1980, Darrenduhl, 2winsrus, jacmac, Smokeymtnbow
13101 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (edtcase, cbhunter, feathersandfur2214, Master Chief, landman, Nealmeally, 11 invisible) and 128 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13101 Members
42 Forums
88772 Topics
1038590 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.229 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.